Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO' Announces Staff Members

New
Mar 24, 2018 4:19 AM

Nov 2007
The Genco New Animation stage at AnimeJapan has announced two staff members for their previously announced Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO TV anime. The anime is slated for this year and will consist of 26 episodes, covering the characters and routes from the visual novel.

Staff
Director: Tetsuo Hirakawa (Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho)
Character Design: Mai Ootsuka (the Non Non Biyori series)

Announcement (Released last December)

Source: Comic Natalie
arsonalSep 20, 2018 11:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
Wait a minute ... is that blonde person a dude or a chick ?
Mar 24, 2018 4:24 AM

Nov 2007
Cast: https://twitter.com/official_genco/status/977456392259780608

@Swagernator I believe is a she.
tsubasaloverMar 24, 2018 4:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2018 7:05 AM
Aug 2017
Director is a bit underwhelming, as I heard that Grimoire of Zero wasn’t that great. Kinda hoped that someone like Hamasaki would take on this project. I’m a bit wary on the execution. Otherwise, it is good to see some news on this.
Mar 24, 2018 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
The staff is decent from what I'm seeing but yeah... I do like Grimoire but the director isn't the best out there.
Mar 25, 2018 8:09 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really excited to play the 2017 version of this VN, hope it gets an western release...
kinda wanna see what they will do with the anime too.

Any news for which season this will air in?
PlaycoolMar 25, 2018 8:15 AM
Mar 25, 2018 8:42 AM
Aug 2017
Playcool said:
Really excited to play the 2017 version of this VN, hope it gets an western release...
kinda wanna see what they will do with the anime too.

Any news for which season this will air in?

Only some staff was announced in AnimeJapan. No airdate is set for this yet, but I predict this will probably air in the Fall season.
Mar 25, 2018 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Playcool said:
Really excited to play the 2017 version of this VN

Just play original version. Additionally It has wonderful translation. Official one will be butchered as every other VN TL.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 25, 2018 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
26 episodes to cover the routes interesting. I never had the chance to played the original game before but the remake has my interest now.
Mar 25, 2018 12:27 PM

Apr 2015
This looks kinda cool. I hope that it doesn't get butchered adaptation-wise. Two-cour seems the most sensible thing for this though even then there is a lot of material to sift through. Not particularly a fan of the staff but hey, it could have been worse.
Mar 26, 2018 12:43 AM
May 2016
Still weary, but will watch for sure.
Might not be nearly as good as the VN, but at least will be entertaining, hopefully not in a trainwreck manner.
Mar 26, 2018 1:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
Playcool said:
Really excited to play the 2017 version of this VN

Just play original version. Additionally It has wonderful translation. Official one will be butchered as every other VN TL.

No change, why get stick with the old release with OLD-ugly-by-now-standards-art, when I can just wait and probably experience it with some really great art on.
Would be a fool to jump on the old one at this point.
Mar 26, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
Playcool said:
rsc-pl said:

No change, why get stick with the old release with OLD-ugly-by-now-standards-art, when I can just wait and probably experience it with some really great art on.

Except the old artstyle is a lot better and only blind person would say it's not. I'm not a fan of really old school style, but I can't negate details and effort put into it. Character design in new release is a joke. Voice acting is worse in 2017 version too.
rsc-plMar 26, 2018 2:48 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 28, 2018 3:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
Playcool said:

Except the old artstyle is a lot better and only blind person would say it's not. I'm not a fan of really old school style, but I can't negate details and effort put into it. Character design in new release is a joke. Voice acting is worse in 2017 version too.

Old art style is better... it maybe have looked great, 20 years ago, not by nowadays standarts, if you want to refer to actual great looking classic art, then full metal panic 2002 is a good example with some really good art designs, now when you compare old Yuno to 2017, really only a blind person wouldnt be able to spot the difference.
It is fine you are a fan of the original game, but facts are facts, if that art was really great, then why didnt they keep it for 2017 remake?!
Nuff said.
Mar 28, 2018 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
Playcool said:

It is fine you are a fan of the original game, but facts are facts, if that art was really great, then why didnt they keep it for 2017 remake?!

Why? Because it's a lot cheaper to produce undetailed sprites. I don't hate modern character design in general (something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1_GNXPY8E or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xtwu1RIw5s looks great), to be chonest I prefer 2000+ character design, but in this case it's just complete downgrade and as I said - you are probably blind if you can't spot difference in details. And it's not caused by nostalgia, because I discovered this game a year ago.
I've read a lot of online discussions about the remake and most od fans agree - character design is butchered and it's not only about the style.
I mean, dude, open your eyes, they made 100% more details with only 8 colors.
https://i.imgur.com/AJzLuJb.png

And do you want to see what how proper remake should looks like?
Look at this:
https://i.imgur.com/ARFhfeG.jpg
They kept original character design and made it look more modern simultaneously keeping level of details too. This is actual upgrade with a lot of respect towards original designers and producers.
rsc-plMar 28, 2018 5:10 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 29, 2018 5:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
Playcool said:

Why? Because it's a lot cheaper to produce undetailed sprites. I don't hate modern character design in general (something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1_GNXPY8E or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xtwu1RIw5s looks great), to be chonest I prefer 2000+ character design, but in this case it's just complete downgrade and as I said - you are probably blind if you can't spot difference in details. And it's not caused by nostalgia, because I discovered this game a year ago.
I've read a lot of online discussions about the remake and most od fans agree - character design is butchered and it's not only about the style.
I mean, dude, open your eyes, they made 100% more details with only 8 colors.
https://i.imgur.com/AJzLuJb.png

And do you want to see what how proper remake should looks like?
Look at this:
https://i.imgur.com/ARFhfeG.jpg
They kept original character design and made it look more modern simultaneously keeping level of details too. This is actual upgrade with a lot of respect towards original designers and producers.

Still dont have a problem with it, new art all the way, dont really like to look to that outdated sprites at all, you are just a major fan of the original, that dont want that aspect of it to change, realize most people are not like you, they havent played the game yet.
This change makes it look way more modern and easy in the eyes.
And that is all I will say about the matter.
Looks better, looks, better.

More topics from this board

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

27 by feyyazu35 »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

17 by luffysenchou »»
12 hours ago

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

32 by subahokke »»
Yesterday, 9:07 PM

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

10 by okamoto4 »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.