Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2017 5:32 PM

Aug 2012
-and so the story of manoyama's booming hotel business started
-i was totally expecting ptolemaios to start shitting on manoyama but it looks like they're pretty chill with everything
-those kids look conscripted
-wait if you can see the fortunes through the cellophane that's the point of getting anything less than great luck
-uh-oh things start to be leaning south
-also chief's chupacabra acting is pretty spot on
-ah there it is
-sandal dude got some chihaya level intuition
-ririko's comedic timing is always so fuckin perfect
-that's a pretty suspicious garbage pile in the background
-oh well that explains it
-oh this is what i thought was gonna happen last episode, although the whole town hall thing ended up being pretty insignificant
-in a giant twist of events the amamiya dude wasn't the guy who greenlighted the editing

So the looming feeling of disaster from last episode actually ended up turning into something in this one, but the whole thing about the town hall meeting not feeling genuine is still not explained by the big edits the TV station made to the footage. I'm just gonna let myself believe that the resident Manoyamans knew they were on camera and tried to play it up for the viewers because that doesn't really conflict with the confirmed narrative too much.
In terms of the actual content of this episode the festival itself had pretty much no moments that too notable except for the part where the trivia session fell apart. Prior to then, there was just the anticipation that things were going to go wrong, which definitely was hinted at through the proceedings of the previous episode. Once the Founders Festival did start falling apart, though, things became more interesting because it started to fulfill the expectations I had from the beginning of this little story arc. Probably the most notable part of the episode as a whole is the little exchange between the Amamiya guy and his boss, because it implicitly showed that the entire thing was a result of executive meddling by people who weren't even present at the filming locations. I sense some sort of redemption plotline being set up since it's not the first time the guy's boss has showed up in the show. There's also some redemption to be had for the tourism bureau with the stuff Yoshino was talking about at the end of the episode. Long story short, the payoff provided by this episode was pretty ordinary, but the setup has some potential to it.
Jan 6, 2018 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
terrablu2003 said:
Apparently, the girls have not yet understood what the city really needs to be able to resume, and they do it in the worst possible way. Their was just a pity, their dreams of glory have vanished very soon, I'm sorry! The final I was curious, I hope Yoshino is more positive in dealing with the situation.

the girls had good idea, but there was the bad timing + TV producer screwed it up more even the 4eye was pissed at hes boss

ofc they did miss some stuff like housing issues & stuff what was mentioned here already, but crucial point was the video
Feb 2, 2018 12:21 PM

Nov 2011
Sugram22 said:
terrablu2003 said:
Apparently, the girls have not yet understood what the city really needs to be able to resume, and they do it in the worst possible way. Their was just a pity, their dreams of glory have vanished very soon, I'm sorry! The final I was curious, I hope Yoshino is more positive in dealing with the situation.

the girls had good idea, but there was the bad timing + TV producer screwed it up more even the 4eye was pissed at hes boss

ofc they did miss some stuff like housing issues & stuff what was mentioned here already, but crucial point was the video

I think you're right, even the video is very important in the project to revitalize the city.
Mar 24, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah, kind of what I expected :( I'm so sad and fustrated now...
They really shouldn't have trusted the TV people, especially the blonde producer or whoever. Messing up and editing the show like that should be a crime, but that's pretty much how all media is in our world. The guy who was a citizen of Manoyama was trying to be nicer though, but he still didn't help all that much :/
People came here, but not many of them are going to remember Manoyama for what it is, only just a location for that stupid concert...
I hope Yoshino will brighten up and come back soon :')
May 15, 2019 10:41 PM

Jan 2011
A more subdued failure than I was expecting.
Nov 27, 2020 1:10 AM

Aug 2018
Oh well that didnt end up good
Poor Yoshino its been awhile since i see her this so sad : (
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 16, 2020 2:07 PM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Shitty producer, talk about how to ruin source material.

Although the festival was basically a succes it didn't change anything afterwards.

To make matters worse it seems like Yoshino is giving herself the fault and now she wants to leave Manoyama :/
People like that have to rot in a corner.
Dec 16, 2020 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
FMmatron said:
Shitty producer, talk about how to ruin source material.

Although the festival was basically a succes it didn't change anything afterwards.

To make matters worse it seems like Yoshino is giving herself the fault and now she wants to leave Manoyama :/
People like that have to rot in a corner.

Oh boy, finally xD Enjoy this treat

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Feb 2020
Damn that lousy producer.

The ending was so sad. Poor Yoshino. Don't give up, girl!

SerafosMar 2, 6:36 AM
May 16, 2022 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
This is the first episode of the show where I can say that they actually did what I've wanted them to do from the start by actually following through with the after-effects of one of their schemes to save the town. It's no real surprise it didn't work, as they were basically latching onto the band knowing that was the only way they could be sure of people coming. And obviously they're disappointed with that reality and the fact that the TV show was edited accordingly (nice to see that the producer was also pissed about that), and I'm so glad the show actually showed us all of that in the aftermath rather than jumping straight into another scheme. And of course it hurts Yoshino most of all as she pushed quite strongly for a lot of these ideas and obviously feels guilty that it ultimately changed nothing.

More episodes like this please, Sakura Quest.
Aug 5, 2022 1:22 PM

Dec 2018
documentary making 101
sad truth
Nov 19, 2023 8:41 PM

Oct 2022
That was quite a leap in the end there... From "is this what we really wanted" to just suddenly jumping on the bus to the station.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.