Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2018 7:57 AM

Dec 2017
Fappa said:

The fact that you didn't pick up on any of the developments that imply various conflicts in the future and the overall sketchiness of this entire trip leaves me baffled to be honest ( Is this what they call speedwatching? Hm ). This Episode pretty much did the most prep work and set up out of all of them so far and gives us an idea on what character will face what problem and who will clash with whom in the future.

the only thing that threw me off course was the location, but now i realize it's just a temporary relaxation before a major drop, even the title implies to that (i guess, that's a part of speedwatching? eh), but

ep 5 had and still has the most character build-up, this one attempted to do the same with all the undertone that people find, all the death flags, them trying to understand the concept of love and feelings, the adulthood, the whatever the fuck APE is planning to do with them (if it wasn't obvious from the beginning that they're just objects of action to them), the 002 conflict

damn, pretty much all of these points are clear from the start, it's just a matter of how they display them
Feb 25, 2018 8:39 AM

Oct 2014
Zikander said:
Revvie-chan said:

Yeah yeah yeah I get it.
She hasn't win me, though.
she'll cry u know... How cruel of u.. Protect this smile please....

Give it up, dude.
I take pride in being a veteran when it comes to this "moe" and fictional character idolizing business.
You can't buy me with something as cheap as that.

If she's going to win me, she's going to win it by herself.
Feb 25, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
@Fappa So for this next arc are we going to be expecting the anime super robot version of "The Talk" parents give to their children?
Feb 25, 2018 9:33 AM
Jan 2018
I report a particular comment on reddit that intrigued me: "In this episode she briefly licks her own skin to get a taste of the salty water. She could just have let some water pass between her lips, to be able to say the same thing. This shows us that liking herself more or less regularely is atleast habitual, and possibly instinctual. She licks herself whether she expect to like it or not. She licks Hiro, mainly because she likes him, which may also be instinctual."
Feb 25, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
That.. was interesting. I'm not sure I've ever seen "the beach episode" used mainly as the vehicle to expand on world building and relationship dynamics, along with a bit of character growth before. Rather impressed that the T&A was just a bait-and-switch to get the cast to experience and think about new things.

It is quite possible that all of the "adults" like Papa only have holographic bodies and are the digitized/mechanized consciousnesses of the original survivors of the previous end of the world, (or never-human variants on artificial intelligence,) while the only physical/biological "humans" left are the personnel that are combat related. This would actually explain a lot in this show so far. Like why we've never seen a single living soul in the city, why that other team didn't have the heart to break it to Zorome that it's impossible for a being like him to become an "adult", and even why the pilots risking life, limb, and sanity to protect the human race are called something like "parasites" instead of "heroes".

If this was true, then it would take an astronomical amount of time, effort and resources to provide healthy living conditions for only a small handful of individuals, while the vast majority would only need energy to keep their machines running. It would make sense to call the pilots "parasites" if they are responsible for consuming the majority of resources available.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ballroomdancer said:
So who's the best girl now, huh ?!

No change (shamelessly stolen from earlier in this thread):

Gained ponytail points in fact, so even further ahead of the competition.
Feb 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
Zikander said:
Arcaedes said:

Something like this ok? Haven't got a lot of free time today so the render edges are untidy at full wallpaper size. I might clean it up some other time

https://i.imgur.com/EljAILV.png

that's great!!! But why are Megumin there's too??

Megumin and Emilia are in my forum sig - on one side and Zero Two & Ichigo on the other side. They're not related to this post or topic though, just my signature banner

Also noticed I called Kokoro Kuroko in my original post. Must have pervy teleporters on the mind
Feb 25, 2018 10:19 AM

Mar 2010
Angel942 said:
I report a particular comment on reddit that intrigued me: "In this episode she briefly licks her own skin to get a taste of the salty water. She could just have let some water pass between her lips, to be able to say the same thing. This shows us that liking herself more or less regularely is atleast habitual, and possibly instinctual. She licks herself whether she expect to like it or not. She licks Hiro, mainly because she likes him, which may also be instinctual."

We've known about this behavior since 96sec into the series itself. ^^;; It's not exactly a shocking analysis. She also says she hates her own taste. Towards the end of her first encounter with Hiro, she licks him and says she likes his taste.
Feb 25, 2018 11:12 AM
Dec 2017
Finally some progress with Ichigo. She is the best.

Anyway, i have hope for her wining Hiro's heart, at least I'd like to think so.

The start shooting scene and the talk between them was great.

I don't think that zero two loves or will love Hiro really until it's too late. I think she is hiding something big, especially when the dr. said don't let her consume your emotions. I think maybe her powers comes from the drivers emotions, and for some reasons only Hiro was able to pass the entry test 3 drives.

I also think that Hiro didn't respond to zero two that he will stay with her forever because he is confused, and as for Ichigo, he may have heard her confession but didn't respond, probably for one of three reasons,

The first: he doesn't know how to respond.
The second: maybe he doesn't want to take anything from her, because he took her first kiss.
Third: Maybe it;s because of Ichigo's partner i am not sure what was his name maybe Kogoro.
Feb 25, 2018 11:25 AM

Dec 2017
deadman80 said:

Fappa said:

The fact that you didn't pick up on any of the developments that imply various conflicts in the future and the overall sketchiness of this entire trip leaves me baffled to be honest ( Is this what they call speedwatching? Hm ). This Episode pretty much did the most prep work and set up out of all of them so far and gives us an idea on what character will face what problem and who will clash with whom in the future.

I've been seeing this a lot recently, with several shows this season alone, where the common thread is "viewer is expected to NOT turn off brain while watching" (and usually sci-fi.) If developments in each episode do not precisely follow some viewers' desires of what should happen next, then the show is shit and nothing happened. Doesn't matter that the 23min episode had a good 15min of foreshadowing, previous plot points were expanded/addressed, or Papa-tachi admitted to actually enjoying the taste of Soylent Green, if that wasn't what the viewer wanted or expected to see. ._.;; But the general consensus is that boobies are always nice.

when you get slapped in the face, you expect some kind of explanation, don't you? instead of this you get fed about how the world works, how the stars are created and the relation of moon to Earth - that is your point over here. when i see hiro suffering from a disease that almost fucking killed him, i actually expect to see some answers, maybe even a small hint about what the fuck happened, but i get the whole other side of the story

it was building for 2 episodes with a potential tragic twist and it's just.. gone.. see ya later! i don't think the show is shit, it has potential, and this episode wasn't that bad, comparing to the previous one, and of course all these '15min of foreshadowing, previous plot points were expanded/addressed, or Papa-tachi admitted to actually enjoying the taste of Soylent Green' were important to the story-line, but c'mon, don't just ignore the fact that dude almost died and nobody gives a shit like how he cured, goro didn't even question it, although he was so worried about him dying before. it seems that higher-ups know what happened to hiro, but at least show something to the audience, 'cause it's confusing

just saying this beforehand that i might be completely wrong now and the real reason will be show in the future, as the dialogue between elite (9'α , i think that's his name) and hiro and the whole 9 iota thing shows that

'But the general consensus is that boobies are always nice.' - nah, mate, if i positioned myself as only to see this show as a fanservice material (and manga has even more of it), then it would be shit, but i'm not. in fact, it's only distracting from enjoying the show, but of course it's only there to expand the audience and catch new viewers
Feb 25, 2018 11:48 AM
Mar 2016
OOOOOH a swimsuit fanservice.

My ratings for the best beach bods and suit:

Miku and Kokoro very good 8.

Ichigo good 7.

Ikuno mediocre 6.

And 002, man she should have been in a red bikini so fair 5.

Ya know I wonder if the true bad guys were them plantation people and not them Kalaxsosuars.
Feb 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
Ichigo is best girl that's why she won't win.

Feb 25, 2018 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:

when you get slapped in the face, you expect some kind of explanation, don't you? I actually expect to see some answers, maybe even a small hint about what the fuck happened, but i get the whole other side of the story

it was building for 2 episodes with a potential tragic twist and it's just.. gone.. see ya later!

D-Did you really no get it even before this episode? They not outright told us what was up with him up to Episode 6 and what is up with him now aside from the huge scar that is symbolized as a thorn and a badge, but they sure as hell lead up to it and explained it in a roundabout way that requires you the viewer to put together the puzzle pieces. I mean hell the outcome of his "illness" was already announced in Episode 1.
FappaFeb 25, 2018 1:29 PM
Feb 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Sep 2017
Fappa said:
uninstallthegame said:

when you get slapped in the face, you expect some kind of explanation, don't you? I actually expect to see some answers, maybe even a small hint about what the fuck happened, but i get the whole other side of the story

it was building for 2 episodes with a potential tragic twist and it's just.. gone.. see ya later!

D-Did you really no get it even before this episode? They not outright told us what was up with him up to Episode 6 and what is up with him now aside from the huge scar that is symbolized as a thorn and a badge, but they sure as hell lead up to it and explained it in a roundabout way that requires you the viewer to put together the puzzle pieces. I mean hell the outcome of his "illness" was already announced in Episode 1.

Yeppers, they're all called Parasites and the connection they make is initially a neurological and emotional one that triggers a biological connection. I'll copy paste some notes on types of symbiosis here

"Symbiosis: Mutualism, Commensalism And Parasitism
The species in an ecosystem will interact in different ways. These interactions may have positive, neutral or negative impacts on the species involved.

The term symbiosis can be used to broadly refer to these types of relationships as it directly translates to mean living together (sym: with; bio: life).

Symbiosis is the ecological relationship between two or more organisms living closely together with some form of feeding relationship involved. The three main symbiotic relationships are:

- Mutualism, where both organisms benefit.

- Commensalism, where one organism benefits while the other organism is not harmed.

- Parasitism, where one organism benefits and causes harm to the other organism."

So the relationship changed from one sided Parasitism to Mutualism, and since the trigger for the whole relationship is a neurological connection via technology, mind over matter makes sense.

Or to put it in different words. All parasites can only exist in symbiotic relationships by feeding from a host. Consuming was mentioned a number of times in previous episodes, and Zero Two consumed her previous partners (and almost consumed Mitsuru). Compatible partners have a relationship based on Mutualism where they feed off each other. Hiro was always capable of that with her, but that capability was dormant and not awakened until that moment (Hiro's dormant ability and awakening it was also mentioned by Zero Two in episode 1)
ArcaedesFeb 25, 2018 1:56 PM
Feb 25, 2018 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, episode 7: the beach episode. All jokes aside, this was a very pleasant change of pace and tone for the series that I feel really worked well into further developing the plot and the characters. Was the episode and fan service absolutely necessary? D̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y Probably not, but it never hurts to keep up with tropes.

Teasing the fact that humans abandoned the surface was great because it further shows how much Papa and the adults are keeping from the Franxx pilots.

Overall, a great episode; I don't feel like analyzing it bit-by-bit.
5/5
Feb 25, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2017
Fappa said:
uninstallthegame said:

oh, boy. i realize in what a funny spot i am right now. i don't wanna argue with you, mate, 'cuz i agree with you. but it's put such vague way of 'he's special and one-winged' and after the point when he cured, i had a cognitive dissonance

'It is said that in Episode 6, the complete opposite happened with Hiro when he piloted Strelizia with Zero Two, His Yellow Blood Cell's Increased instead of decreasing, which seems to be the first time it has happened.' - that's what hit me off track and i immediately forgot about that he's 'special', but really, don't you wanna explore it more?

but it's useless, this is an anime, picking on stuff and finding logic in that what the writer just wanted to write is not a good thing to do (even though people find philosophical, symbolic references everywhere through the show, even in the spots where there are none)

Arcaedes said:

So the relationship changed from one sided Parasitism to Mutualism, and since the trigger for the whole relationship is a neurological connection via technology, mind over matter makes sense.

you know when people find all these scientifically accurate points through the show (just like you did with the biology/neurology) just to prove it with facts and now you're telling that the sheer willpower fixed the mutation in his body, i find it amusing, but again, finding logic behind fiction, even if it's science-fiction, is probably foolish, so letting the 'my mind cured the disease' slide is the right thing

uninstallthegameFeb 25, 2018 2:46 PM
Feb 25, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2017
uninstallthegame said:
Fappa said:

oh, boy. i realize in what a funny spot i am right now. i don't wanna argue with you, mate, 'cuz i agree with you. but it's put such vague way of 'he's special and one-winged' and after the point when he cured, i had a cognitive dissonance

'It is said that in Episode 6, the complete opposite happened with Hiro when he piloted Strelizia with Zero Two, His Yellow Blood Cell's Increased instead of decreasing, which seems to be the first time it has happened.' - that's what hit me off track and i immediately forgot about that he's 'special', but really, don't you wanna explore it more?

but it's useless, this is an anime, picking on stuff and finding logic in that what the writer just wanted to write is not a good thing to do (even though people find philosophical, symbolic references everywhere through the show, even in the spots where there are none)

Arcaedes said:

you know when people find all these scientifically accurate points through the show (just like you did with the biology/neurology) just to prove it with facts and now you're telling that the sheer willpower fixed the mutation in his body, i find it amusing, but again, finding logic behind fiction, even if it's science-fiction, is probably foolish, so letting the 'my mind cured the disease' slide is the right thing

It's a two sided thing, they seem to be using symbiosis as a reference and basis for the pistil/stamen relationship - hence calling them parasites, but the other half of it - dormant abilities and being special etc is the typical anime/fantasy stuff. Protag gets into a bad situation, pushed to the point where he's about to kick the bucket and looks like all hope it lost and that's when their "power" awakens. It's typical shounen stuff, but rather than it being a case of he survived because he's the protagonist, its more like he's the protagonist because he survived, whatever dormant ability Zero Two was referring to is prevalent in him, and that's why the story is about him and his group

I get the feeling the story will explore it more, just not all at once. They mentioned special specimen before and more recently "failed special specimen" so it seems the backstory behind this group with their unique Franxx designs and in particular 015, 016 and 02 is the long term arc.

For now I'm happy to go with his "dormant ability" and acceptance of Zero Two for who she is being able to change parasitic symbiosis with her to mutualism. The yellow blood cell thing was probably a contributing factor as well, but apparently not a remedy in and of itself
Feb 25, 2018 3:03 PM

Dec 2017
Arcaedes said:

It's a two sided thing, they seem to be using symbiosis as a reference and basis for the pistil/stamen relationship - hence calling them parasites, but the other half of it - dormant abilities and being special etc is the typical anime/fantasy stuff. Protag gets into a bad situation, pushed to the point where he's about to kick the bucket and looks like all hope it lost and that's when their "power" awakens. It's typical shounen stuff, but rather than it being a case of he survived because he's the protagonist, its more like he's the protagonist because he survived, whatever dormant ability Zero Two was referring to is prevalent in him, and that's why the story is about him and his group

I get the feeling the story will explore it more, just not all at once. They mentioned special specimen before and more recently "failed special specimen" so it seems the backstory behind this group with their unique Franxx designs and in particular 015, 016 and 02 is the long term arc.

For now I'm happy to go with his "dormant ability" and acceptance of Zero Two for who she is being able to change parasitic symbiosis with her to mutualism. The yellow blood cell thing was probably a contributing factor as well, but apparently not a remedy in and of itself

'Protag gets into a bad situation, pushed to the point where he's about to kick the bucket and looks like all hope it lost and that's when their "power" awakens. It's typical shounen stuff, but rather than it being a case of he survived because he's the protagonist, its more like he's the protagonist because he survived'

lul, i know, right? i'm just stupid to bring out this point in the forum, cuz tbh i was waiting for something to pop-out, or even hiro's death (like the smallest chance there was) and they change the story-line upside down and the shit storm comes in, but nah

Feb 25, 2018 3:12 PM

Oct 2010
This episode basically confirms Ichigo for best character of the series and BY FAR. There's such an abysmal difference with the rest of the cast. I understand the case of Zero Two because her ambivalence and erratic appearance is the point but while I can find the other characters nice, mildly funny or even quite interesting at times, Ichigo is the only one I'm actually empathizing with. And quite a lot.
Feb 25, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2017
uninstallthegame said:
Arcaedes said:

'Protag gets into a bad situation, pushed to the point where he's about to kick the bucket and looks like all hope it lost and that's when their "power" awakens. It's typical shounen stuff, but rather than it being a case of he survived because he's the protagonist, its more like he's the protagonist because he survived'

lul, i know, right? i'm just stupid to bring out this point in the forum, cuz tbh i was waiting for something to pop-out, or even hiro's death (like the smallest chance there was) and they change the story-line upside down and the shit storm comes in, but nah

Yeah, it certainly would have been a big shake up if he had actually died, but I think from the groundwork they've done early on it'll end up being a character story combined with action, mecha and ecchi. So main plot about the group themselves (or some of them at least) and finding their place in the world, and the battles they have to fight and tasks they need to complete being secondary. For me all the elements have been coming together nicely so far

jal90 said:
This episode basically confirms Ichigo for best character of the series and BY FAR. There's such an abysmal difference with the rest of the cast. I understand the case of Zero Two because her ambivalence and erratic appearance is the point but while I can find the other characters nice, mildly funny or even quite interesting at times, Ichigo is the only one I'm actually empathizing with. And quite lot.

I think at this point Ichigo's had the most character development in terms of emotional and psychological stuff, and all her decisions have been her best effort to put the good of the group first.

I think we'll likely get a lot more focus on 016 and 02 in future, but I hope Ichigo doesn't fade into the background, and that she survives the story, although if handled right she could be one of those tragic characters who really gets you in the feels. Personally I hope not though
Feb 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Mar 2011
the moment they kill off Ichigo is the moment i drop this show
Feb 25, 2018 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
A half service half setup episodes.

It looks increasingly like the mechanical overlords are exploiting humanity for their own gains by keeping them confined and depriving them of knowledge. Kokoro picked up an all important book here. We'll see how that plants the seeds of curiosity and discovery for the crew. The interesting question will be why 02 has decided to obey the mechanical overlords even though she seems like she knows the full picture--though it's still possible that she wasn't told the whole truth.

Feb 25, 2018 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
They are slowly inserting elements that will lead to them questioning their way of life. I'm sure this series has a lot to offer plotwise
Feb 25, 2018 6:41 PM
Sep 2017
I think this was a pretty decent episode actually. Read the comments about character development and I fully agree on that point. Don't really like Mitsuru (its just me) but it seems he there is nothing wrong with him. And on the love triangle thingy, I think it certainly is an interesting dynamic. Obviously Hiro doesn't know that Ichigo has 'real' feelings for him but I think she is perhaps the fulcrum in the relationship. Ichigo will likely play an important role in the triangle. Like what Doctor Franxx said about Code 02. Something about not letting her "take your emotions. You are the one who will suffer later." And if I were to read more into the conversation, it seems that 02 is being used as some kinda pawn to achieve some sort of goal. Thats what I think.

Oh yeah, the book on babies with Kokoro! That will be the start of them breaking through what they have been thought. Interesting stuff! The dude in the white uniform too! Wonder what his history with Hiro is. I have a feeling that Hiro was sent to Plantation 13 from that dudes squad for whatever reason. Hiro is "special" after all.

And beach episode? To be expected I guess. Most animes (mostly slice of life ones though) have fan-service episodes at episode 7 or 8. (from what I have watched) No qualms on my side. Good stuff.
Feb 25, 2018 6:45 PM
Feb 2018
I noticed something strange in the opening of ep 7. At 2:16, you see two hands holding each other, the one of the right looks like the glove of hiro and the one of the left seems like a demon's hand. Its red, blistered, and has long nails. I think this is Zero Two's hand when she goes full demon form. What do u guys think?

Side Note
idk if this is in any other episode or its just in this single one or not.

Feb 25, 2018 6:53 PM
Sep 2017
zannett said:
A half service half setup episodes.

It looks increasingly like the mechanical overlords are exploiting humanity for their own gains by keeping them confined and depriving them of knowledge. Kokoro picked up an all important book here. We'll see how that plants the seeds of curiosity and discovery for the crew. The interesting question will be why 02 has decided to obey the mechanical overlords even though she seems like she knows the full picture--though it's still possible that she wasn't told the whole truth.

That is very true. 02 seems to know a lot more about whatever is happening. I assume she doesn't know everything though but I also assume she has a reason to obey them. On that point, I fall back to the fact that she basically needs to fight. Thats why she obeys what they ask her to do, which is to fight klaxosaurs. Maybe she has some bloodlust complex? Hahaha.

I am actually starting to wonder if the mech. overlords are actually human. And like you said, it certainly seems that they are exploiting humanity. I am probably looking into it too much but why do the mech. overlords need to cover themselves up fully? Do they perhaps have some klaxosaur blood and unique deformities like 02? If thats the case then I guess 02 has another good reason to listen to them. Haha.

Loads of undercurrents forming. Shaping up to be a good series in my books!
Feb 25, 2018 6:55 PM
Sep 2017
yungawkward said:
I noticed something strange in the opening of ep 7. At 2:16, you see two hands holding each other, the one of the right looks like the glove of hiro and the one of the left seems like a demon's hand. Its red, blistered, and has long nails. I think this is Zero Two's hand when she goes full demon form. What do u guys think?

Side Note

I think its been there for quite awhile. Hahhaha. Haven't really noticed it until you pointed it out. But yeaps, that is when she probably is in full klaxosaur (or as you referred to, "demon") form.
Feb 25, 2018 6:59 PM
Sep 2017
yungawkward said:

Side Note

If you were to look into it abit more, there is always this picture of Hiro and 02 reaching out for one another and 02 has a pretty huge silhouette that definitely does not resemble a human. Hahahha. They probably just trying to drill home the point she ain't human.

But thats quite an interesting and cool concept no? Like she ain't 'fully' human and in fact, she has got the "enemy's" blood in her but still she feels very much human-like.
Feb 25, 2018 7:25 PM

Mar 2010

Honestly, my criticism of posters is not directed directly at you alone, but you have to admit that your initial post put you into the awkward position of a "tl;dw" viewer. ^^;; My issue with that is only that I've been seeing that mentality quite a bit, mainly regarding sci-fi when anime-related, and it has gotten irritating for me. Just look at all of the "lol Hiro's a cuck" BS for this series early on here. If you actually watched the show and left your brain on for the duration, it should be pretty difficult to come to that conclusion.. (And you would know that "cuck" was the wrong term to use anyway. lol) I did find it a bit amusing that most of the contrary responses were well-written attempts to convince others with logic rather than attacking, since this is the standard pattern I've been seeing.n :3

BTW... Are you saying you don't like boobies? >:O What kind of inhuman monster are you?! /shocked Even gay men like boobies...
I was just pointing out how most of the complainers seem to still express some appreciation for the fanservice, even if their higher brain functions were in sleep mode while they were watching. Also that the majority of humans like boobies. XD
But yes, this show sucks when viewed thru a fanservice-only lens. lol
Feb 25, 2018 7:43 PM
Feb 2018
Nakiri_Joe said:
yungawkward said:

Side Note

I think its been there for quite awhile. Hahhaha. Haven't really noticed it until you pointed it out. But yeaps, that is when she probably is in full klaxosaur (or as you referred to, "demon") form.

HAhah my bad, full klaxosaur sounds way much more accurate than full demon form. Can you link the image of Zero Two with the huge shadow that u were talking about in the post below. Cheers!
Feb 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
Niyari said:
the moment they kill off Ichigo is the moment i drop this show

I don't think those who wrote the story realized 015 will become this popular in such a short time. So, if they kill her off, they will be doing quite a gamble. It may become something like a memorable moment in the anime that would push its rating higher, if done properly or destroy its image if its done halfheartedly. Maybe some sort of heroic death? Like sacrificing herself to save others, including 016? They have already established herself as someone who really cares for other and even her character description in the official website says so. Would you still drop it? What if it happens in the penultimate episode? Would you change your mind and watch it through?

I am just curious because her stocks have been rising in Japan since the hetakuso moment and even more after fans saw her tears and definitely after this episode where she was the main character of the episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2018 8:41 PM
Sep 2017
[/quote]

HAhah my bad, full klaxosaur sounds way much more accurate than full demon form. Can you link the image of Zero Two with the huge shadow that u were talking about in the post below. Cheers!

[/quote]

https://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=734&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TI6TWqzIOoz2vgSDhYU4&q=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone+wallpaper&oq=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0l2.122257.123281.0.123958.6.4.0.2.2.0.139.548.0j4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.5.435...0i67k1j0i10i67k1.0.KYXKf0jNwhM#imgrc=EtSJ1e0ujXj6VM:

Its actually one of the poster pictures of the series. I have it as my phone wallpaper! But in hindsight, it isn't as dramatic as I made it sound. Hahhahaa. My bads good sir! Cheers to you too!
Feb 25, 2018 9:32 PM

Apr 2017
I love beach episodes.
cunnysseur
Feb 25, 2018 10:03 PM

Apr 2017
I watched for the plot
Feb 25, 2018 10:11 PM
Jan 2018
Tomlora said:
OP changed a little bit.

https://i.imgur.com/jeuBjEQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/4Hx7HQ9.gifv

The diamond is now black at the end while he was white before.

Wow nice catch! I knew something seemed different in the intro. I wonder if this represents a certain important change in the story and the plot moving into the next phase.
Feb 25, 2018 10:13 PM
Jan 2018
rsc-pl said:
felipeliborio said:
Oh, come on, A1... Did you really need to sneak the ubiquitous beach episode into this anime?

Even the most cliched line of all beach episode is there.

Of course. Obligatory beach episode is obligatory. And first of all, why they shouldn't?

Reminds me of Another... should of just let that beachball go.
Feb 25, 2018 10:28 PM
Sep 2017
I don't know why, but this is one of the only episodes of this show that I like so far. And it's from a beach episode!
Feb 25, 2018 11:27 PM
Jan 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7zmqwi/i_am_hiromi_wakabayashi_a_creative_producer_of/
if you have not seen it yet, I found this interview about reddit about producers
Feb 26, 2018 12:12 AM

May 2017
told y'all Zero Two is an overhyped trash (too edgy and slutty)

Ichigo all day and before y'all call me an Ichigo fag, I'm actually an Ikuno fag

Ikuno > Ichigo > the others (generic trash)

And boi, Mitsuru is going to cuck the fatso and I support it

I'm also calling it

Zero Two dies, dumb mc will go for ichigo but she will cuck him hard for Goro
Feb 26, 2018 1:47 AM
Jun 2017
I LOVE BEACH!!! I mean nice fan based episode, seeing those girl parasites sure is great. and by the way i love how those boys ask "what is a kiss?"... hahahaha...

NOte: this time Ichigo make sure he will have a time with Hiro. That scene was beautiful. atleast she have said what he wants/ wish to be with Hiro (sadly it was interrupted by Hiro due to falling stars)...
Feb 26, 2018 3:17 AM

Sep 2013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ichigo :'(
Feb 26, 2018 4:15 AM

Dec 2016
TsundeReaper said:
told y'all Zero Two is an overhyped trash

Zero Two dies, dumb mc will go for ichigo but she will cuck him hard for Goro

if this happens this anime will be a new favorite for me XD
heh.
Feb 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Jan 2018
I feel bad for Ichigo when she tried to confess. BUT dang she's still on the race and I think she might snatch Hiro from Zero Two in the future (i am sure MC & Zero Two will have another problem as foreshadowed by Dr. FranXX).
Feb 26, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2013
I expected filler beach, but it was actually a good episode.
dc22Feb 26, 2018 5:11 AM
Feb 26, 2018 5:22 AM

Dec 2009
Meh episode, good for character development and world building but still pretty boring. At least the "beach episode" makes sense considering the themes of this show, but that doens't make it any less of an overused trope.

Feb 26, 2018 6:25 AM
Nov 2017
Actually really liked this episode. Looking forward to them seeing go further down the rabbit hole.
Feb 26, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2016
Completely unnecesary beach/fanservice episode on an A-1 Pictures show, no surprise. It does not fit its setting at all.

On the other hand, the character chemistry proved that the show would be better if it was a light hearted rom com instead of a mecha series.
Feb 26, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2007
superkart08 said:
I feel bad for Ichigo when she tried to confess.

This episode actually got a lot of bad reviews in Japan if you see 2ch and anikore because of this huge D-flag raised for their favourite girl. Japanese fans didn't like the fact how she got interrupted time and again just before she could confess her feelings. The normal indication for such stories is her confession will be her last words in the anime.

Also, Japanese fans seem to not like how 002 tries to overwhelm or intimidate 015 without any provocations like it happened throughout the anime, be it when she was licked on the cheek in their first proper greeting, constantly calling 016 as "Darling! Darling!" when she is in front of her even though she knows 015's feelings for 016, warranting a slap when all she was asked for by 015 was to look after 016, and then this kabedon that happened in this episode.

Why cannot they simply accept that that is how 002 is? Her menacing and animalistic nature is what makes her such an interesting character.

Btw, I am kind of keen to look up those staff and cast list that often get leaked in japanese boards well ahead of the episodes' airing dates if there would be any. Those are usually instant giveaways in mecha anime of which character to die next. It happened in the past but I won't reveal it even if I find them.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 26, 2018 7:17 AM
Nov 2016
My theory is that Zero Two is actually insecure. She only has the one relationship in her life and only one possible partner. So she is always marking her territory. She also got character development to do as she doesn't relate or open up to others.
Feb 26, 2018 7:39 AM

Feb 2018
Few people thinks 002 met Hiro a long time ago (on the place of the white tree).

And at this moment, Hiro gave him a name.
She may know that this person is Hiro, and she is waiting for him to remember.

Of course, she is also waiting for him to take a step (she's waiting Hiro kiss her, etc.. Fappa explained it well)
But there may also be a less obvious reason.
Feb 26, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, I was super surprised that the fanservice was as tame as it was during the beach episode. A little bit of the history of the world in this episode, I'm very intrigued to learn what exactly happened.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.