Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2017 8:37 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel like this ending is not only rushed but also just poorly done.

What the heck was Ryouta's uncle's plan?

The girl that popped up in Ryouta's and Neko's memory space is Kazumi, right? She has the same headband Ryouta bought her. I guess she wrote herself in the memory space as a loli girl with bigger breasts.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Feb 23, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2013
uhm ... what? okay then
Mar 7, 2017 3:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
allenallenallen said:

I feel like this ending is not only rushed but also just poorly done.

Good to know, stopped around 164 2 months ago wanted to wait till the scanlation is finished, guess I will drop my expectations for the ending.
Mar 21, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2012
Well happy ending i guess??? This manga was one of my favorite some time ago and i was prepared for a bad ending, but it was even worse than i expected. Funny how last couple of chapters they were so positive to save everyone and Kazumi sacrificed herself, but in the end it all came down to the first only solution ... And in the end it was chibi Kazumi, where did that even come from? Whatever, lowered to generous 7.
Mar 21, 2017 3:21 AM
Dec 2013
I hope there's some sort of sequel to this, or is it just going to be left as it is?? I've been following this manga since 2012 XD, I'm somewhat disappointed with this ending. I believe Okamato-sensei wanted to wrap it up.

Do you guys and girls remember the first chapter where Ryouta is seen murdering Neko? I was expecting that to happen, since it would come around to a full circle. Well, I definitely enjoyed Elden Lied over this, although the lore in this one had me on the edge of my seat, midway :).

That last chapter though XD.
Mar 21, 2017 3:43 AM

Nov 2013
Kiriio said:
Do you guys and girls remember the first chapter where Ryouta is seen murdering Neko? I was expecting that to happen, since it would come around to a full circle.

That did happen on the chapters when they battle Neko's older sister iirc(before Murakami pressed Neko's button). You could check it again, coz I'm not really sure lol.

Ok, back to the manga impression. Overall I'm pretty disappointed with second half of the manga. The first half was really good until around chapter 100 or so, but second half felt dragged, unfocus, no clear plots, rushed ending, etc. I'm conflicted whether to score this 7 or 8. If only 7.5 exists.
Mar 21, 2017 3:45 AM
Dec 2013
jejehartadi said:
Kiriio said:
Do you guys and girls remember the first chapter where Ryouta is seen murdering Neko? I was expecting that to happen, since it would come around to a full circle.

That did happen on the chapters when they battle Neko's older sister iirc(before Murakami pressed Neko's button). You could check it again, coz I'm not really sure lol.

Ok, back to the manga impression. Overall I'm pretty disappointed with second half of the manga. The first half was really good until around chapter 100 or so, but second half felt dragged, unfocus, no clear plots, rushed ending, etc. I'm conflicted whether to score this 7 or 8. If only 7.5 exists.

I definitely plan to read it again, because there was like a year gap, half a year gap between chapter releases that I slowly started to forget what had happened previously. It did indeed feel rushed towards the end.
Mar 21, 2017 4:18 AM

Nov 2011
They better add some sort of epilogue or something...

That was really poorly done. I mean, a happy ending (sort of) between Neko and Murakami is fine but that last panel. What the hell?
Mar 21, 2017 5:23 AM
Jun 2012
Last page from tank
Mar 21, 2017 6:01 AM
Soaring

Aug 2014
So it finally ends.

I definitely enjoyed the first 100 chapters a lot more than the second half. They brought in loads of ideas but didn't really do anything with them. Now everything just felt rushed at the end.

And what was that last panel? She wears Kazumi's headband but looks different. Okamoto is just trolling us by ending it with a cliffhanger.
Mar 21, 2017 8:52 AM
Oct 2014
if you guys remember, i think the blond at the end was the little girl that was in murakami's head a few arks back.
the girl that asked for ice cream and murakami got really surprised when he found out kazumi (and someone else) didn't see the "kid sitting next to him".
she only exists in his mind and told him why he has his memory condition, and how she was able to make him see her.
Mar 21, 2017 2:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I started reading this manga right after the first chapter was translated and really enjoyed myself up to the first 100 chapters or so. Then the quality just began to decline and Okamoto jus began to stick random shit all over the story. This so typical when manga go on for too long and miss focus.
I hope he does better with his next work.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2016
I found the last arc of Brynhildr to be of lower quality than the rest. When I first read it, I couldn't ever stop. Breezed through most of it in two days. Shortly after Ryouta's uncle and Loki became a thing, I thought it had jumped the track. Still, I was invested enough to see it end, and it finally happened after several weeks of waiting. I still really liked this manga for some reason. Pretty rushed at the end there, but I've seen worse.

I believe that the child at the end is supposed to be a young Kazumi who had uploaded herself into EDDA as a final moment and deleted everything from it apart from her and her memories. Either that, or she infused her own fantasy Kazumi x Ryouta babyspawn into it, considering that one of her running things was that she wanted to bear his child.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Mar 21, 2017 11:45 PM

Aug 2016
My best guess is that none of the people we were able to get attached to really died. Every time we think someone dies, they don't stay dead unless they don't matter to us. I guess with the exception of the witch that erased herself from everyone's memories. What was her name again?

Not sure why there was a miniature Loki coming out of who we are apparently assuming is the copy and pasted personality of Kazumi into a different body. I do feel like it's over though.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Mar 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2010
First half of this series was quite good, second half quite poor. Definitely feels like a rushed ending. Kazumi's death was the only one that made an impact i feel. Think she was the best character of the series as well. Made the second half of the series somewhat enjoyable to read.

Overall it is a bit of a mess, second half ruined the series. I'd give it a 6 or 7/ 10
Mar 22, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Well, this was an ending. It's disappointing how this series was doing great until the end of the Valkyrie arc and then it went down hell.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 22, 2017 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
alinet86 said:

Who is that stalking at the corner. Also is that really the last pages. No more???

well, that's Kotori maybe `L_`
Mar 23, 2017 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
T31 said:
I found the last arc of Brynhildr to be of lower quality than the rest. When I first read it, I couldn't ever stop. Breezed through most of it in two days. Shortly after Ryouta's uncle and Loki became a thing, I thought it had jumped the track. Still, I was invested enough to see it end, and it finally happened after several weeks of waiting. I still really liked this manga for some reason. Pretty rushed at the end there, but I've seen worse.

I believe that the child at the end is supposed to be a young Kazumi who had uploaded herself into EDDA as a final moment and deleted everything from it apart from her and her memories. Either that, or she infused her own fantasy Kazumi x Ryouta babyspawn into it, considering that one of her running things was that she wanted to bear his child.

I second this entire post and it's theory about the possible Kazu/Ryouta child thing.

This was at one point one of my favorite manga series - I'm a fan of Okamato's work, Elfen Lied is one of my favorite series. I love gory anime and manga with tragedy and apocalyptic undertones. When I first started reading this series it was 11/10, I got to the part up to where it was scanlated in two or three days.

Then things started to decline around the arc where Kana's sister came in - now to be fair, the scanlators fell behind and only updated maybe once every four months or so and I forgot what was going on every now and then, so maybe that's why.

But, this last arc (particularly the ending) just felt so rushed and like the mangaka gave up.

I personally gave it a 7/10 because even though it was lacking in the end, I did enjoy the first and middle parts of it so much. Maybe one day I'll reread it and it'll have a higher score because I'm able to process it more now that's a scanlated. But, for now, onto Parallel Paradise!
Mar 26, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
Loved the manga and the anime.

Reading the last arc with the No Time For Caution for Interstellar was one of the best decisions of my life, it got the epicness all the way to the maximum.
Mar 27, 2017 5:43 AM

Oct 2011
This is bad. Really bad.

I thought it would be end as the first page in ch 1 but... That didn't even happened... What a hell?

A great manga when it starts that became really bad in late chapters, especially this ending.
Apr 1, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2014
ok... what? I have no words, wth was up with the ending?
Apr 6, 2017 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
allenallenallen said:
What the heck was Ryouta's uncle's plan?

The girl that popped up in Ryouta's and Neko's memory space is Kazumi, right? She has the same headband Ryouta bought her. I guess she wrote herself in the memory space as a loli girl with bigger breasts.

Yea, I was super confused who the girl was, but after reading your post it makes a lot more sense. Kazumi was always really self conscious about her lack of boobs, so she decided to write herself in EDDA as having big boobs, though I don't know why she looked to small...

I personally don't think there is an excuse for a crappy ending for a manga. Sure anime may be trying to fit a certain plot into a certain number of episodes, but manga can have more chapters. Granted maybe the idea was that he couldn't add one or two more chapters since they can't make a 2 chapter volume. I think they could have really expanded upon some things at the end. Felt seriously rushed, and it feels like I was just slapped with an ending. If the manga didn't say completed I would be waiting for another chapter or some type of part 2. Oh well, a very generous 7 for this manga.
Apr 11, 2017 12:39 AM

May 2014
From 10/10 to 5/10 real quick
God this manga had so much potential but the ending's just... Rushed and poorly done

Just a few questions:
What is Kogouro's motive? Is he a villain? (Or Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention)
Why did Kikka suddenly became the "Eve?" (Maybe I just missed a few pages, but from what I read I thought they didnt explain it)
Where did the mad scientist go? (Woman with glasses who substituted Takachiho)

Man I wished Hexenjagd had a more relevant role especially in the last few chapters... Had a good read till 140+ chapters though, it's just that the ending sucked. 8/10
Apr 21, 2017 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
So it is possible I am forgetting something, or a lot of things since I have been reading this manga for so long with long breaks between reading at times. But...

Aren't the other girls still going to hatch??? don't they still need the medicine? what even happened with that? weren't they gauranteed to hatch even if they took the medicine?
Apr 25, 2017 2:38 AM
Dec 2015
What the? The ending was poorly made. Great series with a shitty ending again.
Apr 26, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
I'm quite surprised it has a good ending.

Also, it's a really rushed ending. Such a shame.
May 10, 2017 4:47 AM
Aug 2015
the last 2 chapter.. Really. BUTCHERED THE ENTIRE 179 chapters!

Dafuq is with the ending omg.. Being a fan of elfen lied this series is good till the last arc. Cmon.. the climax is pretty much evangelion all over again :/ And that stereotype ending where the main protag dies but lives in a 3D world again with his girl, not to mention being stalk by a third wheel who I actually rooted for. No wonder there is a silhouette of Kazumi behind them on the cover page.

7/10 for that boring ass ending with tons of plot hole not covered.

TiamatNM said:
So it is possible I am forgetting something, or a lot of things since I have been reading this manga for so long with long breaks between reading at times. But...

Aren't the other girls still going to hatch??? don't they still need the medicine? what even happened with that? weren't they gauranteed to hatch even if they took the medicine?

That's why it's pretty much rushed and butchered. Nothing is really resolve. Main casts are still going to die in, 2 days? 1 month? 2months? Only Hatsuna may prolong herself due to her powers. Unless the author did it on purpose and expect readers to imagine Murakami fix everything with his godly powers. Once again, not confirmed = not resolve.
asd_asdasMay 10, 2017 5:16 AM
May 30, 2017 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
7.5/10 Loved the first 100 chapters, up until Neko lost her memory.
Such a strange ending.
Jun 10, 2017 6:13 AM

Jan 2017
well, there goes my first "That's it!?" ending manga reaction. reading in one go, starting from chapter 50 to end in one day, absolutely disappointing? well not entirely but the ending really affect everything lol, thought it was meant to have a sequel. since it was already been more than a year, i'm still doubting, what do you guys think, is there a chance for a sequel with ending like that?
Jun 17, 2017 12:48 PM
Apr 2016
T31 said:

>Either that, or she infused her own fantasy Kazumi x Ryouta babyspawn into it, considering that one of her running things was that she wanted to bear his child.

That makes the most sense.
Jul 23, 2017 12:10 PM
May 2016

I just finished recently and I'm really glad you posted that picture because that was really essential for the ending.
Jul 30, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
What the fuck was that ending?

I really enjoyed the hell out of this manga at the beginning but man did it lose me was it went on.
5/10
Oct 18, 2017 11:50 AM
Oct 2017
si alguien lee el mensaje me pueden decir donde puedo ver el cap 181.5 porque ese final, los dialogo que salen y sobre todo la ultima pagina donde se ve alguien escondida en la nieve que no se sabe quien es me tiene vuelto loco por saber si continuara o no la historia
Nov 7, 2017 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
Zeldriss said:
well, there goes my first "That's it!?" ending manga reaction. reading in one go, starting from chapter 50 to end in one day, absolutely disappointing? well not entirely but the ending really affect everything lol, thought it was meant to have a sequel. since it was already been more than a year, i'm still doubting, what do you guys think, is there a chance for a sequel with ending like that?

Lucky you, i start reading this on 11 am and end on 9pm chapter 1-181 over 3600 page what do i got.
Absolutely disgusting ending with alot of rushed crap nonsensical killings, and here i was if he become a fucking god at least try to resurrect people who died.
And the fk with that ending?
There's no explanation with the Hatchling, theres explanation with the war, what the fk even happened to all 1000 kids?
I know the kid might be a hint to a good ending but the fuck?
Here's a proper ending look like
> An open ending where he revived all the crap , do something about the earth, show all characters looking up to the ocean about bla bla input fucking text roll camera
> A proper harem ending with him taking all the bitch including that child he bad with Kazami,Kuroneko(ffs sake stupid losing memories cliche),Kotori and her brother idk if she had feeling but fuck it, and the Kana(i knew she had feeling but oh god they dropped it).
Me? I prefer reading a goddamn hentai after reading chapter 100 onwards.

Thanks for wasting my time i hope that parallel paradise didn't get any rushed nonsense and shit ending.
Dec 19, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2010
That's a lot of unresolved plot points...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 28, 2017 2:41 AM
Oct 2015
marconii2002 said:
Last page from tank
There is a shadow of a girl! Bottom left!
Jan 27, 2018 7:16 AM

Aug 2014
Xaelath said:
Zeldriss said:

Lucky you, i start reading this on 11 am and end on 9pm chapter 1-181 over 3600 page what do i got.
Absolutely disgusting ending with alot of rushed crap nonsensical killings, and here i was if he become a fucking god at least try to resurrect people who died.
There's no explanation with the Hatchling, theres explanation with the war, what the fk even happened to all 1000 kids?
> An open ending where he revived all the crap , do something about the earth, show all characters looking up to the ocean about bla bla input fucking text roll camera
> A proper harem ending with him taking all the bitch including that child he bad with Kazami,Kuroneko(ffs sake stupid losing memories cliche),Kotori and her brother idk if she had feeling but fuck it, and the Kana(i knew she had feeling but oh god they dropped it).

Thanks for wasting my time i hope that parallel paradise didn't get any rushed nonsense and shit ending.

can you sum up the story to me and what happened to all the characters from chapter 115 till the end?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 27, 2018 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Xaelath said:

can you sum up the story to me and what happened to all the characters from chapter 115 till the end?

My memory may not be exactly correct but
Be wary this is a full spoiler.

Kuroha dies, and revived again uh how many times is that? Well she basically didn't do much nothing theres alot of useless nonsensical filler in her story after 115

Kazumi is dead, sacrificed herself to help MC in the ending that's pretty much it.

Kana will regain her power again, she will met her mother i think? Or was it her sister? I think it was her sister but killed by MC brother which own godlike power. See for yourself it's just nothing but a bloody murderfest.

Wakabayashi met another asspull generic stereotypes male, so basically she turn her head from the MC. She supposed to turn into monster yeah I'll say it there's a limit time till all of this Esperanza shit turn into living mud. She turned into one get killed by MC brother which father is the one who makes this human like hybrid alien ass. So MC father basically another crazy bastard that never got mentioned till the very late if the story.
There's nothing about the mother though, it's just left unexplained, not sure what happened about MC acquaintance professor i forgot his name lol.

So last one is the MC, MC later got kidnapped to the facility which his father own to create a perfect like being . To create one you need a valkryie which is Kuroha or the other Valkryie which i also forgot her name but that doesn't really matter he dies later either way and the other being was MC himself or his brother, the brother got killed but I forgot who killed him.
So bla bla the Valkryie i mentioned absorbed by the perfect being facility got destroyed world almost destroyed? Idk it wasn't explained Kuroha died killed and then revived again fight the thing but failed MC sacrificed himself , Kazumi helped to overwrite something and dies using the super mode.
So MC turns into somekind of God but not visible on human eyes.
As you can see on image that i think was Kazumi and MAC child, uh yeah Kuroha also wandering to find MC she met him first but stopped by the brat.

The end.

Basically alot of plot hole left.
- So how they supposed to survive without being turned into monster
- The abducted children, what happens exactly.
- What happen to character above? No happy ending?
- What happen to the world

It's was frustrating to read it and disappointing because the mystery was unresolved and it was quite good early but felt like a shit after middle half.
I have to force myself to make a review because i wasted whole day reading it but slapped with shit in the face.

It's not even worth mentioning what happened after the great Kuroha fight.
Overall enjoyment was like 7-8 then drop to 2-3.
Jan 27, 2018 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
@Mezo-RPWPA
Also for the image it could help you overcome the stupid ending abit.
Kazumi somehow there i saw her shadow on the left , not sure who's behind the rock/hill whatever, and Kazami x Ryouta baby spawn.
Lol fk you Kuroha, dumb bitch.
Jan 27, 2018 8:55 AM

Aug 2014

Xaelath said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Kuroha dies, and revived again uh how many times is that? Well she basically didn't do much nothing theres alot of useless nonsensical filler in her story after 115

Kazumi is dead, sacrificed herself to help MC in the ending that's pretty much it.

Kana will regain her power again, she will met her mother i think? Or was it her sister? I think it was her sister but killed by MC brother which own godlike power. See for yourself it's just nothing but a bloody murderfest.

Wakabayashi met another asspull generic stereotypes male, so basically she turn her head from the MC. She supposed to turn into monster yeah I'll say it there's a limit time till all of this Esperanza shit turn into living mud. She turned into one get killed by MC brother which father is the one who makes this human like hybrid alien ass. So MC father basically another crazy bastard that never got mentioned till the very late if the story.
There's nothing about the mother though, it's just left unexplained, not sure what happened about MC acquaintance professor i forgot his name lol.

So last one is the MC, MC later got kidnapped to the facility which his father own to create a perfect like being . To create one you need a valkryie which is Kuroha or the other Valkryie which i also forgot her name but that doesn't really matter he dies later either way and the other being was MC himself or his brother, the brother got killed but I forgot who killed him.
So bla bla the Valkryie i mentioned absorbed by the perfect being facility got destroyed world almost destroyed? Idk it wasn't explained Kuroha died killed and then revived again fight the thing but failed MC sacrificed himself , Kazumi helped to overwrite something and dies using the super mode.
As you can see on image that i think was Kazumi and MAC child, uh yeah Kuroha also wandering to find MC she met him first but stopped by the brat.

The end.

It's was frustrating to read it and disappointing because the mystery was unresolved and it was quite good early but felt like a shit after middle half.
I have to force myself to make a review because i wasted whole day reading it but slapped with shit in the face.

thanks, I actually read it in during time after I asked :D
yeah the ending was meh and the stereotype guy kinda pissed me off because he pretty much forced his way in, also even at the end hatsuna hinted that she still loves murakami but also likes the other guy??
it was random as fuck so i would say that the manga probably got cancelled, i would give it a 6 tbh it was a nice read at the start though the ending was meh.

Thanks for the help again.

Jan 27, 2018 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Xaelath said:

The end.

yeah the ending was meh and the stereotype guy kinda pissed me off because he pretty much forced his way in, also even at the end hatsuna hinted that she still loves murakami but also likes the other guy??
it was random as fuck so i would say that the manga probably got cancelled, i would give it a 6 tbh it was a nice read at the start though the ending was meh.

Weird how can it get cancelled in the middle of nowhere.
Let's say 115, then suddenly abit of calm before storm but author still insist to put the stereotype guy? It was still fine then the rush start on 3/4 of the story, i guess yeah it was rushed very very rushed and planned.
There's too much asspulling the story doesn't connect dots and i stop bothering reading some text on some chapter.

No problems,
Also do yourself a favour try to not read the author current Manga.
It was promising but yeah, again it's whole another mindfuck Manga which might offend you.
It's called Parallel paradise,(i know most of author works already adapted so far but i doubt this one would), made a thread about it quite a sometimes ago you can go ahead read it if you are thinking to read it as a warning before reading it.
Jan 27, 2018 9:22 AM

Aug 2014

Xaelath said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Weird how can it get cancelled in the middle of nowhere.
Let's say 115, then suddenly abit of calm before storm but author still insist to put the stereotype guy? It was still fine then the rush start on 3/4 of the story, i guess yeah it was rushed very very rushed and planned.
There's too much asspulling the story doesn't connect dots and i stop bothering reading some text on some chapter.

No problems,
Also do yourself a favour try to not read the author current Manga.
It was promising but yeah, again it's whole another mindfuck Manga which might offend you.
It's called Parallel paradise,(i know most of author works already adapted so far but i doubt this one would), made a thread about it quite a sometimes ago you can go ahead read it if you are thinking to read it as a warning before reading it.

yeah i didn't like the character he probably wanted to make a 1to1 guy to girl ending that's why that new character appeared in some random chapter, the romance was bad as well.
i just read a comment about that new manga on kiissanime :D i don't think i would read it at least not anytime soon

Mar 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Jul 2011

Can someone translate it? I can't even find the last page online, thanks!

Otherwise I think on the left behind the rock this is Afro, I mean Nanami

And we don't know what happen to Eve (I forgot her name)
YsekaiMar 3, 2018 3:11 PM
Mar 13, 2018 10:42 AM
Jun 2017
I definitely enjoyed this manga from the start till the end but there was some plot holes that need to be filled
overall : 8/10
Mar 13, 2018 1:26 PM
Mar 2018
I would like to think that the one in the back is Kana's sister or Mako, Kuro's sister.
Apr 28, 2018 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
Finally read it again and finished after 3 years of last read. (Because of slow scanlation and last year on college)
But this is all I would see? This is fucking rushed and made the whole thing useless with this shitty ending.
I should never read it again, but I guess it's still fine for the sake of finishing it. I just hope Okamoto do a proper ending very soon.

But this got major plot holes like everybody said, like where the fuck was that first scene (stabbed Neko) on the first chapter? Did the mangaka forgot it?
Would the witches ever hatch, is there survivors (witches) on "Institute V" (and on other headquarters), did they got rescued and returned home?
Was that really "God" (Ryouta) being immortal (because of "EDDA") and forms new Adam and Eve thing, but why he was disintegrated?
Or just actually "New World" on some kind of Alien hard drive (EDDA's source). Or maybe a parallel world.
What the fuck happened to Kikka? Did she survived or Okkamoto forgot about her or I'm missing something?

marconii2002 said:
Last page from tank

Lol, Nanami was there and she didn't really deleted her memory on Murakami's brain but moved directly to EDDA. (direct access)
Is that Kazumi's silhouette? She decided to be melted because she knows Murakami would sacrifice himself otherwise so she uploaded herself ahead?
That little girl appeared to stop Ryouta and Kuroneko was Kazumi's (and Ryouta's?) child right? Since she's begging for that the whole time.
And why Kuroneko got inside EDDA? Did she woke up another power like Kazumi's abilities or what?

Well never mind, I will just forget about all of this after a month. (I'm that quick to forget. I just wish something won't trigger it so that I won't remember.)
May 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Jun 2014
This is the ending as I understand it: (Thanks for uploading the final page of the entire series, I can't believe it was left out of the upload I viewed! Roughly translated the text is just the Ryouta mocking Kazumi because her chest size is the same as when she was little. Imo that is the ideal feel good joke to go out on so I'm happy with that.)
1) Kotori is there because the things Loki eats get absorbed into EDDA and she was eaten after the memory purge.
2) It doesn't explain why Kazumi is there or why she is little but my best guess would be that when she had access to Loki's memories she uploaded herself. She probably knew that not destroying his memories entirely meant there was a chance Ryouta could still end up merging with them or at the very least thought it was better than dying. As for why she is little my best guess would be that she only had a limited amount of time to upload herself to EDDA as she was melting so she sent the important stuff.
3) The shadow in the bottom left is hopefully Nanami because if Ryouta's brain is EDDA and it contained a planet full of aliens the idea that it could run out of space is bullshit and she never should have needed to delete herself in the first place. Also Ryouta promised he would never forget her which is probably why she is just a shadow but as Kazumi pointed out in her cyberfight earlier deleted data is easy to recover if you don't write over it, so hope for her being restored more fully exists.
Sep 9, 2018 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
Wolfiesmal said:
This is the ending as I understand it: (Thanks for uploading the final page of the entire series, I can't believe it was left out of the upload I viewed! Roughly translated the text is just the Ryouta mocking Kazumi because her chest size is the same as when she was little. Imo that is the ideal feel good joke to go out on so I'm happy with that.)
1) Kotori is there because the things Loki eats get absorbed into EDDA and she was eaten after the memory purge.
2) It doesn't explain why Kazumi is there or why she is little but my best guess would be that when she had access to Loki's memories she uploaded herself. She probably knew that not destroying his memories entirely meant there was a chance Ryouta could still end up merging with them or at the very least thought it was better than dying. As for why she is little my best guess would be that she only had a limited amount of time to upload herself to EDDA as she was melting so she sent the important stuff.
3) The shadow in the bottom left is hopefully Nanami because if Ryouta's brain is EDDA and it contained a planet full of aliens the idea that it could run out of space is bullshit and she never should have needed to delete herself in the first place. Also Ryouta promised he would never forget her which is probably why she is just a shadow but as Kazumi pointed out in her cyberfight earlier deleted data is easy to recover if you don't write over it, so hope for her being restored more fully exists.

Okay, that explains a lot actually, thank you!
It is good to go out on a fun inside joke, makes the whole rushed ending thing feel a little better for sure.

So by that logic, wouldn't Ryouta's dad also be somewhere in the EDDA? (and perhaps even that rando scientist that got eaten). That...would actually interests me more than the whole open-ended harem we got.
Sep 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
Here are a couple unanswered questions that I thought up as a fan of this series. Thought it’d be interesting to post, in case anyone was as curious as I am.
-Why did Kuroneku, after using her powers, keep her memories this time?
-What ever happened to the Doctor/Uncle’s plan, was the murder really just to figure out the name of the headquarters? That didn’t have much of an impact in the end, if so.
-It seems that the uncle’s possession of the embryo keeps getting forgotten by Ryouta and everyone else… He literally still has it; did everyone forget about that again…?
-Why did they never even attempt to stop or reverse the hatching process like they did with reverse engineering the medicine? That would be the next logical step, but for some reason this was never even suggested.
- What did they do about the hatching process? Did anyone ever figure out why they hatch or what stimulates the hatching (aside from mentioning it was from stress, anxiety, or excitement, they never touched on it ever again)?
-There was also mention that hatching was not random near the final chapters. Why was this left open ended...?
-They also mentioned that creating High level (S or AAA) Rank witches was not random, why did they not elaborate further on this concept?
-What happened to Ryouta mom’s? How did she react to the news that her husband is a radical alien enthusiast or that her other son was alive?
-Why did Ryouta’s dad die out of nowhere? Did he seriously not plan out how to avoid Loki in the end… I refuse to believe his plan was that convoluted and roundabout.
-What gave Makina powers stronger than the witches, and why didn’t Ryouta get them?
There are a lot more unanswered questions, but my biggest one is this:
-What was the state of the world after Loki’s rampage? How could Okamoto not clarify such an important aspect. The world feels pretty barren at the end imo. But, considering that even Ryouta’s uncle survived, perhaps some other people nearby did as well. At least, that’s what I’m left to assume.

Also, this manga was split into two parts so evidently that it was like I was reading two different manga after the battle with Mako. It feels like Okamoto was running out of ideas at that point, and was set on continuing the whole time-sensitive pressure setting, but didn't think how the hatching process would work yet either. The story was so un-grounded at that point that it just got too ridiculous and convoluted, way too fast, and I lost interest a couple times because of it.
A low 8/10 for me. Although, I'm only giving it such a high score because I personally enjoyed and connected with the story. 6.5/10, if I'm being a bit more objective. Still a lot of enjoyment to be had here, regardless of the rushed ending
Sep 24, 2018 1:40 AM
Sep 2009
As others said, the stories after Valkerie when the story went into harem mode and the girls wanted to make happy memories were "bleah". So, when the story started going again into redonculous mode, I was quite relieved. The series is best, or at least stands out, when it goes so overdrive with the dark that something that seems insipid or clicheic turns into a twist or straight-faced humor.

And did you notice that the first chapter of Elfen Lied mentions a Murakami wbo died? :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

18 by greed2 »»
Jan 22, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 166 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2016

26 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 13, 2023 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 154 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 22, 2015

20 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 127 Discussion

eeveelugia - Dec 18, 2014

35 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 97 Discussion

Danpmss - May 11, 2014

12 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.