Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Darling in the FranXX' Announces Additional Cast Members

New
Dec 25, 2017 6:28 AM

Nov 2007

The official website for the upcoming Darling in the FranXX TV anime has announced additional cast members. A new preview has also revealed. The anime will broadcast on Tuesdays at 11:30 p.m. via Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, BS11, followed by ABS Asahi Housou, MeTV, Hiroshima Home TV, BSS Tamakage Housou, BBC Biwako Housou starting January 13, 2018. A special show will be broadcast one week prior to explain the anime.

Cast
Nana: Marina Inoue (the Shingeki no Kyojin series)
Hachi: Katsuyuki Konishi (Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100 Nin no Ouji-sama: Short Stories)
Dr. FranXX: Kenyuu Horiuchi (Joker Game)

The first episode will be pre-screened during the event held on January 5 to 12, 2018. The main cast members will only be appeared on the final day the 12th for a talk show.

PV 2

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanDec 1, 2019 9:07 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2017
G. O. A. T

All that goes to Trigger LORE Tier quality..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 25, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Yep, gotta admit that the action scenes will be something to look forward to at least based on what little was shown in the PV even if the story doesnt really deliver at the end.

I like the overall "clean" style of it.

Dec 25, 2017 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Sugoi sugoi, this is hype.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 25, 2017 7:17 AM
Jan 2016
The mechas' faces still bothering me a tiny bit. It looked too cute. I am sure I will get used to it, but it's still weird. And was that CGI turrets?

EasyGo-er said:
Yep, gotta admit that the action scenes will be something to look forward to at least based on what little was shown in the PV even if the story doesnt really deliver at the end.

The animation was definitely the highlight, but the cinematography was not as good. Too many close-up shots.
Dec 25, 2017 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
This looks much better and yeah, seems like the action will be full on overload. Even if the content isn't that well delivered I think this will be entertaining honestly.

Also that OST sounds so good~~~
Dec 25, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2016
This will probably be the second most well animated thing of the year behind Violet Evergarden. I was going to talk about P.A Works' film, but we're talking about the series. Still I think that film will be a masterpiece guarded by P.A Works.
Dec 25, 2017 7:54 AM

Oct 2014
A Imaishi (sorry if I butcher his name) Mecha is always something to look forward to.
Plus a pretty good OST as well!

It kinda sucks that Funi is licensing it though.
Dec 25, 2017 7:55 AM

Oct 2014
ronie91 said:
This will probably be the second most well animated thing of the year behind Violet Evergarden. I was going to talk about P.A Works' film, but we're talking about the series. Still I think that film will be a masterpiece guarded by P.A Works.

And don't forget Masaki Yuasa's Devilman, that show looks pretty dam good to
Dec 25, 2017 8:09 AM
Jul 2016
ronie91 said:

And don't forget Masaki Yuasa's Devilman, that show looks pretty dam good to

Really, I had forgotten. Hmm! I think I'll wait to decide which is the second most well animated lol is very disputed.
Dec 25, 2017 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
For something that originally made for spring season, this is fairly well made.Bravo!

Nishigori's aesthetic choice is really my liking, combined with Tanaka's godly design. The teamwork is strong too, the best photography works A1 have as far as I remember. The coloring and compositing makes Khara's CG more polished than their previous work.

The designs surprise me, it never crossed my mind that the humanoid mecha / female tauburn can transform too!

As for the animation, it will be a relay of freelancers efforts as this project pushed forward into winter. But its not necessarily bad news, I heard "whispers" that some good cuts are going to own plus the gainax(ttgl)-trigger-iM@S connection will be the main attraction to lure young talents.

Kinda hope Shikama and (Hironori) Tanaka to show up since I can't help but remember their animation when I see the female tauburn lol.
Dec 25, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah this has some serious potential so i hope it doesnt drop the ball, a 2 cour mecha series original wish 2d mechs in a post apocalypse setting sounds like my jam. The premise reminds me alot of fafner with the whole last bastion of humanity sending out kids to fight these unbeatable threats just to sustain human existence.

The atmosphere looks incredible in that pv too.
JizzyHitlerDec 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 25, 2017 4:19 PM

Sep 2017
i love trigger, anything they make is good to me.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 25, 2017 4:44 PM
Feb 2014
Looks amazing! Did anyone notice the spelling mistake at 0:27 mark? It says DARING in the Franxx, haha. Also, almost thought it wasn't an anime after all since it said "A Film By" at the beginning :X
Dec 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
These trailers look so good. I really hope this show doesn't end up a massive failure.
Dec 25, 2017 6:25 PM
Jul 2016
This series had a lot of production time. In particular, the studio Trigger will have a much larger participation in the production, because it is the studio that has more full-time animators who belong to the studio. Even so the director is an old friend of Gainax, which means he knows as many good animators as possible. It will be for me the second best animated production of the year. Only an idiot would think otherwise.
Dec 25, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2009
the action scenes is screaming animated or story boarded by Imaishi, definitely a must watch for me
Dec 28, 2017 11:55 PM
Sep 2017
Hana and hachi are kamina and yoko from gurren lagann
And hana ever met dr franxx in rwby as emerald and yang's father
Jan 5, 2018 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
ED by XX:me (キス・ミー) [Zero Two (CV: Haruka Tomatsu), Ichigo (CV: Kana Ichinose), Miku (CV: Nanami Yamashita), Kokoro (CV: Saori Hayami), Ikuno (CV: Shizuka Ishigami)]
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/949203821737242624

There will be total of 6 songs:
"Torikago (トリカゴ)"
"Manatsu no Setsuna (真夏のセツナ)"
"Beautiful World"

"Hitori (ひとり)"
"Escape"

There will be 2 volumes of ED CDs released on March 28 (3 songs) and June 27 (3 songs) with solo vers.
http://darli-fra.jp/music/?p=ed
tsubasaloverMay 6, 2018 9:00 PM
Mar 24, 2018 4:28 AM

Nov 2007
AnimeJapan stage: http://moca-news.net/article/20180324/2018032420000a_/01/

More topics from this board

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

5 by luffysenchou »»
2 hours ago

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Oct 16

11 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

8 by Haneken2086 »»
3 hours ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

1 by Memore »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.