Forum Settings
Forums

Seiyuu Unit Earth Star Dream Enters Hiatus

New
Dec 15, 2017 6:02 AM

Nov 2007

The official website for the seiyuu unit Earth Star Dream has announced that the unit will cease activity and enter an indefinite hiatus after the concert held on December 29, which was originally a graduation concert for the two members Arisa Aihara and Maria Tanijiri.

It was announced that Aihara and Tanijiri will leave the unit on Thursday so that they can "progress on the new road." The rest of the members, Kanon Takao, Hikaru Koide, and Eri Sogabe, will continue with their solo activities as seiyuu and talents. It was also announced this October that Yuki Nakashima will leave the unit to become a seiyuu under Earth Star Entertainment.

Earth Star Dream began when Earth Star Entertainment chose nine new seiyuu aged between 12 and 25 during the Seiyuu Grand Prix. The seiyuu unit was later announced during the Earth Star Festival 2014 ~Jidai no Michibiku Hoshi ni Nare!~ event. The group's debut came by performing the Ketsuekigata-kun! 2 opening and ending theme songs. The unit also performed theme songs to the Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara. series, as well as the Usakame and Teekyuu series, which are all short anime series from Earth Star Entertainment. Two other members previously graduated in 2015, and Izumi Araida went on hiatus from the unit in December 2016 to focus on university.

Source: Official site
tsubasaloverDec 15, 2017 7:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2016
Fans must be devastated.
Dec 15, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
What the hell is wrong with the bottom center girls' eyes
Dec 15, 2017 7:11 AM

Nov 2007
RedInfinity said:
I'm guessing it's probably the make up. Please check Yuki Nakashima's db if it's better.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2017 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
tsubasalover said:
RedInfinity said:
I'm guessing it's probably the make up. Please check Yuki Nakashima's db if it's better.

I think it's moreso her opening her eyes in attempt to look cuter. As you probably know, the Japanese are into that sort of thing.
Dec 15, 2017 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
Gotdam, this is the only unit I actually cared about. Oh well, wish the best to all the seiyuu
Dec 15, 2017 8:51 AM
Mar 2016
Performance wise, it looks like they can't compete with AKB 48..........and it looks like either they become seiyuu's to another studio or be soap opera stars o just disappear just like that......
Dec 15, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
Better than disbanding then individual members go to other work. (inb4 VA or AV; actress)
Haters always gonna hate.

More topics from this board

» TOHO Acquires GKIDS, Expanding Global Animation Influence

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by MegamiRem »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Sakamoto Days' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by MegamiRem »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia' Final Season Announced for 2025

Nioxys - Oct 12

30 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» Pierrot and Asahi Production Sign Partnership Agreement

Vindstot - Oct 12

9 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

16 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.