Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 8, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, that was some twist. Didn't see that coming. Loved his inner monologues and the way he recall what actually happened was amazing.
Oct 8, 2017 3:03 AM
Aug 2017
joe_g7 said:
That was interesting, all the Kanekis talking with each other, offering their opinions and fighting which one was right. Touka is the most important to all of them in the end!!

I wonder if we'll have more triggered fujoshis after this xDD

If you go to Tumblr, you will see all the salt from the anti-Touka force. It is quite funny. They even have a specific tag: TG salt.
Oct 8, 2017 3:07 AM
Aug 2017
Maledict said:
Doesn't get much stupider than this. Next week we see the fleshy-Gundam final boss. Yay..? Also love how apparently a girl he's been with for a little while is his reason for... pretty much doing everything. This is probably the author making fun of teens that think sex is the world, though, so that could be clever.

Still believe there is time to make it at least an okay ending. Fingers crossed.

Kaneki is not a teenager or he thinks sex is the world. He is a man with a family to protect. It is normal for a man to put his wife and child above all.
Oct 8, 2017 7:07 AM
Nov 2016
So Kaneki just ate the Oggais huh.... Seems like the manga isn't ending here. That's good at least.
Oct 8, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Dunno, if I should think of this development as epic or weird, maybe both,lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 8, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2015
I just hope that Ken finds Touka already dead.

Not that i hate her or anything, but her plot armour has been too thicc and i feel her death is needed for the Dragon to be completed.

Hide can be the one to heal Kaneki later.

(Lurking here since a long time ago, just decided to give my first post)
Oct 8, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
SeidouTZ said:
Soooo furuta whole plan banked on the thought that Kaneki would regain himself back up in that moment.... what if he didnt?
Oh silly me i guess i am just suppose to belive that despite having close to almost no interations with one another, that Kaneki is in """"love"""" with Touka and that Furuta is now tg equivalent to Aizen. Such brilliant writting indeed.

Ishida Sui was just trying too hard I guess lol but let's give the man some credit. Furuta's motivation was hinted all over Chapter 101 so at least it wasn't an asspull.
The obsessive Touka love though XD Ishida Sui needs work cause he was trying too hard on making Touka x Ken work with all those late interactions between Ken and her.

Hinted or not that is not the problem. The problem is that for this plan to succeed everything was depended on Kaneki actions, not to mention that is incredibly circumstantial.
gabrieuTG said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

Its not a matter of how many months was my concern, rather its the amount of interactions they had prior to being in 'love'

For me, it was clearly obvious since Haise phase that he at least liked her. They just had the opportunity to interact properly again when he joined :re. I don't want to seem to be a blind fan but I think that's it's quite understandable they being in love. I mean, the guy has a child in her womb. And Ken can be kind IkariShinji-ish about relationships sometimes.

There were zero interactions between those two that suggested that they might still have feelings for one another. Their whole relationship seems forced and used with the intention to be nothing more than a plot device just so Kaneki could go batsh*t crazy again.
WyNdZ said:
SeidouTZ said:
Soooo furuta whole plan banked on the thought that Kaneki would regain himself back up in that moment.... what if he didnt?

Kaneki is known to go batshit crazy and eat like crazy when he is losing. It happened at Kanou's hideout when he turned into centipede, when he was fighting Arima and when he fought Eto etc. Also Arima drilled into Kaneki's head to not die. Kaneki also stayed in cochlea for a long time so the CCG must be having information about Kaneki. I'm sure Furata must be having enough knowledge through his contacts with Kanou, being a former member of V and the current head of the CCG to know this. Anyways yeah I still don't like Furata's character so lets hope he is dead.

eh that's a lot of speculation but let's assume you are right and Furuta knew all that. How exactly did he predict Kaneki going solo and losing to Suzuya? Is not like Suzuya was guaranteed to win that fight, the aftermatch confirmed that. Not only that but Kaneki could very well had given up there still if it wasnt for his """love""" for touka.
Oct 8, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
SeidouTZ said:

There were zero interactions between those two that suggested that they might still have feelings for one another. Their whole relationship seems forced and used with the intention to be nothing more than a plot device just so Kaneki could go batsh*t crazy again.

But the whole point of their conversation in :re Ch 122 was to show they still had feelings for each other, feelings that were built up in Part 1, and it was only after after that things kicked off, which makes sense given the context of Kaneki's and Touka's lives. And even before that, it was kind of obvious Haise liked Touka as a result of inheriting Kaneki's feelings, and Touka literally built :Re in order to give a place for Kaneki to return to.

It was pretty clear to me throughout :Re that they never moved on from each other, but maybe I was able to pick up on the hints given I caught up after they got together. And they interacted quite a few times post Rueshima/prior to Clown Siege, before confirming their feelings in Ch 122, so they did interact a fair amount, and its not like they had to reinvigorate their feelings again, it was always there.
removed-userOct 8, 2017 1:39 PM
Oct 8, 2017 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
fullmetal-ghoul said:
SeidouTZ said:

But the whole point of their conversation in :re Ch 122 was to show they still had feelings for each other, feelings that were built up in Part 1, and it was only after after that things kicked off, which makes sense given the context of Kaneki's and Touka's lives. And even before that, it was kind of obvious Haise liked Touka as a result of inheriting Kaneki's feelings, and Touka literally built :Re in order to give a place for Kaneki to return to.

It was pretty clear to me throughout :Re that they never moved on from each other, but maybe I was able to pick up on the hints given I caught up after they got together. And they interacted quite a few times post Rueshima/prior to Clown Siege, before confirming their feelings in Ch 122, so they did interact a fair amount, and its not like they had to reinvigorate their feelings again, it was always there.

Even if there was some chemistry between the two at some point in part 1 there is no indication that they both still share those feelings now during re.
You can build a good romatic relationship, but if you put everything on hot water for years dont expect your readers to sundly buy that their feelings for one another did not change in the slightest. People are not that stagnant.

Not a few, just once and it is nothing substantial or that hitted at the fact they were in love.
Oct 8, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
SeidouTZ said:

Even if there was some chemistry between the two at some point in part 1 there is no indication that they both still share those feelings now during re.

Looks like I need to post physical evidence
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axww7dJmpXI/VJGQnH8HZAI/AAAAAAABkzk/gwBuhLRq1XQ/s0/018.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qZ0KowTYjXDDR9ivfYf_yFGIY_C48pls8u9TzDrp1HfRVRa-72MrPs-ZhDq9iGYXg1XzHDMxDOgGlYtlUBc2Jm26Q7Kd4A-gBXRQvpYDRaKIcRhrZ2pypzwANbwPrAgxWrsfPw=s0?title=010_1492856392.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/UUx4HGj9ObjaCCLrlk0DvDtLgY1K8yv6_xKXzNrmNgf0uFNAYZNnb0-SmwZfW8whCQeFOfPolzqoZciZq7SabgtJAfW4loIyazz_fjJjVfC7VulXtsfDNzHlX57DCfT2lCLOFQ=s0?title=011_1492856392.png

SeidouTZ said:

You can build a good romatic relationship, but if you put everything on hot water for years dont expect your readers to sundly buy that their feelings for one another did not change in the slightest. People are not that stagnant.

But... that is how people work. There are some people in life you just can't move on from, and just because I don't see a loved one for a few years doesn't mean I stop loving them. Maybe you don't think like that, but it doesn't change the fact that some people like myself do. Everyone works differently, and you shouldn't generalize the way you think as the way everyone thinks.

SeidouTZ said:

Not a few, just once and it is nothing substantial or that hitted at the fact they were in love.

You're objectively wrong here, and making statements without remembering everything. I'll post two of the links from above again, a conversation that literally confirms their feelings for each other.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qZ0KowTYjXDDR9ivfYf_yFGIY_C48pls8u9TzDrp1HfRVRa-72MrPs-ZhDq9iGYXg1XzHDMxDOgGlYtlUBc2Jm26Q7Kd4A-gBXRQvpYDRaKIcRhrZ2pypzwANbwPrAgxWrsfPw=s0?title=010_1492856392.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/UUx4HGj9ObjaCCLrlk0DvDtLgY1K8yv6_xKXzNrmNgf0uFNAYZNnb0-SmwZfW8whCQeFOfPolzqoZciZq7SabgtJAfW4loIyazz_fjJjVfC7VulXtsfDNzHlX57DCfT2lCLOFQ=s0?title=011_1492856392.png.

Or the whole conversation if you prefer:
http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/122/4205/3

And they interacted multiple times before that, e.g.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/tokyoghoul/images/e/ee/Touka_and_Kaneki%27s_long_awaited_meeting.png/revision/latest?cb=20160520181747

http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/099/3765/5

If this isn't enough evidence for you, then I'll just agree to disagree again.
Oct 8, 2017 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
fullmetal-ghoul said:
SeidouTZ said:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axww7dJmpXI/VJGQnH8HZAI/AAAAAAABkzk/gwBuhLRq1XQ/s0/018.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/UUx4HGj9ObjaCCLrlk0DvDtLgY1K8yv6_xKXzNrmNgf0uFNAYZNnb0-SmwZfW8whCQeFOfPolzqoZciZq7SabgtJAfW4loIyazz_fjJjVfC7VulXtsfDNzHlX57DCfT2lCLOFQ=s0?title=011_1492856392.png

SeidouTZ said:

But... that is how people work. There are some people in life you just can't move on from, and just because I don't see a loved one for a few years doesn't mean I stop loving them. Maybe you don't think like that, but it doesn't change the fact that some people like myself do. Everyone works differently, and you shouldn't generalize the way you think as the way everyone thinks.

SeidouTZ said:

You're objectively wrong here, and making statements without remembering everything. I'll post two of the links from above again, a conversation that literally confirms their feelings for each other.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/UUx4HGj9ObjaCCLrlk0DvDtLgY1K8yv6_xKXzNrmNgf0uFNAYZNnb0-SmwZfW8whCQeFOfPolzqoZciZq7SabgtJAfW4loIyazz_fjJjVfC7VulXtsfDNzHlX57DCfT2lCLOFQ=s0?title=011_1492856392.png.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/tokyoghoul/images/e/ee/Touka_and_Kaneki%27s_long_awaited_meeting.png/revision/latest?cb=20160520181747

Plz dont go on changing my statement around, i am particularly referring to romantic feelings. And no i am not generalizing that is how things go, no matter how much you love someone if you are years torn apart you cant expect things to be the same. That is why long distance relationships dont work.

"And they interacted quite a few times post Rueshima/prior to Clown Siege"
This was what you said so i stricked myself to talking about that time period, unless i am mixting things up and that chapter happened prior to the whole Clown Siege arc in that case i apologise.
Nevertheless all panels you provided do not substain your argument. Kaneki as Haise startted to look at Touka diferently.. and? Again there is harshly any interactions between the two. they are both just revising memories and Touka just so happen to say "yeah notice that and okay i love you too". Everything is still forced and used with the intention that it could be used as a excuse for kaneki not give up in this chapter.

I guess we'll just have to yet again agree to disagree then.
Oct 8, 2017 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
fullmetal-ghoul said:
For anyone that's confused, Kaneki ate the Oggai who contain high concentrations of RC cells, and as a result is going insane and forming a massive kakuja, becoming the Dragon Furuta talked about, completing his plan to create a common enemy for ghouls and humans. Which is pretty creepy if you think about it, Furuta has essentially planned Kaneki's life from start to where he is right now. But at least he's still alive.

But anyway, this chapter was brilliant. My favourite chapters are always about Kaneki's inner monologues, taking a look into his psychology and this chapter executed that aspect perfectly, as well as showing how much he's changed over the course of the series. It was also pretty funny, and I love how it essentially responds to the reactions made by people in last weeks chapter. The stuff after that was crazy, but intentionally so, I can't wait to see what happens. I'm thinking Touka or Hide are gonna have to bring Kaneki back to normal.

Edit: I can already see the people complaining this is an asspull, it was foreshadowed brilliantly, and for quite a while now, so I think it's fine.
http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/101/3797/5

Couldn't have said it better myself. You've completely captured how I feel about this chapter with that statement, well done. On a side note, I love how Kaneki just non-nonchalantly mentions that ol' "girder incident" like it isn't a big deal to him anymore, the evolution of character is certainly apparent, especially after this chapter depicts each perceivable iteration of himself that we've witnessed.

I just hope this isn't Ishida closing the door on Kaneki's story cause then it may as well be the death of his character in a literal sense. I've heard some elaborate theories on that and I swear Furuta better not be revealed to have some weird mind control crap at the end of this cause his so-called "predictions" are too accurate. P.s. I'd equally hate a prophecy story-line, but honestly that's just me nitpicking. Don't want to come off entitled, but I just don't think that's what TG is about
Oct 8, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2017
Called it last chapter perfectly.
Oct 8, 2017 11:03 PM
Oct 2017
Maledict said:
Doesn't get much stupider than this. Next week we see the fleshy-Gundam final boss. Yay..? Also love how apparently a girl he's been with for a little while is his reason for... pretty much doing everything. This is probably the author making fun of teens that think sex is the world, though, so that could be clever.

Still believe there is time to make it at least an okay ending. Fingers crossed.

There seemed to be a time skip when they moved underground, so we don't know how long touka and ken have had a deep relationship. Also you seem pretty young, or perhaps a lonely old man if you think sex is the main part of a relationship or even a big part. Anyone who has experienced much of life would agree that having a relationship with your soul mate is by far the best thing in life.
Oct 8, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
SeidouTZ said:

Plz dont go on changing my statement around, i am particularly referring to romantic feelings. And no i am not generalizing that is how things go, no matter how much you love someone if you are years torn apart you cant expect things to be the same. That is why long distance relationships dont work.

I was gonna leave it, but this is literally generalizng, you're saying "this is how it goes for everyone," when it doesn't apply to me. Things don't go back to normal immediately, but after a single conversation things go back to normal quite quickly (this is what happens here). If Touka/Kaneki moved on from each other, I'd agree with you, but they haven't (which is why I posted the Haise link, its been hinted at the fact they still had feelings from early on in :Re, which is a response to your argument that this wasn't the case), and its pretty realistic for them not to move on as that is the case for some people in real life, (also Kaneki was being tortured by Arima, before being Haise, he couldn't move on even if he wanted to).

Edit- also not seeing a loved one is not the same as not seeing a loved one for years. A more valid comparison is a husband and wife being forced apart for years, only to meet and not hold the same feelings they had years ago.

SeidouTZ said:

This was what you said so i stricked myself to talking about that time period, unless i am mixting things up and that chapter happened prior to the whole Clown Siege arc in that case i apologise.

http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/099/3765/5 - before Clown Siege

http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/122/4205/3 - after

But when thay happen doesn't really affect my argument

SeidouTZ said:
Nevertheless all panels you provided do not substain your argument. Kaneki as Haise startted to look at Touka diferently.. and? Again there is harshly any interactions between the two. they are both just revising memories and Touka just so happen to say "yeah notice that and okay i love you too". Everything is still forced and used with the intention that it could be used as a excuse for kaneki not give up in this chapter.

The Haise one was a response to your point that there wasn't hints of romantic feelings in :Re, and it wasn't forced at all if you ask me, but thats subjective.
removed-userOct 8, 2017 11:29 PM
Oct 9, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2010

- My first thought in the opening panel... "WTF? Wth is going on" lol
- So, I said that I don't want Kaneki to die (which I believe he won't), but this power up to dragon... not sure if I like this development
- The Kaneki assemble was interesting. So many Kanekis.
- In between the seriousness and dire situation, they suddenly talk about Touka is a bit out of place imo
- Why berserk Kaneki ate up Hajime's face reminds me of Hide.............. Noo, oh gosh, make me wonder more what's behind that scarecrow mask!!! Hide... T~T
- Kaneki saying Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka Touka is DEFINITELY NOT BEAUTIFUL NOR CUTE. Are you blind people?! It's creepy af. It feels more like obsession and somekind of a crutch to his sanity, his only reason left to live, not really love. It's too sudden and lack development for it to be some form of deep connection kind of love. He lost control and the thought of Touka only fuel it more. He needs someone who can put some sense back to him. Calm him down, not fuel it. #triggerred
- Everyweek I'm waiting to see him since his return... My baby HIDE WHEN?! Just give me Hide and Urie please Ishida-sensei
- FUCKING HELL IF FURUTA DEAD JUST LIKE THAT I SWEAR. Also, who's side is this guy really on? lol
CrimsonMidnightOct 9, 2017 12:08 AM
Oct 9, 2017 12:41 AM
Jan 2015
brilliant play by Furuta
that said , I take back my words from what I said about last chapter
I thought Ishida obssesed with parallelism and rush it at chapter 143
turns out it was also some kind of mind game to readers..
or troll !!!!
Oct 9, 2017 1:56 AM

Feb 2012
So Furuta is basically a lunatic version of Ozymandias from Watchmen, ok.

The only problem really is how his plan relies on so much to fall into place, it's stupid.
Kellhus said:

GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Oct 9, 2017 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
fullmetal-ghoul said:
SeidouTZ said:

I was gonna leave it, but this is literally generalizng, you're saying "this is how it goes for everyone," when it doesn't apply to me. Things don't go back to normal immediately, but after a single conversation things go back to normal quite quickly (this is what happens here). If Touka/Kaneki moved on from each other, I'd agree with you, but they haven't (which is why I posted the Haise link, its been hinted at the fact they still had feelings from early on in :Re, which is a response to your argument that this wasn't the case), and its pretty realistic for them not to move on as that is the case for some people in real life, (also Kaneki was being tortured by Arima, before being Haise, he couldn't move on even if he wanted to).

Edit- also not seeing a loved one is not the same as not seeing a loved one for years. A more valid comparison is a husband and wife being forced apart for years, only to meet and not hold the same feelings they had years ago.

SeidouTZ said:

SeidouTZ said:

The Haise one was a response to your point that there wasn't hints of romantic feelings in :Re, and it wasn't forced at all if you ask me, but thats subjective.

Kaneki and Touka are not a married couple so dont make such comparisons, they are just two adults that shared some romantic feelings for one another at a certain point in their lifes but that ultimately didnt go anywhere and then they were separated for years.
If being torn apart for that long does not make you have doubt regarding those sentiments or you were unable to move pass them, then i am sorry but you are in the minority and no a single conversation does not sundly heal it all up in an instance.

Indeed it does not affect your argument it just means you were factually wrong since is after Clown Siege and not prior Clown Siege. Not that it matters tho yeah.

How am i not supposed to interpreted it as anything but not forced when everything in the past few chapters has just been crammed into the reader head just so everything happening on this chapter can seem in some way justifiable?
Oct 9, 2017 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
SeidouTZ said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Kaneki and Touka are not a married couple so dont make such comparisons, they are just two adults that shared some romantic feelings for one another at a certain point in their lifes but that ultimately didnt go anywhere and then they were separated for years.
If being torn apart for that long does not make you have doubt regarding those sentiments or you were unable to move pass them, then i am sorry but you are in the minority and no a single conversation does not sundly heal it all up in an instance.

Indeed it does not affect your argument it just means you were factually wrong since is after Clown Siege and not prior Clown Siege. Not that it matters tho yeah.

How am i not supposed to interpreted it as anything but not forced when everything in the past few chapters has just been crammed into the reader head just so everything happening on this chapter can seem in some way justifiable?

Except the extent of their feelings are that of a married coupled, or at least close to that of one. It didn't take them long for them to get married after admitting said feelings to each other The fact it initially didn't go anywhere doesn't supress their feelings.

I certainly don't think I'm in the minority in regards to caring for someone who I am close to but haven't seen in years. And even if I am, it doesn't change the fact people like me exist and thus it is pretty realistic for Kaneki and Touka to retain their feelings. It really depends on the type of person yoi are and how much you treasure the connections of people you are close to, and Kaneki/Touka are definitely treasure the people close to them.

From my personal experience, it only takes one conversation before it feels normal to talk with that person again. And its not like Kaneki and Touka had to "heal" anything, they weren't seperated on bad terms.

It's taken the focus recently for sure, but that doesn't mean it was forced or rushed. Did Ishida have this chapter in mind when writing the romance? For sure, I truly believe he has the whole story planned out. But for me, it was natural and perfectly written, while also furthering Kaneki's development by giving him motivation and reason to live. Ishida wouldn't rush the romance in order to reach this chapter, but if you think its forced you're more than entitled to hold that opinion.
removed-userOct 9, 2017 8:25 AM
Oct 9, 2017 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
@fullmetal-ghoul Fair enough, i guess we both will just have different stands on the issue. Nevertheless thx for keeping things civilized during the discussioni i appreciated.
Oct 9, 2017 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
SeidouTZ said:
@fullmetal-ghoul Fair enough, i guess we both will just have different stands on the issue. Nevertheless thx for keeping things civilized during the discussioni i appreciated.

Likewise, much appreciated from my side as well
Oct 10, 2017 7:36 AM
Oct 2017
For those saying that Kaneki's love for Touka sprang up out of nowhere remember that the story takes place (so far) over a six year span so it's quite reasonable that many interactions between the two occurred without being shown. These smaller moments are primarily what would build a relationship. Additionally as people have sited before, Kaneki realised in part 1 that Touka was special to him and he considered her someone he wanted to protect, it's only natural that once reunited (as Haise and later as Kaneki) and with her being kind and less hostile towards him that romantic feelings would develop.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Oct 10, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Kresnik 0666 incoming lol. Probably an insane ghoul with massive loads of kagune/regeneration but sor tof Brainless, that's not what I hoped for him, nor his death, but let's see where this leads. Hopefully he wont kill Touka...

And i was here expecting Shirazu's sister to have any role in the story hahah, fack.

Hope there is a telomere fix in that Oggai body lol.
Oct 10, 2017 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
Ok this is better than Kaneki getting killed for the sake of parallel and at least Ishida acknowledged the current Kaneki was bad.

The pages with Kaneki's multiple personalities was brilliant. I cracked up when Associate Special class Kaneki told number to 240 to go back to cochlea.

It started out well, but then Ishida thought it wasn't an asspull to have Kaneki get out of that situation at all.

And then he turned into a blob, all according to Furata's epic plan!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
Maledict said:

TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 3:18 PM

Nov 2014
Himawari9 said:
Maledict said:

Kaneki is not a teenager or he thinks sex is the world. He is a man with a family to protect. It is normal for a man to put his wife and child above all.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tokyo Ghoul:re. The storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plot will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Kaneki's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these chapters, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tokyo Ghoul: Re truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kaneki's existential catchphrase "No. It's fine," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ishida's genius unfolds itself on their pages. What fools... how I pity them. :joy: And yes by the way, I DO have a Tokyo Ghoultattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Oct 10, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, exactly like Inside (the game)! I wonder if Kaneki is gonna turn into a flesh ball and kill everyone too lol
Ball Kaneki is best Kaneki.
That scene with all the Kanekis kinda remind me of Danganronpa:Despair Side with Junko and Yukizome in the movie theater commenting what was going on.

So.........................is this the final chapter? I guess there is one more since this is 144:A, but who knows.

Oct 10, 2017 10:15 PM
Aug 2017
Kvothe51 said:
Himawari9 said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tokyo Ghoul:re. The storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plot will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Kaneki's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these chapters, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tokyo Ghoul: Re truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kaneki's existential catchphrase "No. It's fine," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ishida's genius unfolds itself on their pages. What fools... how I pity them. :joy: And yes by the way, I DO have a Tokyo Ghoultattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

And what do you want for telling me all of this? Considering your comment was almost and copy & paste from another comment. Did you lose a few brain cells, kid?
Himawari9Oct 10, 2017 10:19 PM
Oct 10, 2017 11:20 PM
Aug 2017
SeidouTZ said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

You are really generalizing here. " long distance relationships don't work" ? Sometimes it worked you know. My father went to an island for work for a few years and he still marry my mother when he came back moreover it was a time where cell phone didn't exist. My friend has been in a long distance relationship with a man in Germany for 7 years since high school. It doesn't work for people with shallow feelings but when you have a deep connection, the distance doesn't matter.
In Kaneki case, he is not someone who has much experience in a romantic relationship. His first love turned out to be a traumatic experience. One the most common reason a long distance relationship doesn't work is the present of a third person. When he became Haise, there was no girl that would leave him a deep impression enough for him to hindering his feeling for Touka. Akira was like his mother while Saiko was like his kid, Eto was his enemy, Hinami is a little sister. Long distance relationship never work is a myth.
Himawari9Oct 10, 2017 11:59 PM
Oct 10, 2017 11:36 PM
Oct 2017
Donato and Uta have shown they can create a full body clone of themselves with a tiny piercing or fingertip. If I were to imagine Kaneki's power and mass condensed down into a human sized body, uta and donato's power seems like what the resulting power would be.

We haven't seen either uta or donato ever go full out so we don't know the limits of their power.There is still the possibility that they are on the same level as kaneki is now. The only counter evidence to that is we do know donato or a clone of him was in chochlea which means he was defeated which is highly unlikely for someone of kaneki's current power.

Kvothe51 said:

Wtf, did you copy pasta 1 of ur previous messages. I swear I read this ramble of an egotistical depressed kid somewhere else. LMAO
lelouchvkekistanOct 10, 2017 11:40 PM
Oct 10, 2017 11:37 PM

Apr 2016
The mood just died for me, when there was a narrator for Kaneki and Suzuya’s fight, with their ‘audience’ … -______- I find it weird that Touka STILL calls her husband by his surname!

WOW!! I just mentioned this last chapter, and Ishida gave it to us: the days when Suzuya called out and ran to Haise </3 T_____T

Omg… I don’t know what to do… Seeing all of Kaneki’s different identities surrounding his current body, wondering what they could have done… I don’t know, no one knows!! ><

“It’s not your fault, Juuzou. It’s mine.” <- Yep, this is definitely what the original just-turned-into-a-ghoul Kaneki would say. It’s sad to see the Kaneki-in-Cochlea freak out.

It was sad and also heartwarming to see Kaneki-with-black-hair-and-an-eye-patch comfort Kaneki-in-Cochlea… >< Four-eyes Kaneki was right that our One-eyed King shouldn’t have chosen to return alone. It’s interesting to see that Haise and even white-haired Kaneki agreed with Four-eyes Kaneki. Haise was more systematic, since he discussed his plans with his squad, and white-haired Kaneki already had the experience of returning alone during the Anteiku Raid and fighting Amon… :/

“In the end, the manager died, and Anteiku was destroyed.” T____T omg… That made me sad… Yoshimura has finally been mentioned! It’s true that if Kaneki left with his friends at Anteiku, he could have worked with them at :re…

But I feel bad for Haise; he’s left out because everyone else is Kaneki. I still feel sad when I think of Haise, because he really did bond with the Quinx Squad like they were his children. I seriously don’t want Haise to blame himself for Shirazu’s death…. When Haise remembered he was Kaneki, this was when he threw Tsukiyama off the building but made sure Karen would rescue him; Kaneki indirectly protected Tsukiyama that time. Kaneki simply could not be at two places, at once. I like that even though Haise knows he would have loved to live with the Quinx Squad and work with Akira and Arima…he couldn’t continue living that way forever. :(

Mutsuki being mentally ill… If Kaneki noticed, I don’t know what would have changed either. But having the Cochlea raid was necessary to save Hinami. I love this exclamation -> “WE CAN’T SAVE EVERYONE!”

It was sad to see Four-eyes Kaneki and white-haired Kaneki fight.. :( Poor university-student Kaneki was telling them not to fight! Really, imagining all of the possibilities was useless… Touka’s purpose in the story was for her to be pregnant, and for these two lives to motivate Kaneki to live, huh? Interesting that Kaneki mentioned now that the name for the child hasn’t been decided yet.

Yikes, Kaneki bit Hajime’s face!! >< So Kaneki ate the Oggai and became a ‘dragon’… The CCG has and will be used as sacrifices, for future experimentation(?) I hope Hide returns.
Oct 11, 2017 3:33 AM

Aug 2014

Coud you send me a link of just that Kaneki pic with the party glasses, please?
Oct 11, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Himawari9 said:
SeidouTZ said:

You are really generalizing here. " long distance relationships don't work" ? Sometimes it worked you know. My father went to an island for work for a few years and he still marry my mother when he came back moreover it was a time where cell phone didn't exist. My friend has been in a long distance relationship with a man in Germany for 7 years since high school. It doesn't work for people with shallow feelings but when you have a deep connection, the distance doesn't matter.
In Kaneki case, he is not someone who has much experience in a romantic relationship. His first love turned out to be a traumatic experience. One the most common reason a long distance relationship doesn't work is the present of a third person. When he became Haise, there was no girl that would leave him a deep impression enough for him to hindering his feeling for Touka. Akira was like his mother while Saiko was like his kid, Eto was his enemy, Hinami is a little sister. Long distance relationship never work is a myth.

If you cared to look up my other post you would see my stand on the issue. And no just because there are some very rare instances where that doesn't apply that still does not disprove my main point. I am speaking in general, not singling out the exceptions.
Also i already said before but i will say it again DONT compare a married couple to this case with Kaneki. Both Touka and Kaneki had romantic feelings for one another at some point in part 1 yes, but it didnt go beyond that and they were unable to build such strong of a connection. So ofc being separated apart for YEARS would create doubts and lead to one's question those sentiments.
That doesn't mean their feelings were shallow, is simply the most logical course of action to question what ever or not a relationship where the people involved spended most of their time away from each other as any future at all.
Oct 11, 2017 8:57 PM
Aug 2017
SeidouTZ said:
Himawari9 said:

If you cared to look up my other post you would see my stand on the issue. And no just because there are some very rare instances where that doesn't apply that still does not disprove my main point. I am speaking in general, not singling out the exceptions.
Also i already said before but i will say it again DONT compare a married couple to this case with Kaneki. Both Touka and Kaneki had romantic feelings for one another at some point in part 1 yes, but it didnt go beyond that and they were unable to build such strong of a connection. So ofc being separated apart for YEARS would create doubts and lead to one's question those sentiments.
That doesn't mean their feelings were shallow, is simply the most logical course of action to question what ever or not a relationship where the people involved spended most of their time away from each other as any future at all.

I read them but my examples are not married couples either in fact the reason for my father going away for work were my mother's parent against their relationship. And a study found that 40% of long distance relationship ended up in failure leaving more than half of them success. I don't know about Western women, but Asian women can wait years after years for their lovers to come back especially in wartime.
Kaneki and Touka was in life-and-death situations together before and if those didn't build a strong connection between them, I don't know what would.
Oct 12, 2017 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Himawari9 said:
SeidouTZ said:

I read them but my examples are not married couples either in fact the reason for my father going away for work were my mother's parent against their relationship. And a study found that 40% of long distance relationship ended up in failure leaving more than half of them success. I don't know about Western women, but Asian women can wait years after years for their lovers to come back especially in wartime.
Kaneki and Touka was in life-and-death situations together before and if those didn't build a strong connection between them, I don't know what would.

Again can you stop giving very specific examples to try prove your point? This is not a wartime scenery, neither a family issues one. Also provide a link to that study you speak of otherwise i would think you are just making stuff up.
"life-and-death situations" that's redundant when it comes to the world of TG, since literally anyone probably passes through similar experiences. Nevertheless you still can't expect people to be that stagnated, is illogical and unrealistic for someone to be stuck with those sentiments for that long without moving on.
Oct 12, 2017 10:59 PM
Aug 2017
SeidouTZ said:
Himawari9 said:

Again can you stop giving very specific examples to try prove your point? This is not a wartime scenery, neither a family issues one. Also provide a link to that study you speak of otherwise i would think you are just making stuff up.
"life-and-death situations" that's redundant when it comes to the world of TG, since literally anyone probably passes through similar experiences. Nevertheless you still can't expect people to be that stagnated, is illogical and unrealistic for someone to be stuck with those sentiments for that long without moving on.

http://www.longdistancerelationshipstatistics.com/

They are at war. Human vs ghoul.
I don't know where you're from but in Asian countries, relationships like this are common in real life, literature, etc. I can count several examples from my classmates alone. Some of them got married after several years. I was surprised when I saw people thought that separate for a few years and their love change. It was different from what I has seen from my community. From the time we were little, we were taught to be loyal to our love and people that change feelings too fast are labeled as not a good material for marriage.
There are plenty other manga and anime depicted the same kind of relationships but I didn't see anyone bashing it.
In the end, I think it is because of cultural difference that people interpret the manga differently so I won't argue anymore.
Oct 13, 2017 1:03 AM

Jan 2010
fullmetal-ghoul said:
A more valid comparison is a husband and wife being forced apart for years, only to meet and not hold the same feelings they had years ago.

Whoa. But there was barely any romantic thing going on between Kaneki and Touka before re:??? Where is this husband - wife comparison came from???
Oct 13, 2017 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Himawari9 said:
SeidouTZ said:

I don't know where you're from but in Asian countries, relationships like this are common in real life, literature, etc. I can count several examples from my classmates alone. Some of them got married after several years. I was surprised when I saw people thought that separate for a few years and their love change. It was different from what I has seen from my community. From the time we were little, we were taught to be loyal to our love and people that change feelings too fast are labeled as not a good material for marriage.
There are plenty other manga and anime depicted the same kind of relationships but I didn't see anyone bashing it.
In the end, I think it is because of cultural difference that people interpret the manga differently so I won't argue anymore.

Never heard of this site so is hard for me to say with assurance that i believe in its validity. Plus this is only referring to the US and not in general.

You said: "Asian women can wait years after years for their lovers to come back especially in wartime." Did Touka wait for kaneki because he went to war? No, so no this scenery does not apply.
"Lovers"/"Married", how many times do i need to repeat for you to understand it? Kaneki and Touka never reach that point, they are two individuals that shared some romantic feelings for one another in part 1 and there is that. "Loyalty" is irrelevant here. They were never lovers or a married couple to begin with so dont put them in that category.
Maybe because those anime and manga you speak off did a better job then tg when it comes conveying a strong bond between the characters. Have you consider that?
Oct 13, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2013
Time for another evolution.
Oct 13, 2017 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
Himawari9 said:
SeidouTZ said:

The length Touken shippers would go to justify their shallow pairing...

Kaneki & Touka never (or barely,if any) have any semblance of romance progression on Part 1, if anything the reason Kaneki wanted to fight for Anteiku is because he wants to protect the crew, not specifically Touka's pussy.

The romantic feeling he has right now is largely because of Haise's inherited feelings.
Oct 13, 2017 8:01 PM
Aug 2017
loli_a_ravioli said:
Himawari9 said:

Kaneki & Touka never (or barely,if any) have any semblance of romance progression on Part 1, if anything the reason Kaneki wanted to fight for Anteiku is because he wants to protect the crew, not specifically Touka's pussy.

The romantic feeling he has right now is largely because of Haise's inherited feelings.

You call me a Touken shipper? That is totally wrong since I never ship. I hate shipping to the core and think that shipping is pointless since the story belong to the author. I am actually laughing at the shipping war in the fandom because of how amusing and pointless it was. Kaneki can end up with anyone or even dead and I still pay no mind. I did not even like Touka in the first series. Assuming I am a shipper just because I support the author and stay true to my believe. What a childish fanboy.
Well, I have other things in real life to take care of: family, job, the education for another degree etc.. With me, anime and manga are just hobby in my free time and I pay them no serious feeling. Young people these days really get too invested in fictional characters.
Himawari9Oct 14, 2017 4:05 AM
Oct 13, 2017 8:19 PM
Aug 2017
SeidouTZ said:
Himawari9 said:

Never heard of this site so is hard for me to say with assurance that i believe in its validity. Plus this is only referring to the US and not in general.

You said: "Asian women can wait years after years for their lovers to come back especially in wartime." Did Touka wait for kaneki because he went to war? No, so no this scenery does not apply.
"Lovers"/"Married", how many times do i need to repeat for you to understand it? Kaneki and Touka never reach that point, they are two individuals that shared some romantic feelings for one another in part 1 and there is that. "Loyalty" is irrelevant here. They were never lovers or a married couple to begin with so dont put them in that category.
Maybe because those anime and manga you speak off did a better job then tg when it comes conveying a strong bond between the characters. Have you consider that?

I did say that I don't want to argue with you anymore since you seems too childish. I am not a shipper or fan of romance from the start so this is just wasting my time. As long as, the story is interesting to me, I will read it.
You don't have any proof that romance like their is not exist either. There are people who cannot move on from their crush and that is reality.
I read a lot of classic literature along with other manga and the romance between Kaneki and Touka never come off as unnatural to me. It is similar to other stories that I have read. Touka did wait for him to return by opening :Re.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65944/what-science-has-say-about-long-distance-relationships
Himawari9Oct 14, 2017 4:04 AM
Oct 14, 2017 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Himawari9 said:
SeidouTZ said:

I did say that I don't want to argue with you anymore since you seems too childish. I am not a shipper or fan of romance from the start so this is just wasting my time. As long as, the story is interesting to me, I will read it.
You don't have any proof that romance like their is not exist either. There are people who cannot move on from their crush and that is reality.
I read a lot of classic literature along with other manga and the romance between Kaneki and Touka never come off as unnatural to me. It is similar to other stories that I have read. Touka did wait for him to return by opening :Re.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65944/what-science-has-say-about-long-distance-relationships

The amount of inconsistencies in your posts is ridiculously high lol
First off no the reason you stated as to why you didnt wanna argue with me anymore was because of "cultural differences", not because i was "childish".
If you are not a fan of romance literature why did you feel the need to start this conversation to begin with and why do you consider cases like this to be the general norm?
It is incredibly unrealistic and illogical. You can't expect all readers to believe that Touka retain those sentiments for Kaneki for that long and nothing changed whatsoever. After so many years had passed, without any contact, people move on that is the natural course of action.
Oct 20, 2017 12:19 AM

Jun 2010
gabrieuTG said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

Ishida Sui was just trying too hard I guess lol but let's give the man some credit. Furuta's motivation was hinted all over Chapter 101 so at least it wasn't an asspull.
The obsessive Touka love though XD Ishida Sui needs work cause he was trying too hard on making Touka x Ken work with all those late interactions between Ken and her.

You guys talk as if they only got to know each other a month prior to the events
KaiserNazrin said:
We need a series with bunch of Kaneki just chilling together.

After losing Hide, Touka is the closest person Kaneki have, its only natural that he would do anything to protect her. If you think this is forced, you are moron.

Himawari9 said:
Maledict said:

These! 100%

And great job to fullmetal-ghoul and a few others for putting to rest the absurdity of the "but.. but... i don't lik.. ah..I mean, Kaneki x Touka makes no sense I tell you!!1!" brigade's ridiculous hand wringing over the supposed lack of validity of their relationship. *rollseye*

But really though, all the bitching about them as a couple reads like a lot of "WAAAAAAA BUT.. BUT... MUH EDGINESS AND NIHILISM!!! WAAAAAAAA" With probably a few delusional butthurt Yaoi freaks thrown in as well.
James_xenoOct 20, 2017 1:13 AM
Oct 20, 2017 12:54 AM

Jun 2010
Kvothe51 said:
Himawari9 said:

wait, what??! no words for what i just read.....

loli_a_ravioli said:
Himawari9 said:

just..wow.. I have to ask, did you even read any of the first series? Because I'm guessing not if you actually think this!

Jan 13, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2015
I still think its bullshit after reading later chapters that furutas plan went off without a problem. The chapter was good but that aizen moment gave me bleach vibes that made me throw up a bit.
Jan 14, 2018 12:52 AM
Aug 2017
Cyborg_Dragon said:
I still think its bullshit after reading later chapters that furutas plan went off without a problem. The chapter was good but that aizen moment gave me bleach vibes that made me throw up a bit.

Nah, Furuta's plan has gone astray. He didn't intend to let Kaneki be that powerful and uncontrollable.
Nov 29, 2018 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
The chapter started like a big joke and it ended like a tragedy.
Nov 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Dec 2012
God damn. So now Kaneki is a full fledged cannibal among both ghouls and humans. Tokyo Ghoul hasn't made my skin crawl like that since Arima caved in Kaneki's skull with a lance. Furuta is still throwing me in for a loop. I wonder if he views Kaneki as Rize's offspring and is trying to cultivate him because of that.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.