Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode featured a lot of Erika Suzuki, Anji's sister.
I think she's the type of girl that has trouble making friends. At least Koharu seems to be nice to her.

I think this episode was moody, compared to some of the others anyway. Erika just semes a bit different compared to the main cast.
Aug 23, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
Erika running away is an interesting development tho i have to say not entirely unexpected she still has a lot to learn about the world.
Tho she didn't really understand what the girls meant and why they are worried about her.
Maybe Erika will learn a thing or two from the girls since she is always so negative about the place.
Aug 23, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
Reviving the shopping district will be the biggest hurdle. People live in the same building of the closed shops and like the librarian said, nowadays people use supermarkets. I guess the only things they could sell are stuff that can't be found in every supermarkets such as local products and tastier fast food (like the crockets).
Aug 23, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
Erika trying to run away from the boring town which almost everyone does while shiori loves the place :'(
Aug 23, 2017 11:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Figured it was only a matter of time before we got an episode like this where Erika would act out
Aug 23, 2017 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Erika trying to run a way from the town meanwhile Shiori loves it. Her outburst proved that.

It was nice to know that Takamizawa, Noge and Kindaichi were friends since elementary school and they still are. Noge accomplished his dream to be a bookstore owner.

Aug 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
So the bus driver isn't Angelica's husband and Erika's father.

Damn, only four episodes left.
Aug 23, 2017 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
Nice to watch an episode focusing on Erika. She wants to move out of Manoyama because she thinks it's boring. Shiori doesn't think so. She loves the town. The girls are hard at work trying to revive the festival. Takamizawa, Noge and Kindaichi has been friends since elementary school. They know where's the Golden Dragon.
Aug 23, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2017
Erika acts out in a big way, I have kind of been expecting this to happen. Maybe the girls can convince her to stay, at least till she is older.
Aug 23, 2017 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting episode. I wonder how it'll play out.

On another note, I couldn't help but notice her hair pin is red in this scene..

...and then it changes color a second later.

The dips in quality just really bug me.

The show deserves a minimum score of at least 7.80, imo. Although, it takes a while for it to pick up.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 23, 2017 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
Well now, they found a clue to the last remaining treasure, and take in a stray Erika-chan in the process.

Feels like the thoughts and emotions of everyone involved are quite varied, and even discussing amongst themselves doesn't help them to sort out their thoughts.

Loved how Maki was keeping Erika in school there, ala One Thousand and One Nights. Very smart move there.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 23, 2017 1:57 PM
Jun 2016
Did anyone else rewind to make sure they hadn't missed something at first about what the lady in the wedding dress said? :>

It was weird because the amount said, and the subtittles, least on crunchyroll seemed different, so I thought we didn't get the words :>
Aug 23, 2017 2:03 PM
Sep 2016
There are only 4 episodes left but Sakura Quest ended up being just a waste of time for me, quite disappointed.
Aug 23, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
It looks like the last remaining treasure has been located. I'm sure they'll solve the code without too much of a hassle.

Erika has gone a bit awol, wanting to leave Manoyama so desperate that she's running away on her own while being very ill-prepared for it as well. It's good that Yoshino and the others have taken Erika in their dorms for now, but trying to change Erika's opinion about Manoyama is going to be tough.

Noge did bring up a good point about the store owners shutting up shop to live on what they've earned, but at the same time, it makes the whole place look so run down and depressing. It's like they're retreating to a cocoon that'll never open again. That's why I'm hoping that the upcoming festival revival will be a big success, that'll jump-start the towns business and shopping arcade back to life. =)

Looking forward to the next episode.

@Zelev Apart from Yoshino's magical hair band changing colour, I find the third picture to be fine. Not top quality, obviously, but I've seen worse mundane shots with multiple characters bunched up in the same scene from other airing show I'm watching right now. If the animation for that scene was off, which it thankfully wasn't, then that would annoy me.
Aug 23, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
Lol at Yoshino not knowing what "pillow talk" is at all.

But can anybody explain to me Sandal-kun's "Patrasche" reference?

Swagernator said:
So the bus driver isn't Angelica's husband and Erika's father.

Damn, only four episodes left.

I think Angelica is a single mom.

Leo_10 said:
It was nice to know that Takamizawa, Noge and Kindaichi were friends since elementary school and they still are.

I thought it was pure gold that they still had the three pieces of the code they wrote as kids.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 23, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
It looks like the last remaining treasure has been located. I'm sure they'll solve the code without too much of a hassle.

Erika has gone a bit awol, wanting to leave Manoyama so desperate that she's running away on her own while being very ill-prepared for it as well. It's good that Yoshino and the others have taken Erika in their dorms for now, but trying to change Erika's opinion about Manoyama is going to be tough.

Noge did bring up a good point about the store owners shutting up shop to live on what they've earned, but at the same time, it makes the whole place look so run down and depressing. It's like they're retreating to a cocoon that'll never open again. That's why I'm hoping that the upcoming festival revival will be a big success, that'll jump-start the towns business and shopping arcade back to life. =)

Looking forward to the next episode.

@Zelev Apart from Yoshino's magical hair band changing colour, I find the third picture to be fine. Not top quality, obviously, but I've seen worse mundane shots with multiple characters bunched up in the same scene from other airing show I'm watching right now. If the animation for that scene was off, which it thankfully wasn't, then that would annoy me.

Another thing I just noticed. If you take a closer look at the first picture, purple-haired girl is extremely tall (much taller than the girl with glasses). sorry i'm bad with names Like wtf, she wasn't always that tall.

And if you take a look at this second picture, they're basically the same height.

Aug 23, 2017 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
@Zelev. You're getting confused with perspective. In the first Maki is a lot closer to the camera so appears much taller than Sanae. Maki is tall, but so is Sanae. I think they are similar heights.

You have to remember this is animation, not a picture show. I can easily take a single frame out of a show and it can look off, but what is important is how they move.
Aug 23, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
scruffykiwi said:
@Zelev. You're getting confused with perspective. In the first Maki is a lot closer to the camera so appears much taller than Sanae. Maki is tall, but so is Sanae. I think they are similar heights.

You have to remember this is animation, not a picture show. I can easily take a single frame out of a show and it can look off, but what is important is how they move.

I thought it was perspective at first, too. However, they actually aren't that far apart to begin with. And the difference in height between the rest of the characters is relatively the same when comparing both pictures. It's just her that's the problem. Purple-haired girl's head seems huge, too; her character just seemed totally off.

Aug 23, 2017 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
It seems Maki and Sanae are the worldly pair of the group, while Yoshino, Ririko, and Shiori are the three innocents. Ericka even accuses Yoshino of acting like an adult (though she is an adult), because she has a youthful demeanor most of the time. I like Maki's fake out regarding the story she told Ericka, but I wanted to hear the ending too!!
Aug 23, 2017 3:56 PM

May 2015
Damn, so many conflicting feelings. Erika hates living in the town and wants to leave ASAP, and on the other hand, Shiori really loves the town she's been living in her whole life.

Only four episodes left, sadly. I wonder how they're going to wrap this up.

Aug 23, 2017 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
Somehow Erika looks adorable with all her attitude throughout the episode. And how she think about running from Manoyama to Tokyo is common.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 23, 2017 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
Erika was pretty bratty this episode, I love how Maki dealt with her in the car though. xD

Sandal as epic as always.

Yoshino and pillow talk. xD
Shiori loves her town so much, so pure. :(

With the final scene, it makes me wonder what direction the show is gonna go in now. It almost feels like there won't be a big change and the show will end on the theme of just letting Manoyama do what it does best, being Manoyama a quiet and reserved little town with it's own culture.
Aug 23, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2016
A lot of focus on Erika in this episode.

She is pretty fun to watch whenever she works at the cafe and interacts with others.

Looking forward to seeing the golden dragon.
Aug 23, 2017 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
Bro, Yoshino wanted to do some pillowtalk with Sanae. aw lawd
Aug 23, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2015
Eeeeehhhhh so Erika did exist for a reason aside of being background filler, and what a time for this too, we got like 3 episodes left before this is over, so I look forward to seeing how they handle this situation. And on top of that, they now have an idea as to where the last treasure is, they just need to figure out that weird riddle.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 23, 2017 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
This show really hits with all reality of life!

Anyways, so the ED is named Baby's Breath. Is it somehow connected to the name of the band that sings the OP and ED of Tenshi no 3P!?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 24, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
But we need closure on Maki's story. :(
Aug 24, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2013
Sandal-san is the best XD

Erika was more bratty than usual this episode. Lmao even the tone rubs me off in a wrong way.

Noge actually raised a good point. And Shiori's outburst of her love for the town was a nice scene.
But you just can't blame any of them given the town's situation :c
Aug 24, 2017 6:27 AM
Aug 2015
god damn it. can't believe that they really didn't finish the story in this episode.
i want to know what the bride said
Aug 24, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
It was an interesting episode, where now its from the perspective of a middle schooler about her small deterioted town, after the previous ones where from the adults' perspective. Glad to see more characters are being fleshed out before the show ends. So only 4 episodes to go.
Aug 24, 2017 9:07 AM

Sep 2016
that angsty bitch erika gonna become real slut soon
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 24, 2017 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
Damn what a mean cliffhanger and nice new ending song.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
Nice development for Shiori in this episode.

Really wanna know what happened when Maki was working at that Crepe shop though!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 25, 2017 6:24 AM

Feb 2008
Erika isn't overly bright, for better or worse. Hitch-hiking is a wonderful idea, particularly in a small rural area where everyone knows everyone... However, it was a welcome development.

Sandal was awesome, as always. He truly is a brilliant character, despite making only a few appearances.
Aug 26, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
Damn I felt bad for Shiori in this one. Erika not so much, kind of being a brat. Though she always was. But I wasn't sure they'd ever do the Shiori questions whether she's boring arc. And here they are dumping it on us at the tail end. Little heavy man. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the series ends with all five girls going in opposite directions out into the world. Or they might double down on the love your hometown. And they all decide to stay. Either way another thoughtful episode with lots of great character moments. I can't believe there's only four episodes left. I'm going to miss this show.
Aug 26, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2015
maaaaan i felt for Erica this entire episode, just too relatable. Just imagining that you're gonna spend your entire life in this place with no future. You only have one life, obviously not many people would be willing to spend their entire life in the SAME PLACE. Especially RIriko since she hates this place, but even if she didnt, who would want to live in the same place.
I like and understand her reckless approach as well, hitchhiking to Tokyo and living on the streets there just to get out of this place? just goes to show how desperate she is, how much she doenst wanna stay here.

Also i understand Shiori, doesnt see a reason to go anywhere because her dear friends and family are here and just her whole life, so going somewhere else is just so wrong.
I also liked Maki's approach this ep LOL. "Tells her a story and says she will get to know the end of it after she comes back from school" LOL brilliant!

VEry good anime in general, just too much like life and im connected to characters so well at this point, will be really hard when the anime ends T_T
Aug 27, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2017
I really hate Shiori, she's basically a level downed Kawai from Koe no Katachi, what a bitch, everytime she gets emotional, Yoshino gets to apologize lol I despise her type of character
Sep 1, 2017 6:23 AM

Jun 2016
Erika being a bitch, though. Hehe. But I somehow understand her, she's living in the town where it's almost dying, but everyone in the Tourism Board's been trying to revive the town, so at least cooperate, I guess? Especially, you're still a child. I bet you're gonna regret it if you're already in Tokyo and living your life eating off of everyone's garbage and leftovers.

Sandal being himself again, being a weird cutie. Hahaha.

No, you're not weird, Shiori. You just love Manoyama so much because yeah it's where you were born and grow up. D'aww. *hugs her*

I love the part with the 3 gentlemen (including my prince huehue), I hope the Golden Dragon's still there inside the box.

One more episode and I finally caught up with this anime. Yaaaas!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 2, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
Sep 6, 2017 2:26 AM

Mar 2009
That attitude. Erika is a qt.
Sep 17, 2017 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Erika have a bad attitude, I hope she change...
Sep 30, 2017 7:06 PM

Mar 2016
Nov 2, 2017 6:47 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby of an episode, looking forwards to see what's next!
Nov 11, 2017 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
Her little brother would get probably lost or injured when trying to find the dragon and that makes her stay in the city, callin it now, guys.

But at least they finally had all the pieces required for the festival (almost). I guess Shiori is Pixie then?
Nov 26, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
Its Erika's spotlight now. The third and last treasure is found.
Jan 7, 2018 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
kids are something else they can come up with a code that they don't know how to crack when they are adults lol

she thinks she can go to Tokyo by herself lol, i would put my face close to hers & say u know what happens with little girls who go in to big city alone? they are raped & drugged & then turn in to little sluts so ur trapped here until u graduate & can get a job of ur own, so until then ur trapped here what ever u like it or not (& its not a lie if they don't get back home at right time or cops wont find them this will happen eventually, this or life of crime), after that she is 2sacred to go :)
Sugram22Jan 7, 2018 6:28 AM
Jan 15, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
-somehow i think the OP is growing on me
-is this an erika episode
-please tell me this is an erika episode
-lucia x ririko
-i actually really like the way they're reviving the matsuri festival
-yooooooooooo erika promoted to main cast member for now
-something about that bedside conversation between yoshino and erika felt pretty heartwarming
- P I L L O W T A L K
-maki with the scheherezade gambit
-that was scheherezade, right
-i uh, never noticed the name of the restaurant until they brought it up
- 2 M A N L Y M E N sharing a drink together
-wait is that really how they're gonna get the dragon
-but
-you three literally just buried it and know where it is
-i will always know the song that started playing when noge opened the dream book as the one that played during the shrine scene

Well, currently this episode definitely just seems like the setup for the next festival relic, and it seems like the way of acquisition doesn't seem to interesting, but I ended up absolutely loving the way the drum got repaired. This show has a track record of surprising me so I'll withhold judgment until the end of the arc. However, the show also has a track record of having rather dull setup episodes, and this happened to be one of them. There's not really anything bad about them per se, they're just not where this show's strong points are located. The payoff is usually worth it, though. I think probably the only thing that really stood out to me in a positive manner this episode was the little bedtime conversation between Yoshino and Erika because it just continues to portray Yoshino as the main character who's a supporting character. Like, Yoshino barely has any backstory or character conflict of her own but is somehow able to do something in everyone else's character arcs. I just happened to think that was interesting, and her advice continues to be super heartfelt.
Jan 9, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2016
Another extremely relaxing and heartwarming episode! I really like the exploration of the struggles of a little village in an increasingly modernized and capitalist world. The scenery, music and the little backstories of the characters are just so easing. Really sad that it is about to end.
May 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
Laionidas said:
Lol at Yoshino not knowing what "pillow talk" is at all.

But can anybody explain to me Sandal-kun's "Patrasche" reference?
A Dog of Flanders reference, I believe.
Dec 18, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2016
Kinda meh compared to last episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.