Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, all hell broke loose this episode.

Hibiki vs Saint-Germain was intense. Not going to lie, Saint-Germain's battle form looks badass and definitely is stronger than I had expected. Glad to see Hibiki counterattack her though. I almost felt bad for Saint-Germain..I mean, such a cruel past.

Pretty intense episode.
Sep 9, 2017 11:48 AM
Aug 2017
Does anyone have a link? qwq
I can't seem to find raws...
Sep 9, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Shiiiiit! I did not expect that Zesshou! Although one probably could've guessed from the preview pics...

So Hibiki the Godkiller gets taken out by a flippin hat... -__- seriously?

Since the "idiots" unison didn't kill Germain, the likelihood of Cag and Prelati surviving to join up later just increased by a lot. I hope there are going to be some surprises in store for us because it's been pretty predictable so far.

I would be so happy if Tikki died horribly. In fact, I'd laugh with joy.

Sep 9, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2016
lol they dedicated entire episode focus on 4th wall breaking hibiki birthday reference
if I heard it correctly, st.german already killed 70.000+ people (she was counting while killing)
those random people at shrine almost useful for once, but then mr.full clothed sinbad come and ruin the day as usual, not even kirika zesshou can beat tiki mouth laser beam XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 9, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2017
Wtf is Adam's hat made of...?
Kirka... ;A; Mai kokoro hurts
Sep 9, 2017 4:40 PM

Sep 2015
This episode got a bit if HibiMiku in the beginning. Wish it was longer though. Also a bit of Chris' tsundere toward Hibiki.

Gotta admit, the starting tune of HibiKiri unison was hella catchy. Chills run through my spine when the song start. Can't wait for the full release. A quite intense fight compare to the Prelati one, Cagliostro is also quite intense though. As expected when it come to a unison attack with Hibiki, a simple but destructive attack. I mean what do you expect when you unison a weapon and a fist?

Also, as expected, only Hibiki manage to get through Saint German. Though I wish she could bring Cagliostro and Prelati too. I'm fine if they reveal that both are still alive, but right now, there are still no hint of them alive just like the autoscorers in previous season.

Saint German teaming up with Hibiki? Can Saint German unison with Hibiki, I wonder. That would be really cool if they could. I'm expecting Hibiki's second song in next episode, probably along with a new power up or something like that.

Overall, 5/5 episode!
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 10, 2017 4:42 PM
Jun 2017
Hibiki & Kirika duo song is Amazing! I dind't expect that. Really catchy, I think it will be my favourite this season. Unless Saint Germain pulls off better song, cuz I think Saint Germain gets character song this season.

I think Cagliostro and Prelati will screw up Adam's plans somehow. I don't think they are dead, as the alchemists have powers to transfer their minds through different bodies. Maybe they will even show their "true" form.

ramenshoujo said:

I would be so happy if Tikki died horribly. In fact, I'd laugh with joy.

I know, right. She is really really annoying. It was really funny when she crash landed on the concrete.

GangsterCat said:

if I heard it correctly, st.german already killed 70.000+ people (she was counting while killing)

She later said: Yes! 32831 sacrifices and 40977 victims! Burdened by the sin and its weight, I cannot allow myself to change my mind anymore.

32831 + 40977 + Prelati + Cagliostro + Saint Germain = 73811. She accounted herself in... Too many victims.

But, I didn't get the difference between 32831 and 40977...
Feather90Sep 10, 2017 5:26 PM
Sep 10, 2017 7:28 PM

Mar 2008
Honestly I still think Cagliostro and Prelati are dead. Neither of them appear to be on the level of Carol. If Saint Germain thinks they are dead, I can't imagine they managed on their own to construct a system to resurrect their minds and memories into new bodies.

I'm a bit more immediately concerned for Kirika. She's down, but it seems like she'll be ok if they can grab her for medical treatment in a hurry. And the job to keeping her safe while taking down Adam is up to Hibiki and Saint Germain. Get the job done! Unsettling enough just hearing Shirabe crying out as Genjuro was giving orders.

Time to bring down Adam and his creepy doll!
Sep 12, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
Huh I guess Sinbad is not only an alchemist, but also a master of hat-fu.
That throw would make even Oddjob proud.

Also why the heck isn't Genjuro there kicking ass? There's no noise around so he could just go and beat the crap out of Sinbad himself.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 12, 2017 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Did...did Adam one-shot Hibiki with a f*cking HAT??? Can that even be considered alchemy? Episode was pretty intense and it looks like Gungnir is the key to defeating the Divine Power. Kinda makes sense since Gungnir is the weapon of Odin, who's a god of Norse mythology.

And we finally got a Zesshou (wathever is the real translation, I don't trsut Commie). I thought the writers of the show had completely forgotten about it since the girls went to some real though fights but never used it.
Sep 12, 2017 1:33 PM

May 2015

Only one action scene this episode, but another great one.

Saint Germain carrying on with the plan and having no time to lament for her fallen comrades.

Hibiki's birthday came at a bad time. I hope this season ends well for everyone to have that party.

Hibiki and Kirika's duet sounded really catchy. I think it's my favorite of the three. I want it!

We got to see Saint Germain's Faust Robe in action this time. So she has a Gunblade for melee combat, hidden elbow guns to shoot at various angles, vulcan cannons on her head like most Gundams do, and gun boots reminiscent of Bayonetta. What really surprised me though is her ability to create portals for her bullets to hit at unexpected angles. If Saint Germain is going to team up with the Symphogears, then there better be a scene where she teams up with Chris and go all out guns blazing.

"Two Shouts, One Love." A spinning punch boosted by Kirika's jet pack. Probably the most underwhelming unison attack compared to the other two. I was expecting the Tinkerbell Tornado with Hibiki standing on top of it, or at least something involving the Slasher Jabberwock since that's Kirika's signature finishing move. Also...all of these unison attacks involve the Symphogears joining together like a Super Robot...what happens when all six combine?

_Peksi said:

Also why the heck isn't Genjuro there kicking ass? There's no noise around so he could just go and beat the crap out of Sinbad himself.

Lol, looks like I'm not the only one who knows who Oddjob is. Hibiki losing to a hat is gonna create one heck of a meme in the Symphogear fanbase. I loled when it came back to Adam like a boomerang. Maybe it's his Faust Robe? I really do want Genjuro out there, but I think it's because of his role as a commander to stay back and coordinate the team.

Kichre02 said:

Adam-antium of course...

Tiki unleashes a nuclear blast, but Kirika uses her swan song to defend against it. I personally liked Kirika the least among the Symphogears, but this small development of hers reminded me of her optimistic behavior and made me appreciate her more. Also, I was wondering who was going to get the bleeding eyes this season. Season 1 was Tsubasa (STRAWBERRY JAM!), G was Serena, GX was Maria, and now AXZ with Kirika. Saint Germain was duped and now joins Hibiki to fight Adam. However, they just got done beating each other up, so they won't be in full condition to fight Adam. Kirika's out for the count, so what I'm guessing will happen next episode is that Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, and Shirabe will arrive to hold off Adam while Hibiki and Saint-Germain retreat with Kirika to receive medical attention. If this does happen, then it makes me hopeful for one last character interaction that I was anticipating to take place: Saint-Germain and Elfnein. The Alchemists were aware of Carol and her defeat, but were they aware that Carol left one of her "kin" behind, that kin being Elfnein? This is the last character interaction that I want to see, and it will probably lead to the climax of the season. We got three episodes to go, so they got plenty of time to make that happen.

Feather90 said:

I think Cagliostro and Prelati will screw up Adam's plans somehow. I don't think they are dead, as the alchemists have powers to transfer their minds through different bodies. Maybe they will even show their "true" form.

I was thinking about the alchemists doing this where they transfer their soul to another body and remain in hiding. I'm probably overthinking it again, but I'm bored so....SPECULATION!

At the end of Episode 8 after Cagliostro's defeat, Chris says this:

Feather90 said:

She later said: Yes! 32831 sacrifices and 40977 victims! Burdened by the sin and its weight, I cannot allow myself to change my mind anymore.

32831 + 40977 + Prelati + Cagliostro + Saint Germain = 73811. She accounted herself in... Too many victims.

I was wondering about that too, but when I looked back on Episode 8, I figured it out. Sacrifice is when the body is converted into gold. Victim is a death that was not converted. Take a look at this:

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Cagliostro, Chris, and Maria.
Prelati, Tsubasa, and Shirabe.
Saint Germain, Hibiki, and Kirika.

The three characters in each group all share something in common. What is it?
TarotistSep 12, 2017 2:13 PM
Sep 12, 2017 2:14 PM
Jun 2017
@Tarotist
Thanks for the explanation about victims and sacrifices. This is definitely what Saint Germain was thinking. I'm so stupid. xD

I'm not so sure about the "Soul Transfer" idea...

------------------------------------------------

Also, another one of my speculations...

Feather90Sep 12, 2017 2:22 PM
Sep 12, 2017 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
Tarotist said:

Saint Germain carrying on with the plan and having no time to lament for her fallen comrades.

Hibiki's birthday came at a bad time. I hope this season ends well for everyone to have that party.

Hibiki and Kirika's duet sounded really catchy. I think it's my favorite of the three. I want it!

We got to see Saint Germain's Faust Robe in action this time. So she has a Gunblade for melee combat, hidden elbow guns to shoot at various angles, vulcan cannons on her head like most Gundams do, and gun boots reminiscent of Bayonetta. What really surprised me though is her ability to create portals for her bullets to hit at unexpected angles. If Saint Germain is going to team up with the Symphogears, then there better be a scene where she teams up with Chris and go all out guns blazing.

"Two Shouts, One Love." A spinning punch boosted by Kirika's jet pack. Probably the most underwhelming unison attack compared to the other two. I was expecting the Tinkerbell Tornado with Hibiki standing on top of it, or at least something involving the Slasher Jabberwock since that's Kirika's signature finishing move. Also...all of these unison attacks involve the Symphogears joining together like a Super Robot...what happens when all six combine?

_Peksi said:

Lol, looks like I'm not the only one who knows who Oddjob is. Hibiki losing to a hat is gonna create one heck of a meme in the Symphogear fanbase. I loled when it came back to Adam like a boomerang. Maybe it's his Faust Robe? I really do want Genjuro out there, but I think it's because of his role as a commander to stay back and coordinate the team.

Kichre02 said:

Adam-antium of course...

Tiki unleashes a nuclear blast, but Kirika uses her swan song to defend against it. I personally liked Kirika the least among the Symphogears, but this small development of hers reminded me of her optimistic behavior and made me appreciate her more. Also, I was wondering who was going to get the bleeding eyes this season. Season 1 was Tsubasa (STRAWBERRY JAM!), G was Serena, GX was Maria, and now AXZ with Kirika. Saint Germain was duped and now joins Hibiki to fight Adam. However, they just got done beating each other up, so they won't be in full condition to fight Adam. Kirika's out for the count, so what I'm guessing will happen next episode is that Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, and Shirabe will arrive to hold off Adam while Hibiki and Saint-Germain retreat with Kirika to receive medical attention. If this does happen, then it makes me hopeful for one last character interaction that I was anticipating to take place: Saint-Germain and Elfnein. The Alchemists were aware of Carol and her defeat, but were they aware that Carol left one of her "kin" behind, that kin being Elfnein? This is the last character interaction that I want to see, and it will probably lead to the climax of the season. We got three episodes to go, so they got plenty of time to make that happen.

Feather90 said:

I was thinking about the alchemists doing this where they transfer their soul to another body and remain in hiding. I'm probably overthinking it again, but I'm bored so....SPECULATION!

Feather90 said:

I was wondering about that too, but when I looked back on Episode 8, I figured it out. Sacrifice is when the body is converted into gold. Victim is a death that was not converted. Take a look at this:

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Answering your pop quiz here but I'm gonna go off on a limb and say this:

Cagliostro, Chris and Maria share burdens of the past
Prelati, Tsubasa and Shirabe share burdens of the present
Saint-Germain, Hibiki and Kirika share burdens of the future
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 12, 2017 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was straight fire. Things are getting intense as hell and we still have 3 episodes left to go. I'm feeling some plot twists coming along.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 12, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2015
Tarotist said:

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Let's see..
Cagliostro, Chris, and Maria = Big breast?
Prelati, Tsubasa and Shirabe = Small breast?
Saint German, Hibiki and Kirikia = Normal breast?

I'm sorry for my dirty mind.. That's all that I can relate with the pairings.

Also, talking about Hibiki's birthday.. I've got a feeling that something bad would happen to Hibiki before her birthday, what's with the show somehow keep talking about Hibiki's birthday since episode 1. Just a feeling but I really hope something bad doesn't happen to her. The team would fall without her.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 12, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2015
Tarotist said:

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Zantius said:

Well that...was an unexpected answer. Not bad though...

AoNeko90 said:

Let's see..

^_^
Sep 12, 2017 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
Tarotist said:
Tarotist said:

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Zantius said:

Well that...was an unexpected answer. Not bad though...

AoNeko90 said:

Let's see..

^_^

Went deep there lol
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 12, 2017 6:14 PM

Nov 2010
Tarotist said:
TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

Group 1:

Group 2:

Group 3:

In any case... while I'm keeping the fangirling inside me... this was one heck of an episode, and HibiKiri unison song was, to me, best of the three. Also fight vs Saint-Germain was badass, she have put most resistance of the three; Cagliostro is second, but most of the time, Chris and Maria were fighting separately (until Ignition), but here Hibiki and Kirika went in pair, with Ignite, right off the bat.

Regarding Cagliostro and Prelati, I don't think they're dead. Especially not since Cagliostro mentioned she "still has some tricks up her sleeve", and Prelati deciding to gamble on that. I doubt both of them will just rush to their death like that.
AuriochSep 12, 2017 6:19 PM
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
Another really great episode, on par with Episode 8. Kirika and Hibiki's unison song was amazing, as soon as I can find a full version of it, I'm going to binge it for a week.

Felt like Tiki suddenly up'ed her creepy factor in this episode, which incidentally made watching her just collapse on the ground all the more entertaining.

I like how Saint Germain's hell turn feels like only a half-turn, with her basically stating she and Hibiki are still enemies, but for right now they will work together to fight a common enemy.

Kirika's Swan Song had a lot of impact here. And her backstory was good too - I like her statement that her being naive lets others place their burdens on her.
Sep 12, 2017 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
Kichre02 said:

Divine power, obviously :D

....a much more realistic explanation is that he's likely wearing his faust robe or something.
Sep 13, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Adam just owned Hibiki with a f*cking hat... This series it's just insane.

Also, Saint-Germain gets shocked because the shady dude who is always smiling and doesn't cares if he kills some of his allies to achieve God's power actually wants it all just for himself... She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, that's for sure.

I woldn't worry for Kirika, tbh, main characters doesn't die in Symphogear. I will be really shocked if they end killing her, but I don't see that happening.
Sep 13, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Huh...well that's surprising. Kirika stated that she didn't know her true birthday right?

FUN FACT!: Hibiki's birthday (September 13) also happens to be the birthday of Kirika's seiyuu, Ai Kayano.
Sep 16, 2017 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
oh man!, is there any form of power that could rival the Swan song but doesn't have any drawbacks?
Deicide? A power far more powerful than that of Ignite module? I bet Hibiki would be the first one to acquire and try it...
eye! Saint-Germain is now their ally!...even if she killed 70k+ people i'm happy she switched sides. But she must pay for her sins in the end or maybe sacrifice herself in-order to stop adam or something like that...
5/5.

Sep 16, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
matias067 said:
oh man!, is there any form of power that could rival the Swan song but doesn't have any drawbacks?
Deicide? A power far more powerful than that of Ignite module? I bet Hibiki would be the first one to acquire and try it...

Episode 11 - Well, looks like Hibiki did manage to gain new power. Power far, far, far more powerful than Swan Song and Ignite Module.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 17, 2017 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
This episode had me crying Kirkia, noooo. ;;
Watch IDOLiSH7.
Sep 21, 2017 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
Nice battle and song, kirika :'(
EVEN SO XD
Sep 23, 2017 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
"Even so." This episode was great!

Hibiki and Kirika might be the most annoying characters in this anime but their song was awesome!!!!!

Then... Kirika swan-song?! EPIC!
I actually thought they might kill her off, but I guess they'll saver her with that linker overdose.
(It's not like others haven't used their swan-songs and not died either.)

SaintGermain switched sides about as easily as Anakin.
Adam is trying to be Oddjob with that hat-throw.

Tarotist said:
_Peksi said:

Lol, looks like I'm not the only one who knows who Oddjob is. Hibiki losing to a hat is gonna create one heck of a meme in the Symphogear fanbase.
Here ya go:

Symphohat?
BurntJellySep 23, 2017 6:14 PM
Nov 15, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! Though, it's kinda surprising how St. Germain suddenly switch sides on the last minute. I mean, I know she doesn't trust Adam, but why it took her so long?! Hundred of years!?! If she already know it's useless why even bother aligning yourself with him?

This maybe one of the few villains who actually helps the main cast at the end. The last one was Maria, Kirika and Shirabe's team who became a permanent team member.

I kinda doubt St Germain will be a Symphogear user(since the show has distinct themes and they probably want a new theme for XV), but hopefully she at least survives in this. Since, I've seen too many last fights where the enemy always dies at the end.

Except for Tiki and Adam though. They can both die XD
Nov 23, 2018 9:26 AM

May 2016
DedPanda said:
Tarotist said:

Adam-antium of course...

TIME FOR A POP QUIZ!

How on earth was Saint-Germain able to keep track of that menny numbers?
Nov 23, 2018 9:27 AM

May 2016
SomaHeir said:
Amazing episode! Though, it's kinda surprising how St. Germain suddenly switch sides on the last minute. I mean, I know she doesn't trust Adam, but why it took her so long?! Hundred of years!?! If she already know it's useless why even bother aligning yourself with him?

This maybe one of the few villains who actually helps the main cast at the end. The last one was Maria, Kirika and Shirabe's team who became a permanent team member.

I kinda doubt St Germain will be a Symphogear user(since the show has distinct themes and they probably want a new theme for XV), but hopefully she at least survives in this. Since, I've seen too many last fights where the enemy always dies at the end.

Except for Tiki and Adam though. They can both die XD

Adam and Tiki are both terrible people that don't need any whatsoever hope. Adam atleast puts on a show for us, but Tiki is rather annyoing.
Nov 23, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2016
Hibiki vs Saint-Germain was intense. Not going to lie, Saint-Germain's battle form looks badass and definitely is stronger than I had expected. Glad to see Hibiki counterattack her though. I almost felt bad for Saint-Germain..I mean, such a cruel past.Amazing episode! Though, it's kinda surprising how St. Germain suddenly switch sides on the last minute.

Pretty intense episode.
Aug 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, that unison was pretty badass.

What have you done Kirika? ;_;
Dec 26, 2020 5:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Is that guys hat made of vibranium or something what the shit

So up until now whenever I decided to watch another episode of symphogear it was like “ok, guess I’ll watch another one” but now, I’m like, “PLAY NEXT RIGHT NOW PLAY NEXT” hibike vs saint germain was the best fight so far, and if they actually have the balls to kill kiriki green loli witch girl off, hats off to them.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 10, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Kirika. :(

At least Saint-Germain realized she was being used by Adam.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:00 AM
Jun 14, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2014
YO Kirika better not die she's my favorite ;_____;

Really intense episode!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
"People need to change as people." Yeah, right. I wish that were possible for humans. World War 1 should've been the last war fought; we wouldn't be heading towards a capitalist dystopia, and wealth should've been spread fairly throughout the world if that were the case. As of 2023, people still die meaningless deaths daily for the dreams and ambitions of the top 1%, people in power, or stupid actions from their fellows. This cycle will continue until we go extinct and humans stop being humans and accept transhumanism.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

46 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.