Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one was...interesting.

Sep 27, 2012 6:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hmm, yes. I rarely get confused by what I watch, but this episode I was finding myself agreeing with Yumi - I was confused as to what was going on between Shimako, Satou and Shizuka Kanina. I kinda get it, but...
Nov 18, 2012 10:48 AM
Sep 2012
The kiss at the end was odd.
May 14, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
I liked the kiss; they are two most beautiful people in this anime... Ok, I understand that Sei is with Shimako

Sep 22, 2013 8:59 PM
Jan 2013
Weird episode.
Most of it made little sense, but that kiss really came out of nowhere. What was the point of that?
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Feb 8, 2014 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
The setting is an all-girls school. The student council is called YamaYURIkai. You shouldn't be surprised if there's a kiss between two girls :p And if I recall correctly, in the LN the kiss wasn't on the lips, it's actually on the side of the lips. And really, have you tried looking at your reflection on another person's eyes? You have to be reaaaally close to do that haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 3, 2015 9:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
6 episodes later the first Yuri kiss comes from Rosa Gigantea and Rosa Canina. A bit of drama between Shachiko and Yumi who wants Sachiko to rely on her more. I view Sachiko's behavior towards Yumi quite nicely. She doesn't want to make her feel pressured nor does she want to involve her in her problems. Like Rosa Canina said, if Sachiko asks for help then go help her.

Mar 23, 2015 4:43 AM

Jul 2012
I wasn't expecting a kiss! What a pleasant surprise :D

My understanding is Rosa Canina was in love with Sei. These two make a good pairing. Too bad she'll likely be gone for the rest of the season.
Jul 30, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
Aw, was hoping Rosa Canina would play a bigger role in the show. She was growing on me fast, a really intriguing one. The first yuri action arrives, I was starting to forget that this was shoujo-ai.
Jan 15, 2016 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Alright, mostly bored this episode.
Feb 27, 2017 1:00 PM
Aug 2014
So Rosa Canina ran to get closer to Rosa Gigantea and Rosa Gigantea wanted Shimako to run of her own volition which is why she didn't say anything.
Sep 7, 2017 9:13 AM
Nov 2015
So much service so much service. Good that Canina is an understanding girl, "I'm not Shimako-san".

Love the Kansai dialect at the end.
Sep 7, 2017 9:15 AM
Nov 2015
Lorezhno said:
So Rosa Canina ran to get closer to Rosa Gigantea and Rosa Gigantea wanted Shimako to run of her own volition which is why she didn't say anything.

WWWWaaa!! So deeeep!!! I totally missed the "Rosa Gigantea wanted Shimako to run of her own volition" part. Thanks.
Animes focused on human feelings are pretty hard to follow.
Sep 7, 2017 9:17 AM
Nov 2015
skreyola said:
Weird episode.
Most of it made little sense, but that kiss really came out of nowhere. What was the point of that?

Not really nowhere. Rosa Gigantea acknowledges Rosa Canina's effort, so she granted her a kiss which she always desired. To make her feel good. That's all.
Aug 15, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2018
ahh so first years can become a rose or was it only because she was the little sister of a rose that she was able to run ??? thought it was only the 2nd years that could become roses
Dec 5, 2020 1:30 PM

Aug 2018
Em.. Elections it's good.. But do girls that are in the council already - do they enjoy this, to begin with?.. Being there?.. We don't know too much about that, actually..
Sei is like: "Eh?.. Really?.." ;D A bit out of her character, actually.. Usually she is the one, who was providing Yumi with her own different opinions on all kinds of things.. ;P
And here we get that actually Shimako indeed isn't that fancy of the being in council, but rather with her sister.. So yeah..
I don't know about Sei, to be honest.. In this situation Shizuka's love, or what was those feelings towards Sei - were quite strange.. And for Sei to give parting kiss to Shizuka?.. I don't know.. It feels I probably have different opinion on many things with Sei.. Maybe?.. As I kinda don't understand her in many things as well, including this one as well, really.. In this situation Sei gives an aura of playa or something.. But she also doesn't really seem like character like this.. Though, she's also picking on Yumi from time to time, even kissing her once.. So Sei is really strange for me, really.. I personally wouldn't use love sphere and love plays for whatever reasons she is using them.. But also there is a feel that she might actually be achieving something.. But.. Also a feel that she can destroy some things.. Oh well..
Sep 20, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2020
We are halfway through this series, and yet it hasn't piqued my interest. Gonna be dropping the series from here.

Despite one of my favorite series that focuses on characterization (Oregairu s2), I particularly didn't find an interest in this one.

This show was relatively unique in its school system, character interaction, and formality. Even though it didn't pique my interest, It was worth a shot.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Nov 18, 2021 9:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Don’t typically post on older mal posts like this one, but figured I would a few times for this series.

This was an interesting one for sure, it was focused on the election of the next Lady Roses (which are the student council members pretty much) and it was really focused on the pairing of Shimako and Sei, as well as a new girl named Kanina but goes by Rosa Canina. I’m not totally sure on what the relationship Sei and Kanina had was, but it appears she may have had something with Sei giving how she was proposed to be her little sister before, idk for sure but that kiss they shared meant something I’m sure, for Kanina especially.

I liked Rosa Canina quite a bit too, sad she’s definitely never gonna be seen again after this episode I’m guessing. Also I’m convinced those election results were rigged lol, all those en boutons conveniently getting the ticket, it was a setup I tell you!
Apr 15, 2022 8:40 PM

Jun 2014
Rosa Canina really liked Rosa Gigantea, but the two were not to be. Rosa Gigantea gave her that kiss, I believe mainly to soothe Rosa Canina, as the two will probably never see each other again.

Aug 29, 2022 6:54 PM
Mar 2016
I suppose this might be a case of cultural divide here. But I really don't understand why Yumi was so angry at Gigantea's attitude. Not forcing someone to do something they don't want to do, is generally a good and considerate thing. But here the argument is to force your significant other into situations they don't want to be in because of social expectations and the idea it might be good for them. And being considerate of another person's feelings and allowing them the freedom to make their own choices with unconditional support for either decision is somehow unkind.

Feels like a very bougouise mindset, but then I suppose this is a private school.
Sep 19, 2023 12:16 PM
Nov 2009
It was normal. The biggest problem with this anime (and others like it) is that the characters talk and act very dramatic and look like they are struggling a lot, but they don't actually do anything. Like, come on, I'm watching episode 6 and all they do is sit in their mini-mansion, literally do nothing with very serious faces and talk like there's a lot of problems and drama going on. They don't even study.

I liked Rosa Canina btw, she was pretty straight-forward without all these "ano...👉👈". Got lolkeks everytime I heard her name with that serious tone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 4 Discussion

Cratex - Sep 27, 2012

12 by ObedPM »»
Aug 12, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 8 Discussion

Cratex - Sep 28, 2012

16 by Akaseaka »»
Jun 6, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 13 Discussion

HappyPear - Jul 8, 2009

25 by KingYoshi »»
May 31, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 1 Discussion

skriticos - Jul 3, 2009

29 by silentxblue »»
Jul 6, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 3 Discussion

Cratex - Aug 12, 2012

17 by Joey-XD19202 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.