Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was interesting as it showcases Playmaker trying to find out the secret of his past.

Playmaker's such a daredevil tbh. Not afraid of taking any risks even if it means hacking the system. The system had some AI that tried to fight him so I thought it was rather thrilling to see Playmaker try to overcome the obstacle. Blue Angel is also back!
Aug 30, 2017 3:46 AM
Jun 2011
and once again blue angel and playmaker are even in the saving each outher count
Aug 30, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2016
I'm just waiting for them to reveal Roger as the director of SOL Technologies.
Aug 30, 2017 5:49 AM
Sep 2012
So we have robot duelist, and this new CEO he is just one dimensional scumbag ain't he. I wonder what info Yusaku can find. I am glad Emma said she didn't throw a duel so Yusaku's win is not cheapen, I am glad to hear that.

So Yusaku and Aoi tag duel I am excited, maybe this will open Yusaku's eyes to not try to do everything by himself and we can start to form our team here.
Aug 30, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2016
That was really cool and intense watching Playmaker navigate all that.

Good old Kuriboh in there to take any damage.

Oh my, Playmaker lost all his cards before he had a turn, reminds me of the old Wind-Up hand loop combo.

Great save there by Blue Angel, returning the favour.

Looking forward to the next episode to see how the duel turns out.
Aug 30, 2017 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
That was pretty good. You don't need an episode full of duel to be interesting.

I think somewhere along the line, there will be an AI uprising. When the director says AI is only meant to be used by human and not the other way around, it just screaming to be proven wrong.

Aug 30, 2017 7:02 AM

Dec 2014
So Sphere Kuriboh is a thing now. xD

Good episode though, that hand destruction on Yuusaku was pretty insane. Really interested in how he's gonna turn this around.

Blue Angel is back, 2 duels at the same time should be fun.
Aug 30, 2017 7:57 AM

May 2015
freaking deck destruction decks man... even chain burn is more fun to play against than that shit sigh.
Aug 30, 2017 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
This episode just tingled my shipping sense too much lol.
Aug 30, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
So you don't need to directly go to VRAINS to have avatar? you can use other device to log into VRAINS? interesting!

And those AI really just a toy they just attack the board on speed duel and try to get Playmaker's duel disk.

Pls be a tag duel betwen Playmaker and Blue Angel come on.
Into the Internet!
Aug 30, 2017 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
Trickstar is a good match for hand destruction. If they send monster to the grave (preferably Lycross then Lilybell) there is chance that they will send Reincarnation to the grave too. Revive Lilybell and direct atk so you can get Lycross then use it's eff to add Lilybell to the hand and use Lilybell eff to special summon itself. Well that just some duel rambling.

Anyway why do I feel that VRAINS is going to get half the length than other previous series? Amybe because the plot is moving faster than any other series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 30, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
Dont know if its intentional but kind of like the idea of playmaker and blue angel back and forth bailing the other out , yusaku saved her from the dragon in ep 1, she saved him from falling in ep 3, he saved from a coma, now she saves him from an ai duel.

Fun episode, had a nice mix of slice of life, adventure, and dueling. I hope the show manages to keep this nice variety in check instead of giving into only being a commercial first. Obviously its here to sell cards but I think so far vrains has felt alot less blatant in that than previous entries.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2017 12:09 PM
Mar 2010
ZBlastHistory said:
So you don't need to directly go to VRAINS to have avatar? you can use other device to log into VRAINS? interesting!

The way that I have interpreted it is, VRAINS and SOL Technologies are two separate 'servers'. Obviously not every joe-soap can get into SOL and are using the most popular 'server'. If that is the case, I would imagine there is more than just VRAINS, SOL etc.

I may be wrong though.
Aug 30, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
Blue Angel saved him in the end.
Aug 30, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
So is this gonna be a 2 vs 2 or 2 separate 1 vs 1?

And I like how they put emphasis on that duels are suppose to be 1 vs 1 when previous YGO's have done far more ridiculous stuff like 1 vs 3 and 3 vs 5+ with constant swap out.
Aug 30, 2017 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
Blue Angel's theme is catchy af.
I like how all of the cards that Yusaku was forced to discard have effects that activate when they hit GY.Really shows that hand/deck destruction in the current game just gives more advantage to your opponent.
Please let Spheare Kuriboh be an actual card with a text and not a blatant Duel Links shoutout so that we can comfirm the existance of Rituals
And apparently Akira is at Ema's house.At night.Alone.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 30, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2010
Ok I just had to say something about the script of this episode, most of if was fine up to the duel in the mother computer where Ghost Girl says "why is Playmaker having so much trouble?", like wtf was he supposed to do because the AI went first and nuked his hand leaving him with nothing to use, he didn't even get a turn to do anything so what's this "having so much trouble" shit, bitch I don't know a YuGiOh player alive who can play well when they have no cards on their hand before they even get a turn.

Did they even proof read this script?
Aug 31, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
Arc V has ingrained it in me so much, I was waiting for the AI to say"intrusion penalty, -2000 LP"
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 1, 2017 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
I got Wind-Up Hand Loop PTSD flashbacks by watching this episode.
Sep 3, 2017 6:35 AM
Sep 2017
Can't wait to the next episode
Blue angel will use the best burn deck ever
Oct 8, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2008
Cool, the return of the Kuriboh! Shame that is was an old one. I dont think Sphere ever got an anime showing but frick, this was the perfect moment to introduce an new Kuriboh. I want more =o

Anyway, Hand destruction decks =_= Sure, as mentioned before the current Meta thrives on Gy effects. Heck the last few duels gave us quite a few of double activation traps, but seeing Yusaku lose all his cards without having the chance to play them ? Spiteful, seriously agrevating.

Jryou said:
Ok I just had to say something about the script of this episode, most of if was fine up to the duel in the mother computer where Ghost Girl says "why is Playmaker having so much trouble?", like wtf was he supposed to do because the AI went first and nuked his hand leaving him with nothing to use, he didn't even get a turn to do anything so what's this "having so much trouble" shit, bitch I don't know a YuGiOh player alive who can play well when they have no cards on their hand before they even get a turn.

Did they even proof read this script?

''having so much trouble'' can also be taken as ''why did Playmaker let it get so far'' Ghost girl lost to him, it would probably damege her pride to see the one who defeated her lose. Plus, she is counting on him to be an distraction, a long one. Having him lose in turn two would really put a damper on it.
Still, it is a spitful line to read on the fly, could've worded it better either the translation team or the show writers.
PunkbeetleOct 8, 2017 9:00 AM
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Dec 18, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2015
is it a tag duel? find out next time on the next episode of Dragonb... oops wrong anime.
Feb 7, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2007
Yay Blue Angel to the rescue! I hope this duel is 2 vs 2 since Yusaku needs the help, but if they each take one out I'll still be happy.

Ridleys said:
This episode just tingled my shipping sense too much lol.
Same. Though I've been feeling that with these two since the beginning lol
Feb 8, 2018 2:52 AM

May 2016
The episode was kinda boring and repetive, imo
Jul 23, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Aoi isn't allowed to leave.
Ghost Girl.
Ghost Girl notices Aoi.
Into the VRAINS!
Kuriball? A new Kuriboh.
Playmaker scared to duel 2 on 1?
Speed Duel!
No hand.
Blue Angel saved Playmaker.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 25, 2022 5:38 AM
May 2021
Pretty boring, but hey, Blue Angel is back.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 110 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 9, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 108 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 7, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 98 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 5, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
May 29, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.