Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 2017 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
It was rather dull like something was missing and I just couldn't figure it out.

The sound and animation was kinda eh. The mains don't really look like high school students either but that could be cause I've watched to many cutesy art animes lol
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami
Jul 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2015
After wathching this show,,,, My left ear hurts..
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Jul 6, 2017 11:28 PM

Jan 2015
I thought it was a shoujo judging by the character designs, but didn't exactly feel like it so far. It was okay I guess, main character felt plain for now but it's just the first episode, so I won't bother much. The female lead, Mashiki, is really cute, really liked her character design. At first I thought Towa would be a bit annoying, but to be honest he was the best character on this first episode.

The running scene at the beginning was so long that I felt it was some comedy sketch, jesus. I hope they develop the characters personality a bit better and avoid love triangles. Another simple and anime-original romance that will most likely have a closed ending, count me in on this.
Jul 6, 2017 11:34 PM

Sep 2013
Usually, I look at a lot of descriptions and reviews before I pick up a show because I don't like to waste my time, but sometimes I see a brief description or even just a title and end up watching something. If I watch part of an episode and decide not to go further, I won't even put it on my list. This was a spur-of-the-moment show. While drinking a shot of Campari (and possibly feeling its effects), I looked at the season line-up on Crunchyroll and, without giving it much thought, I watched this episode. So far, it doesn't really stand out from the crowd, but it puts a smile on my face, and I'm not the sort of person who smiles regularly, so perhaps there is something to it. Maybe it won't go anywhere, but I see enough potential that I'll continue watching, so I have put it on my list. Even if it just ends up being mindless fun, I'll be satisfied - after a long, boring day at work, I like a little mindless fun. If it ends up being something more than that, then I'll be glad that I picked it up while under the influence of Campari. Or maybe it will turn out to be dull and mediocre, and I will wish that I hadn't started it. Time will tell.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Jul 7, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Dropped! couldn't bring myself to watch more than 3 minute! The long running and their actions didn't make sense to me.

(well maybe watching dc made me more analytical by this time? well bad luck for this anime to appear to me at a wrong time)
Jul 7, 2017 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
Why has no one mentioned the ridiculous cast for this anime? Let's see...KugiRie, Yukarin, Hocchan, Miyuki Sawashiro and Ami Koshimizu. Then you've got Hiroshi Kamiya and Takahiro Sakurai. Can anyone explain why this otherwise very dull show has such an all-star cast?

I want to drop this, but it's hard to do when KugiRie, Yukarin and Hocchan are all in the same anime together.
Jul 7, 2017 1:51 AM

Apr 2017
It's..
An OK

3.56/5

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
Many ships huh... and a lot of them...how generic can this be?
so everyone that visited the konbini would eventually end-up together as partners?
3/5.

Mormegil said:
Why has no one mentioned the ridiculous cast for this anime? Let's see...KugiRie, Yukarin, Hocchan, Miyuki Sawashiro and Ami Koshimizu. Then you've got Hiroshi Kamiya and Takahiro Sakurai. Can anyone explain why this otherwise very dull show has such an all-star cast?

I want to drop this, but it's hard to do when KugiRie, Yukarin and Hocchan are all in the same anime together.

same with Battle Girl High School...all star girls cast! lolz but mediocre show.

Jul 7, 2017 2:55 AM
Nov 2016
The characters are pretty plain and the story isn't anything special but it's sort of soothing to watch an anime which depicts normal life as opposed to something else.

The Pacing is okay. The depiction of the relationships are good too. Let's see what happens from here.
Jul 7, 2017 4:02 AM

Jan 2016
I wasn't feeling it tbh. The art looks very plain and something's wrong with their faces. It's like they don't show any emotion at all ;-;

But idk.. it's just the first episode so my opinion can change. Plus the cast is so good like?? I'm still going to watch this even if I think this is pretty lame (at least for now)
Jul 7, 2017 5:15 AM
Sep 2016
The animation was not that good. Their movements are so static and it's quite bothering.

Story-wise, I think it was okay.
Jul 7, 2017 5:48 AM

May 2017
Watched this in a group, and we got so bored that we started to give everyone new dialogue with at least one mandatory mention of "7-11" per line. This is probably in the "You had to be there" category but we laughed our asses off for ten minutes straight just mercilessly cracking on it. Best line of the night, in reference to the animation: "Forget brain freeze, I get whole body freeze at 7-11!"

Yeah... I have too much of a backlog to continue visiting this 7-11. Let me know later what happened at 7-11.

Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jul 7, 2017 6:56 AM

Jun 2013
shit that was boring
Jul 7, 2017 7:13 AM

Jul 2006
The animation was off for me, it looked weird. The story looks good but you didn't really get to know the characters.
Jul 7, 2017 7:16 AM

Mar 2016
Mhmmmm I think I'll need a few more episodes for this one... the characters just are clicking yet!

Except the class rep I like her!
UrbanJahtsJul 7, 2017 5:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
While i know it's not tagged as romance, i just want from this to blow my ass off just like Tsuki ga Kirei did. Can't wait for more...
Jul 7, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2014
well the first episode was a little plain but let's see what happens
Jul 7, 2017 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
Wasn't that bad. Likable chars. But since I'm not in the mood for a more happy SoL-ish show (+ too many other stuff this season) I won't continue to watch this.
Jul 7, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Another romance anime. Looking forward to it.

Nothing much happened apart from the characters being introduced. It will be fun to watch the couples.

Jul 7, 2017 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Well it's okay for now i didn't really enjoy this episode and the characters are not that good because they still haven't introduced them properly and fully , but Mami is really cute tho , well i kinda liked Towa's character he's energetic and he got balls especially when he said " But seriously , You are cute " i was like ^* Good job boy 👏👏 *^ ... Well ima give it a couple more of episodes and let's just see how it progresses , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 7, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2017
It feels too generic... I'll give it some episodes to see if it's worth watching.
Jul 7, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
Wow that was a very boring episode!

Not really liking the blond boy voice. But when he got serious and used his deeper voice I went a little "kyaa~" lmao

Not sure if I want to continue this but I'm liking Towa and Class rep interaction. Also I like Towa and The Brunette guy relationship.

Overall it's pretty boring and repetitive. The way they told the story is also a bit weird and not engaging...

Pretty tempted to just drop it but I'll see one more episode just to see more Towa with the class rep and his childhood friend.
Jul 7, 2017 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
I...really, really loved this episode. I don't know why, but I started grinning when that guy hit on the class rep and then the other girl is really cute and...I don't know, I just really love this anime. I didn't think I would though.
The protag is a little bland but that's okay.
Jul 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, this is just like Amagami SS except that this is Amagami SS Couples arc.
Jul 7, 2017 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
Hahahaha that intro run 🤣 they thought we wouldn't notice? 🤣
The direction and timing of this episode is so bad... It's sad, maybe it's a new anime studio... I can forgive the animation, and besides this design for men is not my type of Ikkemen design, it's popular, but timing and a decent storyboard direction is a must.
Anyway this is a romance school anime so I continue to watch it 🤣
Jul 7, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2011
This was a really underwhelming episode. I had some expectations with the voice cast and the character designs. However, we didn't get a good look at the other characters so I'll give it another episode before I drop this.
Jul 7, 2017 7:58 PM

Jun 2016
Idk how many times I almost dozed off just by watching the pilot episode. It was so boring. I decided to watch this show because it says 'slice of life' and Hiroshi Kamiya is one of the cast. The 'romance' tag is missing. Jeez, MAL.

And is it just me who thought the character's movement is somehow off? Idk.

Yet again, that was a very boring episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 7, 2017 7:59 PM

Jun 2016
HyperL said:
GOD! There's something wrong with this anime but I can't pinpoint what it is, SEND HELP X(

The animation, the character's actions are almost off, the lack of facial expressions. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 7, 2017 10:17 PM

Oct 2015
So far the first episode is really normal. Hope the next episodes will be better. So excited that we get so many romance anime this season. After watched Tsuki ga Kirei, which is the best romance anime that I ever saw. I'm really looking forward for this anime and Tsuzure Children Both are quite similar with so many pairings. Except this one is more of a slice of life. And so is Koi to Uso, start the first episode with a good one. This season looks promising, more romance and less action. Hope the endings aren't shit
Jul 7, 2017 11:54 PM
May 2017
Animation is lacking a bit. As for the show, it's simple and cute nothing more impressive.
I don't know how i feel about the characters though. I like them, on the other hand they're a bit annoying. We'll see how it's going to be on next episodes.
Jul 8, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2013
It was boring. And bland character designs.
The anime should've cut down length imo.
Jul 8, 2017 5:28 AM

Apr 2017
a bit fast paced. honestly, idk what to say but i'm sure i'm not dropping it. i like the ed >.<

btw so kawaii!

still life: pink roses
Jul 8, 2017 5:49 AM
Mar 2017
The episode in itself were alright i guess but.. is it just me or is the animation really lazy? I'm afraid i might ruin it för people pointing it out but they stand completely still for seconds in a row and only then snap their head into a slight tilt or something with 1 frame. They don't have to move everything all the time but it feels rigid like a slide-show at times. I don't see them blink either really, and the thing when they talk but show other stuff feels like a way to avoid lip syncing and expressions.

Voices also seems to be without processing depending on where they are. It still sounds like a studio booth even when they are outside. I'll give it one or two more episodes before i decide if it's worth watching to me.
Jul 8, 2017 5:52 AM
Jul 2013
the idea of konbini kareshi sounded amazing - slice of life, high school romance, but the first episode was unexpectedly disappointing.

the audio was terrible and really off-putting because my left earphone was dominated by so much sound (i thought i legitimately broke my headset...). i had multiple issues with the characters: their movements seemed static and dull (the animation was lacking); the characters sounded the same; the characters moved and thought the same. they could have introduced more thought patterns/inner monologue, or more facial expressions. where are their individual personalities? give the characters some depth, please! i assume there's supposed to be at least twelve characters. how are they supposed to fully explore them all within a mere twelve episodes?

i'm having some serious doubts and i don't see myself watching this through to the end.
Jul 8, 2017 6:16 AM
Jan 2015
I will give this the 3 episode treatment if it doesn't pick up by then i may drop it.
Jul 8, 2017 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
It wasn't that bad, imo. :o
Jul 8, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
Im confused as to why this anime is rated so bad so quickly lol. Anyways first ep was not too bad, like the tension between the runner guy and the inchou . Excited to see how everything plays out!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2008
MrShoujo said:
Im confused as to why this anime is rated so bad so quickly lol. Anyways first ep was not too bad, like the tension between the runner guy and the inchou . Excited to see how everything plays out!
6.2 aint that bad right ? Besides you have to admit, the first episode didn't give us much to work with. Still, not bad though, just meh. Besides, who cares about first episode ratings, when it's done and over then we can judge. Anyone not watching this show because the current average isnt high probably wouldn't have stuck around anyway.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jul 8, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2009
Probably cheapest regular lenght tv series this season, shitload of Korean outsourcing and thus poor quality. Stairs gave me autism.
Jul 8, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2009
ROFL sougo and kagura's VA got paired up again. main reason I'm gonna watch it to the end tbh~
AND they voice the couple trope I'm most a fan of O.o
CoyFishJul 8, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 9, 2017 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
Mediocre first episode, it was okay, setting up the character introductions I guess. The show seems a bit bland but I don't mind that - it's simple, this may become something I watch in my downtime because it doesnt seem to require a lot of attention to digest whats happening.

I really like Honda and Mami as a pair.
Jul 9, 2017 3:31 AM

May 2017
OP song is lit

Lame male MC and the female MC looks like your typical unconsciously a bitch

Liked the blonde friend tho and his Megane love interest, both are interesting, more interesting than the mains
LairucremJul 9, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 9, 2017 5:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting first episode

Hmm an anime focused on high school friends that live near a Konbini eh. A typical setting then. Using the Konbini as the meeting point that anchors the individual stories is interesting though. Hmm pretty catchy opening. Hmm the town that they live in sure is nice. Hmm pretty nice welcome to new students though. Also a nice opportunity for clubs as well. Lol being roped into a club that you know nothing about will be a scary thing. Haruki's glances at the girl next to him as he was reading was funny though. Hmm both Haruki and Miharu were pretty nervous lol. So Haruki knew her from middle school then. To be reunited with a childhood friend in high school that you had feelings for thats some luck that he has. Hmm first meetings when both know their respective full names lol. Its nice that Mami and Miharu were able to bond so quickly over their shared interests. Miharu has quite a kind personality in trying to help people. Looks like Mami also has her struggles as well. So she doesn't like to be seen with things that don't suit her eh. Mami's cute when she's embarrassed though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2017 7:01 AM
Jan 2016
reminds me a bit of 6teen
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 9, 2017 7:44 AM

Apr 2012
Punkbeetle said:
MrShoujo said:
6.2 aint that bad right ? Besides you have to admit, the first episode didn't give us much to work with. Still, not bad though, just meh. Besides, who cares about first episode ratings, when it's done and over then we can judge. Anyone not watching this show because the current average isnt high probably wouldn't have stuck around anyway.

Yeah you are right. Maybe I am just being generous lol. Did not really see from that perspective, it makes me feel better after hearing that. Hopefully in further episodes, it gets better then :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 9, 2017 4:58 PM

Apr 2013
This was a surprise
Although there's nothing impressive yet, I like low tone romance so this is definitely my cup of tea
Jul 9, 2017 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
On a technical level, this was a nightmare, and made everything feel more stilted and unnatural than it should've been. Cut-rate animation, flatlined direction, hell, even the VAs felt weak. Those panning still shots in the library were just too much. Cutting corners on the budget already, are we? lol

so yeah, that was kinda shitty, but I didn't hate it. Might eke out just enough entertainment value in a so-cheesy-it's-good way to make it through. Or I could drop it after one more episode. Both are about equally likely at this point.
Jul 10, 2017 2:23 PM

Oct 2014
That was the most boring episode i have seen in my life. I like slice of life anime but this is shit. And the worst part of this show is script.
Really, I could write better. Animation is awfull too. 0/5
_StillAlive_Jul 10, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 10, 2017 6:12 PM

Nov 2016
To borrow the words of a certain anime youtuber. Slice of nothing happens.

Just hope the next episode picks up a bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2017 3:58 PM

Apr 2016
The animation's a bit awkward. The part where Haruki (?) walks into the konbini and stops to look at his phone, his movements were so stiff af, and where the girl falls over and he's just standing there like, 'Woah, she's hot, and she fell over, meh.'
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.