Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that new cook guy is kinda weird. I think he had a wrong impression of Shiori.

The episode was alright. I like how Koharu and her group are advertising themselves with their menu and their food looks naturally good. Plus, that idea of the machine and somen looked pretty fun.

I think they are on the right track for making their tourism spot more popular.
Stark700Jun 1, 2017 5:50 AM
May 31, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
So the competition was a success and even the town enjoyed it.
I guess the girls are making progress which is a nice thing.

Now the question is what will they come up with next in order the increase the towns popularity.
May 31, 2017 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really nice episode.

The girls came up with quite a nice solution to solve the conflict with the Merchant committee, job well done. Shiori deserves the praise.

I went totally O_O when Yoshi undressed into her swimsuit. She looked great though. XD
That machine was actually cool. :3

Looks like the event was a pretty big success, with the local restaurants picking up the Happy Somen. :)

Saori used the wrong calendar for the meeting, so she ended up waiting for the cook guy on the wrong day. Glad they cleared that up. :)

The final scene with girls laughing over Shiori title was really sweet and heartwarming.

May 31, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
The idea Yoshino came up with was funny. That machine is something else. Doku comes up with cool inventions. The Tourism Board didn't win, but people really liked it and added to their restaurants menu. I'm happy for them. So the reason Saori didn't meet Kumano is because she used the wrong calendar. I'm glad things cleared up between them. The girls laughing over Shiori's title was sweet.
May 31, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
They come up with a somen cooking competition and it's a success :)
Kuma and shiro's sister get their misunderstanding cleared up.
May 31, 2017 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
Win Win this episode

I agree!
May 31, 2017 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Nagashi Somen.. why do I remember that eeeehhh Nichijou episode?

No one's mentioning Sandal-san, his peculiar taste in food makes me wonder, where does he come from seriously?

I almost screamed when Yoshino started to strip herself, luckily this anime is family friendly.

Still waiting for Ririko centered episode. She's only been comical relief so far

Still couldnt skip the ED

Still couldnt skip the next ep preview
May 31, 2017 12:12 PM
Aug 2014
When Yoshino started stripping I thought I was watching a high budget hentai.
May 31, 2017 12:23 PM

Oct 2009
I'm really enjoying this relaxing anime, good work P.A.Works! ^^
May 31, 2017 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
A good episode. The event was successful.

Shiori took the lead in this episode. She's good at mediating.

Surprised when Yoshino started stripping. With Doku? Really?? I was thinking quite dirty to be honest

Doku and Kodata were childhood friends. Didn't see that coming.

illivinni said:
Still couldnt skip the ED

It's irresistible.

May 31, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
Lol at Kumano who thought French Toast is a french dish, and Shioris older sister looked even more like her back in high school.

The missunderstanding between both of them was due to the calendar, like I thought when her mother mentioned that both sisters are airheads.

The expo went well, but Yoshinos Somen 5-DX was really weird xD

In the end Shiori got also her minister titel and another change occured in Manoyama after this arc.

Nice episode, this anime is still one of the best this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
I was certainly surprised when Yoshino started to strip off her clothes, but thankfully, she was wearing a cute yellow bikini underneath. Her Somen 5DX experience machine, with the help from Doku, was ambitious and pretty fun though. =)

Doku and Kodata are childhood friends and also worked on projects in the past as well, which is interesting and surprising. Now if only there were animated clips of Kodata testing out the gadgets back then, then that would be entertaining. =D

The misunderstanding between Kumano and Saori was caused by an outdated calendar that made Saori wait for Kumano AFTER he left for France. A case of Saori being an airhead is apparent, but at least they cleared the misunderstanding now and hopefully pair up romantically in the future. =)

Even though the Tourism Board didn't win the contest, their dish was at least noticed and praised by plenty of visitors at the fair. Seeing the dish now being used at the restaurant at the end was nice. =)

A great episode overall and hopefully this won't be the last we see of Yoshino's bikini. =P
May 31, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2016
That was a pretty fun and enjoyable episode.

I thought that 5DX looked like a lot of fun, Yoshino came up with a pretty cool idea.

I am one of those people who gets dates wrong every now and then.

I think I would like to try that french toast sometime, probably anything that guy cooks would be really good.
May 31, 2017 3:46 PM

May 2015
Another great episode. A successful event! It had some really funny and great moments altogether.

May 31, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
The ep's alternate title should be "The Triumph of Shiori." She only had one job, and she knocked it out of the ballpark. I love Yoshi, but she is sometimes like a one-girl wrecking ball, though she often manages to pull of unintentional victories such as the 5DX somen machine.

I thought some of the small, yet significant moments were pretty cool this week - Ririko's mom agreeing to let her participate with the tourism board event, Shiori's mom and the old calendar and how her sis likely missed her date with French Toast Chef, and the end of the competition when the restaurant owner and the older lady praised Shiori's somen recipe.
May 31, 2017 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was so fun!!
This is so painfully underrated!
May 31, 2017 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
They just can't stop delivering yet another 5/5 episode.

Love how they're changing the town little by little. Expecting some more significant changes in the future. Can't wait!

Our Queen really is the best. Over-Flowing Somen 5-DX!
May 31, 2017 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
5/5

Another success! Even though Shiori and our girls didn't win in the end they were able to leave an impression. God I love Shiori in this. She's the best girl (in my book) by a landslide. Glad that the misunderstanding with elder Shinomiya is resolved with the Chef.

That Yoshino stripping scene caught me off guard. Her plan was outrageous and stupid...in a great way! That was so outside of the box that I couldn't help but laugh my ass off on how random and weird that was.

May 31, 2017 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
That VR Soma 5-DX thing was pretty cool! It was a nice episode where we get to see everyone's efforts pay off and that's what the anime is all about
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 1, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2015
Still focusing on Kumano with Sayuri, even though the episode is more about preparation for the Somen expo. But Queen and Kombu's "plan" using the robot seems interesting, they must be really good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 1, 2017 1:53 AM

May 2016
Good episode. Maybe im gonna like this show
Jun 1, 2017 7:01 AM

Oct 2015
My god that was so adorable

I'm loving this anime c:
Jun 1, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
I liked this episode. But I think the shows formula is starting to wear thin pretty damn quick. Honestly the most entertaining part was Yoshino's impossibly stupid plan with the flowing somen. The rest was kind of safe boring drama with predictable results. At least Riri's deadpan glibness can spice up some of the more boring scenes. One of the things I appreciated the most in this episode though. Was when it came down to do the schmaltzy everyone loves everyone ending. The Ministers turning on and teasing Yoshino was a welcome change of pace. From the same 'we understand each other better, isn't simple country life grand?' conclusion we've seen time and again. I'm by no means done with the show. I still love most of the cast. And it may slip here and there but its maintained a respectable production quality. But like its erstwhile leads sometimes I yearn for something more.
Jun 1, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode. Finally I got more Sandal-san~

Those airhead sisters are adorable XD
Didn't expected the misunderstanding to clear up this fast though. Good it wasn't dragged long.

When Yoshino began to strip down her clothes... by the looks of the scene I was convinced it was a hentai XD
That swimsuit and bellybutton though

Groynin said:

Ifkr! She was so cute during that scene.
Jun 1, 2017 11:44 AM

May 2010
Ririko's mother being lowkey supportive is always nice to see.

French toast isn't even french. You learn something new everyday.

Yoshino died there and kids were like "Best game ever" lmao. Makes sense, seemed like the type of game kids would love.

Yay for Kumano x Sayuri ship. Shiori playing the love cupid is rlly nice to see, love her.
I am laughing Sayuri waited for Kumano on the wrong day. Like. That turned out to be such a long misunderstanding all thanks to her being a cute airhead. Glad it got resolved and now they can have kids

This show makes me happy. I love it. Officially best this season.
Also I like Sandal's previews. His voice is soothing. And props to the team for hiring an actual foreigner for a foreign character. As weird as Sandal is, I don't mind him one bit.
Jun 1, 2017 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
Groynin said:

I'm loving this anime c:
Yoshino is so dang cuuute.
Jun 1, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
PROTECT THAT SMILE AT ALL COST BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanae may be the hottest, but there's absolutely no contest that Shiori is top tier marriage material through and through.
Jun 1, 2017 11:39 PM

Aug 2016
Right when I thought that I should stop thinking lewd thoughts with this show, best grill Yoshino starts stripping, literally my face -> 0o0 Thankfully(sort of) they didn't go that far.

Kumano and Sayuri ship is quite fun to watch. The exchange with the girl and Ririko about the somen was funny. Yoshino so damn cute wtfffff.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 2, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2016
I love how Sayuri and Kuma-kun finally cleared the misunderstanding~ I hope their ship will sail next episode *-*

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jun 2, 2017 9:22 PM

Feb 2008
When's the ED out?

Also, as a fan of Tomoyo Kurosawa, she voices Erika here, and the dfc curse can't go away from her just like her role as Kumiko.

Pretty nice episode. I want to marry Shiori's sister.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 3, 2017 11:13 AM

Dec 2014
this was so funny. i laugh when yoshino doing her soumen DX trial lol
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Jun 4, 2017 9:24 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well that was a fun episode.

Yoshino in swimsuit very pretty, and the whole trial thing was hilarious.
Shiori is waifu girl. I just love her charming personality. She has this warm smile that I just find so soothing.

Jun 5, 2017 6:24 AM

Feb 2015
Episode featuring borscht with somen is 10\10 episode for sure
Jun 5, 2017 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
5D and soumen don't mix particularly well... Even borscht is a finer addition. However, Yoshino's participation definitely sweetened the mixture. The festival (or competition) itself was a good idea and was quite amusing.

At least the misunderstanding between Sayuri and Kumano was cleared. Shiori was particularly brilliant in this episode.
Jun 7, 2017 9:07 PM
Jan 2009
Yoshi has some nice boobs. Hopefully she can get a husband by series' end to show them to.
Jun 15, 2017 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
Koharu makes me almost painful when she also tries to give her a hand, but I'm happy to be more involved than the previous episode. The true power of the narrative, and which makes every character of the cast interesting. Even Shiori has its interesting sides and can give a lot to the plot, if well exploited, the same applies to other characters. Interestingly, the aspects that are faced during the episode.
Jun 18, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
It was fine episode and I even kinda like the developement between Sayuri and Kuman if not for the blatant plot hole of their past misunderstandment explanation.

Cause, you know, Sunday after graduation is always a Sunday, no matter what date is on a calendar, right?
Other then that it was good, and now I like Shiori character even more. Ueda Reina was good in Re:Life and she's good here too.
Jun 22, 2017 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
I am really liking the moments of Kuman and Sayuri on the screen.
Jul 9, 2017 12:52 AM
Mar 2012
Shiori also best imouto? 'Mediates' & rejoins Kuma with Sayori.
Happy somen wanna try, nice & normal. Also french toast.
At the 'revolt', can imagine them holding donuts up.
Jul 16, 2017 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
This episode just got me soooooo hungry, and that Happy Somen had some of my favourite ingredients in it too.

Leo_10 said:
Doku and Kodata were childhood friends. Didn't see that coming.

I bet you could make an anime just about that.

illivinni said:
No one's mentioning Sandal-san, his peculiar taste in food makes me wonder, where does he come from seriously?

I'm not so much surprised at him eating it, than at that restaurant serving it! Borscht is not an easy soup to make well.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 26, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2016
This anime never fails to put a smile on my face. It's so good and hilarious.
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 25, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
I'm so happy for everyone for having a successful expo. It went almost disastrous, but thank Kami-sama it was successful, and everyone's happy. :)

I loved the flashback of Kumano and Sayuri. Eeeek. So cuuute. "French Toast" couple. Haha. I hope they get married. Kyaaa. I ship them two so much.

Yoshino's little show, though. Poor Yoshino, but at least the kids enjoy it. Haha.

I want me some Happy Somen. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 8, 2017 10:49 PM

Feb 2014
LOL Yoshino's show looked so wrong.

And Shiori and her sister really are a pair of airheads. Glad the misunderstanding between Sayuri and Kumano finally got resolved. I also liked how they didn't beat around the bush and handled it realistically. Even the other misunderstanding that everyone had about Kumano and Shiori liking each other didn't get dragged out too much and got.
Oct 8, 2017 7:42 AM

Oct 2012
Shiori MVP!
For making Kumano and her sister ended up together, also the somen xD

Yoshino 2nd MVP too! For trying her best but failed xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 31, 2017 9:28 PM

May 2012
>2016
>Waiting so long without bothering to call

Wait wut? How was that even possible, even for an airhead :p

Pretty fun episode though.
Nov 18, 2017 6:03 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode. The competition was a success!
Nov 30, 2017 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
-big wig kadota providing encouragement in the way only he could
-hey it's the doku dude again
-the banter between the chief and doku was pretty good
-man that french toast is super fluffy
-wait they cook french toast with chopsticks?
-why is riri's line delivery so fucking perfect all the time jesus
-y a k u s o k u n o j i k a n
-were they sitting on opposite platforms or something
-i think i've seen this scene in a doujin before
-woah free food, that sounds like a steal
-erika's also pretty entertaining, shame she hasn't had many lines
-did they really get the wandering bard to record that voice clip
-doku is fuckin great
-oh it took me the longest time to realize what shiori realized about the calendar
-anyway that resolution scene between kumano and sayuri was pretty decent
-dang i thought the whatever the fuck that was was actually pretty cool

Nothing too notable happened in this arc other than maybe the kind of world-building that happened in this episode with the historical significance of the food. There were, however, some pretty good exchanges between some of the characters (especially Riri) throughout the last two episodes. There were likewise some pretty amusing moments sprinkled here and there throughout the past two episodes, so it wasn't exactly the worst thing ever.
Dec 31, 2017 3:12 AM
Sep 2015
Man I love this anime so much. I'm only realizing it NOW that it's totally my cup of tea!
The episodes are never boring
Jan 6, 2018 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
i knew they are airheads but wrong calendar seriously lol
Mar 20, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
Groynin said:

Agreed :D
I was really surprised when she started stripping, although I knew there would be a swimsuit or something underneath :'D

I'm glad Sayuri and Kumano meet, and hopefully they'll get closer together later.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like that mechanics guy is so out of place in this town and anime :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.