Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2017 4:19 AM

Jan 2017
ok the first ep wasn't the best but it was like a 6.5/10
the second ep was much more better like an 8/10
so why the score of this anime is so bad are you comparing it to ngnl don't ok maybe it will never rich the same level of ngnl but still it is a very good anime
the op and ed are great the animation not that bad and the art style is subjective but i like it the plot are good i gave this anime a 9 and for those people who gave the anime a 1 or 2 after the first ep and dropped the show at least try another ep it won't kill you or maybe hating on it became a trend
so why this poor score?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2017 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
It's your typical lolli light novel anime adaptation for teens so...
Apr 15, 2017 4:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
also i heard that its actually doing some stuff diferently from the light novel and people are mad about it. (at least that was the case with episode one, idk for episode 2 and idc)
Apr 15, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2009
kikyo1hinamora said:
so why the score of this anime is so bad are you comparing it to ngnl don't ok maybe it will never rich the same level of ngnl but still it is a very good anime
the op and ed are great the animation not that bad and the art style is subjective but i like it the plot are good i gave this anime a 9 and for those people who gave the anime a 1 or 2 after the first ep and dropped the show at least try another ep it won't kill you or maybe hating on it became a trend
so why this poor score?

For those looking for it as an adaptation, the art is bad comparing to either the LN or the manga, and the one doing the anime's script just messed up everything.
For those discovering the serie, they will either blame the poor animation (or/and art) quality or the fanservice/loli characters.
Apr 16, 2017 3:48 AM
Mar 2017
Honestly so hyped for this anime
Apr 16, 2017 3:49 AM

Jan 2011
kikyo1hinamora said:
Somehow I doubt that.
Apr 16, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2016
it's your classic light novel trash
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
DatRandomDude said:
also i heard that its actually doing some stuff diferently from the light novel and people are mad about it. (at least that was the case with episode one, idk for episode 2 and idc)

I'm going to go with who gives a shit about a light novel that isn't legally translated into english anyways? Watch it for how they wanted to make it...
Apr 16, 2017 12:29 PM
Jun 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
so why this poor score?

Beacuse people have gotten WAY more picky with animation and how the show's adapted nowadays. Yes the art isn't the best bit people are saying exaggerating things like it's the absolute worst, which there are tons of worse looking anime out there.

I'm with you, I like this anime so far and I like the animation style. For me this is a solid 7.5 for me right now, it'll most likely go up because we're gonna get into the good stuff starting episode 3.

Also people don't seem to appreciate how hard doing animation like this is and how much hard work goes into these.
Apr 16, 2017 3:50 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend like this show is amazing, it still has some significant issues, but it does not deserve that low a score. I've seen much worse shows that have a 7.5 for some unfathomable reason, this is just not that bad.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 17, 2017 3:02 AM

May 2016
Ah well, different people different taste.
I gave this show a nice 9 coz I enjoyed it :)
Apr 17, 2017 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
your favorite anime is absolute duo.... self explanatory
Apr 17, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2017
imouto said:

I DIDN'T LIKE CLOCKWORK PLANET BUT HAVING Kemono Friends AS UR FAV DOESN'T GIVE U THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE OTHERS FAV
Apr 17, 2017 11:49 AM
Feb 2017
Personaly i hate their logic of
Hello im the mc im passionate in clocks so i colect a lot of them but im too bad to repair them but somehow i can repair a 3trillion gears automaton in a min because i got some extra sense on how to fix things made with gears (except clocks) when in 206 no one in the existence could do it
And this kind of logic aplies in ngnl but less than here
Apr 17, 2017 2:23 PM
Dec 2016
I don't personally think the second episode was THAT much better. Certainly not an 8. It's not like the first episode had a high bar, so it's easy to look better than that.
Apr 17, 2017 8:26 PM
Apr 2016
I liked the first episode. A bit awkwardly paced, with some momentary gaps of silence, but there were really funny parts.

Okay animation, kinda kiddy-ish. Decent~good soundtrack.
Apr 17, 2017 9:36 PM
Nov 2015
Don't bother about the ratings. The only thing that should matter to you is your own perceptions towards this show.
Apr 17, 2017 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
-kikyo- said:
imouto said:

I DIDN'T LIKE CLOCKWORK PLANET BUT HAVING Kemono Friends AS UR FAV DOESN'T GIVE U THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE OTHERS FAV

lol he got u there bro, you can't say anything when u got that on your favs
Apr 18, 2017 7:05 AM

May 2009
kamisu said:
it's just the same old overhyped isekai ln adaption we've been getting for years.

Well, CloPla is not an isekai. xD

swampert260 said:
Don't bother about the ratings. The only thing that should matter to you is your own perceptions towards this show.

So true. :D
Apr 18, 2017 7:31 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
-kikyo- said:
imouto said:

absolute duo is way worst than Kemono friends tho

also u have Diabolik Lovers in your fav which is also worst than kemono friends

you cant have the right to critizice others fav too sorry !
Apr 18, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2016
Swagernator said:
It's your typical lolli light novel anime adaptation for teens so...

This ^

Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Apr 18, 2017 8:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
-kikyo- said:

lol he got u there bro, you can't say anything when u got that on your favs
Most people that actually finished Kemono Friends rather than drop it episode 1 have liked it though. The score speaks for itself in that regard
Apr 20, 2017 6:22 PM

Jun 2014
Why do people care about ratings so much. Like I've said before, take ratings on this site with a grain of salt. They barely mean anything in the long run, all that matters is do you like or dislike the show.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 20, 2017 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
I've seen 3 episodes now and rated each one a 5. The truth is it's just not that good. At least that's how I feel compared to most everything else this season.
Apr 20, 2017 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I'm having a blast as I watch this with my friends. We all laugh and scream hysterically whenever something outrageous happens, which is like half the time.

Obviously, if one were to objectively break this anime down and analyze it, it wouldn't exactly have a high score. But don't let other people's opinions on the show ruin your enjoyment of it, just go ahead and have fun.
Apr 20, 2017 9:30 PM

Mar 2009
I'd say that's even higher than it should be. It's a shame an anime with such a cool and unique setting has such weak characters.
Apr 20, 2017 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
If you compare the anime with LN, i think the score should we lower. Also, who cares about the rating as long as they enjoy the show (i enjoy even though i know the anime adaption is very bad).
Apr 20, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2014
Because everything until now from this show has been almost atrocious? I made myself a favor and read the manga and it was much better but still felt rushed, this anime is low quality in almost every aspect of it.
Apr 21, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
Mormegil said:
I'd say that's even higher than it should be. It's a shame an anime with such a cool and unique setting has such weak characters.

This, so much this.
Clockwork planet is the perfect example of wasted opportunities. A post apocalyptic world, where umans live on top of giant gears and everything revolves around machines. A cute and deadly android, with a misterious past and then...all the other crap.
This is a cheap rom com with overly used tropes, added in at the most inopportune times (really that proposal at the end of ep2 almost made me drop it).
MC is a brat without much going for him, aside for his ability to hear problems within machines. He seems totally unfazed by the fact that he and 20 million people are about to die. If he could hear that there was a big problem with the platform, then why did he casually go shopping with RyuZu and had a "ops I fell on top of you" scene in ep1? Assuming that he couldn't even report such problems to someone, or act somewhat agitated, then what is wrong with him spending 5? minutes with that cringeworthy scene at the end of ep2 instead of going to fix that immediate problem.
Marie did well to facepalm at that time and her bodyguard acted like it was to be expected from such a main character and I agree with him.
At the start of ep2 Naoto asked Marie why she didn't run away and why was she bothering with that mess. That scene would have been somewhat more believable if he didn't have a "not that I really care" expression stamped on his face.
Speaking of faces, the fact that Naoto's looks hideous and screams "punch me" doesn't help much either.
Apr 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
@Anathor You definitely summed up all the problems with the show.
Apr 22, 2017 5:05 AM

Jan 2017
so u are a
Anathor said:
Mormegil said:

This, so much this.
Clockwork planet is the perfect example of wasted opportunities. A post apocalyptic world, where umans live on top of giant gears and everything revolves around machines. A cute and deadly android, with a misterious past and then...all the other crap.
This is a cheap rom com with overly used tropes, added in at the most inopportune times (really that proposal at the end of ep2 almost made me drop it).
MC is a brat without much going for him, aside for his ability to hear problems within machines. He seems totally unfazed by the fact that he and 20 million people are about to die. If he could hear that there was a big problem with the platform, then why did he casually go shopping with RyuZu and had a "ops I fell on top of you" scene in ep1? Assuming that he couldn't even report such problems to someone, or act somewhat agitated, then what is wrong with him spending 5? minutes with that cringeworthy scene at the end of ep2 instead of going to fix that immediate problem.
Marie did well to facepalm at that time and her bodyguard acted like it was to be expected from such a main character and I agree with him.
At the start of ep2 Naoto asked Marie why she didn't run away and why was she bothering with that mess. That scene would have been somewhat more believable if he didn't have a "not that I really care" expression stamped on his face.
Speaking of faces, the fact that Naoto's looks hideous and screams "punch me" doesn't help much either.
are u are saying that the mc is the only prob it is not fair to judge the anime just because the mc is a bastard i didn't like him at all but still the point of the proposal was to show us how much he was in love with those machine and their mechanism and since he was able to see those clock under the shape of a human was fantastic to him and also to the proposal was maybe to push a forbidden love plot between the two mc and the fact that he didn't care isn't completely true he did show some interest and worry but he is an egoist little brat the author made him like that that this is his personality and don't forget that he is still a child and aside those things the story is great plot and other character are good and the fact that it was sad that she was the weakest between her sisters while being undefinable will make the anime even better maybe the antagonist will be one of those sisters making the plot even better
Apr 22, 2017 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
The first 2 episodes were absolutely horrifying, I felt like I was watching a drama show with 9 year olds as the main characters. The 3rd episode though wasn't that bad, and I'm hoping it will stay that way.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2017 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
All I can say is that the show got that reception because of few things:

Either bad art (which I kinda agree but its not "bad" per say, its mediocre visuals and animation, some bit can be quite alright) or how the anime was handled compared to its own source material.

I can't really say much since I watched only one episode, but to be honest 6 is quite justified. Considering I gave it a 6 myself as a first impression.
Apr 22, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
This show is pretty bad in just about every aspect. About the only part I like is RyuZu, and now I'm even not so sure about that. Still, I like it better than the new season of DanMachi.
Apr 25, 2017 1:13 AM

Dec 2015
I guess a lot of people expected too much - because of the interesting setting it seemed promising.

This means the bad stuff ... it disappoints you even more if you had higher expectations (compared to if you had only low expectations).

And that characters shown in the 1st episode ... really made me drop it (since there also is a lot of other stuff to watch this season otherwise I might have still watched episodes 2 and 3). That boy ... looking too young and he is too boring.

The robo-girl ... superannoying and designed only with fanservice in mind (character and her looks).

The only interesting char that seemed like she was going to be a main/important char was that other girl ... but she was loli-like (very young) as well. They should have made an older technician woman - not young girls for service. (Would make more sense than always those genius young girls that have high IQ and already a lot of knowledge - that often get used in anime.)

Some characters around her seemed nice as well (some of the guys). But they used her for stupid moments. I admit .. the scene where the guy told her to put on clothes was funny. But the preview showed her crouching in a position where probably a guy behind her can see her panties.

That preview ... made it look like the show mainly wants to focus on service. I guess the plot is okay. But "okay" is not enough for me to continue watching it ... with that bad main characters like that boy and the robo-girl.
Apr 25, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2017
U1111 said:
This show is pretty bad in just about every aspect. About the only part I like is RyuZu, and now I'm even not so sure about that. Still, I like it better than the new season of DanMachi.
could u say what aspect and what is wrong with each one
Apr 27, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
Too many normalfags who can't handle anything with different art style and girls.
Apr 28, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2009
Personally, I'm totally enjoying this show. It might not be the best, but it's totally up my alley.
Especially the loli genius.

MaskOfIce said:
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend like this show is amazing, it still has some significant issues, but it does not deserve that low a score. I've seen much worse shows that have a 7.5 for some unfathomable reason, this is just not that bad.

Kemono Friends jumped over 1 point in score when it finished. This seems to be normal for certain kinds of anime.

Le_Malodru said:
Hello im the mc im passionate in clocks so i colect a lot of them but im too bad to repair them but somehow i can repair a 3trillion gears automaton in a min because i got some extra sense on how to fix things made with gears (except clocks) when in 206 no one in the existence could do it

I think the MC isn't good at conventional clocksmithing techniques, because he's just a kid and isn't good at working with his hands.
But he is very much in tune with RyuZU's creator, Y, due to having grown in a world built by him, and hearing it every day.
Apr 28, 2017 1:59 PM
Feb 2017
flannan said:
Personally, I'm totally enjoying this show. It might not be the best, but it's totally up my alley.

MaskOfIce said:

Kemono Friends jumped over 1 point in score when it finished. This seems to be normal for certain kinds of anime.

Le_Malodru said:

I think the MC isn't good at conventional clocksmithing techniques, because he's just a kid and isn't good at working with his hands.
But he is very much in tune with RyuZU's creator, Y, due to having grown in a world built by him, and hearing it every day.

So basicly he could easely repair ryuzu because he got an amazing chemistry with y and his stuffs because he hear it everyday and no one in a thousand years could do because senario oblige the rest of the humanity got a monkey iq except for a few ones
But he is too dumb to aknowledge how to repair a thing that he colect since he was a kid(dont know exactly how much years but more than enought to know how to repair that)yeah i guess i will still get iritated by that kind of logic
Ps:having marie wanting help from ryuzu while she want to rely on ryuzu hasnt worked for 206 years in her perspective ((nevermind if she is also a ndroid it was too ambiguius for me so i assume she is a human)so like 190 years easely before her existence)and i dropped at ep 3 but i heard that ryuzu little sister android is alive so why the fuck doesnt marie relly more on her than a 206 years dead android (and she is suposed to like an elite or something but stil ape rank brain )
Apr 28, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
Le_Malodru said:
flannan said:

So basicly he could easely repair ryuzu because he got an amazing chemistry with y and his stuffs because he hear it everyday and no one in a thousand years could do because senario oblige the rest of the humanity got a monkey iq except for a few ones

The MC's hearing is pretty much a superpower. Humans can't actually do that.
Also, most of humanity was not allowed to try to fix RyuZU. Only the best clocksmiths were allowed to try. And these people don't play by the ear, they try to make sense of RyuZU.
And that's impossible, because the broken part of RyuZU just violates physics. You can't make sense of that.

Le_Malodru said:
But he is too dumb to aknowledge how to repair a thing that he colect since he was a kid(dont know exactly how much years but more than enought to know how to repair that)yeah i guess i will still get iritated by that kind of logic

These clocks are broken more than RyuZU. You can't repair them by just poking them with a screwdriver, you need to actually make and replace large parts of them.

Le_Malodru said:
Ps:having marie wanting help from ryuzu while she want to rely on ryuzu hasnt worked for 206 years in her perspective ((nevermind if she is also a ndroid it was too ambiguius for me so i assume she is a human)so like 190 years easely before her existence)and i dropped at ep 3 but i heard that ryuzu little sister android is alive so why the fuck doesnt marie relly more on her than a 206 years dead android (and she is suposed to like an elite or something but stil ape rank brain )

Marie only has authority over RyuZU (she belongs to her family or something). There is no reason to assume she knows anything about the little sister. If that sister has any use in repairs in the first place.
If that sister is still there. After all, RyuZU's info must be a few hundred years out of date.
Apr 30, 2017 5:49 AM
Feb 2017
flannan said:
Le_Malodru said:

The MC's hearing is pretty much a superpower. Humans can't actually do that.
Also, most of humanity was not allowed to try to fix RyuZU. Only the best clocksmiths were allowed to try. And these people don't play by the ear, they try to make sense of RyuZU.
And that's impossible, because the broken part of RyuZU just violates physics. You can't make sense of that.

Le_Malodru said:

These clocks are broken more than RyuZU. You can't repair them by just poking them with a screwdriver, you need to actually make and replace large parts of them.

Le_Malodru said:

Marie only has authority over RyuZU (she belongs to her family or something). There is no reason to assume she knows anything about the little sister. If that sister has any use in repairs in the first place.
If that sister is still there. After all, RyuZU's info must be a few hundred years out of date.

So in all these years he wasnt able to any of the missing/broken part of clocks with his power that seems to be like a i sense the gears in all aspect (what isnt working/ is missing)while it seems that he actualy wanted to fix his clocks thats kinda weird
And the main point in the other part was that mary relly more on a 206 years dead android than anything else
Apr 30, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
Le_Malodru said:
And the main point in the other part was that mary relly more on a 206 years dead android than anything else

More like, "desperate and grasping at straws".

Le_Malodru said:
So in all these years he wasnt able to any of the missing/broken part of clocks with his power that seems to be like a i sense the gears in all aspect (what isnt working/ is missing)while it seems that he actualy wanted to fix his clocks thats kinda weird

Tell me, at what age did you begin repairing stuff? Did you learn it on your own, or did somebody teach you? The MC obviously doesn't have anybody to teach him. Or maybe he just had a bad teacher.

Say, have you even looked inside your computer? The generation gap in ability to repair computers has always surprised me.
People of my father's generation can look inside and see that the capacitors have blown up, they look the same to me.
People of my generation can do a good job managing the software.
Will my children be capable of programming AIs, but incapable of keeping the software in order?
flannanApr 30, 2017 9:47 AM
May 1, 2017 6:20 AM
Feb 2017
flannan said:
Le_Malodru said:

Le_Malodru said:

Tell me, at what age did you begin repairing stuff? Did you learn it on your own, or did somebody teach you? The MC obviously doesn't have anybody to teach him. Or maybe he just had a bad teacher.

Say, have you even looked inside your computer? The generation gap in ability to repair computers has always surprised me.
People of my father's generation can look inside and see that the capacitors have blown up, they look the same to me.
Will my children be capable of programming AIs, but incapable of keeping the software in order?

I mostly began at 13 years old to repair some stuffs, i began with minor things but i usualy do it myself if theres something i need to be repaired i search everything i can to fix it i hardly give up on these, and i usualy dont relly on others because of the "do it yourself" kind of education my parents gave me.
And not as much as i needed.
And it depens on how much will your children will be interested in programing
the next generation will always be smarter than ours in the end because we got the ability to learn stuffs so they wouldnt have the same problem with the stuffs our ancestors created that is the "how to do it?"
May 1, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2009
Le_Malodru said:
flannan said:

I mostly began at 13 years old to repair some stuffs, i began with minor things but i usualy do it myself if theres something i need to be repaired i search everything i can to fix it i hardly give up on these, and i usualy dont relly on others because of the "do it yourself" kind of education my parents gave me.
And not as much as i needed.
And it depens on how much will your children will be interested in programing
the next generation will always be smarter than ours in the end because we got the ability to learn stuffs so they wouldnt have the same problem with the stuffs our ancestors created that is the "how to do it?"

That's an excellent attitude. I think I started to be actually useful at around that age, and I learned from my parents.
But Naoto isn't 13 yet (I think - sometimes character designs are misleading), and his attitude is not as good as yours. (I wonder if he has access to internet or good libraries in his clockpunk future?)
May 2, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Currently, this show is a solid 3/10.
May 2, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2017
I honestly hate this show so far but I'm still giving it a chance
May 4, 2017 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
First episode was pretty dreadful and made no sense. Second episode fixed nothing other than explained a very odd plot (the [government?] military plans to just let millions of people die)
The "ecchi" is legitimately awful. I say this as a fan of pretty much anything ecchi as usually it is done fairly well and serves a purpose, almost always comedy. The fanservice in this show is disgustingly out of place and uncomfortable. It is not done in a funny way, it is done in some weird pseudo softcore porn way)

I haven't rated it personally myself yet on MAL but from what I have seen I am hovering around a 3-5/10 and I really want to drop it, but will probably finish it later.

I say this as a massive fan of NGNL, so I know the author can't be too much at fault for this. I'm guessing this anime studio just did a terrible job at adapting it. Really sucks, this was the anime I was most excited for this season along with My Hero Academia and it is actually dreadful.
May 19, 2017 4:08 AM
Oct 2016
ichii_1 said:
Too many normalfags who can't handle anything with different art style and girls.

lmao.

This show has the most generic art style ever. There's nothing interesting about it.

Unless of course you are 12 years old and find over-designed character art interesting.

For you to claim that this show is some kind of masterpiece the plebs can't appreciate is hilarious. This is literally babbies first shounen, done poorly.

This is by far the worst show this season.
May 19, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2017
Eiruki17 said:
ichii_1 said:

lmao.

This show has the most generic art style ever. There's nothing interesting about it.

Unless of course you are 12 years old and find over-designed character art interesting.

For you to claim that this show is some kind of masterpiece the plebs can't appreciate is hilarious. This is literally babbies first shounen, done poorly.

This is by far the worst show this season.
everyone who doesn't has the same shitty opinion as u is a 12 year old for u . the art style is subjective but i don't think u know what does this word even mean .
May 21, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2011
I consider myself to have pretty low standards compared to many of the other users here on MAL as I just rate series based on enjoyment/entertainment and right now I'd probably give Clockwork Planet a 7/10, so I personally could see people rating it 6/10. It's certainly not bad, but there are a decent amount of moments where I feel uninterested in what's going on. The premise and setting is pretty cool with gears and everything, but I feel their delivery is somewhat lacking. I like RyuZu and Halter, but I'm finding it difficult to like the MC and Maria.

Just my two cents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.