Forum Settings
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp and that's the world of dreams and magic. Kinda unique I guess.

So we have this girl named Hatato Ako as the MC. It looks like her life isn't exactly pleasant based on the brief backgrounds explained so far. And really, that is a surreal encounter with that 'magical girl'. I think her life is about to change now.
Mar 24, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2015
Holy shiiiiit.
That was both sad, creepy and depressing. What an amazing prologue.

Can't wait for more chapters.
XenocrisiMar 25, 2016 7:10 AM
Aug 31, 2016 7:16 PM
Apr 2014
I have just recently found this series as it's to be adapted this coming fall. I would mind reading the LNS but has there been any fan translations of this series as of yet?
Sep 5, 2016 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
yanderes_anime said:
I have just recently found this series as it's to be adapted this coming fall. I would mind reading the LNS but has there been any fan translations of this series as of yet?

No translation afaik. Only the prologue of the first volume is translated and is available on baka tsuki, so basically nothing. And no one is continuing, since that prologue is from 2013. May be started again with the anime, who knows.
Mar 11, 2017 7:21 PM
Mar 2017
yanderes_anime said:

Yes on Tumblr there's​ a masterpost with all of them fan translated. If interested I'll send it to you here . Yenbpress will also translated in summer 2017
Jul 13, 2017 2:08 AM

Oct 2013
Volume 1 was released a few days ago.
I finished reading it, and I'm a bit conflicted. I watched the anime back when it aired in Fall 2016, and the LN both does things better and not so better.
While we do get more insight on some characters like Snow White, Ripple, Ruler, Swim Swim, Sister Nana and Cranberry, some characters don't stand out nearly as much as in the anime. Nemurin and Magicaloid are practically non-existent and Hardgore Alice barely does anything.
Also, while I get it's probably the point, many deaths are just... too abrupt and not imactful enough. Maybe it's also because I knew what was coming, but I felt the anime handled the deaths better than the LN. I guess it could be argued that the LN, by having the deaths kept so simple and abrupt without too much detail or followed grief, points toward the pointlessness of the girls' struggles and the insignificance of their actions... or it could be a reflection of Fav's wish: a bloody massacre between cute girls just for entertainment and nothing more...

Volume 1 did some interesting things the anime didn't have, but overall I'm rather conflicted... and so seems to be the author, Asari Endou. In the afterword, he says that he's not really satisfied with the volume.
Jul 13, 2017 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
GoldenPincers said:
Volume 1 was released a few days ago.
I finished reading it, and I'm a bit conflicted. I watched the anime back when it aired in Fall 2016, and the LN both does things better and not so better.
While we do get more insight on some characters like Snow White, Ripple, Ruler, Swim Swim, Sister Nana and Cranberry, some characters don't stand out nearly as much as in the anime. Nemurin and Magicaloid are practically non-existent and Hardgore Alice barely does anything.
Also, while I get it's probably the point, many deaths are just... too abrupt and not imactful enough. Maybe it's also because I knew what was coming, but I felt the anime handled the deaths better than the LN. I guess it could be argued that the LN, by having the deaths kept so simple and abrupt without too much detail or followed grief, points toward the pointlessness of the girls' struggles and the insignificance of their actions... or it could be a reflection of Fav's wish: a bloody massacre between cute girls just for entertainment and nothing more...

Volume 1 did some interesting things the anime didn't have, but overall I'm rather conflicted... and so seems to be the author, Asari Endou. In the afterword, he says that he's not really satisfied with the volume.

Yeah it's quite easily the less interesting volume of the series. Also, the anime added back many side stories for the various characters, that are in volume 4. So you could say that this volume takes its real value only after you read volume 4; too.
One important thing that this volume puts in place is that there is no such thing as death flag in this story. Like you said, deaths are abrupt. Any character can die without warning, things can be perfectly fine and the next line of text the character gets impaled out of nowhere and we are as surprised as the character herself by the blade coming out of her body.
Simply put, the first arc isn't long enough to really get attached to the characters so when it happens it doesn't feel that impactful, yes.
May 6, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2015
Not trying to necro this or anything, just wanted to share my opinion. I honestly don't understand why the ln for this series is rated so highly. It's not that it was bad or anything, it just felt horribly rushed. Important information was skipped or made very short, and very few characters got any backstory to them. I feel if the author wrote this story at a more typical book length it might turn out a lot nicer, but just the blunt sharp writing of the LN doesn't sit right with me. A lot of the characters had interesting powers but they never really got much chance to use them because they all die so quickly.
Add me to talk about touhou OwO

May 10, 2019 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
Korgi1 said:
Not trying to necro this or anything, just wanted to share my opinion. I honestly don't understand why the ln for this series is rated so highly. It's not that it was bad or anything, it just felt horribly rushed. Important information was skipped or made very short, and very few characters got any backstory to them. I feel if the author wrote this story at a more typical book length it might turn out a lot nicer, but just the blunt sharp writing of the LN doesn't sit right with me. A lot of the characters had interesting powers but they never really got much chance to use them because they all die so quickly.
This is the worst arc of them all, so yeah.
May 14, 2019 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Aldnox said:
Korgi1 said:

Actually it turns out the translation I had is hot garbage and isn't the correct one.
Add me to talk about touhou OwO

May 14, 2019 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
Korgi1 said:
Aldnox said:

Actually it turns out the translation I had is hot garbage and isn't the correct one.
Even then I agree with most of what you said. Many of the characters here get more characterization in the fourth volume which is a collection of side stories for both this and next arc's characters.

Next arc is a lot better and since it's two volumes you get to spend a lot more time with the characters.
Sep 18, 2022 4:15 PM
May 2022
first book is just kinda depressing to be honest. Only two survivors!? This might be the darkest of dark magical girl stories I’ve viewed.

books 2-3 are the best in my opinion, much better paced and theres more of an actual point…
Mar 19, 8:39 PM
May 2018
So the anime adapted both this first book and like half of the fourth one, making the side stories actually part of the narrative, interesting, I think I have more positive thoughts towards the anime.
I'm just glad Ripple managed to accomplish her dream, she and Snow White deserve it after all that. I wonder if we'll ever get an approximated number of victims from Cranberry's games, it must have been a good amount.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 10 Discussion (QUEENS)

Lairucrem - Aug 15, 2017

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 8 Discussion (Aces)

Zefyris - Oct 6, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 24, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 7 Discussion (Jokers)

Zefyris - Oct 4, 2016

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 23, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 6 Discussion (Limited 後)

Zefyris - Oct 25, 2015

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 21, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 4 Discussion ( Episodes )

Zefyris - Oct 8, 2015

1 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 20, 7:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.