Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 10, 2017 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
I gotta say for the first 7 episodes. I was really loving the show. It was focus and funny and really lived up to it name. They really did a good job on expanding the characters, but it seems like when they got to Skaie. They just hit a wall and now the staff is lost like a little puppy and has no idea what to do. The story just seems to go anywhere and doesn't want to focus on one character and kind of shoves Hikari into every scene for no real reason.

I don't hate the show, but it has gone downhill in my opinion. Does anyone else feel the same way?
MasterHavikMar 10, 2017 10:02 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 10, 2017 9:45 PM

Oct 2016
MasterHavik said:
I gotta say for the first 7 episodes. I was really loving the show. It was focus and funny and really lived up to it name. They really did a good job on expanding the characters. But it seems like when they got to Skaie. They just hit a wall and now the staff is lost like a little puppy and has no idea what to do. The story just seems to go everywhere and doesn't want to focus on one character and kind of shoves Hikari into every scene for real reason.

I don't hate the show, but it has gone downhill in my opinion. Does anyone else feel the same way?
With the highest amount respect, please shut up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's an adaptation. They follow the manga. What do you mean the staff is a lost puppy? I can't bare to read this. In my opinion the show is great and still is great.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well there is my opinion.
Yuki_NonakaMar 10, 2017 9:56 PM
Mar 10, 2017 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
SeasonADay said:
MasterHavik said:
I gotta say for the first 7 episodes. I was really loving the show. It was focus and funny and really lived up to it name. They really did a good job on expanding the characters. But it seems like when they got to Skaie. They just hit a wall and now the staff is lost like a little puppy and has no idea what to do. The story just seems to go everywhere and doesn't want to focus on one character and kind of shoves Hikari into every scene for real reason.

It's an adaptation. They follow the manga. What do you mean the staff is a lost puppy? I can't bare to read this. In my opinion the show is great and still is great.

How about no? That's a very rude to start a discussion with someone. Also from what I have looked into it has changed the tone a little and has skip huge chunks of a manga. So you can't use the, "It's an adaption excuse." What I mean when I think the staff is like a lost puppy these recent episodes. I feel like the plot hasn't gone anywhere. I mean dude every character before Skaie got an episode to themselves, while Skaie can't get the same treatment. This isn't waifu wars, but I am wondering from a storytelling and plot standpoint what the show is doing. It doesn't seem like they have an idea of what the end goal is.
Mar 11, 2017 12:00 AM

Apr 2016
No it is just your imagination, show is fine nothing goes downhill lol.
Mar 11, 2017 12:18 AM
Aug 2011
SeasonADay for the shittiest reply ever huh?

I wouldn't say that it's in a downfall for me but rather mildly fluctuating up and down.
I personally really like Satou-sensei but I don't expect anything romantic to happen and that's all that her character is being pushed into as of late. So I would say that that does feel a bit aimless.

For now it seems like our main girls concerns have been resolved to an extent. I don't follow the manga so i'm sure there are other things to sort out. It's also felt a little bit more gag-ish/episodic. Hikari has her moments but what else?

The anime seems to be cruising to whatever acceptable end it can give. Like most of the seasonal stuff with ongoing manga does.
Still though it's not hitting any lows that bother me. Still one of the most watchable series of the season out of all the other garbage I couldn't tolerate.
standMar 11, 2017 12:23 AM
Mar 11, 2017 6:46 AM
Jun 2015
MasterHavik said:
SeasonADay said:

How about no? That's a very rude to start a discussion with someone. Also from what I have looked into it has changed the tone a little and has skip huge chunks of a manga. So you can't use the, "It's an adaption excuse." What I mean when I think the staff is like a lost puppy these recent episodes. I feel like the plot hasn't gone anywhere. I mean dude every character before Skaie got an episode to themselves, while Skaie can't get the same treatment. This isn't waifu wars, but I am wondering from a storytelling and plot standpoint what the show is doing. It doesn't seem like they have an idea of what the end goal is.

Yuki got 2 and a half episodes and Machi is getting another one tonight. I don't see whats the problem with Sakie. Character development isnt stuff that can be done with 1 episode, mate.
Mar 11, 2017 6:51 AM

Sep 2016
not really because i already know from 1 episode that this is going to be SoL shit of nothingness
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 11, 2017 7:42 AM

Jul 2014
Nothing really changed, you probably expected too much from this series, its a simple anime about a middle aged man getting a harem of 3 young students and a co-worker with a fine body, thats about it, a middle aged man's fantasy fanservice at its finest.
Mar 11, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2011
-Stray said:
Nothing really changed, you probably expected too much from this series, its a simple anime about a middle aged man getting a harem of 3 young students and a co-worker with a fine body, thats about it, a middle aged man's fantasy fanservice at its finest.
Sounds really creepy when you put it that way. Well what I was expecting wasn't no romance but him doing something with the information he is gathering.

uchimaki131 said:
MasterHavik said:

Yuki got 2 and a half episodes and Machi is getting another one tonight. I don't see whats the problem with Sakie. Character development isnt stuff that can be done with 1 episode, mate.
True but Skaie is still lacking her own episode. They also did a good job really telling a lot about the characters within one episode. They were able to do this by really sticking to the interview format. The interviews were entraining.

stand said:

I wouldn't say that it's in a downfall for me but rather mildly fluctuating up and down.
I personally really like Satou-sensei but I don't expect anything romantic to happen and that's all that her character is being pushed into as of late. So I would say that that does feel a bit aimless.

For now it seems like our main girls concerns have been resolved to an extent. I don't follow the manga so i'm sure there are other things to sort out. It's also felt a little bit more gag-ish/episodic. Hikari has her moments but what else?

The anime seems to be cruising to whatever acceptable end it can give. Like most of the seasonal stuff with ongoing manga does.
Still though it's not hitting any lows that bother me. Still one of the most watchable series of the season out of all the other garbage I couldn't tolerate.
stand said:

Well the show was playing with an 8 and 9 with me. Me citing poor art and animation as to why it can't get higher but it may be getting a 5 and 6 since the writing ha taken a nosedive. I don't think this show is bad but woefully mediocre.
Mar 11, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2013
Nope, last two episodes have also been fantastic
Best show of the season for me.
Mar 11, 2017 10:03 AM
Mar 2016
Even i enjoy that two more and more ... This anime keep make my interest, but i kind of agree with your point with Hikari. I want one episode she barely or even not showing up but like other said, this anime keep the story same with manga so it's kinda pointless to complain about that thing.
Mar 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
I don't agree. Episode 7 was really weak imo then ep. 8 was better and 9th one was my favourite so far. Sakie sure does have different feeling to her than other characters, but I like her episodes.
Mar 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
Terkhev said:
I don't agree. Episode 7 was really weak imo then ep. 8 was better and 9th one was my favourite so far. Sakie sure does have different feeling to her than other characters, but I like her episodes.
ep 8 was wasted on introducing characters that are so unimportant to the plot it's funny. ep 9 first 10 minutes was all about Sakie until getting bench for the rest of the ep.

SakurasouBusters said:
That's great. It's number 6 for me. Sometimes when I see this...it is so baseless. It is basically telling me to shut up and stop taking it too serious. Meh, I may be feeding into it too much. You're entitled to your opinion.

Maid dragon shits all over this show in my opinion.
Mar 11, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
nah it is still great
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 11, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
MasterHavik said:
Terkhev said:
ep 8 was wasted on introducing characters that are so unimportant to the plot it's funny. ep 9 first 10 minutes was all about Sakie until getting bench for the rest of the ep.

SakurasouBusters said:
That's great. It's number 6 for me. Sometimes when I see this...it is so baseless. It is basically telling me to shut up and stop taking it too serious. Meh, I may be feeding into it too much. You're entitled to your opinion.

Maid dragon is good but nowhere near as good as this imo
Mar 11, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2016
I honestly do have to agree except with me it started losing its charm around episode 9 instead of episode 8.
Mar 11, 2017 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
Ene1Virus said:
I honestly do have to agree except with me it started losing its charm around episode 9 instead of episode 8.
What do you mean by charm? I just feel it's unfocused.

SakurasouBusters said:
MasterHavik said:

Maid Dragon has better structure than this show. This show doesn't seem to want to focus on one character.
MasterHavikMar 11, 2017 1:02 PM
Mar 11, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
MasterHavik said:
Ene1Virus said:

SakurasouBusters said:

Mai Dragon has better structure than this show. This show doesn't seem to want to focus on one character.

And I think that's a strength.... I think all the characters have been developed quite nicely.... eithier way to me, both shows are great, I just prefer demi chan.
Mar 11, 2017 12:55 PM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
I
MasterHavik said:
Ene1Virus said:

SakurasouBusters said:

Mai Dragon has better structure than this show. This show doesn't seem to want to focus on one character.
think the reason why it does not focus in 1 character is because it tries to make a show about all the girls not just one. So the name "Demi-chan wa kawaritai" lol
Mar 11, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
MasterHavik said:

And I think that's a strength.... I think all the characters have been developed quite nicely.... eithier way to me, both shows are great, I just prefer demi chan.

I suppose by charm I mean whatever caused me to gravitate to the show in the first place. It is still there however they seem to be shifting gears in a bit of negative direction for me at least. So I guess saying it is unfocused would be accurate ;)
Mar 11, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2011
SakurasouBusters said:
MasterHavik said:

That's not how you write a story. Also it is kind of hypocritical since they had no problem making an ep about each girl. I feel Sakie is woefully underdeveloped still. I also don't like how Machi's crushing on Tetsuo was dropped out of nowhere. So tell me how is this a strength when it is just sewing together plot points instead of just focusing on one?

Sickpuppy said:
I
MasterHavik said:

think the reason why it does not focus in 1 character is because it tries to make a show about all the girls not just one. So the name "Demi-chan wa kawaritai" lol
Which translates into "Interview with Monster Girls." The show did a good job of living up to their name with the first 7 episodes, since it's Tetsuo interacting and interviewing each Demi.
Mar 11, 2017 1:10 PM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
MasterHavik said:
SakurasouBusters said:

That's not how you write a story. Also it is kind of hypocritical since they had no problem making an ep about each girl. I feel Sakie is woefully underdeveloped still. I also don't like how Machi's crushing on Tetsuo was dropped out of nowhere. So tell me how is this a strength when it is just sewing together plot points instead of just focusing on one?

Sickpuppy said:
I
Which translates into "Interview with Monster Girls." The show did a good job of living up to their name with the first 7 episodes, since it's Tetsuo interacting and interviewing each Demi.
Well in the latest episode the give a crap ton of exposition about the dullahan girl. Maybe that can be considered as interaction with the girls? I don't know, is not the best show in the season anyway
Mar 11, 2017 1:19 PM
Sep 2016
I actually loved the first 3 episodes and from the 4th onward I feel like it's started to be a bit floating, I wouldn't call it a downfall though.
Mar 11, 2017 5:27 PM

Jan 2011
Sickpuppy said:
MasterHavik said:

Well in the latest episode the give a crap ton of exposition about the dullahan girl. Maybe that can be considered as interaction with the girls? I don't know, is not the best show in the season anyway
Should have just said interviewing.
Mar 11, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
I thought episodes 8 and 9 were a return to form for the show after the very lackluster episode 7, personally.
Mar 12, 2017 4:35 AM
Jul 2014
MasterHavik said:
I gotta say for the first 7 episodes. I was really loving the show. It was focus and funny and really lived up to it name. They really did a good job on expanding the characters, but it seems like when they got to Skaie. They just hit a wall and now the staff is lost like a little puppy and has no idea what to do. The story just seems to go anywhere and doesn't want to focus on one character and kind of shoves Hikari into every scene for no real reason.

Don't worry, i had your same exact impression for the last two episodes (excluded the current one). All the psychological development of the characters seemed to inexplicably stop to give space to some random comedy and characters here and there that just sounded as "wtf" and extremely unnecessary. I think they were just episodes of transition though, even because i really appreciated the last one.
Mar 12, 2017 2:03 PM

Jun 2012
MasterHavik said:

Come on dude... You mentioned that Sakie should appear more in every comment, so the "this isn't a waifu war" isn't really convincing just cause you say it isn't.
True I would like that Sakie appeared more, but I won't say the show gets worse just because it isn't following what I want, I don't make the story I don't have that right.
The show is slice-of-life and the author won't use all is trump cards at the beginning for sure.
I bet she will have more development but it's just that you only will see it in the manga, cause the premise is about 3 school girls so she will come next.
Mar 12, 2017 9:08 PM

Feb 2014
If I judge purely based on the amount of relevant information poured into episodes, ep.7-8 are the weakest.

Ep 7 is wasted on introducing an irrelevant side char & a little development on sakie that could've been integrated in an episode including ep 8 first half.

Ep 8 2nd half is just trivial school issues, i mean dealing with tests has been done in many similar SoL anime and this one has nothing special to offer, though it has a potential to do so (for example, Machi could've easily cheated using her separate head or Hikari may gain temporary brain boost by drinking teacher's blood :P) but nah, all we got is a standard studying together, with honest effort you get result blah blah so boring

Ep 9 is back on track because it poured more relevant information on succubus & snow woman we haven't seen in previous episodes

As to where all of that information leads, i dont really care because it's just another 12-eps SoL anime, the kind i would forget next season. Unless it's an anime like the world god only knows (kaminomi zo shiru sekai) that got 3 seasons, don't bother
Mar 13, 2017 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Snaita said:
MasterHavik said:

Come on dude... You mentioned that Sakie should appear more in every comment, so the "this isn't a waifu war" isn't really convincing just cause you say it isn't.
True I would like that Sakie appeared more, but I won't say the show gets worse just because it isn't following what I want, I don't make the story I don't have that right.
The show is slice-of-life and the author won't use all is trump cards at the beginning for sure.
I bet she will have more development but it's just that you only will see it in the manga, cause the premise is about 3 school girls so she will come next.
News flash: I don't entrain that waifu war shit. When I want to see more of a character it's because I'm interested in them and want to her character be flush out. Come on now, not every anime fan's mind that one track. There is more to characters than visual appeal. I mean my favorite character is Tetsuo in this show. It's not because I'm hard gay for him or anything. But for how thoughtful and respectful he is. Any moment you think he'll fall into an anime trope, he does something different that is not only realistic in the situation but mature.

I think the show is going downhill because it kind of just stopped and has trouble staying on one character. It's like everything was fine until they got to Sakie. Also just a sidenote, why would I be sexual attached to someone in a track suit?

Protoz said:
If I judge purely based on the amount of relevant information poured into episodes, ep.7-8 are the weakest.

Ep 7 is wasted on introducing an irrelevant side char & a little development on sakie that could've been integrated in an episode including ep 8 first half.

Ep 8 2nd half is just trivial school issues, i mean dealing with tests has been done in many similar SoL anime and this one has nothing special to offer, though it has a potential to do so (for example, Machi could've easily cheated using her separate head or Hikari may gain temporary brain boost by drinking teacher's blood :P) but nah, all we got is a standard studying together, with honest effort you get result blah blah so boring

Ep 9 is back on track because it poured more relevant information on succubus & snow woman we haven't seen in previous episodes

As to where all of that information leads, i dont really care because it's just another 12-eps SoL anime, the kind i would forget next season. Unless it's an anime like the world god only knows (kaminomi zo shiru sekai) that got 3 seasons, don't bother
That is pretty much me, but sol can have a point and an endgame. Look at azumanga Daioh for example. Haruhi is another one that really knew how to put this concept on its head.
Mar 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Jun 2012
MasterHavik said:

I think the show is going downhill because it kind of just stopped and has trouble staying on one character. It's like everything was fine until they got to Sakie. Also just a sidenote, why would I be sexual attached to someone in a track suit?

You know that "waifu war" isn't limited to sexual obsession on a character, if that was the case it would be called "slut whore" or something...
It's a obsession not necessarily sexual, about a personal favorite female character appearing more and being chosen by the MC over the others ones, no matter if the story then makes sense or not and since no one chooses the same heroine, the war starts. What I'm getting at it's that I didn't say you were sexually attracted to Sakie, but obsessed with her character, but it doesn't matter.
You are watching the wrong show here, this is SoL and the standard is pretty much this one especially at the beginning of the series, each heroine gets screening time(it's tagged as romance), rinse and repeat, maybe in the future it will be like you want.
Azumanga Daioh and Harui had a point but for SoL you don't need it that's why those shows are rare.
What you want is just like, wanting romance/harem anime with deep and good plot, and to my knowledge I only found two anime like that, but that doesn't mean that all the others titles fail as romance/harem.
SnaitaMar 13, 2017 2:59 PM
Mar 18, 2017 6:38 PM

Oct 2016
I actually think this show went from 8 to 9.5 after they introduced Sakkie.

It's fine as is. No need to put complex story in this type of relaxing anime.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 13, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
After completing this series all I can say is that you don't know what you're talking about. 10/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 13, 2018 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
Janethan23 said:
After completing this series all I can say is that you don't know what you're talking about. 10/10
I finished it too. This post and thread was from over a year ago. Anyway, it's my opinion. I stated because I felt the show hit a brick wall from a narrative standpoint. I ended up being right as the last couple of episodes didn't go anywhere and ended up with fanservice episode with a weak conflict.

So at the end of day the show could be have been a 9 if there was a payoff to all this time spent on characters to be interesting. I came away disappointed in the show. I gave it a 5. It lacks the payoff Dragon Maid has.
May 13, 2018 4:22 PM

May 2015
MasterHavik said:
Janethan23 said:
I finished it too. This post and thread was from over a year ago. Anyway, it's my opinion. I stated because I felt the show hit a brick wall from a narrative standpoint. I ended up being right as the last couple of episodes didn't go anywhere and ended up with fanservice episode with a weak conflict.

So at the end of day the show could be have been a 9 if there was a payoff to all this time spent on characters to be interesting. I came away disappointed in the show. I gave it a 5. It lacks the payoff Dragon Maid has.

You weren't right though.

May 13, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
TsukuyomiREKT said:
MasterHavik said:

But there is like no conflict in the episodes..and it gets away from it's main focus and message.
May 14, 2018 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
MasterHavik said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

But there is like no conflict in the episodes..and it gets away from it's main focus and message.
This is the problem with fans like you; Expecting "conflict" from an anime that is basically Slice of life.
Majority of us here have no problem with that because we knew what we were getting into with the sol tag. Slice of life is an indulgence we came to enjoy and I couldn't get enough of it. Characters could do nothing but talk about cake while having tea(k-on) and we would still enjoy it.
Anyway: If you paid attention to the narrative and message of the anime you'll see it's the struggles of 3 girls and an adult trying to fit in and overcome their insecurities and problems caused by their mutations.
Thank God this anime didn't become generic by avoiding the harem route with overboard fanservice. There's too much of it out there and finding this anime is refreshing.
Janethan23May 14, 2018 8:29 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

94 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 8, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.