Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so we found more about Tama's past this episode.
Seems that her talent of singing was showing already when she was a kid. The promises this episode though....

The Tama and Fuuka character chemistry felt slightly awkward to me.

I'm guessing the BDs will uncensor the bath scenes.
Feb 3, 2017 6:27 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It could be the breaking point between the manga and anime, obvious you can't develop all the manga complexity in just 12 episodes.

About the episode, first the interaction between Fuuka and Koyuki was totally unexpected, it felt weird, however, is a clever way to prepare a replacement of Fuuka "if" she dies, but I am just speculating. So far the episode gives some background and a possible idea of how the series could end.

Feb 3, 2017 8:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
[insert meme here]

Also a bit too much censorship for my taste in this episode but oh well, not much you can do about it
Feb 3, 2017 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Mb i'm getting more and more impatient, but that was so slow ... Liked the first episodes and thought that the adaptation started pretty good, but if it continues this way it will be more like an every week chore.
Feb 3, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2011
Now I'm wondering where the anime is gonna end.
Feb 3, 2017 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

Also a bit too much censorship for my taste in this episode but oh well, not much you can do about it

Hahahah that was hilarious. The meme is strong here xD.

The chapter was full tama, nice special ending also. Wonder if the last conversation with fuuka (all anime original), are they hinting us that maybe they'll be going to a tama route? Nice episode overall.
Feb 3, 2017 9:13 AM
Jan 2017
Borsuk3344Feb 3, 2017 10:45 AM
Feb 3, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2013
Wow. They really slowed it down for us here, which I don't mind as long as enough of the manga gets covered. I'm not even sure we'll get to the conclusion of the festival concert by the next episode. At this pace, I really hope that we somehow get a miraculous second cour to cover a more substantial amount of Fuuka. 12 episodes just isn't enough...

As for the episode itself, I thought that it did a really good job of fleshing out Koyuki's unrequited love. Add in a long extended bath scene between Koyuki and Fuuka... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BDs, when?
Feb 3, 2017 9:19 AM
Feb 2010
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

Wow.
Foreshadowing.
Feb 3, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2014
Hey guys, it were hayamin singing in the ed? Dawn that voice is 10/10
Feb 3, 2017 9:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Finally got best girl Tama's backstory, but this episode just made me sad because I know that Yuu is going to destroy her feelings eventually
Feb 3, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
Man, this episode's has my feelings all confused...

Like, I thought it was clear Fuuka knew that she liked him, but she outright admits that she doesn't like anyone.

Maybe the whole 'I want to know what it's like to be in love so I'll help you' is what will make her realize she does like him?...

idk. Was an okay episode, don't like the filler tho.
Feb 3, 2017 9:32 AM
Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

I wonder if Anime will gonna be like manga...
Feb 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

My face during that entire scene.

Feb 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

LOL damnit you beat me to it.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 3, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2016
Great ep. again.
Anyone know the name of the ED song ?
Feb 3, 2017 10:02 AM

Dec 2014
Yay! Finally that Tama-chan episode which I wanted last week. I don't know about most of you above claiming the episode was slow and filler and stuff but to me this was honestly one of the best episodes till date.

Tama-chan's backstory to me at least felt really well done and very heartfelt. The reason why I find it so good is because of how it relates to who she is as a person now, It was sad seeing her suffer through her parent's problems but that's why she made up her mind to get stronger. The way Nico's innocent praises affected her through this situation especially when he praises her for having a great voice and a huge smile that he loves seeing is actually amazing because it becomes the driving point of her character and conviction. Her choice of becoming an idol fits so well into this as it shows that she wanted to stay true to herself and I'm sure she worked really hard to make it big. This an actual story of a girl pushing through her issues, working hard and staying true to herself. Yes, I might be exaggerating what was shown but to me personally I found Tama's story inspiring. In my opinion this episode fleshed out Tama's character really well and to anyone calling this a time waste or whatever, I'm gonna have to disagree.

Tama-chan is so cute when she blushes <3
Bath scene ftw, Job well done Fuuka. XD
I also loved the conversation between Fuuka and Tama-chan about her songs, really liked how Fuuka gave Tama-chan a much more optimistic perspective to her songs.

That post credit scene sucked big time, Why did they have to do that? This is probably gonna result in some unnecessary drama. :|
Feb 3, 2017 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
Borsuk3344 said:

You should edit and put all your post with the spoiler tag. Be considerate.
Feb 3, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see some more backstory for Tama. She was a good singer back when she was a kid. She and Fuuka got some time to hang out and talk about song-writing. Next episode doesn't look good.
Feb 3, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
i dont know why but i still couldn't care about any of these character yet .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 3, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
Lots of character development in this episode, and I loved every single second of it. The interaction between Fuuka and Koyuki, although at a bathhouse (Of which I didn't mind at all no siree), was great as well. Poor Yuu, though. Honestly, he deserves both of them, but we all know that that's impossible now at this point in time. Anyways, can't wait to see more next week!

The ever-looming shadow of a great terror in the distance, though, has finally revealed a glimpse of themselves... It's too early to raise my pitchfork in retaliation, but seriously... Damn it, Seo Kouji.
Feb 3, 2017 10:52 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

Lol, that was hilarious, even passed in my head the same thing but ... I thought things could be different right now.

Feb 3, 2017 11:00 AM
Feb 2008
I reall like Tama-chan more like Fuuka. But yeah, that truck kun part was really sarcastic heh.
I am still curious how this anime is going to end. If they will rly cut it in truck-kun part or in the concert part.
Feb 3, 2017 11:05 AM

Feb 2016
best girl didn't appeared on this episode...

this show reminded me how much I hate childhood female-friends in anime, they tend to think that they are the best match ever that not even the boy they like can have a word of it, its like they force them to have a relationship just because they were friends during childhood (i've got certain spoiler, so im okay with that happening in case this anime adapts it well and doesn't fuck it up)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

That scene lol, it can't be unintentional
Feb 3, 2017 12:48 PM
Mar 2016
You know I haven't been in a Japanese bath house , but shouldn't they be in the sauna first then clean up and then take a dip and relax, cu'z what the 2 girls were doing is the opposite?

Now, Nico loves Fuuka but doesn't like tama anymore, but on the other hand Fuuja seemly doesn't acknowledge in front of tama that she loves nico, geez
Feb 3, 2017 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
Man what a waste of an Episode this was... Best grl has yet to appear and at this point I am not even sure if she will appear in the anime so meh. Wonder when this anime will end tho. With the current pacing it could end at the big "bang".
Feb 3, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
Obligatory pointless fanservice episode.
I really hope this is enough to satisfy the virgins.

What a waste of an entire episode.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Feb 3, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2015
Read the manga... won't be surprised what happens next. But I do hate that fucking loser for taking a pic of other ppl without permission but its already happening in the 3-D world.
Feb 3, 2017 4:11 PM
Jan 2015
I liked how this episode eloabrted on the past between Yuu and koyuki. They are so adorable. They also explained the nicknames. Although that picture taken by the stangers has sinsiter vibes.
Kami_WillisFeb 3, 2017 4:20 PM
Feb 3, 2017 5:10 PM
Jun 2011
can anyone please tell me what the name of the ending song in this episode?
Feb 3, 2017 5:19 PM

Nov 2011
While watching the second half I thought to myself..."This is new" and it certainly was.
Then the spoiler that @HaXXspetten mentioned, and I'm laughing constantly throughout the rest of the episode. My god they have to finish with THAT!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 3, 2017 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
And flow of random coincidences continues... but it was really nice background episode for Tama, now I really favour her for winning (even though all the flags around tells me it's wasted effort.. but I also like outsiders more)

And with all the (kinda needless and not very natural) fanservice one has to hate the censoring even though it was no dealbreaker.

Wonder how their photo being published stirs everything though. I can already say it won't be anywhere close to pretty.

The actual story is still cliche as hell, mainly meaning two girls loving one boy not knowing that and even supporting themselves in that effort. How stupid Fuuka has to be not bringing one and one together and not realizing the facts when Koyuki tells her it's someone she loves ever since childhood and when she even saw them together on the beach before and was sulking because of it? Like really?

But at least the execution is good and characters are mostly likeable so it's still kinda enjoyable.
Mich666Feb 3, 2017 5:55 PM
Feb 3, 2017 6:36 PM
Nov 2016
It was interesting to learn about Tama's past and the kind of relationship she had with Yuu when they were kids.

Tama and Fuuka really have an awkward chemistry to them but it is all well and good.
Feb 3, 2017 6:51 PM
Mar 2016
kirasykes said:
Great ep. again.
aledoscope said:

elior1 said:

The ending title is "Yukihanabi" (雪花火)
by Saori Hayami (Koyuki's VA)
Feb 3, 2017 6:56 PM
Aug 2009
Alecks said:
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

I see I wasn't the only one lel
Feb 3, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2016
Yes the goddess has a whole episode to herself! I love Tama she is such a doll. Wasn't really expecting her to run into Fuuka but they were fun to watch together even though they were naked the whole time
Feb 3, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
This was definitely a filler episode, but it was enjoyable.
Feb 3, 2017 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
Alecks said:
HaXXspetten said:
[insert meme here]

Yo same. Truck goes by and I start thinking, "fuuuck thiiiis shoooww." (Nice use of Chitoge face, btw.)

It's not that it's necessarily a bad show, but it makes me rage for so many reasons... and I think I unintentionally found a new one with that scene.
Feb 3, 2017 10:42 PM

Oct 2014
Just die already b****

Tama episode. No real relevance, unless they decide to change the whole story completely.
Revvie-chanFeb 3, 2017 10:48 PM
Feb 3, 2017 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
yeah that truck is... awful
Feb 3, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
She says one sided love when it was just confirmed last episode that he liked her back, at least growing up.
Feb 4, 2017 12:15 AM

Jul 2016
hattada said:
kirasykes said:
Great ep. again.
aledoscope said:

elior1 said:

The ending title is "Yukihanabi" (雪花火)
by Saori Hayami (Koyuki's VA)

Thank you so much <3
Feb 4, 2017 1:10 AM

Oct 2015
This was the most uneventful episode up to now. I already don't like ecchi, there are too much cliches, and its just boring.

I almost slept through it. Its 3:09 in the morning though, so maybe thats why xD
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Feb 4, 2017 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
So uncensored when? Lol. Well this series has quite the slow pace that I was not expecting. I was thinking of picking up the manga and reading from the beginning should this anime pique my interest enough but eh idk. Then reading some of the comments in here makes me feel like: If there's such a grim future for a certain MC female, why is the manga still ongoing?
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 4, 2017 1:18 AM

Jul 2014
Well, with that post credit scene, things look like they're going to become a lot more problematic for Koyuki and Yuu, and I'm expecting there'll be a lot of drama about it next week. That aside, this was a slow but solid episode that did a good job giving us more insight into Koyuki's perspective of things so far.

Also, the truck thing would have completely passed me by as completely random if people in these episode threads hadn't been practically spoiling it since the very beginning, so thanks for that everyone.
Feb 4, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2014
well that was good episode main focus tama chan ... kayuri san
Feb 4, 2017 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
2thuriel said:
That's what I'm wondering too. They stretched this episode way too much.
Feb 4, 2017 9:45 AM
Apr 2016
mozgow said:
2thuriel said:

Wait, there are alternative endings at the manga?
Feb 4, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
Lax_Caux said:
mozgow said:

Wait, there are alternative endings at the manga?

the manga havent even ended yet

those 2 are just speculation on which point of the story will the anime ends
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2017

86 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.