Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
I can't get enough of this serie.

AOTY for me.
Dec 7, 2016 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like we've been losing track of the aesthetic we started with, where there was all kinds of imagination exploring... We've gone into interpersonal relationships.

Obviously Cocona is some sort of Pure Illusion prodigy.

Yayaka's speeches on weakness were pretty contrived from the beginning. It was too obvious that she was projecting her own weakness on Papika.

At any rate, it's nice that we're getting to know more about Yayaka. She needed the amorphous, but she wasn't willing to actually injure her, or let her get killed by the missiles. I hope they can free her of the chains that is the weird cult group.

Is Mimi the blue haired girl?
GenesisAriaDec 7, 2016 7:29 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 9, 2016 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
LOL at Cocona & Papika...they're like LQ...Lovers Quarrel!
Bu-chan so troubled!
so the name of those 2 girls with Yayaka was Toto & Yuyu and their VA are also youngsters! (I'd check MAL char list)
Yayaka all the time was super jealous of Papika because of how close they were and she's comparing how long they've been friends compared to Papika who like she's implying met just yesterday!
Those glass breaking images of Cocona & Yayaka was just like erasing your memories with her (analogy?)
In the end Yayaka hesitated and lost her resolve even though this was her last chance!
Oh good thing Yayaka protected Cocona...not really good outcome for Yayaka.
Papika's Mimi syndrome is getting worse!
5/5.

Dec 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
So Mimi was her previous teammate. Good episode as usual
Dec 16, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2012
-Hey, blue twintails was in a freeze frame of the panning shot over all of the robots in the OP
-Hidaka's gonna get the two killed with that attitude
-Hey this episode's theme is space anime, it seems
-Or a tribute to nothing
-Lotta motion blur in those kicks
-Toto and Yuyu's names are both made of one syllable repeated 2 times, just like Mimi, but not like Cocona, Papika, or Yayaka
-Cocona's gaze of motherly disappointment
-Wait, wasn't Cocona under the impression that Papika didn't care for her too much? What's with the sudden change of heart near the end there?
-Seems like the doctors at the town hospital are connected with the weird cult
-Yayaka wailing on Cocona was a pretty cool scene
-Wait a minute, how did Cocona get out of that explosion unscathed

I'm not a fan of how the things happened in this episode, and pretty much the only memorable part of it was the fight between Yayaka and Cocona. The animation in pretty much any other scene seemed like it wasn't as fluid as it used to be. Also, Cocona emerging unscathed after being hit with a bunch of explosive missiles made no sense, especially since Yayaka was knocked out by it. Maybe it would have been more believable if Yayaka hurled Cocona out of the way, instead. The whole Yayaka subplot itself seems pretty standard, but it seems like more things are being revealed about the Mimi subplot, which is actually kinda interesting. Overall, this was a pretty disappointing episode with almost none of the charm that the earlier episodes had.
Dec 17, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
Yayaka is jealous, coz she wants Cocona to herself!
Dec 17, 2016 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
That was great!

How long are you going to keep running?
As long as you are chasing me.

Love the cute, silliness.

Yayaka joins them now? finally?...
Bu-chan was pretty beat up... lmao
Dec 22, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
Nothing happens: the episode. I officially don't enjoy this series any longer. The episodic adventures were fun while they lasted, the animation isn't top tier any longer either (in terms of sakuga). They had to shit the bed with a garbage plot, which is a confusing mess and doesn't make any sense, basically, they went with the 2deep4you path.
:3
Dec 24, 2016 6:41 AM

May 2015
It strangely bugged me that Cocona's bandage was on the opposite side of the cut from Yayaka
Dec 27, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, focusing on personal relationships.
Jan 4, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2012
Amazing character development with a wonderful backstory and ending! Really looking forward to see what happens next!
Jan 18, 2017 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode that focused on the friendship between Cocona and Yayaka and how Papika is affecting them both.

Those twins are truly heartless!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2017 9:57 PM

Apr 2013
Fuck man, the tension they built in this episode!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Feb 19, 2017 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
So intense and heartbreaking! I hope Yayaka is ok.
Mar 16, 2017 3:51 PM

Feb 2015
I guess those twins are just emotionless robots, can't really blame them for being shitty. And I do like Yayaka more now they've humanized her a fair bit. I'm not really sure how Cocona and Yayaka are, like they'll be really close and prove that one second, and then some wedge will come between them the next. Need to know about this "Mimi". Very good episode!!
Mar 31, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2013
Pure suffering for Yayaka in this episode. </3
May 25, 2017 11:25 AM

Feb 2014
Dang, what a dramatic episode. Yayaka had to really hurt Cocona in order to save her position with the organization she's working for, but she ultimately couldn't do it because they have been such good friends. Hopefully she's okay :'(

Now who's this Mimi? Maybe one of Papika's former partners? We really haven't seen her backstory so this could get pretty interesting. That or Pure Illusion is messing with everyone's head O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2013
Much love and respect for Yayaka since episode 1. My favourite girl of this series by far.

Jan 30, 2019 2:24 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Damn. Childhood friends never win. And this actually made me feel for Yayaka despite her being apart of this organization since she was so young. Papika took over her spot and made her compromised in her role. I'd be bitter as fuck too.

I'm still loving every ounce of visuals. God. It's a masterpiece each and every one.
Jul 17, 2019 9:46 PM

Oct 2017
I knew Yayaka wouldn't be able to hurt Cocona, seems like making Yayaka befriend Cocona at such an early age backfired on them.
SeijiroUshio said:

Buu-chan and Uexkull doing the preview is hilarious I understand almost nothing.

I was not prepared for this and absolutely lost it.
Dec 5, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Someone should make a compilation video of all Yayaka's "Huh?".
Mar 31, 2020 6:46 PM

May 2013
lol I knew Yayaka was jealous of PapikaXCocona since the day she grabbed Cocona's arm after she was done hiding from Papika in the nurse's office. Too easy.

Mimi is prolly Papika's previous partner who died and got wiped out from her memory :0
May 5, 2020 1:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Instead explaining Mimi, they keep everything about pure illusion as blurry as possible. And now, when they go to complete white room, some sudden change gonna wild for the entire show. Especially for the Papi past (through Mimi lost), Coco true feeling (toward childhood memories with Yayaka and questionable relations to Papika), and Yayaka personalities and past too (complete reference to what happen on that world). Then the twins gone crazy mode and destroy Yayaka souls. The show must come to an end in fast approaches.

An outstanding episode, rather i said, nice-interesting level of excitement. This is the best episode so far. Surprising how they managed to compile these show for that level of enjoyment, while in my mind still lost on almost every plot story parts they had and happened in the entire show.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Feb 2020
They really should stop using that music during the last seconds of each episode, before the ED. It sometimes doesn't at all fit the mood and that was the case here, Yayaka might be dead (though she most likely isn't) and the music is all "YAAAY FUUUN".

Other than that I have a lot to say about this episode.
First of all, Yayaka best girl. She's way more interesting than any other character in this show.
As for the rest, I'm impressed at the amount of revelations and twists we got.
Firstly, Papika keeps mixing things up between Cocona and Mimi. It might mean that Papika used to have a friend similar to Cocona and who also was a flip flapper, and for some reason the two got separated and Papika forgot about her, but all this actually affects her subconscious and impacts her relationship with Cocona, which might explain why she always cared so much about her despite barely knowing her.
There's also the fact that Cocona can be very jealous and doesn't like knowing that Papika can think about someone else, which makes her very similar to Yayaka on that level, even though she came back to her senses pretty quickly.
There's a third member of the twins' family and she is most likely to replace Yayaka now. And the twins are definitely different from the rest of the cast, they don't even feel human. (On a side note, after 9 episodes I finally understood one of the two is a boy. I feel dumb.)
Cocona and Yayaka know each other since childhood, but unlike what I thought they didn't meet at school but at the hospital. Both of them apparently used to go through exams they didn't at all like. I wonder what it was for...
Yayaka apparently always had something to do with the weird organization and they used her to, for whatever reason, spy on Cocona. However, the little Yayaka got attached to Cocona and saw her as a friend.
But she also got really attached to the notion of "having a place". Consequently losing this place is destructive for her, leaving her at a very conflicted state of seeing Cocona both as a friend and an enemy. But her friendship with Cocona still very strongly influences her actions, to the point of feeling real jealousy when seeing how Papika replaced her. The images of Cocona with Yayaka being replaced by Cocona with Papika was very sad...
Ultimately, this friendship was stronger than the rest, even though, and that's something I really like, being unable to seriously hurt Cocona is something that really hurts Yayaka, due to proving her unworthy of the place she thought she had.
But now she's sacrificed herself for Cocona almost mechanically... I really hope she's okay.
Mar 21, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2020
Great character development with an interesting backstory. That fight was pretty epic.
Oct 4, 2021 3:47 AM

Feb 2019
No, Yayaka and Cocona stop fighting!!

You are childhood friends.

No Yayaka, no.

I hate the twins.

Mimi is Papika's partner??!!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 8, 2022 5:34 PM

Oct 2022
Even on concept alone, the astronaut helmets reflecting stars, the gunpowder around Yayaka after she was hit, the crystal reflecting Yayaka/Cocona's past as they fought, all brilliant concepts that force us to just sit and gawk. They've maintained the experimental wonderland nature of the show every single episode, and that consistency is making this a very memorable show.

Mar 9, 2023 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
Plot thickens. This more like it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

190 by DELLspencer »»
Jul 14, 11:01 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.