Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 25, 2016 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
hmm that means Qualidea Code is the most worthless anime in my opinion here and tbh the ending look like some 22 Jump Street-like where Canaria just run around to save everyone and she will not deserve a medal for that :P and all of the characters are worst :|
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 25, 2016 1:26 AM

Dec 2013
Would put this on par with World Break and Big Order, but lets be honest, those were actually a lot worse.

This show started off in a way too cliche manner and maintained it up till Canaria "died". Things got interesting when they flipped the script, but in the end the lack of tension and the silly resolution of killing off their former guardians to seal the gate and stave off an Unknown invasion was a bit too... shall we say unexciting? We all knew that Airi developed feelings for the human kids after their long association and wanted to sacrifice her life to protect them in the end. That would pretty much entailed how things would end.

I guess apart from the bro-sis duo's mom being such a big baby, everything else was pretty much what you'd expected of this show. Not bad, but not that great either.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 25, 2016 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
that bitch betrayed them well it was okay
Sep 25, 2016 2:39 AM

Apr 2016
Qualidea Code comes to a conclusion!
To be honest, the story is quite interesting but could've been better if they executed the events properly and smoothly.
Characters were average.
As for the animation, I was really disappointed to the fact that it is A-1 Pictures, which supposedly a very good studio in terms of animation. The characters look so derpy and the action scenes were so stiff. It looks like they are being lazy of making this anime. I just can't focus on watching because the inconsistency is very noticeable.
Overall, I give it a 5/10.
Sep 25, 2016 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
So Asanagi was a human who saw Yunami as a human instead of an unknown and fell in love with her which is why he's on the enemy's side and Aoi joins the enemy too because she couldn't betray them after all they did for them. And after the fight, obviously, the kids win. The kids don't have to work but they feel like it's their duty to patch up the city before doing anything further.

The show started picking up after what happened to Canaria. I was almost about to drop it before that but I stuck around and I was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out to be. But around the time it started getting better, it also started to look bad. "Crappie" doesn't even begin to describe these horrible cringe worthy visuals. But it was kinda expected because A-1. The LiSA OPs and ClariS EDs were cool. Overall quite a nice show. It could have been better if it didn't look like crap.
Sep 25, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
This series really surprised me in a good way. At first I thought it was stupid and the worst anime of the season.
However, as the episodes were coming, I found myself enjoying the show and finding it really entertaining. The characters really grown on me and I ended liked the majority of them (except Aoi, who, as I believed, turned out to be a traitorous bitch at the end) and I liked the OPs/EDs a lot (ClariS and LiSA are love and life after all).

Despite that the animation was crap and the plot was nothing special (but still damn entertaining), I cannot give this more than a 6/10, but considering I expected nothing from this, that's honestly surprising.

I wonder if they will make a second season, considering some plot points weren't resolved, but as the main plot was resolved in a conclusive way, I doubt it.

Ironic how I ended having a reverse Taboo Tattoo with this (at the start I liked the later and at the end I ended disliking it, while with Qualidea Code I started hating the show to like it at the end).
Life can be so ironic indeed.
Sep 25, 2016 5:38 AM
Mar 2012
art bit more consistent, but all the important action happens offscreen, with random background shots & soundfx, even Suzaku's reply gets cutoff. It's like they're trying hard to troll?
A superpower action show w/o action? Even with the interesting matrix concepts, and nice Chiba dialogue, i did like most characters & hoped it improve, but execution fails with directing, pacing, art etc. Unfortunately it joins the ranks of Lance n masques in overall quality.
Sep 25, 2016 6:10 AM
Aug 2016
In my opinion I will give the anime 7/10
The animation from fights and some dialog are poorly made
The Story is good
and the ending is not that special

I there are more story what being showed I am hopping for a new season with better animation features
Sep 25, 2016 6:46 AM
May 2016
TheGreatRapture said:
Why is he number 4? He controls gravity ffs.

Cause girls are beasts. lol
Sep 25, 2016 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked the characters, Asuha and Canaria were especially cute. The story was also somewhat interesting, and the soundtrack was good. But it was rushed, and the animation was horrible.
Sep 25, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
So much potential went to waste. I really like the atmosphere of the show and the art style but the animation was bad, really bad. I mean all the action scenes were off screen. what the hell was A1 doing? Gakusen Toshi Asterisk S2 and this? its like black and white :|
Anyway with all that into account and not to mention the great OSD/ OP/ ED ill give it 7/10
Sep 25, 2016 5:03 PM

Sep 2015
They clearly blew their budget way early on in the series. You could see the cost cutting was really bad especially in these later episodes. This finale was full of egregious "We ran out of money" moments.

Overall this series was meh. Taku Iwazaki's music is honestly the only reason I stuck with it and it most certainly did not live up to how much great work he put into it. While there are some great character moments they felt like they were thought of midway through production and not intentional. The series really never found its voice until midway through and by then they had already exhausted a majority of their budget and time to tell what could have been a really interesting story. What wasted potential.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Sep 25, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
I still do not understand the purpose of the anime, playing the protagonists of one side to the other, trying to make big changes in the plot and very methodical characters, well, I think it served as good entertainment, but nothing really great, good to spend time ..
Sep 25, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2009
footmaster said:
To be honest, the story is quite interesting but could've been better if they executed the events properly and smoothly.
Characters were average.
As for the animation, I was really disappointed to the fact that it is A-1 Pictures, which supposedly a very good studio in terms of animation. The characters look so derpy and the action scenes were so stiff. It looks like they are being lazy of making this anime. I just can't focus on watching because the inconsistency is very noticeable.
tbh honest bro i like A-1 Pictures early anime work like GATE for example they put a lot animation work in that anime unlike Qualidea which has full of betrayal and no military stuff work

Sep 25, 2016 8:15 PM

Apr 2013
Absolute trash. Would have given this a decent rating had they killed the teacher guy and the stupid psycho glasses girl. This deserves a solid 3.
Calavera_89Sep 25, 2016 8:22 PM
Sep 25, 2016 8:37 PM

Apr 2016
Prankster_001 said:
footmaster said:
Characters were average.
tbh honest bro i like A-1 Pictures early anime work like GATE for example they put a lot animation work in that anime unlike Qualidea which has full of betrayal and no military stuff work

I love GATE! One of my favorite in A-1 Pcitures.
And yes, A-1 Pictures did a good job in GATE's animation unlike Qualidea Code's.
Sep 26, 2016 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
In QC you "hear" the battle and not see it. Awesome. I actually enjoyed watching this anime even though it was somewhat lacking in some aspects. Still an enjoyable past 3 months to look forward to it every week. I found the characters rather likeable and that was probably made it for me.
allo
Sep 26, 2016 3:32 AM

Dec 2015
I got to say that this show has an incredible ost. The full version of canarias song and a few others have a dubstep thing going on which I found cool.

The show itself wasn't that good. Cool idea though
Sep 26, 2016 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
This is it, the final battle. And Ao went and messed things up for everybody else, I knew it would happen at some point though. But apparently shes an expert in hand to hand combat now and doesn't need glasses and I'm calling crap on that. Everyone gets wrecked but Canaria brings the hype with her singing and everyone gets inspired and stuff, and I actually got a bit emotional for the bad guys. For a low budget anime like this that usually looks like children drew it, this looked pretty dang good. That was a pretty dang nice and strong finale for this series. Final score... I'll give it a seven.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 26, 2016 6:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the commander was the one that discovered the gate
and was killed by Airi the gate keeper
figures

Wow that twist with Aoi
quite understandable though since they were her parents
But at least my favorite seiyuu finally gets more of a role
and a villainous one as well a first for Sora Amamiya

But asanagi is definitely not just human
he's more like a hybrid
Think Sarah Kerrigan from starcraft

Wow Aoi is actually pretty strong
and fast

Ah well Cana can be fine as comic relief i guess

Combat in this episode was strong with three battles taking place concurrently

Music was also pretty strong as well

Hotaru is a badass even without her arms lol

Cana's song as always is the key to victory

Im glad that in the end Asanagi and Aoi survived but at the same time Airi did not

But at least Tenkawa placed a grave for her at least
and that everyone still thinks of her as a person coming to visit her grave

Well in the end at least the war is over and the gate is gone
and peace is back

Overall a good last episode and i though that the ending was just right.
Peace is reigning and they didn't see Airi as an true enemy to be despised but an enemy that was only one by circumstance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
This was just as hard to follow as Taboo Tattoo. Jesus christ.

Only decent thing about this were the cliffhangers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
Not sure why I haven't dropped it after the first few episodes. I should have... ah, nevermind...

It was uninteresting until the matrix effect, but that also died very quickly, and the ending was meh...
Sep 26, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2013
The characters were okay, plot was simple yet full of twists, and both EDs were epic. This is enough for me to give 7/10.

The last ep felt like a lot of asspulls were contrived and rushed the fuck out of every action scenes. But still I enjoyed watching every episode nonetheless.
Sep 26, 2016 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
TahZin said:
Quality Code:

When you thought the character is constipated, but she's actually smiling in a sort of relieved tone

that smile of Airi's is not accepted by me i wanna kill her w/ a .500 magnum and beat her to death with a baseball bat and tell her "your a dork Nazi!"

Sep 26, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
Now this is an anime that I want to see get remade in the future with a proper budget and maybe a different studio. I loved the story, the characters, and let's not forget the music, but the animation just looked downright terrible at times. I hate that every single fight was turned into a powerpoint slideshow.

Aside from that, this was a pretty satisfying ending. Qualidea Code was definitely one of my favorites from this season despite its animation.
Sep 26, 2016 9:27 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I expected more from this but it was one of the worst anime realeased this year. Stupid plot, horrendous animation and terrible execution.

The only reason I watched through this was Asuha and Kasumi (and to a lesser degree Maihime and Hotaru).

3.5/10
Sep 26, 2016 9:52 PM

Nov 2011
There is just shit that makes no sense. So did Asuha like snap Aoi's neck or just put her to sleep? Also Hotaru had no use of her arms, and then she back to holding her sword like it's nothing.

Like it blows my fucking mind how this anime is rated above a 6. I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone unless you enjoy shitty animation, a terrible story, and Generic characters.

I wish I could give this anime a -10/10 but in the end it gets a 1.

Good Night Qualidea code
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 27, 2016 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
SoraSenpai said:
So did Asuha like snap Aoi's neck or just put her to sleep?

Honestly, I wish she snapped her neck. But sadly, she was just put to sleep. Never liked Aoi and never will.

SoraSenpai said:
Also Hotaru had no use of her arms, and then she back to holding her sword like it's nothing.

I assume this was because of Canaria's singing buff. But it could just be anime inconsistency. You see this too often in almost every anime...

Honestly, I checked the corrections and fixes someone posted earlier. If QC was like that in the first place, it would have been much, much more enjoyable. It's so sad that we had to watch a slideshow with characters with weird body physics. I might check it out again once BD quality is around the net.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Sep 27, 2016 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
Overall I thought the show was good.....nothing amazing though.

7/10
Sep 27, 2016 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
This show was basically a cheap rip-off of the Matrix.
Sep 28, 2016 1:31 AM

Aug 2015
It's funny how this show had actually some good ideas and twists, but the staff had no idea how to apply them properly. Failure in animation and storytelling, sad to see wasted potential but maybe the creators learned something from this.
Sep 28, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Canaria's singing is always great, it's one of the reasons I kept watching this show, the main reason is Hime and Hotaru, and that's it, not much to say.

6/10
Sep 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
Eh? That was just that? The finale felt really rushed.
I dunno why I lasted till the final episode. What a disappointment.
Well because of that, I'll rate this anime a 5 out 10 score overall.
RayzerSep 29, 2016 11:08 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2016 4:54 PM

Jan 2012
I had some expectations from the anime due to the same director who done Yahari Snafu. This anime is just all over the place and I don't even know what the heck is going on. 4/10

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 1, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2015
i just finished watching it as a whole without knowing what I'm getting into
I ended up really liking it and I'm surprised on its average rating
Oct 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
8/10, Once the twist came about the fake world it got really interesting. Once Canaria and Hime came back it got even better. Finale was alright. Glad to see everything worked out and everybody important is alive.
Oct 1, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly the background/premise isn't bad. For someone who hasn't read the LN, my understanding is basically that Unknowns invaded this world for to look for vessels to inhabit. As they began their invasion, the commander of this group of Unknowns, Airi, encountered Gutoku, who fell in love with her, presumably because something wrong with his vision enabled him to see Airi in her human appearance without him having a chip installed. The invasion unfolded. Unknowns proceeded with their plans. Meanwhile, Airi and Gutoku, who fell in love, together developed feelings for the children they commanded, probably in part because they couldn't have children together. I'm assuming that Unknowns don't reproduce at all but self-propagate from one vessel to another.

They probably didn't have a goal. They may have just wanted to keep this going for as long as they could. But the main cast found out about the truth. Airi and Gutoku, fearing that once the Unknowns deploy reinforcements humanity would be utterly wiped out, came up with this plan whereby Airi would allow herself to be killed so the Unknowns would be deterred from/scared into not coming back to earth. Perfectly reasonable plot.

As with a lot of series, I just wish this wasn't so rushed. I think with a series like this that is less plot than character-driven, there's a lot more they could've done to explore each character's inner thoughts, etc., particularly Yaegaki's. But overall it was a decent series nonetheless. I liked the characters a lot. The animation quality really needs to step up though if they get a season 2. IF. 3/5 for this.
Oct 2, 2016 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty mediocre show with poor animation. The story was confusing at first but became very predictable after episode 8 so it kinda killed my interest. As for the characters I kinda liked the apathetic siblings from Chiba and the OP girls from Kanegawa. But man the Tokyo pair was a joke. The arrogant and proud dude who became an emotional wreck after the first few episodes and his equally dumb partner whose ability is to sing and act cute like a typical female MC made it possible. The ending was lame for sure. Like everyone were losing then all of the sudden Canaria starts singing and they win. Very realistic and innovative conclusion LOL

5/10
Oct 2, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2009
This show was a potential masterpiece. The premise and twist ideas were bloody rock solid and shining like gold. It's a shame it was handled so poorly.

I give it an 8/10 due to it's spirit, even if it didn't empirically measure up.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 4, 2016 7:58 AM
Dec 2014
I think people are a bit harsh on this anime but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting something amazing. I get that the animation wasn't great and the ending was a little rushed but I thought the characters were good- interesting- and I enjoyed the backstories we got. I also thought the plot was enjoyable.

I gave this anime a 7/10 because it was decent enough and managed to make me cry (but I am a bit of baby haha) so that should amount to something. If it hadn't of made me cry I probably would give it a 6/10.

Oct 5, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2011
It was an okay ending to an okay series. Quality is downright horrible. It wasn't bad at all. The Chiba siblings are the most interesting characters. Canaria getting lost was quite funny. The Music, OST are good.

6/10. A fine rating.
Oct 12, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
I feel like this could have been really good, it had an interesting concept, but the execution was not taken seriously, it's comical. A lot of stuffs weren't explained either, and the characters felt hollow, one-dimensional. The character interaction was fun, and my favorite has to be the Chigusa siblings, I was rooting to get some bro x sis action on to be honest. Other than that, the plot was boring for the majority of the series until that 'truth' moment.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 20, 2016 3:28 PM
Nov 2010
I liked the idea used since it isn't used often. Other than that, the storytelling was pretty weak, the development of the characters was improperly distributed and most of them were quite annoying partly due to that. The reused scenes were a bit too obvious. The very base of the story, along with fine work on the music department, were enough for it to be watchable, though.
Oct 27, 2016 12:44 PM

May 2010
Feels like they copied RahXephon. But seriously how did they make the main character the least interesting character in the cast? Terrible.

I will miss the incest red hair sister lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 24, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
Mmmmm imo this anime had a decent if not pretty cool concept and twist planned, but the way it paced the story and managed itself... Left much to be desired.
Nonetheless though, excluding all the production value, corner-cutting issues, I was a fan of the story, I was okay with the music and I did enjoy some characters and interactions. In terms of sheer enjoyment, I have to say it was very enjoyable, although the complaint about the production issues still stands.
I guess to a lesser extent it also tried to make use of some common tropes that sorta backfired but still as a whole I actually enjoyed this a lot.
High 7 - low 8, this definitely isn't a show for everyone but I think it was a pretty fun ride.

Kasumi onii is best boi
Chiba siblings were the highlight of the show for me Asuha and Kasumi banter is best banter
*ahem*

also I hope that they make use of the BDs and fix those fights... Please xD
gust11Nov 24, 2016 1:41 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 28, 2016 3:01 AM
Nov 2016
I like Chigusa siblings in this anime.
Dec 9, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
This anime could definitely have been better... but I still enjoyed it. Not the best but still a fun watch for me after everything~

How Aoi turned out kinda made me roll my eyes though. lol and I feel bad for Asanagi and Airi. Also, I wish they did more for the characters' background. It kinda left me ??? but because of how fast paced the ending was, my questions were thrown out the window. This was especially true for Asanagi... like, what started his weird visions anyway? etc.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 13, 2016 7:23 AM
Jul 2016
Some say this Anime is good and some disagree, but I personally like this anime. I find some of the the episodes really emotional such as Canaria death (not really) ill rate it a 8/10 since the finale felt a bit rushed indeed
Dec 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Kurosumaro said:
I like Chigusa siblings in this anime.

Me too.
They were the only that keep my attention to the show.
Dec 19, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
For some reason I really cringed this episode lol.

Anyway poor animu tbh. 4/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.