Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty entertaining episode.

We got the continued fight between Vivio and Rinne. Rinne didn't have any intention on giving up so I think she took quite a bit of risky to land her attacks even if it meant taking some damage herself first. The amount of power she put into her fist attacks felt abnormal, probably with the intention to destroy her opponent. At that point, I think Vivio was at a more disadvantage as she couldn't fully block those attacks.

Honestly, I think Rinne took the fight far too seriously. Intense fight though, nothing less expected from these two. The way that Vivio bounced back with her counterattack really impressed me. What a move! Best fight of the tournament so far.

Nov 19, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2010
Vivio won but it looks like she isn't able to fight for the next match she is supposed to fight.
And Rinne got a serious shock from losing the question now is will she be able to regain her composure and enter another competition.
Or will she stop fighting all together.

Fuuka has a good position now if she wins she will advance several rounds if she doesn't have to fight Vivio that is.
Nov 19, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2008
Finally, Rinne gets the ass kicking she deserves, it was a close call for Vivio though (Rinne takes fights too seriously and it's like she's fighting to the death in most bouts), but I still think it's a bit early for that to have happened as there are 4 more episodes left, either fights are going to get boring or better from now on, I'll have to see next week.

Nov 19, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
Vivio won but it looks like she isn't able to fight for the next match she is supposed to fight.
And Rinne got a serious shock from losing the question now is will she be able to regain her composure and enter another competition.
Or will she stop fighting all together.

Fuuka has a good position now if she wins she will advance several rounds if she doesn't have to fight Vivio that is.

Fuuka will win for sure if Vivio doesn't recover in time, but something tells me Vivio will recover in time despite the beating she sustained.

Nov 19, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
Watching this episode make me so hype up until my whole body shaking non-stop till the end of this episode, really not joking at all.

I'm screaming 'fck noooo' when Rinne seriously land a few blow plus breaking bone on Vivio, almost gonna be my worst nightmare before sleep(the episode always out late night for me). Vivio is the saint king, there is no way she will lose. And Vivio(Nanoha, Fate too) WILL always the main character forever no matter how many new series up ahead.

Vivio is life and Vivio is love, my favourite forever. I can sleep peacefully now.

Now that Rinne has lost, I believe she can be even more scary depends on how she gonna deal with her negative feelings now, something like going down to the dark side. Just like Vivio said, Fuuka might be the only one who can save Rinne.
valvravetruthNov 19, 2016 8:51 AM
Nov 19, 2016 9:11 AM

Feb 2008
A main character like Vivio can't lose right, that caught me worried well Rinne still need to be saved and only one that can save her is Fuuka. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 19, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2016
I never thought Vivio defeat Rinne until watch this episode,but she won!
Surprising!
Nov 19, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
Let's be honest, censoring Nanoha and Fate is just unnecessary and a big "fuck you" from Tsuzuki.
God I hate this guy.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Nov 19, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah what is really necessary to censored Nanoha and Fate?

TYxTxYT said:
Let's be honest, censoring Nanoha and Fate is just unnecessary and a big "fuck you" from Tsuzuki.
God I hate this guy.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 19, 2016 6:34 PM
Feb 2015
10 shots to the vital organs, Vivio sure didn't hold back there. Nanoha-mama must be proud.
Nov 20, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2016
I through Vivio will lose cause what Rinne has done to Muira lol. Btw did someone notice that Nanoha and Fate make a cameo appear in this episode?
Nov 20, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2012
Seriously, pretty messed up censoring Nanoha and Fate.

That aside, Vivio won! Geez. I was nervous she was going to lose due to Rinne being a main character and overwhelming strength, but looks like hard work and perseverance paid off for Vivio. Her monologue when she was knocked down got me a little teary-eyed.

Rinne still looks like she's heavily traumatized by the bullying event, especially by her losing unconsciousness before her grandfather's death. I guess Vivio's words didn't get through to Rinne though. I'm also still curious on what's eating Jill but I guess that'll be explained later.

Wonder how far Fuuka will reach in the tournament.

Nov 20, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2009
My bet that Fuuka will lose to Einhard or Vivio will heal before the match.
Nov 20, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2010
That fight was incredible entertaining to watch, because you couldn't tell who would win (even from a story point of view with Rinne as the main focus of 'Vivid Strike' but Vivio the overall main character (or main character family) in the world of Nanohaverse).
In the end i think everybody agrees that it felt good to have the overarching main character win the fight and put up some barriers for the upcoming side characters.

It even had the classical Takamachi friendship brand in there with her beating the crap out of Rinne to create future friendships. :D

The only thing i don't really understand is the talk about Vivios body not being build for fighting, because of her backtory of the descendent (or however you wanna call it) of a famous warrior emperor.
Nov 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
MY GIRL Vivio bouncing back from what seemed like a hopeless position like a real Manga hero.
Nov 20, 2016 12:22 PM

May 2008
What a comeback. Damn Vivio, you had me worried but that was one hell of a win. I wasn't expecting things to pan out like this and it caught my by surprise, I love it.
I'm really wondering what the deal with Jill and Rinne is there, I want to see where they'll take that. Could be some interesting territory. Rinne might just start heading into some pretty dark path and it's up to Fuuka to prevent her from spiraling further.
Nov 20, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2016
I'm actually glad Rinne lost. Her fights were always some random power up she got out of nowhere after she gets beaten down, like "oh this isn't my true strength, let me pull this out of my arse and get 10x stronger." Really annoying to watch.

On another note, censoring NanoFate was a dick move.
Nov 20, 2016 1:37 PM
Nov 2016
The fight in this episode was really great and i like muche that Vivio win.
But i suspect she will cant continue tournament becous she not recover.
So Rinne will go next rund's and meet Fuuk in sam point.

Idk if any 1 here read all Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid Manga
but for me this fighte it;s was real similar to
Vivio vs Einhart in chapters 58-61 vol 12
http://mangafox.me/manga/mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_vivid/v12/c058/16.html
Nov 20, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2008
Woo! Now that was a fight!

Good on Vivio. I wasn't sure she was going to pull that off. They really did have me thinking she was going to lose like Miura. Especially when she took that brutal barrage of hits from Rinne. But I love both that she won and that it made sense. Rinne spent the whole fight adjusting to Vivio's speed and style. Then Vivio switches it up so she's attacking with an arm she barely used during the match and with a different timing that Rinne couldn't adjust to.

This actually is a great move. Vivio winning creates all kind of emotional damage for Rinne to take. Losing via KO is horribly traumatic for her. Her losing still sets up the match against Fuka. And Fuka will have the free time for that match since if she wins this upcoming fight then she's got a free pass to the finals since Vivio will have to retire from the tournament. And Rinne being so messed up can make for a good emotional match against Fuka.
Nov 20, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2008
Overall, it was a phenomenal episode. Really enjoyed it. Really glad they had Vivio win too. As I was expecting Rinne to win for 'plot' reasons.
The only upsetting thing about it was this

ENTIRELY unnecessary to censor those faces. Fate & Nanoha literally made your series what it is Tsuzuki. Glad to see how much you give two shits about them. 8 episodes in, at LEAST Vivio mentally mentioned her two moms. I was worried that we wouldn't even have a single fucking nod to them. This shit really grinds my gears no matter how much I'm enjoying Vivid Strike.
Nov 20, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
Went to check on the sub version, totally disappointed. You guys pretty much can throw the whole subs version of this episode.

For example the reason why it is called axle smash infinity explained at the backroom after the match is because as long as Vivio still has the will(or consciousnes) to do it she can strike forever, not something in the subs saying "knock them out consciousnes" lol. OR during Vivio striking the triple, Miura is actually saying "still not done yet(or there is still more", not "it sure is". OR...

This episode's subs need some serious repair.

Is the translator using some voice translation system by recording what the characters are saying and let system do all the translation, but the subs will be wrong if the character voice or speech is unclear.
Nov 20, 2016 2:41 PM
Jan 2009
Welp I thought Vivio was about to lose there.
Nov 20, 2016 2:42 PM

May 2008
valvravetruth said:
Went to check on the sub version, totally disappointed. You guys pretty much can throw the whole subs version of this episode.

For example the reason why it is called axle smash infinity explained at the backroom after the match is because as long as Vivio still has the will(or consciousnes) to do it she can strike forever, not something in the subs saying "knock them out consciousnes" lol. OR during Vivio striking the triple, Miura is actually saying "still not done yet(or there is still more", not "it sure is". OR...

This episode's subs need some serious repair.

Is the translator using some voice translation system by recording what the characters are saying and let system do all the translation, but the subs will be wrong if the character voice or speech is unclear.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that the first batch of subs we usually get is taken directly from Amazon Prime UKs translation. Thanks for the info, though. I'm gonna wait for Vivid Translations to post their own and rewatch then as per usual, see how much it changes.
Nov 20, 2016 3:03 PM
Oct 2015
Blackbird said:
A main character like Vivio can't lose right, that caught me worried well Rinne still need to be saved and only one that can save her is Fuuka. :D
but the main characters for vivid strike are rinne and fuka
Nov 20, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
I know I know but I'm quite happy they didn't make Rinne some unbeatable character.

repahockey said:
Blackbird said:

Nov 20, 2016 3:23 PM
Oct 2015
no no no no no no after all the hate I had for rinne throughout 8 eps now im starting to feel slightly sympathetic after that loss. well we'll see how long that lasts
Nov 20, 2016 3:24 PM
Oct 2015
Blackbird said:
I know I know but I'm quite happy they didn't make Rinne some unbeatable character.

repahockey said:
well i can agree with that
Nov 20, 2016 4:31 PM

Sep 2015
Vivio won again! Yay! Rinne so easily fragile??
Nov 20, 2016 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
Damn! The match really could do either way, so I was pretty nervous throughout the entire fight.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 20, 2016 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
zwolf12 said:
The only thing i don't really understand is the talk about Vivios body not being build for fighting, because of her backtory of the descendent (or however you wanna call it) of a famous warrior emperor.

When Nanoha hit her with 5 SLB during the StrikerS finale she damaged her Linker Core, so Vivio currently lacks many of the abilities she could have displayed if she could use her full magic potential.
Nov 20, 2016 5:32 PM

Jan 2014
Beautiful episode. I'm so proud of nanoha. I didn't know vivio's linker coure was damage by the starlight breaker tho. Either way she was a beast this episode and I'm so proud of her. If you were raised by nanoha then you've got to be a badass!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 20, 2016 6:05 PM

Apr 2011
Damn. Rinne hits hard. But Vivio hits even harder. Rinne lose twice to Vivio twice in a row.

Great fight. Looking forward to Fuuka's fight.
Nov 20, 2016 6:18 PM
Feb 2015
Hinata said:
Vivio won again! Yay! Rinne so easily fragile??

Vivio did point out in the previous episode, Rinne is just seeking strength to run away from painful things not overcome it. I guess it's only natural that her mental strength is weak.
Nov 20, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2011
Oh Rinne, you say you know Vivio but you seriously don't know her at all, like saying she didn't suffer at all, she seriously has no idea all the shit Vivio had to go through before getting to where she is now. I'm so glad Vivio won, though it's sad she won't be able to continue, but at least she left by winning.
Nov 20, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2008
JGChaves said:
When Nanoha hit her with 5 SLB during the StrikerS finale she damaged her Linker Core, so Vivio currently lacks many of the abilities she could have displayed if she could use her full magic potential.

I do think part of it was also being placed in the Cradle. Considering what happened to Olivie and other Saint Kings that powered it...Vivio's current condition is a miracle. The majority ended up dying while powering that thing. Nanoha knocking her out after a relatively short amount of time probably avoided any further damage being done to Vivio's body. In the end though she definitely isn't the same in terms of power in comparison to what we saw in StrikerS. She'll never have those kind of capabilities back.

Is certainly fair for others to judge her durability as being fairly weak. It's just that people like Jill would never have a clue as to why Vivio is that fragile.

ixarising said:
Vivio did point out in the previous episode, Rinne is just seeking strength to run away from painful things not overcome it. I guess it's only natural that her mental strength is weak.

Yeah, in terms of mental strength Rinne isn't that strong. She mostly stops thinking when a fight gets intense and just acts on instinct. Which can work out fine most of the time considering her incredible natural gifts. But the focus and emotional strength of Vivio was on another level.

And in terms of durability...Rinne is extremely solid on the physical sense. It's just that enough hits (especially to the head) will add up. Rinne has a build that will let her to continue getting up, but even she has a limit. Vivio was just going to continue hitting until she did enough. Rinne had no means to properly protect herself or counter. It was just a question of when her durability would reach its limit.
Nov 20, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
SHE DID IT BOYS!

This went from sucking, to slightly sucking less. Although the animation did improve from last week.

But why they felt the need to censor Nanoha and Fate actually trigger me.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 20, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Vivio actually win?! HOLYSHITTTT
to be honest, I got so much goosebumps while watching this episode
awesome fight, really
Nov 20, 2016 10:52 PM

Jul 2016
sarroush said:
Overall, it was a phenomenal episode. Really enjoyed it. Really glad they had Vivio win too. As I was expecting Rinne to win for 'plot' reasons.
The only upsetting thing about it was this

ENTIRELY unnecessary to censor those faces. Fate & Nanoha literally made your series what it is Tsuzuki. Glad to see how much you give two shits about them. 8 episodes in, at LEAST Vivio mentally mentioned her two moms. I was worried that we wouldn't even have a single fucking nod to them. This shit really grinds my gears no matter how much I'm enjoying Vivid Strike.
Actually that pic is not fully censored at all, it still able to see Nanoha and Fate's face if you removed the light in that picture or at least make the image darker lol.

Here is the image that the light has removed by the Chinese people lol, well I'm not sure how they edit the pic or is just they're add their face in the pic only.
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 21, 2016 12:33 AM
Nov 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Nov 2010
JGChaves said:

Thanks, it was quite some time ago since i watched StrikerS so i probably forgot about that.
Nov 21, 2016 1:51 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far. It was so intense and I did not expect Vivio to win

The anime deserve much higher score 6.9 !! Why it so underrated !
Nov 21, 2016 4:47 AM

Aug 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Here is the image that the light has removed by the Chinese people lol, well I'm not sure how they edit the pic or is just they're add their face in the pic only.

But Nanoha's eyes are purple, and when I darkened the image myself, Fate's head is titled the other way. So.. idk.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 21, 2016 5:58 AM

Jun 2012
Vivio actually won, didn't expect that, too bad she is out for rest of tournament, but, she at least she did what she wanted, beat Rinne. And Rinne, you couldnt be more wrong about Vivio. If Jill knew how mentally weak Rinne is, shouldn't she also focus on boost her morale?
kamil88Nov 21, 2016 6:05 AM
Nov 21, 2016 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
I think that this anime should be named "Rinne needs a hug” ._.
Nov 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Rinne should go to the hospital aswell....
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 21, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2016
I'm really happy that Vivio won, Was about to rage so hard if she wouldn't
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 21, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
zwolf12 said:
A sub theme in the show is a variation on the nature vs nurture debate. Rinne's trainer believes that "natural talent," or one's basic body build, is the most important thing, and focuses entirely on physical training as a result. Thus, Rinne is phenomenal in that respect, but weak in other areas like mental and emotional strength. Vivio's trainer believes in the Kenichi phenomenon, where a strong heart and mind, with enough work, can produce an equally capable fighter.
Since trainers necessarily share their ideas with their students, a defeat by an "inferior" Vivio, especially twice in a row to prove it was no fluke, isn't just losing, but a complete repudiation of what Rinne's been taught to believe.

As for Vivio's connection to the Sankt Kaisers, that means nothing here. There is nothing that says Olivie didn't have the exact same weaknesses, but similarly overcome them.
Nov 21, 2016 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode. I really thought Vivio was going to lose, but she won at the last minute with that move. Rinne got too cocky and lost because of it. This was the best fight so far.
Nov 21, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
now that was the best way they could have done this fight it was really good that match was alot like Sendo versus Ippo the title match especially the finisher Vivio did the same kind of finisher to win the match which was awesome imo

great ep now to see how Fuuka does in her upcoming matches if everything goes good for her she'll be fighting Einhart most likely
"one step at a time"
Nov 21, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Omg yes Vivio actually won! That was an epic fight, hope we see some good Fuuka and Einhald action later.

Hope Rinne becomes friends with Vivio now, that was a pretty crazy friendship attack, I really need to see her smile happily, it would really make my day

I was also wondering about what they meant when they said Vivio was weak but after seeing the comments and being reminded of StrikerS it totally makes sense. I really like how that all connects together, I dunno why but it just really appeals to me
gust11Nov 21, 2016 12:44 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 21, 2016 3:25 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A pretty entertaining episode and man that fight was a close one.
But im glad that Vivio manage to beat Rinne after and claim victory.
While Rinne's reasons for being strong are admirable the way she's going it
is wrong. Vivio and the other members of the gym however have the right idea.
Fight with all your might and show respect to your opponent is the best way.

Well Rinne's doesn't lack determination thats for sure
but someone that fights simply to get strong while hurting those around you
would never win against someone that embodies the support of all her friends

Lol Nova's scolding of Vivio for talking to Rinne during the fight
hmm so Rinne is adjusting her tactics to a defense heavy one eh

Wow Vivio is really powerful when she fights seriously and fast as well
and just as the observers say though Rinne's skills are good
Vivios is even better

hmm well Rinne was always good at adapting
Rinne's comeback was pretty sudden
man Rinne's couch is such a sadist

Nice one Vivio
your friends are all rooting for you
so hang in there and beat Rinne Vivio

I love how in between the strikes
we get to see glimpses of Vivios childhood and her encounter with her friends
lol Rinne's frustration on why she can't beat Vivio is quite funny

Nice comeback Vivio
Man her new style is so even faster than before
watching Vivio crush Rinne was a joy to behold
its time to knock some sense into Rinne

Damm that was a well deserved win from Vivio
you finally achieved your wish of beating Rinne
Hopefully this defeat will force Rinne to acknowledge that her current path
needs to be changed

Hard efforts always pay off
Nice one Vivio
your hard labor was worth it

lol even the observers didn't want Rinne to win
i don't think many people did
Training to become stronger to stop being bullied is a good goal
however trampling the spirits and hopes of everyone that you fight is not
everyone has a different reason to fight and but there is no reason to be
mean about it
Vivio and the others are strong but they aren't arrogant about it
and neither do they trample their opponents spirits

Hmm i can't tell whether Rinne's couch is using Rinne or that she cares about her

Now lets see how Fuuka would do in the next match
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

116 by Harvestor »»
Sep 22, 11:03 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.