Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2016
No Icchan in this episode. :v
What on earth is that ending??? Every episode. this anime leaves more questions unanswered.
I still don't think Hotaru and Hime will die like that and even Canaria from the previous episodes. There's something fishy about that chip that needs to be revealed later on or else it would be plotholes galore.
Aug 21, 2016 4:56 PM
Nov 2015
Someone needs to assassinate this animation director. Please.

1/5
Aug 21, 2016 7:35 PM
Jun 2013
xSkipi said:
Wtf was that ending, they planned to kill every MC ? xD (or maybe they turned into unknowns)
The appearance of the "queen unknown" (idk what is it) was funny
It was a good episode, a bit slow I agree but still good

Isn't obvious that the world that they are is fake and when they die they go to the real one?
Aug 21, 2016 11:26 PM
Mar 2014
leunammi said:
bloodtalon said:

And Hotaru seemed OP and much more powerful than even Hime. She defeated Hime in the flashback and killed all those Unknowns so fast. Even Hime had trouble since she can't just touch and kill. I think Hotaru just lets her have #1 because she doesn't want Hime to be below her in ranking.

I think so too, in terms of power, Hime probably stronger, similar to Naruto having a lot of chakra inside him, while Hotaru are highly skill, flexible, intelligent, more experience ( when she talks about she backing up three cities and some shit) and not too mention her World power really compliments her abilities, therefore yes i think she is stronger than Hime.

However, Hime IMO would make a great leader, if i were to choose which head , the ranking would be :
Hime>Kasumi>Hotaru>the rest >Aoi>the MC that i forgot his name / Tokyo Head

Really minor spoiler for that Hime vs Hotaru duel (Just background info, nothing to do with the Anime’s plot)
DavleyAug 22, 2016 1:16 AM
Aug 21, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2014
Why is everyone getting killed here?!
Next will be the siblings
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 22, 2016 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
wow Hotaru is seriously op oh come on what's the fucking mystery
Aug 22, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2014
I pity who judge this show by 3-4 eps

10/10 aside from shitty animation.
Aug 22, 2016 12:50 AM

Jul 2016
I really hate the animation in this show,weird transitions and fights,it's really dreadful.Sound doesn't make any better because there's no remarkable music during the show,except the opening music.Therefore,I frankly doesn't really know what's going on in this show.I just know that hotaru and Hime has some bond relationship in the past.Hope the better story and characters conflicts would save the show from its awful arts,music and the beginning.
TokumiaAug 22, 2016 12:54 AM

Life is empty without anime

Aug 22, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2012
bloodtalon said:

And haha Yeah I agree with your ranking except Ichiya Suzaku wouldn't be last if he is like he was in ep 4, at full determination and spirit. And he isn't the MC for the 100th time lol.

Yeah i totally forgot about that haha, i refer all the main characters as MC, forgot suzaku name. In his sane and unegoistic state, he can become a capable leader, but emotionally i don't think so, i feel he easily swayed and that is a major holes in his leadership and weaknesses ( which is canaria). Hime IMO know fully well of her emotions and she know her decision is not only for herself but for those she protects ( not too mention her background story so far is the best IMO) and i like that she always look strong despite fragile emotion ( i dont understand why they call her idiot, i think she pretended to be as she is by far talented in gene herself just need to be polish), Kasumi and Hotaru can be a capable leader but lacks of emotion towards their social environment makes them lower a bit than Hime.

Davley said:
leunammi said:

I think so too, in terms of power, Hime probably stronger, similar to Naruto having a lot of chakra inside him, while Hotaru are highly skill, flexible, intelligent, more experience ( when she talks about she backing up three cities and some shit) and not too mention her World power really compliments her abilities, therefore yes i think she is stronger than Hime.

However, Hime IMO would make a great leader, if i were to choose which head , the ranking would be :

Really minor spoiler for that Hime vs Hotaru duel (Just background info, nothing to do with the Anime’s plot)

U read from light novel? Hime is i think born with the power itself ( not just the World) but can see from the past her family used to be those leaders too. I wonder how many sword techniques hotaru actually have?
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 22, 2016 2:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This episode felt a bit slow in the beginning but by the second half it picked up speed. Combat in this episode was as good as always and Tenkawa is just such a great character. Honestly she should be the mc instead of that jerk.

Im loving the backstory between her and Hotaru and it has been pretty interesting so far.

For a support character Airi is surprisingly good and her seiyuu is doing a great job in portraying her personality which is like one of a caring mother than anything.

Loved the teamwork between the chiba sibilings, Aoi and Hotaru as they tried to rescue Maihime.

That cliffhanger though was pretty well done

Can't wait to see what happens next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2016 4:27 AM
Mar 2014
leunammi said:
i dont understand why they call her idiot, i think she pretended to be as she is by far talented in gene herself just need to be polish)

The reason they call Hime an idiot is because she has a tendency to smash things first, think about consequences later. She's basically a no-plan-just-whack-everything kind of person lol. But yes, in terms of leadership and combat skills, she is anything but stupid.

As for why they also call Hotaru an idiot, she's actually one of the most intelligent brains among the main characters but the two guys deem her stupid because when it comes to Hime, she's like "Anything Hime says and does, I APPROVE." XD

leunammi said:
U read from light novel?

Yep, I've read the light novels so my info is based from there (Hence why I usually put my posts in spoiler tags in case people are interested to read the novels one day). :D

leunammi said:
Hime is i think born with the power itself ( not just the World) but can see from the past her family used to be those leaders

Regarding Hime's World, the dream she had during her cold sleep lacked any kind of unique characteristic to it. She just dreamed of a happy world with her parents and Hotaru, and when it translated to her powers, she's simply overflowing with aura and superhuman capabilities. Compared with Hotaru for example, as Hotaru mentioned in this episode, her dream in her cold sleep was about continuously reaching out her hand to Hime, wanting to keep her promise to her and to return to where Hime is. That is the unique characteristic of her dream which translated to her being able to make physical contact with anything that she can see regardless of distance.

And you're correct about Hime having a powerful family background! :)

leunammi said:
I wonder how many sword techniques hotaru actually have?

She has three in total
1) First Sword - Utsuhami
2) Second Sword - Senjin
3) Third Sword - Chigasane

Utsuhami is the standard stuff she can do with her World - touching/hitting/slashing things at a distance. Senjin and Chigasane are her two stronger techniques, with Chigasane being the most powerful, and they're attacks which can be impossible to defend against depending on how Hotaru uses her environment to her advantage, and she's terrifyingly good at exploiting her surroundings to give herself an edge in a fight. It's a pity A-1 Pictures somewhat mucked up in animating her attacks in this episode.
DavleyAug 22, 2016 7:03 AM
Aug 22, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2015
Woah, something might finally happen on thenext episode :o What did hotaru say to emo brother? What did she see? I'm so curious.
Aug 22, 2016 6:19 AM

Sep 2013
What the hell Lazy Chiba's plan was to transport Hotaru to Tokyo????

Hime fighting off against horde of Unknowns and the suspicion that what they thought of their world is not as is seems to be. somewhat predictable in previous eps.
Aug 22, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
That ending just made me think; whats happeniiiiiiing.

also where did cocky mc guy go did he left his balls in supposedly dead girls purse?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2016 4:03 PM
Jun 2010
leunammi said:

Yeah i totally forgot about that haha, i refer all the main characters as MC, forgot suzaku name. In his sane and unegoistic state, he can become a capable leader, but emotionally i don't think so, i feel he easily swayed and that is a major holes in his leadership and weaknesses ( which is canaria). Hime IMO know fully well of her emotions and she know her decision is not only for herself but for those she protects ( not too mention her background story so far is the best IMO) and i like that she always look strong despite fragile emotion ( i dont understand why they call her idiot, i think she pretended to be as she is by far talented in gene herself just need to be polish), Kasumi and Hotaru can be a capable leader but lacks of emotion towards their social environment makes them lower a bit than Hime.

Lol I think Hime is just overrated, as good as she is. True Suzaku went haywire after Cana died but Cana was everything to him, just like Hotaru/Hime to each other. I am 99% sure even strong Hotaru and Hime would break down like him if the other died. Yes, she cried when Cana died but it doesn't show she's "really just weak". She just cries like everyone else. Weak would be crying for ages over every little death. For a close friend, crying a little is pretty normal in my opinion. Her speeches are her main strong point in leadership. But in strategy Suzaku takes #1. That was the highlight and main message of ep 4 in my opinion.

She is called an "idiot" by the others because of what Davley said: She just rushes in with brute force thinking it will solve everything (remember the big one in ep 4?) and when it doesn't, she's "O_O Now wut?". In my opinion Chigusa is #2. He is a fast thinker, even if lazy. No one else considered using his and Asuha's powers to make the bridges. Remember even in ep 6 when she was fighting the unknowns she was just hitting and throwing her sword around with no real plan. In the end with her bare hands even, she just went waaaaa and blew them all away. Nope, no plan. When Canaria weakened her, game over in an instant almost because she had no plan. Even when 6/7 surrounded her in midair, she just busted her way out lol.

Davley said:

Welp, in the end, Hotaru beat her, even if by just "keen observation, quick wit and battle experience" - they're all relevant for as fighter and if Hime lacks in them and has only force and speed, meh, she'll lose again.

leunammi said:
U read from light novel? Hime is i think born with the power itself ( not just the World) but can see from the past her family used to be those leaders too. I wonder how many sword techniques hotaru actually have?
No one is born with the power lol. Yeah her family was great people too but nothing to do with "World" powers. Just generals/lieutenants or something perhaps in their old army system.

Davley said:

Utsuhami is the standard stuff she can do with her World - touching/hitting/slashing things at a distance. Senjin and Chigasane are her two stronger techniques, with Chigasane being the most powerful, and they're attacks which can be impossible to defend against depending on how Hotaru uses her environment to her advantage, and she's terrifyingly good at exploiting her surroundings to give herself an edge in a fight. It's a pity A-1 Pictures somewhat mucked up in animating her attacks in this episode.

Lol impossible. This is anime world. Even bad guys almost always have some "impossible to guard/evade" attacks in every fiction. But they die in the end XD. But she does sound too OP for anyone in the cast to handle so far. At best you could use numbers in the millions with Canaria weakening her.
bloodtalonAug 22, 2016 4:09 PM
Aug 22, 2016 4:25 PM
Jun 2016
CALLED IT, so if everything were seeing is fake, that the unkown are humans, and the humans are unknown does that make this better? I've suspected since around 2nd to third episode something was off, like when the students were "killed" it was more like drop pods grabbing them, why drop something on them like that?

I think this is like that episode of outer limits where people are made to see other humans as aliens and the goverments force each other to fight, this definetly had that feeling for a while, so either htis is matrix, or it's the real world, and the chips prevent the children from seeing reality.
wolfwingAug 22, 2016 4:29 PM
Aug 22, 2016 11:51 PM
Mar 2014
bloodtalon said:
Welp, in the end, Hotaru beat her, even if by just "keen observation, quick wit and battle experience" - they're all relevant for as fighter and if Hime lacks in them and has only force and speed, meh, she'll lose again.

Yes, you’re right about that. That’s why I said Hime has the upper hand in a “head-on confrontation involving raw power”. But if you consider everything else that contributes to a battle such as strategy, Hotaru has the advantage. That battle was all about observation, finding openings and exploiting vulnerabilities, and this happens to be Hotaru’s chief principle and forte. So in that sense, Hotaru is stronger than Hime.

As for why they were evenly matched,

bloodtalon said:
Lol impossible. This is anime world. Even bad guys almost always have some "impossible to guard/evade" attacks in every fiction. But they die in the end XD. But she does sound too OP for anyone in the cast to handle so far. At best you could use numbers in the millions with Canaria weakening her.

Sorry, this is my mistake for not being thorough in my explanation. (^^);
When I said “can be impossible to defend against/evade from”, it doesn’t mean Hotaru’s sword techniques are a sure-hit-kill kind of thing. And it also doesn’t imply those techniques make her OP to the point of being nigh invincible. It just means that the attacks have a high possibility of hitting the target and it can be a shallow attack that merely scratches or a heavy one that inflicts a deep injury on the target depending on how the target reacts to the attack. In fact,
DavleyAug 23, 2016 2:00 AM
Aug 23, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2012
I can't say much about the animation but this episode surely left me on a cliffhanger, so I can't actually wait for the next one to find out what happens. There's that at least. The Kanagawa duo still stands as my favorite characters in the show.
allo
Aug 23, 2016 1:11 AM
Jun 2016
Ohhhhhhh....that one female unkown near the end....what if that is canaria?
Aug 23, 2016 1:35 AM
Mar 2014
Chigusa siblings are arguably the best and most entertaining characters in this franchise but...
Hajinnie said:
The Kanagawa duo still stands as my favorite characters in the show.

Kanagawa camp are definitely my favorites too~ v(^^)
Aug 23, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
wolfwing said:
Ohhhhhhh....that one female unkown near the end....what if that is canaria?

We can get confirmation if next episode an op unknown appear aka hime.
Aug 23, 2016 11:40 AM
Nov 2008
Davley said:
As for why they were evenly matched,

I wouldn't quite say they were evenly matched because their fight rolled back and forth between who found whose openings at each given moment so it was a matter of who made full use of those crucial moments whenever those openings presented themselves. The narrative was from Hotaru's perspective so it was describing her looking for those openings but it can be said that Hime was doing the same as well but it wasn't described in the narrative until it came to the actual moment when Hime noticed Hotaru's openings and she immediately took action upon them. In addition, this point may play into the discussion but you can also say
Aug 23, 2016 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is god awful, I felt like I was watching a lagging video game, this art and animation is HORRENDOUS. It's a shame they leave you with cliff hangers and a somewhat decent story line. But my god it's extremely difficult to watch.

AND THE CONSTANT Mouth moving but no words coming out.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 23, 2016 1:14 PM
Aug 2016
I think that the unknowns are not bad but the humans think their are bad because of the chip's or something like that, sorry because of my bad English I can say accurately what I think. Am I the only one ?
Aug 24, 2016 1:31 AM
Mar 2014
Keiri said:
I wouldn't quite say they were evenly matched because their fight rolled back and forth between who found whose openings at each given moment so it was a matter of who made full use of those crucial moments whenever those openings presented themselves. The narrative was from Hotaru's perspective so it was describing her looking for those openings but it can be said that Hime was doing the same as well but it wasn't described in the narrative until it came to the actual moment when Hime noticed Hotaru's openings and she immediately took action upon them. In addition, this point may play into the discussion but you can also say

When you put it that way, it does make more sense! Thanks! You expanded on it better than I did. :D

Keiri said:

Aug 24, 2016 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
Yea the animation was pretty bad, however the plot actually moved along.

I really hope the white haired girl doesn't die cause she's basically the only good character in this anime
Aug 24, 2016 7:56 AM
Jul 2016
bloodtalon said:

I prefer Kasumi instead of Hime. He is fast thinker and actually the only one who can make swift adaptions to the laid plans (Suzaku, after Ep 4 cames close to him). Hime is close to a field general and Kasumi is more like a Supreme Commander.

For me,
Kasumi>Hime>Hotaru>Rest.

And, i too think that Canaria is the Unknown Queen. (Most because of the debuff thing)
Aug 24, 2016 3:06 PM
Jun 2010
Vinci_Faisal said:
bloodtalon said:

I prefer Kasumi instead of Hime. He is fast thinker and actually the only one who can make swift adaptions to the laid plans (Suzaku, after Ep 4 cames close to him). Hime is close to a field general and Kasumi is more like a Supreme Commander.

For me,
Kasumi>Hime>Hotaru>Rest.

And, i too think that Canaria is the Unknown Queen. (Most because of the debuff thing)

Well, a leader needs speech skills to motivate people like Hime too. Or maybe yeah the field general could do that and Kasumi main boss. But Yeah they're very close and debatable - different leadership strengths. I'd say Hime takes #1 for her power in some people's opinion.

You mean buff thing lol. I think they got stronger rather than she got weaker.
Aug 24, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2010
what did hotaru say at the end? anyone know?

Aug 25, 2016 6:35 AM
Jun 2010
supermegasonic said:
what did hotaru say at the end? anyone know?
Probably what was foreshadowed in the next ep preview: The world they see is a fake and the "Unknowns" are probably humans. Kinda like Shingeki lol
Aug 25, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
I hope they died (more Hotaru than Hime) BUT I don't think either of them actually did because then what was the point in Hime telling her to trust her? She must have seen what was wrong and did something. Meh where's Suzaku, I miss him.

Actually based on some of these theories no one actually dies. But here's to hoping the theories are right, because they're pretty interesting.
InugirlzAug 25, 2016 9:44 PM
Aug 26, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2009
ButtSlapper said:
kumooo said:

Favourite example from this episode:

my favorite ones of this episode

QUALITY Code

This show is just pulling things out of its ass now, based on the end of the episode. Constant cliffhangers and twists do not make a good show.
Aug 26, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2015
Hotaro seriously cares way too much about Hime it's starting to annoy me but oh well.

I don't know what's is going on atm.

Bad episode.
Aug 29, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2015
This discussion thread. So many dumbies.

This anime is so incredibly obvious.

Let me spoil it for you. None of the MCs are dead. The end. It's obvious. Hotaru took out the scope so he couldn't see that they got away because they realised that the "world" is fake or whatever.

This isn't even hard to have seen just by watching the show. Stop being so dumb.
Aug 31, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Hotaru and Hime are alive, it would be such a bad thing if they died, I kinda watch this because of them...
Sep 1, 2016 10:57 AM
Nov 2008
Davley said:

When you put it that way, it does make more sense! Thanks! You expanded on it better than I did. :D

Davley said:

Sep 8, 2016 2:57 PM
May 2016
bloodtalon said:

And Hotaru seemed OP and much more powerful than even Hime. She defeated Hime in the flashback and killed all those Unknowns so fast. Even Hime had trouble since she can't just touch and kill. I think Hotaru just lets her have #1 because she doesn't want Hime to be below her in ranking.

Well Hotaru since she didn't remember Hime was probably going 'all-out' in their fight more than Hime who wouldn't want to hurt her. With the Unknowns Hime was fighting and getting worn down for a lot longer plus got weakened by the aura thing while Hotaru was completely fresh when she came in and owned them, hard to compare from that.

Hime is probably more powerful while Hotaru has a more flashy looking/'hax' type style and maybe more technically skilled.
Sep 8, 2016 3:08 PM
Jun 2010
glutton said:
bloodtalon said:

Well Hotaru since she didn't remember Hime was probably going 'all-out' in their fight more than Hime who wouldn't want to hurt her. With the Unknowns Hime was fighting and getting worn down for a lot longer plus got weakened by the aura thing while Hotaru was completely fresh when she came in and owned them, hard to compare from that.

Hime is probably more powerful while Hotaru has a more flashy looking/'hax' type style and maybe more technically skilled.
Read the comments from the LN readers
Sep 8, 2016 3:22 PM
May 2016
bloodtalon said:
glutton said:

Read the comments from the LN readers

I did, they didn't contradict what I said if Hotaru didn't have her memory and Hime wanted her to find herself again rather than just wanting to win by any means necessary like Hotaru did. One of them even said Hime could have killed Hotaru at one point but avoided doing so, I don't think she is less formidable...
gluttonSep 8, 2016 3:41 PM
Sep 21, 2016 8:33 AM

Jan 2014
lolwut?

the #1 strongest rendered to powerless.
the #2 strongest dissapeared along with the #1.
the #4 go crazy about his childhood friend death (or missing in other world, maybe).

now that's left are those brother sister who's got nothing to be proud of from their rank.
Oct 3, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2011
Since Canaria died, I don't know why but each episode is annoyer than the previous one for me and maybe will drop it. Should I drop it or there are something good after ?

All characters piss me off. I think I was interested in this serie because of Canaria and her song...

Oh, and I hate brother&sister "I don't care, everything is a joke" behaviour.
Oct 4, 2016 5:02 AM
Dec 2014
Ooooh the world is what? An illusion? Fake?

Things are getting interesting.
Apr 4, 2023 11:11 PM

Dec 2022
Rindo and Tenkawa are so boring. Felt like every second word out of their mouths in this was was just each other's name. Even Suzaku isn't this one-dimensional.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.