Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2013 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
So their super manga is basically Death Note. Well no surprise. It was their big success in real life.

Kitsu-nee said:

One more thing - is it just me, or Eiji's zombie manga reminds of that new movie, Warm Bodies? It's about zombie who falls in love with a human girl. It's not usual theme in zombie movies, after all :)

Oh! got i thought of that too. I saw the trailer of that movie recently and that came to my mind seeing Eiji's pages and hearing his idea.
Feb 10, 2013 4:03 PM
Nov 2010
The main protagonists of the new manga of ashirogi muto are like L and LIGHT!!xD....
Feb 19, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
Lol at 13:37 before the OP, although that was way too generic imo.
Their new manga seems really interesting, the concept doesn't feel finished yet, at least it doesn't feel that way to me. I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 14, 2013 3:27 PM

Mar 2011
SailorKagome said:
aphton said:
All I thought was ".. and this is how Deathnote was born"

This.

+1
Mar 23, 2013 11:09 AM
Jul 2012
tigerz said:
lol, it sounds like their ultimate manga will be a demon version of death note with double protagonists similar to L vs Light. Knew that was coming sooner or later =p.

Exactly. Add a bit of Code Geass into the mix, and there you go ;P
Apr 4, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked this episode. The scene with the chief editor and Mashiro's uncle was touching and the end got me fired up again :)
Apr 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
"I will...become...the mangaka of the new world!" is what I could imagine Eiji saying. :P
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
May 13, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2012
ainky said:
Death Note + Zetman = New manga

^

add some tentacles and it'll be #1 for eternity
May 30, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as always.
Hopefully they get an anime adaptation of this new manga.
Sep 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Oct 2011
Both mangas sound really amazing :D I'm amazed how both of them though of a dark hero at the same time. I guess they are the perfect rivals and know that.
Sep 23, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2009
lol at the yu-gi-oh reference
Dec 12, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that scene with Iwase was quite touching and well now that the chief editor will be replaced things might get worse or better either way both are working on their manga with so it seems the same main theme so let's see what's next!
Dec 28, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2013
So many good ideas who could have been perfect mangas
Jan 23, 2014 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
ainky said:
Death Note + Zetman = New manga

Glad to see that someone else also got some Zetman vibes from it.
Feb 1, 2014 10:00 PM

Apr 2011
The end of this episode was incredible, I cried tears of joy. Niizuma Eiji is the best friend somebody could have. He is such a well thought out character!!
Feb 7, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Niiiice. Their concept kinda reminded me of Death Note, but with battle.

The part on Iwase was really touching. When she opened the door and they were all there, I almost teared :')

Niizuma idea sure is original. With Niizuma eccentric style, I think it can make his good effect.

About the chief editor departure, it was also really touching, to see how he cared about Mashiro and wanted to protect him like an overly protective father :P
This episode was really loaded emotionally.

The first time I saw the ED, it kinda bored me, but now I really like the concept. It's like a resume of the three season, but instead of the dialogue, we get a new song each episode. It's a really cool way to remind of the important event in the series.

Edit : lol, I read the comment and everyone thought of Death Note, I guess I'm far from being the only one xD
minouneetzoeFeb 7, 2014 9:15 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 6, 2014 8:24 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, so they're still insulting Light with this shit again?

I was told they were "doing what they couldn't do with Death Note" in 3rd season of Bakuman. How is this any different? Unless the ending is exact opposite.

Oh and how come no one in the show mentions "Berserk" as the best manga ever created when in reality it's probably the best one by a MARGIN in both storyline and art?

I guess the two mangaka of Death Note and Bakuman do really, really stink!

They take themselves too seriously if you ask me. Excluding survival game crapfests, Death Note did not define a new genre so-called "unorthodox battle manga". Including Death Note, so-called "unorthodox battle manga" is nothing but a seinen story gone wrong. You don't get to lighten a seinen story without losing its quality. Even tough sometimes I don't wanna admit it, Death Note had shounen roots by being published in Shounen Jump and it stank mainly with its ending because of that exact reason.

Hard truth of life: Real masterpieces come from SEINEN magazines. Period.

As an author one must choose between popularity and quality. Well, Berserk is popular too but I'm assuming its sales are nowhere near a Shounen Jump shounen.

With non-anime tv shows and movies popularity and quality can be achieved at the same time (Chris Nolan, Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix etc.) but there is no shounen/seinen distinction there. Only content rating, which PG-13 rating isn't definitely an obstacle for making masterpieces.
RememberTheCantMar 6, 2014 8:49 AM
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Jun 5, 2014 10:04 PM

Jan 2014
i think the Ashirogi's new manga is similar with Death Note (L vs Kira)
Nov 11, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
So they decided to end with PCP?
That's good, it could be interesting on the first chapters, but it would soon loose it's appeal.
But this new mangas look great.
Mar 31, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2014
From now on It's an All-out war of Standard Battle Manga ~ !! BREATHTAKING .
Such a prideful woman as always Iwase .
Pleasing Episode ~ !!! Chief Editor will be missed .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2016 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
oh chief editor, don't leave me!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 19, 2016 9:25 PM

Sep 2015
Sounds like the template for Death Note(the anime Mashiro and Takagi are making).
Sep 20, 2017 10:25 PM

May 2016
Death note came back in demon form lol.
Dec 9, 2018 11:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally, appears the great idea!!! kekeke
May 19, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2017
Man... this season especially is emotionally wrecking me, and it's not even sad, per se.

Halfway through the episode and sobbing my eyes out. Then the ED hits and it's more of the same, seeing all of the flashbacks and stills from previous seasons.

What an incredible journey....
Dec 19, 2019 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
Wow almost feels like the end of the anime here, so much transition!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 7, 2020 4:27 AM

May 2018
The demons with the mind control is actually a pretty good idea. It reminds me of Code Geass haha
Nov 2, 2020 6:11 AM

Jul 2020
Wooh the Death Note similarities!! So much hype on this. I’m excited to see both manga.
Jan 13, 2021 6:12 PM

Jul 2017
The final manga hype has begun. PCP isn't done yet but Mashiro and Takagi have been planning on a new manga for a while and now it's really coming to fruition where the premise basically feels like a demon power version of Death Note with the fancier designs and transformations. Niizuma's also begun preparing for his own new serialization as well which looks fun, although I already feel like Ashirogi's manga is more personally appealing to me by quite some distance. Even good to see the former Chief Editor who's been transferred to Hisshou Jump, go to Ashirogi's studio (formerly Tarou Kawaguchi's), and finally have be able to freely talk with Moritaka about a bit of his past with Nobuhiro and how much Nobuhiro cared for Moritaka back then when he wanted both to be serialized at the same time since Moritaka was really in love with manga that time as a kid and could draw really nicely from a young age.
Mar 7, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
DANG it. I thought I was gonna be the clever poster to compare their ideq to Death Note, with a good protagonist and a bad protagonist. 10+ people already beat me to the observation, dang

I have to wonder if the peeps at Bakuman took direct inspiration from Death Note. It'd make sense, since it's one of the number one anime in existence. Of course something similar to Death Note would be Ashirogi's magnum opus.
Apr 29, 2021 10:50 PM

Jan 2016
AlexanderHD said:
DANG it. I thought I was gonna be the clever poster to compare their ideq to Death Note, with a good protagonist and a bad protagonist. 10+ people already beat me to the observation, dang

I have to wonder if the peeps at Bakuman took direct inspiration from Death Note. It'd make sense, since it's one of the number one anime in existence. Of course something similar to Death Note would be Ashirogi's magnum opus.

You do know that the creators of death note are the same creators of Bakuman. Kinda mind blowing

May 2, 2021 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
^ Yeah I did eventually find out. That is mind-blowing. I don't know much about the author(s) but they're apparently anonymous? But interestingly, they first created Death Note, which instantly became a hit, and directly after they made Bakuman. The nature of the series is so different, too.
Aug 2, 2021 9:28 PM

Jan 2020
I thought Iwase attempted to suicide....
Aug 2, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2020
Hattori didn't got any promotion
Aug 22, 2021 9:26 AM

Mar 2019
Never thought that the author of death note would write a manga where they write code geass.

And I am surprised people are thinking it resembles death note. A dark hero who can control people with his power and aims to change the world according to his vision a white knight who opposes, because he disagrees with his ways, that's code geass.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Oct 18, 2021 2:28 PM

Jun 2019
Went on here after the episode expecting Death Note comments, and exactly found other people thinking the same XD
Well, the creators of Bakuman and Death Note are the same two so what did I expect, this is really fun!
Oct 25, 2021 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
reversi arc - begin!
basically the idea is so DN, but it's fits perfectly for ashirogi abilities which it seems for me - the reason for ohba to make them that way in the first place, because it's kinda he and obata in ashirogi muto LOL. but maybe i'm reading too much in it xD
eiji doing kinda same idea, only with his own style.

iwase "arc" was very nice, they made it perfectly short but impactful, iwase sure kinda lost her will while losing to ashirogi, hm, takagi,
LOL didn't thought kaya would cheer takagi to cheer iwase xD

the chief editor replacement was also great.

and as i understood (didn't got to finish the manga, or either, it was long time ago reading it lol) the anime skipped entire nanamine 2nd arc, kinda glad they skipped because it, less dragging the story since the whole reversi arc idea started from the first episodes of this season when hattori told them it won't be an anime, it kinda make the whole season more connected than dragging the series into another season.
although i would be glad with another season, before the nonamine arc it felt dragged already, and as i said JC does good job keeping the theme for this season concentrating on ashirogi aiming their original dream, which is miho. she did kind forgotten in this season, for good, but also for worse since mashiro felt really plain in this season, like all his former goals to be with miho gone. time to get that back!
Nov 10, 2022 4:36 PM

Jan 2020
Is this finally the episode where Iwase gets her comeuppance? Eh, sort of? I liked when it seemed like she was going to get cancelled. Everyone rallying around her was a bit bleh.

With that out of the way, it was certainly more interesting to see the creation of the new series. Here's hoping there is even more details shown in the next couple of episodes. Though, at this point, I don't think there is any new manga that could be introduced that I'll end up gushing over. PCP was an interesting concept, but we really aren't seeing enough of it. At this point I'm just like, "Let's see how this all ends I guess."

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 10, 2023 4:24 PM

Dec 2020
ashirogi's new story ending sounded lame, the good always wins ok.
At least make it so maybe a third party rolls in and they might have to collaborate somehow while fighting. Like the evil one realizing his ideals are bs and some ideals of the good guy were also a bit twisted (but overall good) and then have them win against the third party instead of ooh good guy win! Justice! This random thought I had sounded better than just justice wins.
niookookjoJan 10, 2023 4:57 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.