Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh, more background storytelling about Hotaru...

The episode honestly felt slow for the first half until they got into the action for the second half. Best part of the fight was the music, the choreography for the rest of it was underwhelming. Didn't surprise me much that Hotaru arrived on time to help Hime either. Why is she so OP this episode? nerf her That cliffhanger though, meh.
Aug 20, 2016 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
Wtf was that ending, they planned to kill every MC ? xD (or maybe they turned into unknowns)
The appearance of the "queen unknown" (idk what is it) was funny
It was a good episode, a bit slow I agree but still good
Aug 20, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know if they turned in unknown, but this code seems to limit their powers. Once her code broke, she was able to destroy the optical sight of Kasumi even if she was too far to see it.
Except that everybody knew that Hotaru will save Hime, it was a good episode.
Aug 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
the preview of next ep and the scene before the ending song were interesting
i was going to drop this anime kinda bored of kids fighting unknown enemy with giving them a good build and background scenes JUST to kill them the next ep
Aug 20, 2016 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Im starting to get some angel beats vibes from this series.
Aug 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Jun 2013
Wtf, don't tell me all mc will die like that. I hope it 's not.
Aug 20, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2014
Since episode 6 i have a feeling about the unknown, could be the unknowns the real humans and that chip their necks may them saw human like unknown and unknown like humans, i mean they are in the bad guys side. The Queen i think is Canaria. That will be a good twist for the history.

Sorry for my horrible english.
Aug 20, 2016 10:39 AM
Jun 2016
I don't think our MCs die. The preview tells us quite a turning point after this episode
Aug 20, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2016
Seriously, from the first min till the end my head was like ???????????

I guess I just can't drop this show after all, lol
Aug 20, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
That female looking unknown gives me a feeling that she's somewhat related to Canaria? Could be just me...
Aug 20, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
We got some glimpse of Hotaru's backstory!
Aug 20, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
Sephil said:
Since episode 6 i have a feeling about the unknown, could be the unknowns the real humans and that chip their necks may them saw human like unknown and unknown like humans, i mean they are in the bad guys side. The Queen i think is Canaria. That will be a good twist for the history.

Sorry for my horrible english.
I'm kinda thought like that too. So far only Canaria that "missing" without having that white-glittery thing like Hime. Feels like when the Unknown "pick" Hime is not as rough as when they did it to Hotaru.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 20, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
Idek what's happening anymore. What are the "unknowns"? Are they really killing off MC's or are they being turned into unknowns? this story telling boggles my mind
Aug 20, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
It seems like the world that everyone is currently fighting in is fake and Maihime somehow found out. Judging by the preview for the next episode, it sounds like Maihime and Hotaru is still alive unless that's a flashback. Hard to tell what they say through all the jumbled in voices in it.

The animation in this episode was real bad in my opinion. Right before Asuha got on the jump she created on her bike, they had a close up on her face and it was absolutely terrible. It was blurry and it felt like the brightness was turned down. It also feels like the anime can't decide to show Hotaru's attacks or not. In some scenes it shows her attack hitting her enemies while others show that she just swings her sword and the enemies just go "poof".

The soundtrack is decent. It's not good but not bad either. I do have to point out that when Maihime was standing there in front of all those humanoid Unknowns at the 13:21 mark, for a few seconds, the sounds the Unknown makes resembles the sound of farting into a toilet bowl.

Well, it looks like this week's cliffhanger was not enough for me to keep watching. I honestly don't care too much if this is a fake world or not. This episode was slow and boring just like the other episodes. I do have to say that I'm a fan of Maihime but she's not enough for me to keep watching this.

Also...where the fuck is Suzaku? I don't like the guy at all and glad he wasn't in this episode but did everyone just up and left him alone? I mean, I would do the same to him but I think it's kinda funny that they just left him behind.

So I'm gonna drop this. I was considering putting this on hold but I highly doubt I would want to come back and see this years from now.

3/10.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the series!
TehSnawnAug 20, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 20, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 2014
Sakaitsu said:
I don't know if they turned in unknown, but this code seems to limit their powers. Once her code broke, she was able to destroy the optical sight of Kasumi even if she was too far to see it.
Except that everybody knew that Hotaru will save Hime, it was a good episode.

She aimed for kasumi's chip i think
Aug 20, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
Ok. Well at least there is a bit of mystery left to keep me curious I guess.

I might have forgotten but when there are no Tokyo students protecting Tokyo again????
Aug 20, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
Is this some chinese variation of Matrix? (roflmao)
Btw, nice insert song around 18:15.
Aug 20, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
The ending left me WTF. Maybe that chip is manipulating the kids and Hotaru and Maihime actually saw how the world truly is? Anyway, I don't think they are dead (apart that their voices can be heard in the preview).

That Unknown boss reminded me of Canaria (female figure + "singing" abilities that make her allies stronger). Maybe it will turn she is not even dead.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about this show.
Aug 20, 2016 12:20 PM
Nov 2008
So, another garbage episode is over. Well, at least it was worth watching since most edgy and boring characters dies in the end.
Aug 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode. I might up my score from 7 to 8 if this continues next week at this quality. And there aren't many episodes left ... it is okay to kill some chars.

I also like the music during some fights.

Interesting with this chip now ... I guess next episode we'll know all the infos about it for sure. Someone mentioned matrix. Seems a bit like that only that they are awake and really in that world ... but only chip affecting their perception.

I think those unknown might have tried to rescue some of the children ...those things that seemed like the were "eating" the kids might captured them and then left at the end.
Aug 20, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:
That Unknown boss reminded me of Canaria (female figure + "singing" abilities that make her allies stronger). Maybe it will turn she is not even dead.

More like reverse ability. It didn't make them stronger, it just weakened the princess.
Aug 20, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
Illyricus said:

More like reverse ability. It didn't make them stronger, it just weakened the princess.
Now that you mention it, yeah, it's that. I had that feeling because that aura also seemed to covered the other Unknown, but, yes, you are right.
Aug 20, 2016 1:02 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You couldn#t have made this ending more crpytic, coudln't you, yeah?

You can't expect me to give this a good rating with all that shit.
Aug 20, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
Quality code does it again with a another terribly written script with godawful animation. Sound was good, but rest is lol worthy. The whole manipulating kids with a chip to not see what the world really looks like is laughable tbh. Which means the enemy they're fighting is probably humans or something like that? Though I doubt that as well since the enemy appeared like that in Episode 1 with them not having chips, so that just leaves the chip thing to manipulating their vision for what the world looks like.
Aug 20, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
lmao it was so entertaining just to see how shitty the animation was. this anime is a masterpiece but wondering who is willing to buy the BD with such animation quality.
Aug 20, 2016 2:58 PM
Jun 2010
OH... MY... GOD! OH... MY... GOD! I am so glad I gave this show a chance despite it being a little generic in the beginning. And Asterisk has higher ratings lmao.

Could someone explain exactly what the hell happened in the whole "get to Tokyo faster" part where the Chiba wincest work with Hotaru? Asuha creating ice bridges and Hotaru "teleporting" as far as she can like Minato Namikaze or what?

From the very beginning the whole "unknowns suddenly attacking" like Canaria's case and especially when it happened right now in ep 6 were suspicious. The way they suddenly pounce from above and just "encapsulate" the person is not "killing" - it's ambiguous, and for a reason. As others point out in other forums, seems the boss was Canaria who was empowering the others and so Hime felt weakened. All makes sense that way. I guess in the end Hotaru cracked Aoi and Chigusa's codes. I really hope the Unknowns aren't humans. That'd be like "Titans = Humans in a Nightmare" lol.

The one thing I didn't get is Airi "caring" so much for Hime so genuinely yet deceiving her like this. Meh.

And Hotaru seemed OP and much more powerful than even Hime. She defeated Hime in the flashback and killed all those Unknowns so fast. Even Hime had trouble since she can't just touch and kill. I think Hotaru just lets her have #1 because she doesn't want Hime to be below her in ranking.
bloodtalonAug 20, 2016 3:31 PM
Aug 20, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2015
I wish A-1 Pictures would put just a little more effort in this show's animation. It's really been below average all the way through so far, unfortunately.

Aside from that, things sure are getting even more mysterious in this show.
ReverberateAug 20, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 20, 2016 3:51 PM

Feb 2012
This show has been really meh overall but that preview has me interested for the next episode. So the world they have been fighting in has been fake the whole time? I wonder if they are all still asleep and never actually woke up.
Aug 20, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
I think i already know whats going on.........1- or this "world" is all virtual and they are just "puppies" on a infinite loop.........or 2- They are killing other humans cuse with that chip on the neck they are "unknowns" but if u break it they became normal humans to the eyes.... but maybe im wrong---anyway-a boring episode to be honest and as always a cliffhanger just to make u hyped for next episode and than its again a boring episode and etc etc and that took me to episode 7 im stupid yup.......ending loop......
PS: That "Unknown Queen" is Canaria almost 100%, plus i bet the guys they are working for are the bad ones and not the unknowns........not the first and last anime doing that. (Suzaku was on vacations this episode many ppl can hate him but he makes this show "watchable" plus he has nice skills".
iTzKenzoAug 20, 2016 5:51 PM
Aug 20, 2016 6:21 PM
Dec 2013
I am guessing those Unknown are good guys. Those Unknown are not coming to kill them, more like to saving them. I never saw a single corpse killed by those vertical strike thingy. Those adults are the bad guys. This is why one of the female treat them just like weapon objects. And these adults NEVER told these kids anything...

That "female" like Unknown leader may be Canaria Utara.
Aug 20, 2016 6:45 PM
Aug 2015
this episode is troubling... the bond between hime and hotaru is amazing and all... i hope the chip thing will be unraveled soon... and why do i keep thinking that Canaria is that boss... and damn that last part... what do you mean hotaru!!!!
Aug 20, 2016 6:51 PM
Apr 2015
I can see was the part Chiba guy created a bridge which connected his place to Tokyo. Very smart move. As much as I known that Airi's ability can extend their WORLD abilities just like she did with Cana which is very helpful. And as expected from #2 rank-Asuha, she wasn't open her eyes and booom still hit the target with the ice.
Last is the secret about the code, world... hmh some dirty works from adults are expected. TBH this show gave a little interesting than the Asterisk just dang it, if it has more budgets and efforts. It could be a good show above the average.
Edit: Aoi's
TooEzGammingAug 20, 2016 7:11 PM
Aug 20, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2015
Avus said:
I am guessing those Unknown are good guys. Those Unknown are not coming to kill them, more like to saving them. I never saw a single corpse killed by those vertical strike thingy. Those adults are the bad guys. This is why one of the female treat them just like weapon objects. And these adults NEVER told these kids anything...

That "female" like Unknown leader may be Canaria Utara.

It seems like it. and next episodes we will see hime in the Unknown.
Aug 20, 2016 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
This plot made me more excited, even still showing quite of the past of the characters, this time the focus was another, the mystery left at the end, about the truth of the world that they see, I was curious to know where and what Ichiya was doing after the fight, but I think the highlight goes to the soundtrack, that excelling in episode ..
Aug 20, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
didn't think i'd actually see a episode with something remotely interesting happening ,i would hate for these theories to not be true because this show might just end up as being still complete trash with some good music.
Aug 20, 2016 9:23 PM

Sep 2015
did LQ scene multiple now? saw more one those scene this ep

won't surprised if last ep will be like some vomic
Into the Internet!
Aug 20, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2010
Wait so the whole world is a dream and fake!? Fuckin matrix shit right there. That means those codes on their necks are limiters of sorts. Everyone dying could mean them waking up from the real reality.
Aug 20, 2016 10:06 PM
Jun 2012
Does anyone know what it was that Kasumi was looking at on the ground that had a shattering sound from Hotaru cutting it?
Aug 20, 2016 10:51 PM
Jul 2014
The girl that was screaming crumbled and what's left of her was her chip
Aug 20, 2016 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
ButtSlapper said:
lmao it was so entertaining just to see how shitty the animation was. this anime is a masterpiece but wondering who is willing to buy the BD with such animation quality.

Favourite example from this episode:

Aug 21, 2016 12:23 AM
Jun 2012
HeavensFall said:
The girl that was screaming crumbled and what's left of her was her chip

I thought it was the chip. Not sure why Hotaru removed a earpiece was it before speaking to Kasumi? I thought they communicated by the chips, and I don't know if earpieces receive sound as a mic as well?
exsionAug 21, 2016 12:27 AM
Aug 21, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
Ok this is getting interesting ^^
Aug 21, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my. The visuals sure are dropping in quality here. The show started off looking pretty neat and now it's far from that.

Anyway, Maihime is fighting the unknown who seem to be intelligent beings and are kinda draining her powers somehow. Or maybe she's getting tired because of fighting for such a long time nonstop. Hotaru reaches Maihime with help from the Chiba siblings. And Maihime breaks that code or whatever on the back of her neck. And she sees the true nature of the world or whatever. I liked how they ended up telling what Hotaru said in the next episode preview. They just gloriously destroyed whatever effect the cliffhangerish ending had. Nice.

The adults are using technology similar to the unknowns on the kids to do whatever. And those unknowns are using those codes for pinpoint accuracy attacks on the kids. And those codes have some effect on the kids minds and thoughts as well. Breaking those codes changes the way they perceive the world. Would be interesting to see a rebellion here where the kids treat the adults as enemies no different than the unknowns and they fight to take control away from the adults.
Aug 21, 2016 3:41 AM
Aug 2015
Plot twist: maybe the unknowns are actually all the fallen comrades and are trying to tell them something or pull them from action or yknow.. Maybe the real unknowns are the ones on the top and they control the ones fighting with the chips on their necks, and as understood, they thenselves don't know they have the chips at all. And the chips, they maybe control their world view and let them be monitored. Jsus and thats for thinking this is another ecchi light-novel shit
Aug 21, 2016 4:24 AM
May 2016
Interesting episode, it feels like this gave sense now. The chip on their nape and those adults are really suspicious, that glasses girl is really suspicious also, her chip was fix on the previous episode, looks like she knows what's the world looks like without the chip on their neck This is really a big chance of what if the unknowns are humans and a more plot twist their fallen comrades plus the boss like unknown is Cannaria. The chip makes them visualized the world as so messed up seeing the humans as unknowns. Looking forward for the next episode.
Aug 21, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
And the mystery continues. Once they snap the chip implanted in their necks, the world turns from normal colors to red. What is the significance of this? Who knows, but Hotaru and Maihime have just passed the message on to Kasumi. I'm assuming we'll get some undercover investigating next episode.

Just hope we have enough time for the mystery to unravel.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 21, 2016 11:17 AM
Mar 2016
So can we safely say that them lesbian lovers Hotaro and Maihime were R.I.P?

So who's next Asuha or Kasumi?
Aug 21, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2012
bloodtalon said:

And Hotaru seemed OP and much more powerful than even Hime. She defeated Hime in the flashback and killed all those Unknowns so fast. Even Hime had trouble since she can't just touch and kill. I think Hotaru just lets her have #1 because she doesn't want Hime to be below her in ranking.

I think so too, in terms of power, Hime probably stronger, similar to Naruto having a lot of chakra inside him, while Hotaru are highly skill, flexible, intelligent, more experience ( when she talks about she backing up three cities and some shit) and not too mention her World power really compliments her abilities, therefore yes i think she is stronger than Hime.

However, Hime IMO would make a great leader, if i were to choose which head , the ranking would be :
Hime>Kasumi>Hotaru>the rest >Aoi>the MC that i forgot his name / Tokyo Head
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 21, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
kumooo said:
ButtSlapper said:

Favourite example from this episode:

my favorite ones of this episode
Aug 21, 2016 3:12 PM
Jun 2010
leunammi said:

I think so too, in terms of power, Hime probably stronger, similar to Naruto having a lot of chakra inside him, while Hotaru are highly skill, flexible, intelligent, more experience ( when she talks about she backing up three cities and some shit) and not too mention her World power really compliments her abilities, therefore yes i think she is stronger than Hime.

However, Hime IMO would make a great leader, if i were to choose which head , the ranking would be :
Hime>Kasumi>Hotaru>the rest >Aoi>the MC that i forgot his name / Tokyo Head

Yeah raw strength Hotaru couldn't do shit to the big bad in ep 4. So Hime stronger. But when it comes to numbers, Hotaru surpasses everyone. Although it's a pity she never really attacks (or does it so fast we don't see anyway).

And haha Yeah I agree with your ranking except Ichiya Suzaku wouldn't be last if he is like he was in ep 4, at full determination and spirit. And he isn't the MC for the 100th time lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.