Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 17, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
A better episode than last weeks, it simply flowed alot better. I'ts also good that we now seem to be getting on with the story. The CGI is'nt too bad despite some dodgy textures. Its still a very good looking show.
Jul 17, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
I'm betting that other anime, I worship as it is developing, the characters and with a studio as Ufotable is even better, beyond the S2 already confirmed for winter 2017 (sorry my bad english)
Jul 17, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
The landscape shots of this anime are out of this world. Anyways, I was sure the elder was somehow evil, but it's nice to see I was wrong. Also, that fight sequence was pretty awesome, very reminiscent of UBW which was expected. Looking forward to see next week's episode (along with the preview, they're very fun)
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 17, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2015
That scenery, though.

That was a good episode, especially the action was really good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 17, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
im really happy they are taking so many liberties with the script as they are, this felt significantly better handled than the ova or the game, and the start of zestiria was the better part of the game so im actually quite excited about this especially since the ending theme seems to confirm

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 17, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2010
JizzyHitler said:
im really happy they are taking so many liberties with the script as they are, this felt significantly better handled than the ova or the game, and the start of zestiria was the better part of the game so im actually quite excited about this especially since the ending theme seems to confirm

Jul 17, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
Good episode. I'm glad they added new content.
Jul 17, 2016 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
antonn said:
JizzyHitler said:

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 17, 2016 4:37 PM
Apr 2016
I watched the prologue (episode 0) and yet i do not see episode 1 and now there is episode 2. Some sites think that the prologue is the first episode but it's not.
Jul 17, 2016 4:38 PM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
antonn said:

THe whole story in the game was rewritten very short time till the game went gold. Alisha originally had a far bigger role.

Its part of the reason why the game's story overall is so shitty.
Jul 17, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
Gigikasp said:
I'm betting that other anime, I worship as it is developing, the characters and with a studio as Ufotable is even better, beyond the S2 already confirmed for winter 2017 (sorry my bad english)
what other anime? Do you mean berseria cause theres no indication of that getting an anime. Some people were making rumblings that a xillia anime might happen since it and xillia 2 appeared when they announced zestiria would get an adaption for the 20th anniversery, this potentially was made first in promotion for its prequel berseria with a hopeful adaption of the xillias after this is done.

that said i worry about a xillia anime despite them being signifigantly better games than zestiria cause 1 was really incomplete and i worry it wouldnt garner enough support to get an adaption of the actually outstanding xillia 2.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 17, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
JizzyHitler said:

THe whole story in the game was rewritten very short time till the game went gold. Alisha originally had a far bigger role.

yes im aware of the infamous rewrites that doomed zestiria to the state its in, the rewrites apparently happened only 8 months before the game went gold. Though it was confirmed by the current producer (who is an actually honest and straight foreword guy who seems to really know this franchise ) that

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 17, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. So cool of Sorey to help Alisha continue believing in the Shepherd.
Alisha looking at the Night Sky was so beautiful.

Woah Grandpa has got so amazing jumping skills. That crater he made under his feet. You don't want to mess with him.
Sorey & Mikleo vs that Hyouma was really good. Animation was so smooth.

Let the adventure begin.
Love the view at the end & those preview skits are so funny.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 17, 2016 5:05 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 17, 2016 4:58 PM
Jul 2009
Well, Tales of Berseria is coming out next month. It would be wise for the producers not to piss off the fans before the game is released. They are aware what the fans hate about Zestiria, so the anime is the perfect chance to make amends and keep the fans happy before the new game comes out.

Jul 17, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Fai said:

yes im aware of the infamous rewrites that doomed zestiria to the state its in, the rewrites apparently happened only 8 months before the game went gold. Though it was confirmed by the current producer (who is an actually honest and straight foreword guy who seems to really know this franchise ) that

Animes that are in the summer of 2016, I'm betting more that the first episodes
Jul 17, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Fai said:

They can claim whatever they want after the fact tho. If people were unaware of rewrites they could just claim there were no rewrites too.
Jul 17, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2015
Good episode. fun to watch.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 17, 2016 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
The fight though, it's more extreme here than in the game and OVA, which is awesome.

and Mason!! You are safe here, and Lived.
Jul 17, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
haha man so many changes i'm loving i Mason lived!

that fight was way more intense and fast paced compared to the tutorial first boss fight in the game makes me wonder what the later fights will look like.

time for new new content i guess? were out of the OVA bits now.
Jul 17, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
This plot is really amazing, even already know the storyline I get very excited watching, and moreover, it is impossible not to compare the episode with the events in the OVA, I think Sorey and Alisha relationship was deepened in the OVA, but the fight scenes were better in this episode, really exciting, as well as scenes of fireworks of OVA, to Maisen was a great evolution, seeing that this time he was not devoured, I'm seeing one as complement of the other, well, starting for now was still not adapted, I'm really looking forward to see the next episodes ..
Jul 17, 2016 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! I'm in love with their living place, those mountains + amazing views!
Can't wait to see him take the sword!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 17, 2016 8:40 PM

Feb 2012
Fappa said:

Alisha begging the seraphim and describing the situation in "the world below" instead of being clueless about pretty much everything.

Alisha suffering from her PTSD which gives her as a person and the fate of the world more weight

Overall they managed to tie a good amount of characterization and backstory for Alisha into a better version of the meeting with Sorey. A really solid set up for what awaits us in Ladylake and from what I've heard the great changes continue there.

100% agree with these points.
I'm actually liking Alisha a lot more than I initially did in the game.

All the changes so far compared to the game have been fantastic.
Just echoing what others said about Mason lol thank god that was changed. That fight scene with Sorey was epic. I'm really looking forward to the next episode and meeting
Also this is one of the few times (if ever actually?) I'm looking forward to an adaption making changes from the source material lololol. The end scene skit made me laugh I guess we are going to be getting them every episode which I love.

21 hours into the game I think i'll update my progress every episode discussion...just cuz.
Jul 17, 2016 8:51 PM
Apr 2016
Very nice and beautiful episode. I really enjoyed this anime so far!!

I WANT TO SEE MIKLEO'S FUNNY FACE :(((((((((((((((
Jul 17, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
Aw, they skipped Mikleo testing to see if Alisha could see him by jumping in front of their discussion and making weird faces at her. I remember questioning wtf was he doing when I saw it in the game.

Surpised they adapted the hunting, although short, was expecting to skip it since it isn't even needed.

Oh dang, Alisha with her hair down and not in her armor. In the game, she went to sleep with her armor on during that scene.

I don't remember the fight being that epic. Lol.

Loving the episode preview skits. Can't wait to see the rest of the cast.

Although, this anime possibly can't get very far at this pace, despite this game being pretty short compared to the others. I feel like it's gonna be another God Eater and end up part way.
Jul 17, 2016 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Paul said:
Aw, they skipped Mikleo testing to see if Alisha could see him by jumping in front of their discussion and making weird faces at her. I remember questioning wtf was he doing when I saw it in the game.

Surpised they adapted the hunting, although short, was expecting to skip it since it isn't even needed.

Oh dang, Alisha with her hair down and not in her armor. In the game, she went to sleep with her armor on during that scene.

Although, this anime possibly can't get very far at this pace, despite this game being pretty short compared to the others. I feel like it's gonna be another God Eater and end up part way.

Its supposedly a split cour so 13 more episodes in winter season
Jul 17, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2008
Midou89 said:
Paul said:

Its supposedly a split cour so 13 more episodes in winter season

Haven't heard about that yet, though not like I've bothered to look it up or anything aside from its entry page on MAL. I figured it'd just be advertisement for Berseria like God Eater was for Resurrection. Well hopefully it's true we got a 2nd cour.
Jul 17, 2016 9:43 PM

Feb 2015
Amazing episode, incredibly OST and the adventure start now.
Jul 17, 2016 10:22 PM
Feb 2015
Waiting for this ep felt like a month for me.
Anyway it was awesome!!!!
Jul 17, 2016 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
Uh this is rather related in the anime, but am I the only one who ships Mikleo and Sorey? Like holy fuck I love them two.

But aside from that, a pretty solid episode, of course the script was doing a lot better than I initially thought in the anime. Thinking about it... of course, as a person who hasn't personally played the games but watched some lets plays, they did a pretty good job with this one. More much better than ever.
Jul 18, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
That was good episode. im really digging this anime for its cool OP, animation and the story 5/5
Jul 18, 2016 12:48 AM
Sep 2014
am i the only one feeling like this is very similar to something out of a zelda game lol
Jul 18, 2016 1:14 AM
Jul 2009
Looks like Velvet will show up in episode 5 according to those who watched the pre-screenings.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/news/episode-5-6-tales-zestiria-x-will-cover-bits-tales-berseria
Jul 18, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Changes are good, much improvement to the source material for sure. Plus eyecandy, I like it all in all.
Jul 18, 2016 1:50 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode. I'm so digging this series.
Jul 18, 2016 2:27 AM

Apr 2015
Nezperdian said:

Oh, I can already feel the hiatus like God Eater.

I doubt it. The reason why God eater was such a b*tch to produce were the multiple layers of shadows used in that artstyle. This sucked up an insanely amount of time that they didn't expect.

Since Tales doesn't use this distinct art style, there is no reason for The production to fall in like a cardhouse. I also doubt they would ever allow for that to happen since they have to produce something worthy of a 20 year anniversary.
Jul 18, 2016 3:18 AM

Aug 2008
You can never go wrong with the quality in animation from this studio. Always amazing, ufotable.

Plot-wise, things are moving along, and the adventure is finally starting!

Sigh. It sucks that Alisha...

I just have a liking for princess knights. The mix of elegance, chivalry and looks is hard to ignore. Saber-like characters are a true love for me.

Actually, part of me...

I'm probably asking for too much. But a guy can dream, can't he? :D
GenixJul 18, 2016 3:24 AM
Jul 18, 2016 3:27 AM
Mar 2015
Genix said:
You can never go wrong with the quality in animation from this studio. Always amazing, ufotable.

Plot-wise, things are moving along, and the adventure is finally starting!

Sigh. It sucks that Alisha...

I just have a liking for princess knights. The mix of elegance, chivalry and looks is hard to ignore. Saber-like characters are a true love for me.

SSSIIIGHHHH.....
TyrelJul 18, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 18, 2016 3:45 AM

Aug 2008
@Emirius:

Yeah, I agree with you, bud, 100%!

But let's not boldly spoil it for others just in case they decide to keep to the game in that regard.

I mean...
Jul 18, 2016 3:45 AM

Sep 2010
Another great episode and that fighting scene even though short had godly animation. Sasuga ufotable.

As for the story though, I sure enjoy watching it but so far not much has changed in comparison to the game which is by no mean bad as the starting point of the series is really strong. I expected it to be like this all the way till the sword ritual. Afterwards though hopefully the writing gets better.
Jul 18, 2016 4:43 AM

Jul 2007
Nezperdian said:
Fappa said:

The thing is, this is going to be 25 episodes split cour.

Oh, I can already feel the hiatus like God Eater.

Won't happen.

The show so far is very safe and by the book for Ufo in terms of production. Prologue had some effort but right now it is pretty much template-work with reused frames, storyboards and scenes from their other shows and stuff and low effort fight choreography.

God Eater was TREMENDOUS work due to its unique art style(the best thing about it, the only good thing about it). This is pretty much Ubisoft Open World game level of effort in terms of design, in comparison.
Jul 18, 2016 5:01 AM

Oct 2015
Madlib said:
_Hans_ said:
So Im guessing Sorey is pulling that sacred sword out, huh?

It'd be a shocker if he didn't.

Yep. This was a nice episode although it was just the buildup for next episode.
Things should get more fun from next episode onwards.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 18, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2014
Both animation and fights are really cool, the story is kinda meh tho, hope it gets better..
Jul 18, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2016
Inferno_Blaze12 said:
Mason survived :O, Ufotable is changing a lot. Cool fight scene too

Yea, and everything so far has been for the better. In the game I never really felt that the world/Alisha was ever in any danger. Not to mention it actually made me feel for her situation (PTSD etc).

Can't wait for Edna to show up myself. She was the only thing that mad the game bearable.

Loved the fight scenes, loved the colors and the environments. def a 5/5 for me. I just wonder how far they can get at the current pace.
Jul 18, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Fai said:
The show so far is very safe and by the book for Ufo in terms of production. Prologue had some effort but right now it is pretty much template-work with reused frames, storyboards and scenes from their other shows and stuff and low effort fight choreography.

Can someone explain wtf he is talking about? You see , I'm not as smart as Mr. Fai and don't have his critical thinking or refined taste or his objectivity.
Jul 18, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Frozenkex said:
Fai said:

Can someone explain wtf he is talking about? You see , I'm not as smart as Mr. Fai and don't have his critical thinking or refined taste or his objectivity.

Basically he is saying he loves the show but just can't admit it because it's Ufotable.
Jul 18, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2015
Frozenkex said:
Fai said:

Maybe he think they can reuse frames and Storyboards with different characters from different shows lol
Jul 18, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah I was like quite a bit surprised when Alisha suddenly begging to the Seraphim to save the world. Like "WTF, I played the game and I can't remember this scene" but that was a good change nonetheless.

The fight scene with that bad guy was quite awesome too and that beautiful scenery tho at the end, ufotable surely did a great job adapting this so far.
Jul 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:
Frozenkex said:

Maybe he think they can reuse frames and Storyboards with different characters from different shows lol

You can replicate the same storyboards and animation sequences from other shows far more easier than creating new ones from scratch. UFOUBW did it a lot for example and some people tried to pass it off as "foreshadowing". Its actually quite common low effort practice even beyond ufo. It saves time. The difference is that ufo does it with their own projects. God Eater, Zestria, UBW, Zero share very similar shots and some very similar parts of fight sequences(the most recognizable example being the whole jump into the air while rotating thing that is done both in ufoubw and in this episode in exact same fashion). Its cheaper.

Can't find the most obvious example because tumblr is overcome with pointless shipping posts instead of fight gifs but:
AhenshihaelJul 18, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 18, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2015
Oh my god, they saved Mason! I'm really liking some of the changes such as seeing Alisha with her hair down.
Jul 18, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2011
WHY ISNT ARMORLESS AND HAIRDOWN ALISHA A THING IN THE DAMN GAME
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

221 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 17, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.