Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 3, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
hey maybe Howard Marks is a tribute to Mark Twain?
May 3, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2015
This is the first I've seen hydrocephalus in anime.
May 3, 2016 9:50 PM

Feb 2015
This episode just flew by! Kaminaga is such a bae.
May 3, 2016 10:08 PM

Aug 2015
I really enjoy the wide variety of missions that this anime shows, and the many different geographic locations too.
The art is beautiful as always.
The mission and plot twist are unexpected but reasonable.
The spies are all fun to watch.
I'm having a great time!

The preview for the next episode though... sensing some gay undertones. Is there going to be some romantic/sexual manipulation at work? Hooo baby, looking forward to it.
May 3, 2016 10:10 PM

Jun 2011
Spoiler for live action movie:
May 3, 2016 11:45 PM
Nov 2012
ouriel said:
I don't know if I should laugh about the whole plot of this episode or I should cringe at how stupid they make the other spies to be; on top of this, to escape an facility that deals with counter-intelligence and not to suspect of moles is kind of absurd, coupled with the laughable room search, because just glancing at a room will give you all the information you'll need to know that the spy's not there. Talk about plot convenience much.

This could've been far more interesting if they turned him in a double agent, if not, do what counter-intelligence services do, extract information, kill or gamble politically in order to preserve relations between the countries, altho in that time period is hard to do that due to already known circumstances.

And what's with all the bollocks of having "layers" of what you'll hide in your mind?

Well, in the end, it's my fault expecting this to be a decent drama/thriller, but I guess I got another James Bond or Mission Impossible show.

I thought they'd play a double agent which would have been plausible and interesting.
May 4, 2016 1:07 AM
Jan 2014
Wow this ep was hella tight. Felt like 5 minutes.
May 4, 2016 2:04 AM

Sep 2014
juicykitten95 said:
Flawfinder said:
Hard to care about the execution of the spy stuff if I don't know who the spy doing said stuff is. And by hard, I mean impossible.

i dont think we are supposed to care for the spy,he is a spy so his origins are irrelevant

what this series is trying to achieve is to get the viewers to think "oh this was some pretty cool spy stuff" , nothing more and nothing less

Yeah agreed. The problem you have here is that this show isn't about the characters. They are basically irrelevant or more like exchangable. The show is about the cases, difficult situations, plans and execution. I enjoy this show a lot, I don't need anybody to root for and I don't need to know the characters. The action speaks for itself.
I also think that it's a great show to watch weekly because it's episodical. It's in the nice niche where I don't need to watch the next episode right away but I'm looking forward to each new episode. Ep5 was great again.
May 4, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
Why does that guy look like an alien? What is with the bizarre character design in this show?
May 4, 2016 5:45 AM

Dec 2015
The morale of the story: Japanese spies always win.
May 4, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
Favorite anime of the season, and it keeps getting more thrilling.
May 4, 2016 7:02 AM
Jul 2015
which spy is this?

great episode.
May 4, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2012
nogitsunechaos said:
which spy is this?

great episode.

Kaminaga

http://jokergame.jp/character/kaminaga.html

and the spy they will focuse on next ep seems to be Tazaki

http://jokergame.jp/character/tazaki.html

and in the 7th episode I think it will be Amari(?)

http://jokergame.jp/character/amari.html
NemuriNezumiMay 4, 2016 7:38 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
May 4, 2016 8:01 AM

Dec 2012
My favorite episode so far. I'm finally getting interested lol. It was probably my anime slump that got me thinking that ep2 & 3 sucked... Need to rewatch.
May 4, 2016 8:47 AM
May 2016
What a great episode , am I the only on that thought that this episode was on par with the one with the amnesia guy in occupied france. I absolutely love this. It's true it's rather predictable but somehow it's a good break from all of those high school hero anime. Plus the historical setting is so great i almost wished the d agency existed. The background the reference to the twilight war and the analogy with Robinson Crusoe was awesome. I am simple minded person that's why i don't mind the predictable col. Yuuki planned everything scenario. But wouldn't be great if there was a continuation to this and the british thought about all of this ahead. After all mr big head had a very fake tine when he asked the soldiers to search the room am i the only one that thought that
May 4, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2015
NemuriNezumi said:
nogitsunechaos said:
which spy is this?

great episode.

Kaminaga

http://jokergame.jp/character/kaminaga.html

and the spy they will focuse on next ep seems to be Tazaki

http://jokergame.jp/character/tazaki.html

and in the 7th episode I think it will be Amari(?)

http://jokergame.jp/character/amari.html

I have high hopes for Tazaki!
May 4, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 2015
Amatarahman said:
What a great episode , am I the only on that thought that this episode was on par with the one with the amnesia guy in occupied france. I absolutely love this. It's true it's rather predictable but somehow it's a good break from all of those high school hero anime. Plus the historical setting is so great i almost wished the d agency existed. The background the reference to the twilight war and the analogy with Robinson Crusoe was awesome. I am simple minded person that's why i don't mind the predictable col. Yuuki planned everything scenario. But wouldn't be great if there was a continuation to this and the british thought about all of this ahead. After all mr big head had a very fake tine when he asked the soldiers to search the room am i the only one that thought that

Yeah I absolutely loved the amnesia guy and his episode. I miss our first guy from the first two :(
May 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2015
I loved this episode. Best one thus far. Colonel Yuuki is shaping up to be one of my favorite characters, that shrewd bastard.
May 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
Colonel Yuuki let the spy get caught on purpose, not to fck over the British but to convince the Japanese ministry to encode their sht.
The British spymaster looked like a pushover, but the sleeper spy was the key.
May 4, 2016 1:57 PM

May 2015
That British Spymaster man is one scary and hideous man. I would gulp having that ugly pie in front of me. Anyway, great episode. Things made perfect sense at the end.

May 4, 2016 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
I just love how deep these spy mission go, even when I think it is over or the cover has been blown the spies demonstrate their masterful training and come out on top in amazing and suspenseful ways.

~Great episode!!!
May 5, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2014
Tienz said:
ouriel said:
I don't know if I should laugh about the whole plot of this episode or I should cringe at how stupid they make the other spies to be; on top of this, to escape an facility that deals with counter-intelligence and not to suspect of moles is kind of absurd, coupled with the laughable room search, because just glancing at a room will give you all the information you'll need to know that the spy's not there. Talk about plot convenience much.

This could've been far more interesting if they turned him in a double agent, if not, do what counter-intelligence services do, extract information, kill or gamble politically in order to preserve relations between the countries, altho in that time period is hard to do that due to already known circumstances.

And what's with all the bollocks of having "layers" of what you'll hide in your mind?

Well, in the end, it's my fault expecting this to be a decent drama/thriller, but I guess I got another James Bond or Mission Impossible show.

I thought they'd play a double agent which would have been plausible and interesting.

It certainly would've make it more interesting, as it would make the Japanese spies susceptible to discovery and turning themselves against their own country, or in other words, making them prone to failure without always having some "masterplan" or a deus ex machina to be saved.
ourielMay 5, 2016 12:42 AM
May 5, 2016 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. That escape was quite intense!
May 5, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
Enjoyed it, again~
I liked the character design of that spymaster Howard (?), really unique and creepy, so very easy to memorize.
There were newer aspects to the job of being a spy. I was skeptical though when they sent his message without questioning. Also that they let a single soldier search through the rooms? But well, I can still enjoy this episode despite the ending being kinda expected and am looking forward to the next episode~
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
May 5, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
Trance- said:
I loved this episode. Best one thus far. Colonel Yuuki is shaping up to be one of my favorite characters, that shrewd bastard.

He's dah boss. *smirk*
May 5, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2011
I knew getting captured was all according to plan.
May 5, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
Outplayed and outsmarted. Colonel Yuuki knows, what he does. The sleeper spy made my day though. Overall the episode was tense and good.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 5, 2016 7:08 AM

Apr 2015
I watched Ajin a bit too well I think.

Other than that okay episode, needed a bit more play rather than talk tho
May 5, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2014
Good Episode… but with all these characters it is sometimes confusing which spy is playing the lead in an episode
May 5, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2014
Loved the music and atmosphere in this episode
May 5, 2016 9:28 AM

Mar 2014
Great escape is great

Best episode so far
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 5, 2016 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
damn dude's face is messed up also he has the same vois as Satou from Ajin which makes him crazier i think
May 5, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
Good, intense episode.
May 5, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
That was such a good episode. Oh, and finally I remember a character forehead guy
May 6, 2016 2:16 AM

Sep 2009
This was definitely better than the previous 3 episodes. I've adjusted to the switch to episodic cases and this had a good atmosphere indeed. I still wish that they developed the characters more, even if they're supposed to be spies and you shouldn't know who they really are.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
May 6, 2016 6:29 AM
Dec 2014
I think this series is all about Yuuki and how great he is.
great episode. tho I had a long time to understand the whole plot ;p
May 6, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2013
He had me for a minute, I thought Yuuki really betrayed him. (Who knows, maybe he really will.)

I look forward to every single episode in Joker Game. It's my AOS. I'm guessing the next episode will have another element of yaoiness in it or maybe not? Who cares, I love it.
臭い-
May 6, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode, was really intense and that whole thing with friday was interesting. That guy's head though.

May 6, 2016 11:28 AM

Nov 2015

Wow, this episode was so good! I was amazed by it. I was not expecting anything at all at any time. How did they conceive every possible scenario and prepare a counter measure ready in case? In the beginning I had no idea of why the book, Friday, and I even thought he betrayed the D Agency because of the truth serum, but in the end... ufff...
That sleeper spy really was a plot twist.

I can easily want a movie out of this episode jaja. Not that all episodes of Joker Gamer are not mini-movies already.

PD: That giant head tho...
I had to pause to laugh...
May 6, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far. Really interesting, it felt like 5mins rather than 20.
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 6, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2014
That headmaster's voice is the same as Satou-san's! Amazing menacing voice <3

Episode was really thrilling and intense, I loved it.

May 6, 2016 6:27 PM

Dec 2010
Still not sure where this show is headed, but very good episode.
May 6, 2016 7:29 PM
Nov 2015
I might be wrong... but is the agent here, Kaminaga? // I really enjoyed this episode even if I called 1/3 of the "Yuuki planned this all along" shots. Some say that this episode was way too predictable. Okay, yes; I'll give you that, but the way the plot turned into a perfect allegory of Robinson Crusoe and the fact that they used a "sleeper" to get Kaminaga(?) out of that place was genius. This series is way too awesome for me to handle and can we talk about that guy...? Yup. The ET guy, where did he come from? lol
May 6, 2016 7:40 PM
Dec 2014
that creepy alien guy was really weird lol :') i really liked this episode, it was really tense but I had no doubt that he would escape :D
May 6, 2016 9:44 PM
Aug 2015
I'm still a little frustrated because I don't know who's who in the D-agency and they change their names so its even more complicated V.V Anyway, this episode was a total blast! So much happening, nice amount of thrill and suspense. Although the ending kind of didn't make sense for me....because he went through all this trouble getting caught because of what the FA were doing? Idk. Anyway, guy playing Iwaza was awesome to watch. And how it was based on Ruscoe's story.
May 7, 2016 5:45 AM

Jan 2014
This is the best episode so far, at least I can give it 8/10 (can go higher if the next episodes better)
May 7, 2016 6:13 AM

Dec 2010
What a good episode, despite I was having a bad feeling about it for the most part. I'm glad that Kaminaga escaped.

When will we be back at the present?
May 7, 2016 11:36 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rather disappointing episode as they are portraying these Japanese spies as some form of superspy that are clearly above all the other spy agencies in the world at that time, instead of a more realistic approach.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 7, 2016 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
He is luck to have an ally inside, if it was not like that he would be dead for sure.
May 7, 2016 6:22 PM

Apr 2014
His inside guy really saved his butt there. I think truth serum just gets you doped up to get you talking.
---------My Profile------------
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

155 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 25, 6:09 PM

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.