Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 5, 2016 2:56 AM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Another great image for the collection:

This definitely refers to blowjobs.
Milk pls
So far, how is it? If this is another Asterisk-ish harem ting im gonna kill myself (i am gonna watch...eventually)
Apr 5, 2016 3:06 AM
Dec 2015
I was expecting more.how disappointing! it's like same story repeating from other harem anime. (i mean similar)
KuashaApr 5, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 5, 2016 3:47 AM

Oct 2015
What is this, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk + Owari no Seraph? .-.
A huge disappointment. At least the animation was fine,
but that is nothing new in 21st century.

Gonna stick to it and see what happens. Not that I expect
anything non-cliche.
Apr 5, 2016 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
Lol @ people writing the same things over and over again.

"hURR IS DIS INFINIT STRATOZ??? IT SO GENRIC!!!! But I'm probably gonna keep watching for absolutely no reason at all"
end my suffering
Apr 5, 2016 4:11 AM

Dec 2015
This show somehow is a bit better than the other show like what they said. The MC is pretty cool. Also this isn't "seeing naked then duel" anime, it's actually different, this one is actually really serious (you know that there is no comedy genre). The OP is nice tho.

hellogarry said:
Cliche...

Battle at the beginning of the series.

Special MC, and a Crossdressing Main Heroine..

Battle? But no battle on this episode tho..
i do what i want to do.
Apr 5, 2016 4:40 AM
Jun 2015
Come on, just give it a shot I mean it just the beginning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
Robiiii said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Another great image for the collection:

This definitely refers to blowjobs.
Milk pls
So far, how is it? If this is another Asterisk-ish harem ting im gonna kill myself (i am gonna watch...eventually)
It's more of a new infinite stratos. Which is worse than Asterisk.
Apr 5, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Robiiii said:
Milk pls
It's more of a new infinite stratos. Which is worse than Asterisk.

Not this sht again .-.
So boring
Apr 5, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2011
1. Main character vs potential harem girl right off the bat (usually in episode 1 & 2)
2. Main character lived together with the main girl in the same room
3. Main character starts his harem

I swear I've seen the exactly same plot somewhere before.....gakusentoshiasterisk infinitestratos saijakumuhainobahamut
Apr 5, 2016 5:04 AM

Apr 2014
Ruri-san said:
1. Main character vs potential harem girl right off the bat (usually in episode 1 & 2)

I swear I've seen the exactly same plot somewhere before.....gakusentoshiasterisk infinitestratos saijakumuhainobahamut
You can also just say EVERY SINGLE BATTLE HAREM EVER!
Apr 5, 2016 5:27 AM
Oct 2007
Nice to see that IS is getting a third season. Oh, it's not, and this is a new show?
Apr 5, 2016 5:29 AM

Jun 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
Ruri-san said:

Yeah you're quite right. The only battle harem that I enjoy recently is Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry where the main character ACTUALLY CHOOSE SOMEONE.
Apr 5, 2016 5:33 AM

Jan 2014
I mean... At least it's watchable. I mean, Saijaku was unbearable the first minute in. This barely tested my patience. Will keep watching, mostly because Rakudai made me believe in miracles.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 5:41 AM

Jan 2016
"Copy Paste Harem"

"Infinite Stratos"

"Duels"

"Generic"

These terms were used so much I felt like man they watch a ton of harems and still bitch about them. Seems everyone watches a ecchi/harem expecting completely different results. Fact of the matter is there are so many of them you will find very similar aspects to everyone that comes out. Also the battle/highschool/harem is popular for a reason, if it wasn't they wouldn't make them.

My personal opinion is watch it and enjoy but if you don't enjoy harems why watch them? Not much will change, mc almost never pics a girl. Almost always fanservice moments and the MC is dense as f*ck.

That said I watch echhi/harems/fanservice shows regardless. I will watch every copy paste out there because I know what they are about going in. I don't hold any preconceived notions that this will be different so I'll enjoy it all the same.

I am interested to see how the harem develops. Looks like the nurse might be part of it being shes watching over his sister so that's good. Obviously the trap is also down and probably that noisy brat girl. I think the student council prez will be coming along too so we got room for 2-3 more.

I am not sure if it has been rated yet but seeing there was no bare skin I don't think it will get the R+ rating(need some damn oppai).We saw some blood so maybe we can get a little more next week
I wouldn't mind a dark harem like Freezing.

Decent opening episode, animation looks good and characters seem to be ok right now(need more). The trap is a girl and has a weird resemblance to that girl he lost in the flash back. Need more action though, that was lacking but it is Ep1.
Maverick-samaApr 5, 2016 5:45 AM
Apr 5, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2015
Kinda liked the Opening song.

As for the rest, atleast it was decent, and I shall stick with it.
Apr 5, 2016 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
oh god...we traded in IS for this?!
Apr 5, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2012
I felt more reminded of Freezing in here. Even the president's "hundred" and appearance/personality.

I'm really liking the OST though. The song in the background near the end in the Colosseum really set up a tense mood.

Overall, it was a good start but I'm not expecting much from it.

Apr 5, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2015
I don't think I've said "UGH" more times in an opening episode before.
This is just Asterisk levels of terrible...
Apr 5, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2011
I was about to drop it halfway through due to the impossibility of that being a trap, so the towel scene actually saved it. Otherwise yeah, it was very stereotypic and predictable but it's all about the details that differentiate it from the rest. At least that's why I'm watching it in spite of not seeing anything new

Apr 5, 2016 8:03 AM
Mar 2014
This might be your typical cliche anime but... Wait, main girl is not your typical main girl? I think this is the first time I've seen an harem where the main girl is not a tsundere, a kudere (they used to be my favorite but now I'm tired of it) or just a dumb clumsy girl (it has been long since I saw 1 harem like that though). I really like main girl in this one because I usually like characters like this in harems but they are always far from winning, hoping she doesn't turn out into a full tsundere or some shit!
Apr 5, 2016 8:34 AM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Looks nice but I think I've seen that in... About 10 anime with the same start of main plot like in Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry or 1st season of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk... So I would watch it but don't expect anything "fresh" or "new" because of setting, characters personality and source of power. And that failed try to place a trap... It's obvious that Emile is a girl... Another dense MC...
Apr 5, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
Yes, it's generic as hell, but why is that so bad, I found the episode to be highly enjoyable.
Apr 5, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
Well every season needs its generically harem ecchi battle (magic) anime, so this is it.
On the other hand with all the other more or less bad shows (few exceptions this season so far) I will keep watching it. Shows like this dont need to be very good, entertaining is just fine for me. And we had some "good" shows like this in the past so who knows what we will get.

PS: Maybe the trap is actually a trap trap. Like, a girl dressing as a boy but big surprise its a girl!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 5, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was a good episode.

I'm pretty sure that Emile is a girl!

I see this like trap too ... seems like it will be probably revealed later to have some reason ... most common to see this character join the harem squad :P
<center> </center>
Apr 5, 2016 9:04 AM
Feb 2009
Can't they really make explanations less akward?
Do they really expect someone to enter a school that trains Hundred without actually knowing what a Hundred is?
Apr 5, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
Oh please, not this shit again. It's the hundredth time I've seen this boring stereotyped type of show around here.

Sigh, I'm going to drop this, there's a bunch of better and more interesting shows out there.
Apr 5, 2016 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
I could understand everyone's hate comments..but I don't wanna :p .... idk, I just seem to like this kind of cartoons....(just put the fckin tsundere's away), great time waster...7/10 for this episode
Apr 5, 2016 10:42 AM
May 2013
Just watched the opening. Already dropped.
Apr 5, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
Kinneas24 said:

Are you fuckin' kiddin' me??? Who in the blue hell drops an anime for it's OP? What are you , a hipster? Or special snowflake....??? But, yes I can agree with you... Opening sucks
KonteApr 5, 2016 11:47 AM
Apr 5, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
Goddamn i wanna watch it so bad. I dont mind generic but if its as boring as Asterisk...fuck me then .-.
Apr 5, 2016 11:08 AM
May 2013
Konte said:
Kinneas24 said:

Are you fuckin' kiddin' me??? Who in the blue hell drops an anime for it's OP? What are you , a hipster? Or special snowflake....??? But, yes I can I agree with... Opening sucks

I didn't dropped it for the OP (even if it sucks), but for what I could see in :
Generic Harem/Fan-Service/School set up.

And, from what I can read on this forum, it's even more "Cliche". So I prefered to dropped it right after the opening.
Apr 5, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2015
Hope they up the fanservice quotient or some up with something new because so far it feels like it's gonna be repetitive a f
Apr 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2014
Ruri-san said:
Milk_is_Special said:

Yeah you're quite right. The only battle harem that I enjoy recently is Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry where the main character ACTUALLY CHOOSE SOMEONE.
But it was pretty much the same as Asterisk so yeah....
Apr 5, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2015
i fell for it again ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Apr 5, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
I wanted to see the battle damn ... Emile is clearly a girl...
Apr 5, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
Okay first episode. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.
Apr 5, 2016 1:48 PM
Dec 2015
Emile might be a Trapception level Trap, but will never be as effective as Bridget!
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Apr 5, 2016 2:10 PM
Mar 2016
Is Emile Crossfode a guy in a girls voice of a girl who cross-dress as a guy?
Apr 5, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
So this is basically Infinite Stratos with another name??
Apr 5, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2015
Whoahoho said:
Is Emile Crossfode a guy in a girls voice of a girl who cross-dress as a guy?

Nah she's just a version of Charlotte Dunois who has been promoted to main girl.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Apr 5, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
Woah I definitely didn't expect his weapon to form as a sword! That was a HUGE shock!!!!!!11!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Apr 5, 2016 4:09 PM

May 2015
Lolimancer said:
Boy I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like I've seen this exact set up before. Well shit, I'll have to just venture through my list to find out what is giving me this sense of déjà vu!

Infinte Statos maybe?
Apr 5, 2016 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
Oh great more closed minded agruments like "this is generic", "Infinite Stratos 3,4,1000.0", at this point this is getting old.

I don't like it but I only watched this cause of GokaiYellow (or MAO if not a toku person). If you're just watching this to just bitch about how cliched it is (and make an essay about it than damn I feel sorry for you.

Overall, I think it's best is to either watch this type of show brainless or drop it instead acting like crybabies. There are better animes out... Hell! Even Beyblade burst is better that this.

Apr 5, 2016 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
KamenRiderMagna said:
Oh great more closed minded agruments like "this is generic", "Infinite Stratos 3,4,1000.0", at this point this is getting old.

I don't like it but I only watched this cause of GokaiYellow (or MAO if not a toku person). If you're just watching this to just bitch about how cliched it is (and make an essay about it than damn I feel sorry for you.

Overall, I think it's best is to either watch this type of show brainless or drop it instead acting like crybabies. There are better animes out... Hell! Even Beyblade burst is better that this.

Most people saying this are just dank memeing man, chill.
Apr 5, 2016 4:47 PM

Apr 2011
Ameouia said:
This show somehow is a bit better than the other show like what they said. The MC is pretty cool. Also this isn't "seeing naked then duel" anime, it's actually different, this one is actually really serious (you know that there is no comedy genre). The OP is nice tho.

hellogarry said:
Cliche...

Battle at the beginning of the series.

Special MC, and a Crossdressing Main Heroine..

Battle? But no battle on this episode tho..

A battle challenge hence a battle.

Episode 2 is still considered the beginning for me since the first quarter of a series is most of the time introduction.
Apr 5, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2011
Tail on!
No I mean, Hundred on!
All these on buttons, it is really embarrassing for me to say that out loud in public though.

These military uniforms.
The taste was too much militaristic to me during the ceremony.
The scene during the ceremony those two female students were late for it.
If it is somewhere like North Korea when some soldiers were late in the important meeting, there's really no way to go against the Leader, just get executed, unlike in this series just ended up expelled or to have a match to let it slide if the rebellious individual won.
Whether be executed or be expelled either way, the ones who ended up that way to me are like being erased from the country's existence, sometimes for the expelled part though.
That one failure means death that Claire mentioned, it really reminded me of it.

It can be said that Hayato joined the army in exchange to cover his sister's medical expense.

Hayato thinking Emile is a boy, no after being informed Emile is a boy, may have thought it is strange for a boy to greet a fellow student as far as hugging an another male.
Not a handshake, but an unexpected big hug falling onto the ground.
Hayato also may have thought Emile is Ga...
But jumping that conclusion is too quick, as Emile doesn't like being stared on its body.
And me, which is it!!!!!!!!?

Duel, Claire challenged Hayato to a duel.
Just like Julius challenged Ayato to a duel from Gakuen Toshi Asterisk.
At least to me, sounds like a duel I know of from Yugioh Arc V.
However so much difference between Yugioh Arc V and most of the other series.

Yuya: I want to appeal to everyone.
Dueling is not a tool for conflicts.
Duels are supposed to make people happy,
And bring them smiles!
I’m going to prove that through this Duel!

So far apart for this kind of genre such as Hundred series though.
Through this match Hayato knows at least he wants to bring Emile's and Karen's smiles by not getting expelled just after a few days.
Apr 5, 2016 5:03 PM

Jan 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Jeez, it's like Saijaku never ended. No season is complete without at least one of these battle academy ecchi/harem series. At least the duel with the Queen (of course there has to be a Queen) didn't come because of some typical fanservice-y situation like slipping in the bathhouse. And I'm really hoping Emile is a "she" and Hayato is just super dense, because s/he looks like s/he has boobs.

Well I'm predicting in the next episode, Hayato, a complete novice, will somehow beat the strongest Hundred wielder in the school, and then she'll start to act like a tsundere around him. Based on next episode's title though, she might win and let him stay but only if he agrees to be her servant or something.

It reminded me of Saijaku too! Aside from Lux attending an all girls school and Hayato is going to a boy and girls school but this pretty much matches up. It's still a bit interesting though so I shall continue and try not to compare it too much to Saijaku.
Apr 5, 2016 6:41 PM
Dec 2014
To be honest I watch EVERYONE of these harem school battle anime because even though the first 3 episodes are basically the same I love seeing the world that the author tries to build after those episodes. I would love if a show like Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry for example got a second season because I really enjoy this kind of anime. It mixes romance and action into one show and to be honest I don't like shows that focus souly on those things so harem is my only option sadly.
Apr 5, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2010
Apr 5, 2016 7:54 PM

May 2013
Not only was it blatantly obvious from just about every scene of the first episode, but the picture of Emile used for her character page on MAL reveals an extra set of curves in her skin tight suit... and as usual MAL tried to conceal the characters' information by removing it (keep up the good work with that though!)... didn't help this time R.I.P. Might want to change that, but tbh fam this show might not even be worth that minor of a fix.

I was so bored I had to skip through parts. Mars of the Destruction was worse though... so at least there's that. Not that there won't be people that enjoy this show: I hope the best for all of you. I will give it next episode to see how the fights go and to ensure I really don't want to watch it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hundred Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

133 by hyptocalus »»
May 31, 5:29 AM

» heard a rumor they might announce a season 2 this October

audac1ous - Mar 6, 2018

9 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

151 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

66 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

78 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.