Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2014
bobzanny said:
Kvothe51 said:

No, it's most definitely red.

Isn't it supposed to be half green? Or is that next chapter where it happens?

No, wtf? That's just an art style. Go watch Chibi's review and be enlightened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 4:13 PM

Jun 2010
Kvothe51 said:
bobzanny said:
<br />
Isn&#039;t it supposed to be half green? Or is that next chapter where it happens?
<br />
<br />
No, wtf? That&#039;s just an art style. Go watch Chibi&#039;s review and be enlightened.

I think the greenish sheen to Kaneki's hair had a bit to do with the holidays really. ( Kaneki's Joker Card). Especially with the "red" hand.
Dec 21, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2010
Though, I could be wrong.
Dec 21, 2015 4:16 PM

Mar 2015
Shu's father escaping was surprising,good for shu I guess.
Rip shirazu or not,I hope mah man Urie retrieves the corpse eventually.
Kaneki looks more good with the glasses,I'm glad he stayed with the CCG ,even though he may betray them later.pls stay

And is that last colored page a fan art?!the art looks similar to ishidas,but it's probably a fan art since it's the last page.
Dec 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2015
Kvothe51 said:
bobzanny said:

Isn't it supposed to be half green? Or is that next chapter where it happens?

I failed in my understanding of Ishida's foreshadowing and symbolism. Thank you for setting me on the right path.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 21, 2015 5:17 PM
Dec 2015
bobzanny said:
Kvothe51 said:

I failed in my understanding of Ishida's foreshadowing and symbolism. Thank you for setting me on the right path.

Yes. All hail the CTreeneki
The Holly jolly CTreeneki
Dec 21, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2014
nemya said:
Shu's father escaping was surprising,good for shu I guess.
Rip shirazu or not,I hope mah man Urie retrieves the corpse eventually.
Kaneki looks more good with the glasses,I'm glad he stayed with the CCG ,even though he may betray them later.pls stay

And is that last colored page a fan art?!the art looks similar to ishidas,but it's probably a fan art since it's the last page.

The art you mentioned was done by Ishida.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 5:51 PM

Nov 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Furuta the based madman, I'm liking him more and more with each chapter.

Based Furuta is gaining more fans.
Here are two avatars to use once you have accepted Furuta into your heart and soul:
---
Nuvviveji said:

Here's the full song:

More hippie parallels for the clowns. There's also Itori's bar: "Helter Skelter" and several others. It's only a matter of time before a grand reunion.

Ozymandias20 said:
Wait... Was that Kaneki at the last page? The art is so horrible I can't tell who is who.
Damn ETO, you're naughty af. ETO x KANEKI

k.

HIPSTERMOONCAT said:

Phrank I'm glad you're here

Thanks Hipster, you are so nice.
Dec 21, 2015 6:25 PM

Dec 2014

*cough*Eto a best*cough*
Thanks for these avatars Phrank^^
Dec 21, 2015 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
did anyone see this? how can he be so perceptive? we know that investigators in TG are really smart and all but this is out of ordinary. he may have better instincts than mado. and i like how furuta is appearing more and more.

tokyo ghoul:re 52.5 omake

furuta may really be a clown but a chance of him being information broker is high too. how did uta knew about auction raid? furuta told him. and in this chapter it was revealed that he works with aogiri too. he really is the most mysterious character so far.
Dec 22, 2015 4:52 AM

May 2014
Is there any good analysis of the symbolism Ishida-sensei used in latest chapters?
Dec 22, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2015
Sparteh said:
Is there any good analysis of the symbolism Ishida-sensei used in latest chapters?

What do you mean?

Btw I'd like to make a list of all TG-Related Illustrations, this is what the Wiki says:

Tokyo Ghoul (2010/2011) Miracle Jump 2nd Issue (oneshot)
Tokyo Ghoul (2011) Weekly Young Jump 2011-41 Issue (series)
Tokyo Ghoul: Rize (2011) Miracle Jump 6th Issue (oneshot)
Tokyo Ghoul: Jack (2013) Jump LIVE (series)
Tokyo Ghoul: Joker June 30, 2014 Shonen Jump 2014-31 (oneshot)
Tokyo Ghoul:re (2014) Weekly Young Jump 2014-46 Issue (series)

Plus all the Novels which I don't know if they are Canon, if so, do you know where to read them & all Omakes?
Sleigh2BellsDec 22, 2015 5:22 AM
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Dec 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Nov 2014
SleighBells said:
Sparteh said:

What do you mean?

Btw I'd like to make a list of all TG-Related Illustrations, this is what the Wiki says:

Plus all the Novels which I don't know if they are Canon, if so, do you know where to read them & all Omakes?

He wants to be fed bullshit so he can feel smart.
Dec 22, 2015 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Kvothe51 said:
SleighBells said:

What do you mean?

I didn't understand.

Dec 22, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2014
SleighBells said:
Kvothe51 said:

I didn't understand.

You got this wrong. I asked because I am interested in what type of bullshit can people create out of this. Kinda like watching fan art images. You understand that is just made up thing, but sometimes it is still entertaining
Dec 22, 2015 6:08 AM

Dec 2015
Sparteh said:
SleighBells said:
<br />
I didn&#039;t understand.
<br />
You got this wrong. I asked because I am interested in what type of bullshit can people create out of this. Kinda like watching fan art images. You understand that is just made up thing, but sometimes it is still entertaining

Oh I misunderstood haha sorry I'm new, I thought Kvothe was talking to me.

Dec 22, 2015 6:19 AM

Mar 2015
Kvothe51 said:
nemya said:

The art you mentioned was done by Ishida.

Oh so it was by ishida,I knew it looked too good to be a fan art.
I checked the raws and it wasn't with them,so I guess mangastream randomly picked one of ishidas arts this time instead of a fan art like the usual.
Dec 22, 2015 10:07 AM

Jun 2011
Ishida is unpedictable with his cliffhangers.
Kaneki is basically Arima 2.0 now.
Furuta is one hell of a likeable piece of shit.
A new Arc has started, so much hype.

Dec 22, 2015 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
Is this the last chapter of the year?
Dec 22, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
BaconKingpin said:
Is this the last chapter of the year?

Yes.
Dec 22, 2015 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
YAAAAA (sorry ahead of time, I was too excited to read any other comments or to finish reading the chapter) SHIRAZU'S BODY WAS STOLEN!!!!! Just like they couldn't find Amon's body.... where did they go? What did Aogiri do with the bodies??????? HUUHHHHHH?! What if... what if alll along (sorry I've been waiting for this to be canon for so long and I know I'm really pushing it, it doesn't really hint to anything but I'm really hoping I'm right) those bodies were taken in order to create more half-ghouls and so Amon and Shirazu are still alive???????? (I know, it's a stretch but still lol)

Edit: (okay so I just read the next page where they talk about ghoulification and I will admit that my theory was probably wrong. T_T seems they just want to do research or whatever, im not crying you're crying) (still hopes that somehow i'm still right though... *sobs*)

Editt: Also to all the peeps saying that Kaneki didn't want to kill Shuu, good call
FiflyAnimeLoverDec 22, 2015 1:36 PM
Dec 22, 2015 2:22 PM
Dec 2015
FiflyAnimeLover said:
YAAAAA (sorry ahead of time, I was too excited to read any other comments or to finish reading the chapter) SHIRAZU'S BODY WAS STOLEN!!!!! Just like they couldn't find Amon's body.... where did they go? What did Aogiri do with the bodies??????? HUUHHHHHH?! What if... what if alll along (sorry I've been waiting for this to be canon for so long and I know I'm really pushing it, it doesn't really hint to anything but I'm really hoping I'm right) those bodies were taken in order to create more half-ghouls and so Amon and Shirazu are still alive???????? (I know, it's a stretch but still lol)

Edit: (okay so I just read the next page where they talk about ghoulification and I will admit that my theory was probably wrong. T_T seems they just want to do research or whatever, im not crying you're crying) (still hopes that somehow i'm still right though... *sobs*)

Editt: Also to all the peeps saying that Kaneki didn't want to kill Shuu, good call

I don't mean to be rude, but have you been reading carefully or skimming the pictures? None of that is theory anymore. It's already happened in the story...

Amon is heavily hinted to be the "cannibal" in the nutcracker art
He actually pops up (well, it's heavily hinted who he is ("Floppy")) to save Saiko when Kane+Aogori attacks the Q's.

Shizaru was the owl during the nutcracker ark........

They're already half ghouls^

Sorry to be rude, but posts like these hurt my head a little. Idk how you're supposed to miss this even if you're only clicking the pictures. Amon i can kindaaa understandable? Shizaru got a friggen whole fight scene dedicated to him...
Dec 22, 2015 3:37 PM

Nov 2014
Tyizor said:
FiflyAnimeLover said:

I don't mean to be rude, but have you been reading carefully or skimming the pictures? None of that is theory anymore. It's already happened in the story...

Sorry to be rude, but posts like these hurt my head a little. Idk how you're supposed to miss this even if you're only clicking the pictures. Amon i can kindaaa understandable? Shizaru got a friggen whole fight scene dedicated to him...

You just made my day.
Dec 22, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2015
Kvothe51 said:
Tyizor said:

You just made my day.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 22, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2014
Tyizor said:
FiflyAnimeLover said:

He actually pops up (well, it's heavily hinted who he is ("Floppy")) to save Saiko when Kane+Aogori attacks the Q's.

My irony meter is tingling so hard that my ears have started to bleed.
Dec 22, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
Tyizor said:
FiflyAnimeLover said:

I think you meant Takizawa and not Shirazu...
Dec 22, 2015 6:53 PM
Dec 2015
MightyM16 said:
Tyizor said:

I think you meant Takizawa and not Shirazu...

Lol. My bad
Yeah, Shirazu's dead. Ded.
Dec 23, 2015 2:00 AM

Dec 2015
DEAD

Dec 23, 2015 5:05 AM

Aug 2015
Arcanix said:
And who's the swallow? ^^

You are ^^
Dec 23, 2015 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
Nobody has replied to my post btw.....

Dec 23, 2015 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
Well, just can't wait for Floppy identity reveal (not that we don't know who it is, it's obvious that it's Amon but you know what I mean) and also I'm curious if Kaneki will go to :re and stay there like in Anteiku, although I doubt it.
Dec 23, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Kajmakk said:
Well, just can't wait for Floppy identity reveal (not that we don't know who it is, it's obvious that it's Amon but you know what I mean) and also I'm curious if Kaneki will go to :re and stay there like in Anteiku, although I doubt it.
If it's obvious that Amon is Floppy, we don't need the reveal do we?
As for :re, he has no reason to go there, but I would like some more interactions between 'Sasaki' and :re.
Dec 23, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
Can't wait for my favourite male character A.K.A. Koutarou Amon to be revealed and kick asses.

Dec 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Kajmakk said:
If it's obvious that Amon is Floppy, we don't need the reveal do we?
As for :re, he has no reason to go there, but I would like some more interactions between 'Sasaki' and :re.

I didn't express my words the way I intended. When I said identity reveal, I forgot to say I want to see reactions of several characters. But we can never be 100% sure Amon is Floppy until author reveals it himself. This is something we can't really argue about.
Dec 23, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I wait for Amon's return too. I suspect that he may merge with his arata, made out of Touka's father.
Dec 23, 2015 6:28 PM
Dec 2015
deadoptimist said:
Yeah, I wait for Amon's return too. I suspect that he may merge with his arata, made out of Touka's father.

This sounds like some kind of weird BL...
Dec 24, 2015 1:20 AM

Jul 2014
Tyizor said:
deadoptimist said:

This sounds like some kind of weird BL...

Er, doesn't seem as something special to me. He used arata. Unless he was experimented on, that's what keeps him alive (cuz he lost an arm from the shoulder on, it's a huge bloodloss). CCG scientists said that aratas are very hard on user. And to me the name "floppy" seems to imply that he is not exactly stable as a personality. On the cards Amon was also shown together with the arata-Amon (so it's a big deal). Also normally you'd expect him to face his ghoul-related past sooner or later.
It would be logical for him to be affected by a long wear of full armor. I won't be surprised if it warps or even steals his mind.

Nobody knows, of course, but I half-expect this development.
Unless he is another one-eye, left to run free, which would be strange.
deadoptimistDec 24, 2015 1:34 AM
Dec 24, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2015
deadoptimist said:
Er, doesn't seem as something special to me. He used arata. Unless he was experimented on, that's what keeps him alive (cuz he lost an arm from the shoulder on, it's a huge bloodloss). CCG scientists said that aratas are very hard on user. And to me the name "floppy" seems to imply that he is not exactly stable as a personality. On the cards Amon was also shown together with the arata-Amon (so it's a big deal). Also normally you'd expect him to face his ghoul-related past sooner or later.
It would be logical for him to be affected by a long wear of full armor. I won't be surprised if it warps or even steals his mind.

Nobody knows, of course, but I half-expect this development.
Unless he is another one-eye, left to run free, which would be strange.

Agree, Amon can't be a common One-Eye experiment like Seidou IMHO.
He had a few "moral clashes" with Kaneki and they have a unique relationship, to me Koutarou is like the second main character, I feel like both of them will die in the end idk why, just a feeling.

tl; dr Ishida gimme Amon back.

SleighBells said:

Oh and please give me an answerrrrr.
Sleigh2BellsDec 24, 2015 1:49 AM

Dec 24, 2015 2:59 AM

Jul 2014
SleighBells said:
Agree, Amon can't be a common One-Eye experiment like Seidou IMHO.
He had a few "moral clashes" with Kaneki and they have a unique relationship, to me Koutarou is like the second main character, I feel like both of them will die in the end idk why, just a feeling.

tl; dr Ishida gimme Amon back.

Yeah. On the one hand, I checked what "floppy" actually means, and it seems that it fits well the version with failed experiment. But Kanou is way too nonchalant about Amon, and they seem to run a much tighter operation on their experiments now. I doubt they'd let Amon run around, if he was one of theirs. Also that would be boring.

I also thought that Amon was the secondary MC in TG.
Actually, when it turned out that Kaneki was at CCG's side in sequel, I expected Amon to get affected by the memories of Touka's father (or Touka's memories about him) and take Kaneki's place at Anteiku, for the series to make a full reverse.

If they die, they'll need to do so in a wery impressive way. The problem with such series is that the death of the MC may seem anticlimactic, cause he or she has been dying and suffering all the time.
Dec 24, 2015 3:47 AM

Apr 2014
SleighBells said:

Z4KDec 24, 2015 3:54 AM
Dec 24, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2014
expected Amon to get affected by the memories of Touka's father (or Touka's memories about him)

woo... that's a new one.
Dec 24, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
Arcanix said:
expected Amon to get affected by the memories of Touka's father (or Touka's memories about him)

woo... that's a new one.

So? I don't make conspiracy videos about that. It's a speculation, based on my impression on the events of the manga.
Dec 24, 2015 7:04 AM

Dec 2014
deadoptimist said:
Arcanix said:

woo... that's a new one.

So? I don't make conspiracy videos about that. It's a speculation, based on my impression on the events of the manga.
Amon has absolutely nothing to do with Arata besides wearing an armor made from his kakuja. He has no memories of him because they never met.
Don't know what you're trying to imply.
Dec 24, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
*sigh* Ppl around here like to nitpick so much. The point is that arata would move Amon to the ghouls' side and possibly make Touka or her brother involved.

Also, really, Kaneki sees Rize and talks to her in his hallucinations, Eto's kagune talk, Kaneki's kagune get mouths of their own after he eats Eto's, CCG members have strange relationships with their quinques, eating one's kakuhou gives one's strength to the cannibal - it's obvious that ghouls' lives are somewhat transferred and prolongued through kakuhou and kagune. Plot-wise they act similarly to blood in vampire fiction. And Amon basically gets a very strong version of that.
Though you could've noticed that I stated options broadly. I hope no one would insist that it's completely unrealistic for their world that he is heavily affected by a full-kakuja armor. Or it could work in reverse - Touka would be interested in him, cause he looks like her dad. It's speculation, I don't try to prove "scientifically" the color of someone's hair.
deadoptimistDec 24, 2015 8:57 AM
Dec 24, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Also, really, Kaneki sees Rize and talks to her in his hallucinations

That's all i needed to see. Have a nice life.
Dec 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Arcanix said:
Also, really, Kaneki sees Rize and talks to her in his hallucinations

That's all i needed to see. Have a nice life.

Yeah, I will.

Lol, do you follow TG religiously?
deadoptimistDec 24, 2015 1:22 PM
Dec 24, 2015 1:55 PM

Nov 2014
deadoptimist said:
Arcanix said:

That&#039;s all i needed to see. Have a nice life.

Yeah, I will.

Lol, do you follow TG religiously?

There is a lot of shit people say around here that you don&#039;t need to be an expert on TG for to see that it is very silly.
Kvothe51Dec 24, 2015 2:10 PM
Dec 24, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Captain... you'll need a new crew member, i'm about to jump overboard. Even with all this fog, i'd rather swim. The cold water may stop the loss of brain cells or the flow of blood. Both are decent solutions to my problem.
If i find land, i'll try to build another tg shrine to pray at.
Dec 24, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
*shrug* Well, I see that I can't try to discuss with another fan of Amon the expectations for his development I had at the beginning of TG:re, cuz this subforum is, apparently, not open for discussions. A pity, but no fun is no fun, so ok, I'll stop trying for now.
Dec 24, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2015
Calm down guys it's Christmas Eve.

Think about Amon, he's alone right now, he lost his identity, this is a sad day for him.
#Pray4Koutarou.

Thanks.
Sleigh2BellsDec 24, 2015 2:24 PM

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.