Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2015 5:18 AM
Jul 2015
For purposes of comparison, and also to encourage people from not dropping this show (lol what a fanboy I am), I would like to compare this series to another harem anime that I had watched, which was "Juuou Mujin no Fafnir".

Compared to JMF, this Kuusen series has a much more capable and likeable MC (which is a breath of fresh air since most Harem animes has lame MCs like Ichika cough cough), has more funny scenes (for me, the first episode of JMF was boring and the characters almost had no life in their expressions, as opposed to the good expressions and acting of chars in episodes 1-3 of Kuusen), and is actually a new genre in Japanese anime, which we call " Heroine Raising/Training”. Kinda like Saenai Kanojo? (Though I've never seen it) . Which means the hero raising, teaching or training the heroines to become better persons compared to their former selves.

So this is actually a genre that includes both "Harem", and "Heroine Raising/Training" as its tags lol. Some people might not like Misora or Rico, but character development should not be underestimated lol, and they might change after some scenes. At least this anime, is much better than first 3 episodes of Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, IMHO.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jul 23, 2015 5:24 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

I think people would care more about the ice cream-man reappearing than whether or not the characters get developments.

Jul 23, 2015 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
Adibash said:
Is this a kancolle cameo with Akagi and Kaga?
No, it's not.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 23, 2015 5:38 AM

Feb 2015
Ice Cream man was the only good moment in this episode. I'm really finding this show somewhat boring but I will not drop it. It's not the worst but I just couldn't care for any of the girls at the moment (Only that flying one who snuck into the room is cool and I say go for that lol)

Also, are we now going to have some lame love drama between Main MC and Yuri and that dude in glasses..Like I mean for real?? (Someone pm me and spoil that for me if possible please)
Jul 23, 2015 5:51 AM
Jul 2015
Honestly, does this even get any better?
Jul 23, 2015 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
Three episodes in and I'm still grasping at straws when describing what I feel about this show. It's not horrible by any means, the animation is pretty smooth and the character designs are likeable, but that's pretty much it.... If the bulk of the story were preparing for an invasion by bugs, or some sort of political internal conflict, I'd be at least interested. But thus far all we've seen is SoL scene after SoL scene. It's like I'm watching Chrome Shell Regios, without any of the fighting or conflict at all. So what exactly is the point of it all? The journey of three girls with flaws to become better versions of themselves by performing menial self-improvement tasks? Sounds like I'm playing a SIMs game here...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 23, 2015 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Im really liking the male MC and the development of the three girls in this episode pretty decent anime if you ask me, Kanata is a Good instructor so they have to trust him, better Episode than last, 8/10
Jul 23, 2015 9:01 AM

Mar 2012
So far this series has relied on silly scenes piled on top of one another. The only character I can like out of the 3 is Lecty, and that's only because she isn't an idiot like the other two. Kanata is a character somewhat worth exploring, but so far not a lot of attention has been devoted to him.

My bet is that Kanata probably gained some insane ability in the fight against the armored insects and that the reason he's refrained from fighting is that he's overpowered relative to everyone else. This is somewhat alluded to in the OP, as we see a few brief seconds of him looking like he's in berserk mode.
Jul 23, 2015 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
Some good scenes, but I thought many things were thrown in this episode to be more take advantage forward, I hope that big problems appear soon, and want to see some battles too, but I like the personality of the girls and I almost cried together when I saw the seller crying for ice cream, that sad scene ..
Jul 23, 2015 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
4. Misora gets mad at Kanata for asking her to change classes from Magic Cannon Sword to Magic Cannon. We might get to see the reason next episode.

It is because Misora admired Kanata, which is why she chose that weapon same as Kanata's.
Which is also why Misora said something like, "I was mistaken, I though you'd understand" sort of line.

HawkEye6591 said:
DROPPED after maid scene..

(I don't hate that part, but i expected some cool fight in this anime, and i was wrong)

Me too, I hope it'd be like Mahouka, 3rd episode showing the OP-ness of male MC, but I'm not going to drop this just yet until I see any OP moment of Male MC.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 23, 2015 11:44 AM

Jun 2013
maid outfits and bunny costumes k
Jul 23, 2015 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
Even fabulous Rito falls looking more natural, rather Kanata's ecchi situations ...
Jul 23, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
The ice cream vendor crying ... THAT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF THE CENTURY IN THE WHOLE ANIME INDUSTRY.
Jul 23, 2015 4:29 PM
Feb 2015
Poor icecream man! Lmao I died when he teared up xD
Lecty is definitely my favorite girl for this anime. That maid outfit made her so cute. Glad she is working in her weakness. The other Mc doesn't want to change styles, I wonder what her story is
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 23, 2015 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
The best part was when the vendor shed tears. The rest is a snooze-fest.
Jul 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
That ice-cream vendor... manly tears were shed.

Lel "I didn't notice". Easiest way to get away with groping.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Jul 2014
at the end
when misora said when she thought for a moment he was a decent instructor
in mah mind: "and I thought for a moment there you would stop being a bish "
-- Get Rekt m8 --
-- http://kohaku-chii.deviantart.com/ --
Jul 23, 2015 11:47 PM

May 2014
maid and bunny
every mens dream
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 24, 2015 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
i'll salute you Mr. Ice Cream vendor you will outshine the main ones someday :)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 24, 2015 12:57 AM
Jul 2015
In this episode, the glasses guys was commenting while looking at his PDA that, "Archernar class are the most numerous class of Beetles". The anime is hinting to us that there could be other classes of Beetles that would be stronger, bigger and more intelligent? I could imagine a big one being the Last Boss of this series?

Anyway, the bugs in this show reminds me of Starship Troopers, in which it's also an academy setting (albeit a military academy setting set in a sci-fi world instead of a magical fantasy setting) and that is mostly based on military tech with the foot soldiers being your ordinary peeps with no magical/special powers whatsoever.

In Kuusen Madoushi, the sky combat wizards needs to have a weapon to use that can concentrate and channel their magical powers for effective use, just like in other fantasy stories and RPGs, to state an example, a wizard in an RPG needs a staff to wield to be able to use magic, also another example would be in Harry Potter, where they need to wield a wand in order to be able to channel and use magic and spells. So, wizards without their weapons won't be able to fight effectively, although in Kuusen, they would still be able to fly on their own.
CoolitzHubertXVIJul 24, 2015 1:05 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jul 24, 2015 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
I will continue it because of the comedy. The part with the ice cream man was fabulous.
Jul 24, 2015 6:23 AM

Feb 2014
Ok. I'll admit that I died at that ice cream man part. Other than that, this show is still weak af. Only thing I can praise it for is being slightly better than Absolute duo and thats not saying much. I'll keep going till I don't want to anymore
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jul 24, 2015 9:34 AM

Jun 2010
Vindstot said:
That ice cream-man shedding tears over that dramatic soft-serve drop was easily the best part! Repeated that scene like 6 times.

this right here
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 25, 2015 1:26 AM
Jul 2015
Compared to Seirei Tsukai's main heroine, Claire Rouge, who's a violent tsundere, and Juuou Mujin's main heroine, Iris Freyja, who's just a dumb and clumsy girl, at least Misora in Kuusen is not as annoying as those two heroines from those 2 other harem animes. Misora is...tolerable.

However, I like Lecty the most, followed by Rico, because she has a cool and calm personality, besides it's not often that we get to see narcissistic heroines in anime, isn't that right, guys?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the hero and heroines opening up a can of whoop @$$ on the Bugs. This series, reminds me of a series that combines elements from these shows : Harry Potter+Magic Sensei Negima+Starship Troopers+Chrome Shelled Regios+Final Fantasy VII (Magic Academy setting, Hero becoming an instructor to his harem fireteam (Kinda like Magic Sensei Negima except that Negima's class has tons more gals, Fighting off huge numbers of bugs with magic, and FF-like equipment (magical swords, magical gunblades, and magic guns kinds of remind me like the Materia-powered weapons in FFVII.)
CoolitzHubertXVIJul 25, 2015 1:33 AM
Jul 26, 2015 5:49 PM

May 2015
Ice cream man, lol. Poor man. Alright episode, but show's been meh so far. Hope the pace will pick up a bit.

Jul 27, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2011
Lekty is just so adorable. I'll stick with this show more just to see her.
Jul 27, 2015 7:35 PM

May 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, maid outfit...

It feels like the show is trying every cliche from the book:

Another meh episode. This show's structure seems to have a lot of slice of life themes to it. Is it also just me but Rico can turn her personality 180 degrees when she can? She also seems to like stuffed sheeps. Weird..

Almost nothing is happening so far. Hope the pacing picks up.

I totally agree with you. It is cliche, with a slice of life. I can see potential in this anime, but most likely it will only be sub-par.
Jul 28, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2014
That poor ice cream man :(

Jul 28, 2015 4:55 AM
Jul 2015
I can' wait for episode 4. Lecty is so Moe-cute XD

Also want to watch more on Misora, and how Kanata's gonna persuade Rico to participate in training.
Jul 29, 2015 4:59 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Did those three guys near the beginning molest Lecty or something? What was even going on there?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 2, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
llcruz said:
Ice cream man is now my favourite character. Hope he appears with more ice creams next episode.
Aug 2, 2015 4:46 PM

Feb 2014
Just because ice cream-man 5/5
Aug 14, 2015 11:36 AM

May 2014
The highlight of this episode surely was the ice-cream selling guy shedding tears over the fallen ice cream.
Aug 23, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
Ice Cream man :D 10/10

Man, this show is really getting on my nerves sometimes. I don't know about the LN but I think they executed it poorly.

Did they think the viewers are dumb or are the other teachers just that terrible at their job? And really? That perverted teacher is the best they got? He's "accidentally" touching their "oppai" at every chances he gets.

Wow, Misora, you're a terrible friend for not even having the slightest hint of Lecty's problem

Misora blaming Kanata for her problems that she never even mentioned or showed. Just because he solved an OBVIOUS problem doesn't mean he's suddenly a mind reader.
Sep 18, 2015 8:27 PM

May 2013
Damn, Kanata's training has its benefits. Although we'll see what's wrong with Misora soon enough.
Meanwhile, Yuri's busy touching guys and Ice Cream Man crying scene is possibly the best scene ever.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 4, 2015 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
Lecty was kind of like Mikuru Asahina 2.0 in this episode, only that she wasn't forced to wear such an embarrassing outfit. But we still got a bunny girl in the end.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 5, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2011
Whoa this episode went downhill really fast for me. This is why I have problems with series like this, especially on the development part. People just happen to get rid of their personality flaw overnight. I might be hasty when I said that, Lecty development was handled poorly imo.

The show also got quite dramatic by the end of this episode, good lord I really dislike those moments.. mainly because I feel that it wasn't executed well, and just sort of came out of nowhere. No hints of red hair girl liking the sword, the scene also transitioned right into the the dramatic part after main protagonist revealed his plan for red hair's development that night.

The best part is of course the ice dream dude, and the mc's blonde friend who helped Lecty at the cafe.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 14, 2015 5:03 AM

Oct 2010
Cliche things are cliche, but they are entertaining as long as you get amused reaction from the characters. MC not giving a fuck makes it so out of place. That Ice Cream man shedding tears, it made me chuckle but sad at the same time. The guy makes it for the living and seeing his money's worth ruined, of course he wouldn't like it.

Interesting way of them dealing with their weaknesses. I must admit that it had some sense.
Things fall on people's crotch too much in this anime. Magic, maybe...?
Jan 26, 2016 6:26 PM

May 2012
This anime really is shit... wow this is probably the most boring anime I've seen for a while!
Jul 17, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
This is so bad, the highlight of the episode was the ice-cream vendor crying.
Nov 20, 2016 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Oh shit! Sensei caught feelings.

Lecty looked good in the maid outfit.

Must be easy to get a job and leave said job in this show.

LMAO The Ice Cream man cried.

Kanata with the late night booty call.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 21, 2022 5:32 AM

May 2020
Ice cream drops, that happened to me last year rip. Maid and bunny girls this time. Misora starting to leave the team. Seems Misora past episode after this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

135 by Lolicon »»
Aug 22, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.