Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2015 1:52 AM

Jan 2015
itszayeric said:
my god the explosions sound are horrible

So ? Don't like it, don't watch it ffs....
Oct 31, 2015 2:17 AM

Jun 2013
oh my sweet sweet Frolaytia's fanservice Qwenthur was a badass this week and dudes can't catch a break already sent off to fight another object
Oct 31, 2015 2:20 AM

Jul 2012
Old_Raven said:
How nice of Frolaytia to keep her word lol. Everything's working out too well though. What's more, the Princess doesn't seem to be any impressive in her Object. If anything, it's almost like she making her a pilot was a bad decision.

Raising an Object Pilot Elite is both expensive and complicated. The reason why she's disadvantaged is that she's been trying to go head to head w/ the current cutting edge Generation 2 Objects w/ an emphasis on heavy specialization (in their respective home turfs no less) w/ the Baby Magnum w/c is a near obsolete Generation 1 Object w/c is pretty much general purpose (Jack of all trades. Master of none.). She can't switch to a more advanced Object either since her body was specially modified and conditioned to pilot the Baby Magnum to peak efficiency. Switching to another Object is more or less impossible. Hence, once her usefulness decreases to a certain point, decommissioning her and her Object is the most logical choice.
Oct 31, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2014
Man, I wished I had a hot commander like Floytalia... My ROTC Commander was a chunky lady with a Hairy mole on her face *Barfs*
Oct 31, 2015 6:12 AM

Aug 2015
Qwenthur strikes again. Good episode.
Oct 31, 2015 7:09 AM

Feb 2014
It took them a couple of tries, but we can now admire at a necessary fanservice scene, and DAMNNN it was a hot one! =D

Qwenthur and Havia should consider themselves lucky that Frolaytia is giving them a good sight to behold with the posture and the pantie shot. =3

The action in the episode was soild too. The CG Objects and water looked pretty good as well.

At this rate, Qwenthur and Havia should give up in dreaming of a pay rise and promotion. As long as they're taking out Objects successfully one by one, then they'll be shipped around the world towards the next battlefield until they're needed no more.
Oct 31, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
Great fanservice, Frolaytia was perfect. Havia is so funny when he think about Frolaytia.
The action and the plan of Qwenthur were good, I appreciate more and more this anime :).
Oct 31, 2015 4:28 PM

Nov 2014
Dat froylatia fanservice...

They owned the object again but this time they are not even going to be rewarded before another mission lol
Oct 31, 2015 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
[quote=OrangeJP]Mah Nigga

[/quote]
Oct 31, 2015 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
Thinking of this show as a comedy certainly makes it more enjoyable XD Lots of funny lines and of course Frolaytia fanservice this episode was epic ... matching red underwear oh boy XD
Clever of them to notice that the Tri-core was having trouble moving because of the net getting all tangled up, then using their handheld explosives to do something about it. Not believable in the least of course (I get that it would stop the moving, but how does that make it explode?!), but still fun to watch. They're never gonna be able to get home like this either, especially how they always have to go in helping the Princess ... ah well, looks like a trip to Oceania next!
Oct 31, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
EvianBubble said:
I get that it would stop the moving, but how does that make it explode?!

There's a triangular structure thingy that keeps the three spheres together. When the tri-core tilts, the strain applied on the structure exceeds the strain it can take and ruptures.

The explosion after it sunk is the self-destruct protocol when the Object is no longer functional.
Nov 1, 2015 12:27 AM
Nov 2010
Really digging the comedy and fanservice. Frolaytia such a tease. I wasn't expecting this to be a comedy but it works in well with the action.

I was a bit skeptical about Qwenthur being to catch up and hold on to the Shark Keel's but ah well. It still was pretty innovative to tie up a 2nd one and cause it capsize. Was originally thinking he was going to attempt to blow up the fins some how.

The Princess's "yah hooo" was pretty cute. =) Can't wait to see what's the next object they fight.
Nov 1, 2015 12:56 AM
May 2015
WTF is that all the Frolaytia fanservice wed get to see, no Frolaytia in her lingerie, and when did a chinook helicopter had a shower built in them?
Nov 1, 2015 1:33 AM
Nov 1, 2015 1:09 AM

Oct 2014
Frolaytia in this episode was very ... OK.

4/5
Nov 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
You gotta admit, this show is brutally honest about the fan service it's providing. Respect for that!

Something else: the soundtrack is unusually amd unexpectedly good during some scenes.

ichigo_daisuki said:

What burger?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 1, 2015 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
Damn this anime is so good. Those underwater scenes are intense. I don't usually say or see this, but I gotta say that this anime is actually pretty unique. I haven't seen an anime where they did such battles underwater, in snowy Alaska and what looks like to be a desert in the OP. I'm also enjoying the humor. Damn good stuff.
Nov 1, 2015 4:09 PM

Mar 2012
FiveOVER said:
ataraxial said:
Can someone explain how he actually blew up the Object? Qwenthur said that he was blowing up the net and not the keels themselves (since as Havia says the explosions shouldn't have been able to damage the keels) but I don't see how this does anything at all?

The tri-core has the ridiculous weight of three Objects. To keep itself balanced and not tipping over when its moving and changing directions at high speed, it has those three shark anchors underwater that can retract and extend to change its center of gravity.

Last episode, the net got caught in one of the shark anchors, limiting its functionality. This episode, Qwenthur blew up the net and have it get tangled to TWO shark anchors. Thus, when it tries to evade fire from the Baby Magnum, it capsized.

The strain from the potential energy of its weight when tipping over also cause its frame to warp and collapse.

The only issue is that blowing up a net does not magically get it tangled up with anything lol.
Nov 1, 2015 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
Eh. I wasn't feeling this episode. The fanservice was completely unnecessary and in even greater amounts than the first episode, and the method of taking down the Object didn't seem as logical as the first (blowing up the nets =/= the nets tangling multiple fins).

This doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. I'll probably hold out anyway, but I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping at this point.
Nov 1, 2015 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Am I the only one here waiting for Havia to shine ? I know Qwenthur is badass and stuff but Havia also needs some extra screen time too you know. Oh yeah and the same could be said for Princess.
Nov 1, 2015 8:08 PM

Sep 2013
Qwenthur deserved the eye meal he got since he almost single handedly took out that object.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Nov 1, 2015 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
ataraxial said:
The only issue is that blowing up a net does not magically get it tangled up with anything lol.

Well, true. it doesn't automatically happen. You've got to have suspension of disbelief and assume that lady luck (or unluck) is on the two idiots' side.

That said, the logic is that when qwenthur blew up the net, it spreads out. And since the Tri-core is moving forwards at high speed, the anchor is on a collision course with the spread out net. With a bit of luck, its going to tangle with it. Remember that those nets are meant to resist the explosions from the mines, so it won't break apart that easily.

Another factor to consider is when a structure moves through a fluid such as air or water, the speed of the fluid around near the surface of the structure is going to be faster than the speed of the fluid further away from it. This is what airplane wings use to generate lift. The current generated by the keel makes it easier for the net to tangle. There's also turbulent flow that is a source for drag.

TripleSRank said:
Eh. I wasn't feeling this episode. The fanservice was completely unnecessary and in even greater amounts than the first episode.

This doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. I'll probably hold out anyway, but I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping at this point.

Unfortunately, or fortunately? Comedy laced with fanservice and Object action is the bread and butter of this series. Unnecessary or not, its what this series is going for. JC staff actually added even more fanservice on top of the ones in the novels though.

The reason it doesn't seem to be going anywhere is because we're still at two thirds of volume 1, which is an introductory volume so to say.
FiveOVERNov 1, 2015 9:09 PM
Nov 2, 2015 1:21 AM

Jun 2015
Man I love the heavy objects in this show.

They were so wonderfully huge, and the way the pair of them moved about in this episode was so enchanting, especially with all of the water... Can totally understand why Havia and Qwenthur are so excited about them. XD

Oh and I guess the baby magnum and tricore were good too.

*Whistles.*
Nov 2, 2015 4:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Havia is great with his wishes for fanservice XD

Otherwise, i still can't help but feel nothing for this show, it's just there.
Nov 2, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
FiveOVER said:
TripleSRank said:
Eh. I wasn't feeling this episode. The fanservice was completely unnecessary and in even greater amounts than the first episode.

Unfortunately, or fortunately? Comedy laced with fanservice and Object action is the bread and butter of this series. Unnecessary or not, its what this series is going for. JC staff actually added even more fanservice on top of the ones in the novels though.

The reason it doesn't seem to be going anywhere is because we're still at two thirds of volume 1, which is an introductory volume so to say.

Unfortunately: I didn't come into this expecting borderline-ecchi. I do appreciate your explanation though; you're right that there are enough factors to make it possible.

Do we get more of an overarching plot after the first volume has been adapted?
Nov 2, 2015 9:58 AM
Nov 2014
Havia calling Frolaytia Titan Tits and Jumbo jugs! All he does is talk about her tits ! im expecting more nicknames from him. Great episode tho
Nov 2, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2008
Those two really never gets rest of their lives!
We got a bit of fanservice from Frolaytia!
Enemy lost because of the mines that caught-up beneath the tri-object thingy!
3/5.

Nov 3, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2014
Jose07 said:
Qwenthur deserved the eye meal he got since he almost single handedly took out that object.

And Havia knew it XD

JohnBangBang said:
Havia calling Frolaytia Titan Tits and Jumbo jugs! All he does is talk about her tits ! im expecting more nicknames from him.

It's disturbing how OK Frolaytia is with it though, both as a woman and as his superior officer.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 3, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
Was hoping for a one-on-one duel between the objects. Too bad it didn't happen.
As expected, the object took its sweet time in firing the gun when aiming for Qwenthur.
Nov 3, 2015 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Quite an interesting episode.
Lol the ending hahaha.
Nov 3, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
Frolaytia was freaking sexy in this episode, that boat part...those legs xD jesus,she knows how to make them go crazy haha
That ending scene ;) Shower part ahaha Havia couldn't look at her panties & stockings without getting too excited ahahaha and she knew how to play with him ;)
Qwenthur boss again, he did everything on his own, Havia gave him some "air support",good job Qwenthur good job! That tsunami in the end xD
Ahahaha another mission -> Australian Continent :D Go go boys!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 3, 2015 9:07 PM

May 2015
This anime is getting pretty ridiculous. Qwenthur is definitely a solid contender for Mary Sue status: he's doing the equivalent of stopping an ICBM with a baseball bat, not once but twice. If they continue the formula of "Object appears, military can do absolutely nothing, Qwenthur takes it down with a pretty simple solution", I'm dropping it, because I hate formulaic works, and I hate OP protagonists. I know some like power fantasy, but it's really not for me. Please tell me it gets better.

Also, what happened to Havia? The first arc he was pretty normal, now he can't go 30 seconds without saying some kind of pervy line? That went from 0 to 100 pretty fast, didn't it?
Nov 4, 2015 9:08 AM

Mar 2014
So was this like the fifth time we had that "But the Princess is going to die unless I charge in there!" conversation?

Seriously next I want to see the Princess finish of an Object by herself or according to plan instead of being the damsel in distress
Nov 5, 2015 3:25 AM
Jul 2012
This anime.... between the comedy gold, the use of strategy, the explosions, the astounding dynamic between Havia and Qwenthur, fucking Frolaytia, and wry humor and discontent from our unlucky protags, I got to say I fucking love it. Sure there's lots of impossible things that the protags do, especially Qwenthur, but for once they have a lot more personality than some other characters from similar "MC too OP" anime. Compared to Mahouka Rettousei, or even worse Aldnoah Zero, where the MCs are OP but borderline emotionless, Heavy Object has far better characters. Maybe it's just me but Qwenthur and Havia just seem more "real" to me. I feel like their unluckiness, discontent and even fear with being plunged into war zones really shines through on their nervousness, pervy conversations with their CO and more importantly the dynamic comedic dialogue between the two in life-threatening situations, it's certainly a good coping mechanism as well. While the main story itself is still presently lacking and while they sometimes do irrational actions (Qwenthur's save the princess dialogue / power up mode can be annoying....) Qwenthur, Havia and Frolaytia, are really unique and refreshing characters, with a good balance, they are neither too wimpy and spineless, nor too OP and bad ass, I think it's a good mix. Or maybe that is just the proper mix of a type of characters I've always wanted to see in an anime. Safe to say I'm thoroughly enjoying their unlucky gags in nearly every situation they get into and how they cope with it.

While I hope Qwenthur doesn't always win for the whole series, and that eventually the princess does something useful, I really am enjoying this series, I just hope it continues to surprise and entertain me. Princess better get some development soon though.

Tl;dr: While Heavy Object lacks in some aspects, it has really unique, smart and entertaining characters that I haven't seen in many anime, and I continue to love the duo's antics and dynamic.

Also, does Frolaytia's comment to Havia about how Qwenthur was the one to shine this time, have any foreshadowing to Havia shining by himself in the future at some point? Because that would be awesome.

Side note, anyone else kind of hate the creator's naming sense? All the characters have weird fucking names.

Lastly: Qwenthur and Havia - GBOAT: Greatest bromance of all time.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Nov 5, 2015 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
This time, perhaps armed confrontation between Object is saved, but everything else is still ruined by the two protagonists who are always noisy and not at all organized, it seems more than solve problems as a matter of luck rather than implement a well thought. The drawings are good for this time and also the animations are good, but if you do not change log and in the narrative and the management of the script, the next episode I see it when I have the time because it starts to bore this TV series.
Nov 5, 2015 8:26 PM

Aug 2012
LauraBirdie said:
So was this like the fifth time we had that "But the Princess is going to die unless I charge in there!" conversation?

Seriously next I want to see the Princess finish of an Object by herself or according to plan instead of being the damsel in distress

Unlikely to happen. Its nothing against her she is a great pilot(they aren't called Elites for nothing), but her machine is just behind the times. Imagine trying to race against a Raptor while your in a WWII era Mustang. Thats the kind of difference she is dealing with.

mrcmc888 said:
This anime is getting pretty ridiculous. Qwenthur is definitely a solid contender for Mary Sue status: he's doing the equivalent of stopping an ICBM with a baseball bat, not once but twice. If they continue the formula of "Object appears, military can do absolutely nothing, Qwenthur takes it down with a pretty simple solution", I'm dropping it, because I hate formulaic works, and I hate OP protagonists. I know some like power fantasy, but it's really not for me. Please tell me it gets better.

Also, what happened to Havia? The first arc he was pretty normal, now he can't go 30 seconds without saying some kind of pervy line? That went from 0 to 100 pretty fast, didn't it?

They aren't really OP though. They just have the Devil's luck. I wouldn't be so sure to label it as "simple" when A) what they are fighting could literally kill them with an after thought, and B) It takes a fair amount of quick thinking to discover these weaknesses. The anime doesn't play it up enough, sure, but they go into these fights knowing next to nothing about these machines. Everything they learn, they learn from being up close and personal with these things. Thats not somewhere your average person would be, and they almost die often. Getting into LN info, sorry, but later on, something else they complain about is people thinking they are OP super heroes "out of some American Comic" and expecting them to do everything.

Laionidas said:
Jose07 said:

And Havia knew it XD

JohnBangBang said:
Havia calling Frolaytia Titan Tits and Jumbo jugs! All he does is talk about her tits ! im expecting more nicknames from him.

It's disturbing how OK Frolaytia is with it though, both as a woman and as his superior officer.

Sigh... I'm testing the limits on LN info, and I'm sorry, but I just tore through several of them... but there are some reasons talked about later on. As for Froteylia, first off, look at what you first quoted and there is part of your answer. Second, remember also this isn't today's military. Most of the "army" are mechanics to support the Object. She's 18, they are 17. To a point, its a lot less formal. Also, Qwenthur isn't "technically" a solider. And she doesn't exactly take it with no returns. She's just more... informal. Though she does exercise her power quite often, and they bitch and moan, but they do comply.
TripleSRank said:
FiveOVER said:

Unfortunately: I didn't come into this expecting borderline-ecchi. I do appreciate your explanation though; you're right that there are enough factors to make it possible.

Do we get more of an overarching plot after the first volume has been adapted?

Yeah, kinda, basically. As far as this season is concerned, yes. The next volume is one overarching, connected plot, and that should take up about half of the episodes after this next arc in Oceania(or Australia as we know it). After this, each volume is its own overarching plot. They make references, and the characters do develop during these times, but you will get your connected Arcs. And the Ecchi is just more...well...visible in anime form. They make mention of it in the LN, but he doesn't go into huge detail describing it. So when its all kinda... just there? seems like more.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AversaNov 10, 2015 6:31 AM
Nov 6, 2015 8:33 AM
Jun 2015
I don't know if anyone noticed or if it was because I watched the horriblesubs version but they made a few references about One Piece (Don Qxoite and Rossinante are both references) and there was another reference for Attack on Titan (SNK)
Nov 6, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
FHQ said:
I don't know if anyone noticed or if it was because I watched the horriblesubs version but they made a few references about One Piece (Don Qxoite and Rossinante are both references) and there was another reference for Attack on Titan (SNK)

Can't speak for the AoT reference, but pretty sure the Qxoite and Rossinante are from this...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote
Nov 7, 2015 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
God the comedy of this series is such a miss for me. On one hand seeing the MC being dependable is something I really appreciate, on the other hand I kind of wish there is an object vs object battle where the princess can actually hold her own without someone saving her or assisting her in anything.
Nov 11, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
This series just gets worse and worse with the fanservice trying to make up for its generic bullshit.
臭い-
Nov 21, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
Good action again... everything else, not so much.
Milinda needs more lines.
Dec 2, 2015 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
The take down was good.
Fan service was ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The skit of them complaining and yelling about going on another mission is terrible thou :(
Dec 3, 2015 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Probably my favorite episode sof far :)
Dec 16, 2015 4:45 PM

Jan 2015
Cute little messages back and forth from Princess and Qwenthur. :D
Jan 21, 2016 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
SOS_Sama said:
Just another Metal Gear Object destroyed by Raiden Qwenthur and Solid Havia.
This just sums up everything I was thinking since the first episode. It's like a parody.
May 8, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2012
Well it's getting there, starting get to a point that I'm starting to like it! Let's see what's next.
Dec 3, 2016 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
I dont care about Frolaytia fan service, I want Milinda!! I want loli!! Loli is justice!!!

Qwen did it again!! The legendary Object Slayer!!

3.3/5
Jun 11, 2017 8:44 PM

Nov 2010
Frolaytia definitely doesn't mind the boys. HAHAHA.

And, yeah, Qwenthur did all the work, basically. He's so smart, mang. So proud of him. HAHA.

The boys are too great at their work to be able to go home. omggg. Hits close to home. HAHA.

Ahhh. Great music.
Jun 29, 2019 1:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
not sure if Frolaytia is simply tease with him or she is just a slut :/
Sep 7, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, that princess is completely useless... Frolaytia gave some nice service though, I hope she really steps on him in one of the next episodes...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.