Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (English Edition)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2015 6:09 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really fantastic (and glittery) visuals in this one. The song wasn't half bad either.

It got pretty strange in the end there, but I dig it. The ME!ME!ME! tie-in was interesting.
Sep 10, 2015 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
What a twist, I'm curious about how it's related to ME!ME!ME!
Sep 10, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2009
they made a connection with Me!Me!Me!

imo if Me!Me!Me! is escapism of otaku males then this Girl music video is escapism of otaku girls

the girl on this video really looks like Meme from Me!Me!Me! so their might be a love triangle going on for this all along
Sep 10, 2015 6:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Just like "ME!ME!ME!" this one probably also has some sort of deep meaning, but what gives? Really liked the songs and the animation was great too!

Sep 10, 2015 9:28 PM
Jul 2014
Looks like this is how everything started..

+ Great music and visuals
Sep 10, 2015 9:57 PM
Sep 2014
The best of the this episode is the animation I think.
Seems like the main character of ME!ME!ME are happy in the end of the chapater, but i can not understand this end yet
there are still things to be explained
Sep 10, 2015 10:46 PM

Feb 2012
The colour design in this one is stunning. The colour palette just so beautiful and could tell the story(that I didn't really get entirely, even though I have a basic idea) on its own even if there weren't any characters.

Aside from that I think I need to buy some stuff by Daoko. Another nice song here, very smooth.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Sep 10, 2015 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
they made a connection with Me!Me!Me!

imo if Me!Me!Me! is escapism of otaku males then this Girl music video is escapism of otaku girls

the girl on this video really looks like Meme from Me!Me!Me! so their might be a love triangle going on for this all along

Was thinking the same thing when I watched this.

Looks like all is fine in the end. Both for the Me!Me!Me! guy and this girl here.

Sep 11, 2015 12:11 AM
Mar 2012
What I'm thinking is that it's probably a prequel. Meme is a school girl who has an unconscious tendency to see despair in the world. She loves Syu, but experiences heartbreak as he is together with Hana. She shows an uncaring attitude, but after experiencing the heartbreak, it may have warped her to the yandere personality we know in ME!ME!ME!. We see her despair at the end, but cheers up when the silhouette who is assumed to be Syu appears. Afterwards comes a flash of light, perhaps from a TV screen, which leads us to the beginning of ME!ME!ME! Seeing that he is now alone, she takes that opportunity to have him for herself.

This is me pulling random theories out of my ass.
Sep 11, 2015 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
it's so fuckin prettyyyyyy
holy shit

and nice song too
Sep 11, 2015 5:11 AM

Jun 2013
LastChapter said:
What I'm thinking is that it's probably a prequel. Meme is a school girl who has an unconscious tendency to see despair in the world. She loves Syu, but experiences heartbreak as he is together with Hana. She shows an uncaring attitude, but after experiencing the heartbreak, it may have warped her to the yandere personality we know in ME!ME!ME!. We see her despair at the end, but cheers up when the silhouette who is assumed to be Syu appears. Afterwards comes a flash of light, perhaps from a TV screen, which leads us to the beginning of ME!ME!ME! Seeing that he is now alone, she takes that opportunity to have him for herself.

My theory is a bit different tho

I think that Syu and Hana were together and Meme was secretly admiring Syu from afar. Then one day, Syu and Hana broke up. Meme used this opportunity to get close to Syu and Syu started enjoying Meme's company more and more.

But behind that, Syu still loved Hana. And Hana still loves Syu.

This leads us to ME!ME!ME! where Syu is ravished by many girls. He wants Hana but Meme is holding him back. And then there's the interpretation of Evil Hana and the many lewd Memes.

In the end, Syu loses to Meme. But still, he loves Hana.

And Meme is still waiting for her Prince Charming (Syu) to come back to her.
Sep 11, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
Am I the only who thinks that girl is not in love with Syu?

From what I've understood, that girl is looking out for love, to be loved especially (as she is creating a fake "boyfriend" from the ground, and a charming prince is seen in the distance, only to disappear).
I rather agree that she tends to see despair in this world, but it seems to me that she breaks people's heart because she, herself, fails to be loved. She uses her sex appeal as a weapon to do that (she is biting an apple - the forbidden fruit, and I think it is a metaphor for that, too). When she sees Syu and Hana, though, she realizes the strentgh of love and happiness, and it breaks her delusions - in the end, though, she finds true love (as a mysterious shadow comes near her and she is seen smiling).

Imo, it wouldn't contradicts Me!Me!Me neither; indeed, the girl in that video differs a lot from the blue-haired girl in Me!Me!Me: either they both are a representation of sex appeal, or that girl is a callback to the girl in Me!Me!Me, or Syu, after seeing her, have come to idealizes her - I don't know, but I don't think the two are related either way.

Anyway, I may be on the wrong path, but that is my theory on that. This episode was excellent.
Sep 11, 2015 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Oh the visuals were fantastic. I knew this was directed by the same guy that did ME!ME!ME but didn't expect it to tie in with his previous work.

Well what I got from it was somewhat similar to LastChapter. This girl, who is supposedly Meme, was experiencing love for the first time and was fine with admiring him from afar (by masturbating >. >). However when she finally decides to go and ask Syu out, she finds him together with Hana and realizes she was too late. Everything falls apart after that.

For a girl that remained expressionless and displayed no emotion, the shock must have been too much. Then we also see this which sort of implies she just went full yandere.

The silhouette in the end is probabaly Syu, after he breaks up with Hana which leads to ME!ME!ME.
Z4KSep 11, 2015 6:44 AM
Sep 11, 2015 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
FINALLY SOMETHING I WAS WAITING FOR

I SKIPPED ALL THE OTHERS JUST FOR THIS MOMENT THANK U GOD
Sep 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
Amazing
Sep 11, 2015 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
Meh Meh Meh!!
Sep 12, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Beautiful.
Sep 12, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this one just as much as me!me!me!, the visuals were great.
Sep 12, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
ye i agree with everyone that says this is likely a prequel to Me!Me!Me!
Sep 14, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
I don't really see this as love triangle thingy, however I do think that it's strongly related to ME!ME!ME! (besides obviously the appearance of the 2 characters)

I know that there are lots of interpretations for ME!ME!ME!, but we could also see it as a story about a guy obsessing about idols and sexualizing them while thinking that his girlfriend isn't good enough since she wasn't like an idol.

In GIRL we see a girl who is only a normal school girl in her fantasy world. When she enters the real world she's turns into some kind of magical girl idol. The title is also not just "GIRL", it's "i'm a GIRL" (according to the expo site). I think it's more a story about an idol who gets worshiped a lot but who can't find love while that is what she really wants. Just like (almost) everyone else she just wants to be that special someone for somebody. However she's all alone in a boat somewhere above the real world. Seeing the couple from ME!ME!ME! just reminded her of what she really wants (the focus is also not on Syu, but on the smile/happiness of Hana), but can only get for a short moment before it all crumbles away in her fantasy world.

I don't know much about the idol world, but is that you aren't allowed to be seen dating rule true? If so, then I see GIRL more as a jab at that rule and that idols need to stay "pure" according to some of their fans, while you have guys like Syu obsessing about them and seeing them as some kind of sex symbol.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.
Sep 14, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2014
Dopu said:
I don't really see this as love triangle thingy, however I do think that it's strongly related to ME!ME!ME! (besides obviously the appearance of the 2 characters)

I know that there are lots of interpretations for ME!ME!ME!, but we could also see it as a story about a guy obsessing about idols and sexualizing them while thinking that his girlfriend isn't good enough since she wasn't like an idol.

In GIRL we see a girl who is only a normal school girl in her fantasy world. When she enters the real world she's turns into some kind of magical girl idol. The title is also not just "GIRL", it's "i'm a GIRL" (according to the expo site). I think it's more a story about an idol who gets worshiped a lot but who can't find love while that is what she really wants. Just like (almost) everyone else she just wants to be that special someone for somebody. However she's all alone in a boat somewhere above the real world. Seeing the couple from ME!ME!ME! just reminded her of what she really wants (the focus is also not on Syu, but on the smile/happiness of Hana), but can only get for a short moment before it all crumbles away in her fantasy world.

I don't know much about the idol world, but is that you aren't allowed to be seen dating rule true? If so, then I see GIRL more as a jab at that rule and that idols need to stay "pure" according to some of their fans, while you have guys like Syu obsessing about them and seeing them as some kind of sex symbol.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

IDK if it's a general idol rule but there are stories about idols being fired after it became public that they are in a relationship. It's believed at least by their managers that their popularity would drop if all the obsessed fans have their fantasies crushed.
Great theory BTW :D

I hope there will be a 3rd part...
Hibiki07Sep 20, 2015 11:34 AM
Sep 16, 2015 7:37 AM

May 2012
so much sexual imagery lol
Sep 18, 2015 1:33 AM

Jan 2013
Uitchou said:
LastChapter said:

My theory is a bit different tho

I think that Syu and Hana were together and Meme was secretly admiring Syu from afar. Then one day, Syu and Hana broke up. Meme used this opportunity to get close to Syu and Syu started enjoying Meme's company more and more.

But behind that, Syu still loved Hana. And Hana still loves Syu.

This leads us to ME!ME!ME! where Syu is ravished by many girls. He wants Hana but Meme is holding him back. And then there's the interpretation of Evil Hana and the many lewd Memes.

In the end, Syu loses to Meme. But still, he loves Hana.

And Meme is still waiting for her Prince Charming (Syu) to come back to her.
This is how I saw it as well. Don't know if I can put it in any better way.
Sep 30, 2015 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
I love the hell out of this music video. I'm going to have a fun time analyzing this video.
Oct 3, 2015 4:19 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't get much of the story, but the animation (especially the colours) was amazing.
Oct 18, 2015 3:01 PM

May 2012
A prequel to the story of ME!ME!ME!? Well that sure explains why it's so colorful and absurd :p pretty interesting I must say!
Oct 24, 2015 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
The colours in this were gorgeous.
Mirai, zura~!
Oct 26, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
Somehow from to beginning this reminded me of ME!ME!ME! and it ended up being prequel to ME!ME!ME!
Nov 8, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
So bright and colourful, this was absolutely astonishing.
Slowly it got a bit more dark (theme wise) and even the Me!Me!Me! characters were tied in.
But man ... the visuals, just amazing.
Nov 28, 2015 7:44 PM

Feb 2013
My reaction: "Huh, what?"

It was pretty.
Dec 31, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
My second time watching it and it's still great, one of my favorites of the third season.
Jan 19, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2015
I got goose bumps
Sugoi!
Feb 16, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe not objectively a great one... but it's up my alley. Also didn't realize a MEMEME reference was incoming.
May 4, 2016 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't notice the MeMeMe reference, probably because I'm not a super big fan of MeMeMe... However, I thought some of the visuals were interesting.

Like when she's turning all of the women into flowers, who are trying to attract mates... and when she showed the man's true identity where he's tearing his heart out (presumably for someone else) and then destroys himself.
Then she meets the actual loving couple later on and has a revelation that it's not just about attraction and people destroying themselves other over this attraction.
She realizes she doesn't have anybody like this (or perhaps they're far away) and falls into a slump, until the end, where as shadow is cast over her and she smiles, presumably because it's her true love (who has either returned from somewhere or they've finally met each other).

Those are the only instances of symbolism I noticed, but it had an interesting message, to be sure. Still, I didn't care much for this one... pretty middling compared to the other shorts.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 8, 2016 2:07 AM

Feb 2013
Nice music and beautiful girl.
The guy and his girlfriend from ME!ME!ME appeared at the end and she lost it when she saw them.
I suppose that she was ME!ME!ME.
Aug 1, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2010
Another music video I see. Though, once again, while it looks really nice with vibrant colors and creative imagery, I'm at a loss at what else to comment on. I'm sure there's mounds of visual symbolism mixed in, but they're somewhat lost on me. Either that, or I'm thinking too hard on it and it's something much simpler than I'd imagine it to be. Or I dunno, it could just be to look cool. That might be the better alternative, as my imagination paints the short to be somewhat atypical.
Dec 2, 2016 10:53 AM
Jan 2014
This is my explanation for the video.

She is a school girl beginning, has no confidence in herself and is lonely. She is wishing for someone to recognize her. Sexual urges in puberty is common, and this girl finds herself wanting to go on a relationship as a sort of exploration, so she resorts to compensated dating, and also started dressing herself nicely and wearing make-up. Her sexual desires are being satisfied but not her inner desires of having a genuine relationship (this can be shown when she sticks her wand to the ground and forms a human-shaped thing which represents her relationship with men dated her, and this crumbles because she doesn't see them as genuine and instead still wishes to find a prince charming someday). Next scene shows her touching her "sensitive parts" that depicts her sexual urges being satisfied. This can be supported by the second boat scene, where she is lying inside the boat with many things which are supposedly given to her as compensation by the men that dated her.

Next scene in the city she sees a reality about compensated dating. There are girls willing to give their purity and these salary men may as well be as insecure as her (shows when a man trying to dig for his heart and finds none) and also resorts to compensated dating. This in return results to a temporary "happy relationship" between the men and compensated girls (shows when the world suddenly became colorful and lots of girls-turned flowers with apples that symbolizes virginity became a giant tree that somehow gives the image of happiness). But suddenly, she realizes that there is nothing more happier than a true love (when she sees Syu and Hana holding hands and she snap out and she crumbled).

At final scene she was shown naked (implies she had sex with those men) and someone comes to her and she looks happy and she's having hope again for an another relationship.

The lyrics for me supports this theory. Just try to visualize it. I hope somebody finds my theory somewhat plausible.
Feb 28, 2017 2:04 AM

May 2015
The visuals were absolutely stunning, and the soundtrack fit so well that it gave me chills down my spine.
I applaud whoever made this, seriously.
Mar 18, 2017 5:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Why 2 songs? Inncesary, and large i a fantasious plot, about girl and her insecuritis and dreams!!!

3/10.

G/W:9 - B/M:12 - U/?:10
Sep 10, 2017 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
Dat pantsu. She's cute.
Dat body. Dat oppai.
Dat pantsu.
I see that shaded nipple.
Dat dive.
Dat oppai jiggle.
Dat booty.
Dem nipples.
Oh shit! It's them.
She looks shook.
Dat pussy...cat.
Dat smile.

That was awesome.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 3, 2018 6:18 AM

May 2016
The imagery and animation of the video was simply mesmerizing. The graphics were so eye-candy and the vocals were so soothing/chilling that my mind pretty much goes blank when I try to put what the stuff represented into words. Twisted and chaotic but I can't look away~

It definitely has something to do with Me!Me!Me! and it looks like the lingerie fairy girl is actually Meme.

Aug 20, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2016
addiction08 said:
This is my explanation for the video.

She is a school girl beginning, has no confidence in herself and is lonely. She is wishing for someone to recognize her. Sexual urges in puberty is common, and this girl finds herself wanting to go on a relationship as a sort of exploration, so she resorts to compensated dating, and also started dressing herself nicely and wearing make-up. Her sexual desires are being satisfied but not her inner desires of having a genuine relationship (this can be shown when she sticks her wand to the ground and forms a human-shaped thing which represents her relationship with men dated her, and this crumbles because she doesn't see them as genuine and instead still wishes to find a prince charming someday). Next scene shows her touching her "sensitive parts" that depicts her sexual urges being satisfied. This can be supported by the second boat scene, where she is lying inside the boat with many things which are supposedly given to her as compensation by the men that dated her.

Next scene in the city she sees a reality about compensated dating. There are girls willing to give their purity and these salary men may as well be as insecure as her (shows when a man trying to dig for his heart and finds none) and also resorts to compensated dating. This in return results to a temporary "happy relationship" between the men and compensated girls (shows when the world suddenly became colorful and lots of girls-turned flowers with apples that symbolizes virginity became a giant tree that somehow gives the image of happiness). But suddenly, she realizes that there is nothing more happier than a true love (when she sees Syu and Hana holding hands and she snap out and she crumbled).

At final scene she was shown naked (implies she had sex with those men) and someone comes to her and she looks happy and she's having hope again for an another relationship.

The lyrics for me supports this theory. Just try to visualize it. I hope somebody finds my theory somewhat plausible.

Seriously, thanks dude. That filled in the blanks for me. I think her constant deadpan eyes and expression back it up too. False love is loneliness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2019 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
Bah...another music video...yawwwwn

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 24, 2022 3:31 AM

Apr 2019
When something is so popular that you do it 3 times
Oct 20, 2022 4:55 PM
Dec 2017
The ultimate anti coomer song lol

Feb 16, 7:23 PM

Dec 2022
gorgeous, enchanting, and alluring. just beautiful. not quite as good as ME!ME!ME! but definitely a different mood/angle of the same kind of emotions and just lovely

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Oct 1, 2015

51 by AoButa16 »»
Oct 11, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 13 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 12, 2015

30 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Mar 2, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 35 Discussion

Iconoclast - Oct 8, 2015

32 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 33 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 24, 2015

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 32 Discussion

Intereo - Sep 17, 2015

35 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 16, 7:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.