Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
SPOILER:

Holy shit, Nash is the same as Akashi! He has an eye identical to Akashi's! I wonder how this will play out. Wonder if Nash is stronger than Kise with zone and PC? I can't wait for chapter 7 now. So far this is the most intense game in the series.
Oct 10, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
Nash also has the emperor eyes like Akashi huh, lets see next chapter, but damn the mid air 3 point shot of Midorima is still awesome but i want him to be in the zone as well damn it

whole chapter is here if its not available on illegal sites right now - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.922751441152273.1073741830.688661431227943
Oct 11, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Awww yaasss, Midorima swing the game back into Vorpal Sword's favor with his three pointers! The Akashi and Midorima tag-team was dominant this chapter.

But of course, it wasn't going to be that easy since Nash revealed at the end that he has the Emperor eyes as well (also explains how he identified the eyes earlier in the chapter). D:<
Oct 11, 2015 12:43 AM
Mar 2012
Well damn, I'm speechless. That comeback is on point. Midorima making comebacks look so easy, what the heck. What are they gonna throw at us next chapter???

Holy crap, Nash with the Emperor Eye as well. Shit just got real (Well, fake, but screw that). What the heck even happens in a battle between Emperor Eye? A stallmate? XD

Well, hoping to see the next stage of Zone in the next chapter, and with the Generation of Miracles no less! I'm expecting the hype to continue with the next release!
Oct 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
I just knew it, but still... Seriously? Next chapter they'll reveal that Kagami actually had wings all this time.
(Akashi can still enter the zone and they have Kuroko's quasi emperor eye so... at least I expect these two dominating in the 8. chapter (the 7. one will be all about how Jabberwock is unbeatable))
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 11, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
How many people are gonna get emperor eyes or something very similar? Oh well, kinda saw Nash having some OP power like that coming.

Also kinda feeling bad for Takao? Even though he said he was glad that Akashi and Midorima worked well together, them pulling off Midorima and Takao's special play with no practice HAS to be making him feel invalidated.
Oct 11, 2015 12:07 PM
Oct 2015
Hopefully Nash uses his EE in a different way from Akashi or else he'd just turn into Akashi 2.0. In an EE battle I would say Nash has the upperhand, he has a size advantage over Akashi not to mention he also has a very high level of ball handling.

Was definitely excited to see Midorima get some screen time, he's still a beast even without Zone or any other buff.

Aside from Nash they need someone to stop Silver, it looks like Aomine has dropped out of the Zone to conserve his stamina. At this point they need someone in the Zone just to stop Jason Silver, he's too powerful in his base level.

And I hope this is the last time we see someone else with an EE since that now makes it 4 users that can predict the future, the EE has to be the most overused ability in KnB
Oct 11, 2015 3:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really now....Nash has Emperor Eye....What the actual fuck?

Anyway, this chapter was pure badassery and instead of Murasakibara being the one to shine, it was Midorima and boy oh boy did he do it.....Even though I'm not that surprised to see he and Akashi pull off the Midorima-Takao combo, it still wow'd me lol

Akashi fucking REKT all of them like I wanted too HNNNNGGGGGGGG....But now Nash is going to fuck things up....I hope that somehow Akashi or anyone else can stop this....Maybe this is where Kagami will put in some work with Zone 2.0
Oct 11, 2015 4:27 PM

Feb 2015

It's Midorima's time to shine. But this time Takao got replaced by Akashi as his partner lol.

What a revelation. So Nash's trump card is his own version of the Emperor Eye.
Now what I'd like to see is if he uses his eye the same way Akashi does. Emperor Eye vs Emperor Eye HYPE.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 10:19 PM
Dec 2014
Akashi being a badass, the duo combo badassness and the twist with Nash's emperor eye holy sh*t!!!
Oct 11, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2012
Kuroko will eventually counter Nash's Emperor Eye.
Oct 11, 2015 11:43 PM
Jul 2015
Told cha on my previous thread there's another version of Generation of Miracles
Oct 12, 2015 12:34 AM
Apr 2014
The next twist: Nash has a second personality as well, and the second Nash is actually a nice guy. Huh, huh?
Oct 12, 2015 1:00 AM
Oct 2015
I don't know how effective Kuroko's EE will be in this situation because one of thebiggest reasons why his quasi EE was effective on Akashi was because Akashi was playing by himself, Akashi made himself too predictable by looking to score on his own rather than pass.

The moment the old Akashi came back Kuroko's Quasi EE was ineffective against him since he started facilitating the ball around like a proper point guard. Even though Nash is an asshole he still knows what his role is and plays as a point guard, if Kuroko comes to stop Nash then that means someones open to score. And since it's been confirmed that Aside from Silver and Nash the other 3 are at least on par with the GoM, Team Vorpal Swords can't afford to leave a man open on defense or else it's a guaranteed basket for Jabberwock.
Oct 12, 2015 1:10 AM

Oct 2013
Go sack yourself Fujimaki. You destroyed Takao & Midorima's combo. And thanks, dude. You made it look better.

Niggaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 12, 2015 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
Lol Nash with the Emperor's Eye...

Somehow this doesn't entirely surprise me.
Oct 12, 2015 4:04 AM

May 2008
The best part of this chapter was Takao being jealous of Akashi tbh.

Also, I have a feeling that Nash's eye is gonna be stronger than Akashi's since Akashi kind of... forced the ability to exist, in a way. Nash might be able to do more things with his, or it might have a wider range, etc etc. During the Seirin vs Rakuzan match, Akashi did say that other Akashi was "his weakness", which implies he's not as strong as original Akashi -- he's just stronger than everyone else because he has to be.

I still think Vorpal Swords (someone take away Fujimaki's team naming privileges, good lord) will win in the end. Kuroko hasn't done much lately, and usually when he doesn't do much it means he'll do something big. Hoping it doesn't end in another KuroKaga alley oop, but eh.
Oct 12, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
Even though this has gone so far into the crazy territory, it's still entertaining as fuck ^^ + of course he has the same eye... of course. We do need our hero to do something this match.
Oct 12, 2015 7:27 AM
Dec 2014
I was hoping Nash would enter the zone but now with the emperor eye revealed it seems that wont happen. Oh well still badass xD

Now lets wait for an All Zone Generation of Miracles Direct Drive Zone 2.0.....
Oct 12, 2015 8:09 AM
Apr 2014
It's still the same as "Seirin vs Any Team". VS has twice as many players as JW, so if one player is "neutralized", they can always employ another one, while JW can't. Not very fair, is it?
Oct 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
DSizzle0 said:

Do not use logic friend, we are talking about Kuroko.
Oct 12, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
As usual enjoyable chapter, however another EE, feels like lazy writing.

Oct 13, 2015 7:00 AM
Jan 2013
Shimai_ni said:
I just knew it, but still... Seriously? Next chapter they'll reveal that Kagami actually had wings all this time.

Kagami's feet have wings :P

Ahahahahaha, Nash having EE is just -_-
Oct 13, 2015 6:35 PM
Aug 2011
This is such bullshit, even for Kuroko no Basket standards.

Oh well at least now we know this is ending really soon.
Oct 14, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
The Akashi Midorima combo was great and seeing Takao's reactions to it was really nice, too.

But wait, it's ending next chapter? Unless it's double length or something I don't see how they can wrap it up well. Murasakibara hasn't got his time to shine yet and Kuroko and Kagami did little to nothing as well. Here's hoping the final basket is scored by Kuroko with Kagami being his shadow, as that'd be less predictable than the usual alley loop.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 14, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
Meh
Oct 14, 2015 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
gghelis said:
The next twist: Nash has a second personality as well, and the second Nash is actually a nice guy. Huh, huh?
Lmao
Oct 15, 2015 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
Midorima's 3 pointers were great this match. Seeing Nash test the waters against Akashi's "Emperor's Eyes" was enjoyable.

..but Nash has eyes like Akashi! Wonder if he calls it "Manifest Destiny" or something lol.
Oct 18, 2015 10:28 PM

Feb 2014
Akashi-sama!!!! kyahhhh <3

and dang dem combackssss, so much shit happening lol don't even care if they're all asspulls

edit: time for Kagami to fly around the court XD

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit! Really didn't expect that ending! So hyped for next chapter!

Glad Midorima got some of his shots in.
Oct 31, 2015 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
I feel bad for Takao... My fav ship just got crashed by the man the plan, and Takao's ENJOYING IT. Aw hell... but at least the rest of the chapter was fun.

We've seen Aomine's Zone combo with Kise, and Midorima's 3-pointer with Akashi, now all that's left is some sort of Kagami-Kuroko-Murasakibara threesome, right? That should be epic... not to mention all the implications of another Emperor Eye.
Nov 1, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2011
Finally got around to reading it. I like that Midorima gets some attention here, as I always feel that he's a rather underrated GoM. Can't wait to read the final chapter, though I am not sure if the story is able to be wrapped up within the next chapter.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 5 Discussion

Tokoya - Aug 12, 2015

43 by a0i-kun »»
May 5, 6:34 AM

» Top Players In Order

Oreo_Assassin - Mar 11, 2016

13 by JL7-Raijin »»
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 8 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Mar 2, 2016

46 by xKiYoMiNaTiONx »»
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.