Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2015 9:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
All I have to say about this chapter is good night LMFAO
Aug 13, 2015 1:35 PM
Apr 2012
THIS CHAPTER WAS SO GOOD AJSFIIG
I loved how Aomine and Kise worked together and then Kise got into the Zone and Perfect Copy at the same time and it was so awesome, he was the strongest player on court!

AND BOKUSHI IS BACK HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED FOR CHAPTER 6
Aug 13, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
Well all I have to say is that KISE TOTALLY ROCKED ON THIS CHAPTER GO BABY GO

Pretty good team up with Aomine and Kise
Kise sacrificied himself for the team and entered zone + perfect copy
Momoi is pretty much me in life
Akashi is bringing Bokushi back //poor thing bokushi is scared because he was GoM's enemy once... but the emperor is back! Lower your head.

because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
Aug 13, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2014
Wow this chapter is so awesome.
Kise in Zone.
Emperor Akashi is back. Uff i'm so hyped right now.
Aug 13, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
The fanservice is real. Not that i mind.
Aug 13, 2015 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
Holy Shit Kise actually went zone!!!

Also emperor Akashi is back!
Aug 13, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2014
I'm sort of confused though. Original Akashi could already use his Emperor Eye when he was back to his original self, so why did he have to change back to Emperor Akashi

Original Akashi used his Emperor Eye as an aide to recreate Perfect Passes against Seirin and also Ankle Break'd Kagami as well using it. So why couldn't he just use Triple Threat Penetration from the beginning?

My theory is that each Akashi can't use the other's power to the full extent. Original Akashi can only use Emperor Eye to a certain extent such as situational Ankle Breaks, but he can't use Triple Threat Penetration. On the other hand, Emperor Akashi can't recreate Perfect Passes, even if he has amazing passes from the start.

Well that's my theory, but I would love to see other people's thoughts on this.
ReynithAug 13, 2015 8:32 PM
Aug 13, 2015 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
lol Kise has both the perfect copy and zone activated that made him the strongest player on the court but it drains stamina so fast

what im intrigue by is Akashi swtiches to his selfish/absolute self, in the finals in the winter cup we saw Akashi both using the emperor eye and the team zone giving ability of his, so maybe this implies that the selfish/absolute self of Akashi has better use of the emperor eye?

i wonder if Akashi on his selfish/absolute mode can trigger the zone too because his trigger is impractical for team play, might be that the trigger for his zone will change as well?
Aug 13, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
Reynith said:

My theory is that each Akashi can't use the other's power to the full extent. Original Akashi can only use Emperor Eye to a certain extent such as situational Ankle Breaks, but he can't use Triple Threat Penetration. On the other hand, Emperor Akashi can't recreate Perfect Passes, even if he has amazing passes from the start.

i just happen to read your comment

and thats my guess too, i think Emperor Akashi (or what i call the selfish/absolute Akashi) is the only one that can use the full potential of the emperor eyes
Aug 14, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2011
This whole chapter:

KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE KISE

Aug 14, 2015 5:45 AM

Jun 2015
All I gotta say is how is this chapter anything less than a 5?

Directed at the one person who voted a 4.

(didn't read any posts above but still...this chapter is a 10)

EDIT: Anyway, this chapter was dope. I really like how it showed Aomine's and Kise's history as friends and teammates and how basically the old team was back.

I was also confused about the whole Emperor's Eye thing. All I know was that Oreshi has Team Zone while Bokushi has Screw Teammwork Zone.

Also, since Kise can you Perfect Copy + Zone, I guess this puts him above Akashi in GOM Rankings? Although it will drain him so he will lose stamina fast, so in my opinion the list is like this:

Akashi
Aomine
Kise
Murasakibara
Kagami
Midorima

Midorima is now by far the weakest GOM with no Zone. I thin he should of reach the Zone together with Kise otherwise if he does it at some point, it will feel force. I don't see him reaching the zone though and not even 90% zone because Bokushi is playing instead.
KaitouAug 14, 2015 6:09 AM
Aug 14, 2015 9:44 AM
Jun 2013
ShonenKaitou said:
All I gotta say is how is this chapter anything less than a 5?

Directed at the one person who voted a 4.

(didn't read any posts above but still...this chapter is a 10)

EDIT: Anyway, this chapter was dope. I really like how it showed Aomine's and Kise's history as friends and teammates and how basically the old team was back.

I was also confused about the whole Emperor's Eye thing. All I know was that Oreshi has Team Zone while Bokushi has Screw Teammwork Zone.

Also, since Kise can you Perfect Copy + Zone, I guess this puts him above Akashi in GOM Rankings? Although it will drain him so he will lose stamina fast, so in my opinion the list is like this:

Akashi
Aomine
Kise
Murasakibara
Kagami
Midorima

Midorima is now by far the weakest GOM with no Zone. I thin he should of reach the Zone together with Kise otherwise if he does it at some point, it will feel force. I don't see him reaching the zone though and not even 90% zone because Bokushi is playing instead.

I am expecting something big from Midorima being in the zone. What kind of abilities will he able to pull off? Fade-away high projectile shots? :D
Aug 14, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
GO KISE!! >.<

Bokushi is back OMG!
Can't wait for the next chapter!!! >.<

Aug 14, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2011
Time for a montage of ankle breaks
Aug 14, 2015 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Awesome Kise-centered chapter. Also, the Emperor is back! Looks like in next chapter, we'll get to see a serious matchup between Nash and Bokushi. I predict Murasakibara will be making screens for Midorima at some point in the 4th quarter, as both are not contributing much at all thus far.

I can't wait for the match to be animated into a movie. And at the pace the manga is going (we are already in the 4th quarter), I really hope we are getting an Extra Game movie (15 mins for every chapter sounds about right) and I want to believe Fujimaki knew from the start it was going to get a movie adaptation.

j0x said:
Reynith said:

i just happen to read your comment

and thats my guess too, i think Emperor Akashi (or what i call the selfish/absolute Akashi) is the only one that can use the full potential of the emperor eyes

That theory makes sense. It seems that Oreshi can use EE to some extent to support the team.

But to make infinitely accurate predictions in order to make those steals and ankle breaks, he needs to switch to (however temporary) Bokushi mode.

TorribleAug 14, 2015 11:27 AM
Aug 14, 2015 12:52 PM
Jan 2015
Kise enter the zone with perfect copy! I see the original Akashi asking the emperor Akashi for help. Could it be that both personalities will work together and unleash

Doublekashi?
Aug 14, 2015 7:37 PM
Aug 2011
two best boys getting shit done
now this is what I want to see

also loved how Kise's working his balls off and Akashi is just there chatting to himself
Aug 14, 2015 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
Kiss in the zone! It was about time.

Finally, Akashi and his emperor eyes is back. Really enjoyed this chapter.
Aug 14, 2015 10:16 PM

Aug 2014
Torrible said:

But to make infinitely accurate predictions in order to make those steals and ankle breaks, he needs to switch to (however temporary) Bokushi mode.

Yeah I think so too. The Original and the Emperor are really 2 different people to an extent if you think about it. But since they share the same body, they can somewhat tap into the other's powers although not perfect.
Aug 14, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2015

I liked how Kise dunked on Silver. But Zone + Perfect Copy, no wonder he's exhausted!
Still though, his sacrifice won't go to waste.

Bokushi finally stopped one of Nash's quick passes. Looking forward to their showdown next chapter.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 9:23 PM
Sep 2010
Kise getting zone+ perfect copy? Pretty much renders everyone irrelevant. This chapter was great!
Aug 15, 2015 10:25 PM

Jul 2014
UESFHAWLEUFWAFSDKJAALKDJFAIEOFASFKSHG IT'S THE OTHER AKASHIIIIII
Aug 16, 2015 6:04 AM

Aug 2014
the teamwork between aomine and kise was a+ forget about that for a second because kise!! finally he is shining. unfortunately it wasn't long but he is finally shining through.

yesss bokushi is back. this was everything i wanted. and midorima + kise's reaction to him was perfect cant wait for the rest of the team to realise this

edit: momoi on the cover was nice which she was in the manga more beside a panel of her crying. where is her using her analytical mind? or data?? she is more than that
seeingsashaAug 16, 2015 6:09 AM
Aug 17, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2014
I WANT A ZONE MIDORIMA
Aug 17, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
So many possibilities to what can happen next. But omfffffffg what a chapter. O:<
Aug 18, 2015 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Perfect Copy + Zone and Akashi's Emperor eye, what a chapter.
Aug 18, 2015 6:37 AM
Apr 2015
Does this mean that Kise is the strongest player in all of KnB??
Aug 19, 2015 1:46 AM

Aug 2014
moefoe10 said:

He was in that state for like one play and then got exhausted, but I don't see why it wouldn't put him above the likes of Aomine and Akashi even if it is only for a moment.
Aug 19, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 2013
This chapter was so hype...

It'd be glorious to see Kise's perfect copy + zone animated. Production I.G. making a movie out of Extra Game would be too much for my heart to bear.

moefoe10 said:

Yes, for about 2 minutes lol
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 19, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2009
At this point I'd say Kise has surpassed Aomine. Even witchout the zone he is said to be faster then him.
Acording to Nash' words Perfect Copy is at the same level as Aomine Zone, but Aomine can be in the zone 2-3 minutes max, while PC can be used 7 minutes at best.
Aug 19, 2015 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
kronos7 said:
At this point I'd say Kise has surpassed Aomine. Even witchout the zone he is said to be faster then him.

Without the zone Kise would be equal to Aomine when he is not using the zone.
Aug 19, 2015 7:37 AM
Apr 2015
Ridicululz said:
moefoe10 said:

He was in that state for like one play and then got exhausted, but I don't see why it wouldn't put him above the likes of Aomine and Akashi even if it is only for a moment.

I mean when kagami entered the zone the first time he was in that state for like 2 minutes. Aginst rakuzan he was able to stay in the zone for like the whole 2nd half. I mean now that kise can enter the zone, with some training so that he can control it, I would say that he is above akashi and aomine. I mean PC + Zone is easily superior to akashis emperor ey + zone
Aug 19, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
I get the feeling that everyone is gonna get some sort of power up during this game.
Aug 20, 2015 2:22 AM

Mar 2012
That was FUCKING GLORIOUS! PC + Zone for Kise is absolutely INSANE! It's expected that his stamina drained quickly, but that was simply domination. And to conclude this chapter, Akashi's other self returned!

Midorima needs to break out now! Perhaps Murasakibara too, but he's been in this whole time anchoring the defense.
Aug 20, 2015 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
Grimmbae said:
I WANT A ZONE MIDORIMA

yes please i want him to get a power up too
Aug 21, 2015 7:07 PM

Jun 2014
I had a feeling Kise could get into the zone, but I thought it would be through Akashi. Didn't really expect Mad Akashi to return again.
Aug 22, 2015 1:10 AM
Aug 2015
I am confused why did riko said akashi can't make his teammate enter into the zone. anyone answer me?
Aug 23, 2015 5:00 AM

May 2013
I'M MELTING. OMG.
made by bunnyama
Aug 23, 2015 6:04 PM
Aug 2015
Link please for the chapter 5
Aug 24, 2015 11:44 AM
Apr 2014
I'm just wondering, what kind of a power-up would zoned Midorima get? He already has 100% accuracy. So, will his shots bring 4 points instead of 3? Lol.
Aug 24, 2015 6:57 PM

Apr 2013
mico_derfim49 said:
I am confused why did riko said akashi can't make his teammate enter into the zone. anyone answer me?

Because somehow Nash is neutralizing his ability.
I think it is his Tatical inteligence and his high hability is making some troubles to akashi organize his team.

This chapter was awesome. To me the potential of Kises ability will only lose to Akashi´s. I was confused about the emperor eye and the old personality coming back, but i think the theory above (Reynith) it´s right.

Maybe now is tie between them, but probably the next chapter, akashi will show something new, and maybe (just a guess) Nash will enter the Zone.

p.s: Sorry for the bad english writing.
DossocAug 24, 2015 7:03 PM
Sep 27, 2015 4:34 PM

May 2015
gghelis said:
I'm just wondering, what kind of a power-up would zoned Midorima get? He already has 100% accuracy. So, will his shots bring 4 points instead of 3? Lol.

Lol, I have no idea of what will be Midorima zone...
Sep 27, 2015 6:42 PM
Dec 2014
Epic x10. Im hoping for five things hehe
1) Akashi epicness
2) Midorima Power-Up
3) Nash Zone (Hoping for Black-colored Zone)
4) Akashi figures out how Nash is supressing his eye and puts the all Team into the Zone
5) TO BE ANIMATED EVENTUALLY IN COMPLETE AWESOMENESS
May 5, 6:34 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
This is so fking hype dude
Loving the art

More topics from this board

» Top Players In Order

Oreo_Assassin - Mar 11, 2016

13 by JL7-Raijin »»
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 8 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Mar 2, 2016

46 by xKiYoMiNaTiONx »»
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM

» Kuroko's Basketball Anime Gets Film

deg - Sep 20, 2015

3 by K_Omsa »»
Mar 6, 2016 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.