Forum Settings
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 3:39 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I haven't read anything this good for a long time. Admittedly, when I first started reading it, I felt that it'd be a group of heroes defeating the spawns of evil type of series, but looking at the score, I knew there would be some sort of twist. But I didn't expect anything like finding out who the impostor hero is.
That was such a twist ending though, a seventh hero once again shows up. Looking forward to reading the next volume.
-Karoshi-Aug 7, 2014 11:15 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2013
This is an example of how a title with a completely cliché initial setting (devil lord in a fantasy world with a prophecy of awakening+ heroes saving the human world, how can you make a more cliché initial setting?) can develop into an unexpected direction.
Perfect example that judging a title by a short synopsis (a longer synopsis talking about the traitor part in detail would obviously be a different matter) can lead to completely miss good title.

Glad to see that you liked it.

I also like how surprisingly original some of the Saint power are. Saint of fresh blood, of salt, of swamp, of mountain, and so on, we're away from the usual stuff on this as well.

BTW, maybe you should put into spoiler the part about who the traitor is.
ZefyrisAug 7, 2014 10:56 AM
Aug 8, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
Lol "Why are there seven of us?"

To Rolonia's question, no one could answer.

When I read that I couldn't help, but laugh.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Sep 8, 2014 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
This first volume was amazing. Having a main character who isn't overpowered, but has to resort to their wits to survive is somewhat really refreshing. I was a little hesitant to start reading this novel due to its cliche fantasy setting where heroes set onto a journey to defeat the demon lord. Not even for a moment did I suspect Nashetania to be the culprit so it was really surprising how things turned out.

Rolonia entering the scene kinda destroyed its perfect ending. Having seven heroes again sounds so damn repetitive that I'm a bit skeptical about the next volume. I really hope that there won't be a decrease in quality, because the first volume was a strong start.

With these being said, I'm off to read the next volume.
Sep 9, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
No need to worry, story isn't going to repeat itself. They're no longer trapped inside the barrier, and have no way to detect who's the seventh. So they need to go confront the kyouma, and especially the kyouma leaders, without waiting, to do their mission properly. And this, while having the seventh still among them.
Sep 16, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2013
What a great novel indeed! It didn't play out like I had expected. It only uses the high fantasy setting for a thrilling mystery. I haven't read such a gripping story in a long while.
And all characters are distinct and have a clear role in the plot.

To the OP's spoiler paragraph:

I also initially thought the appearance of Rolonia kind of destroys the final end, but after reading the second novel as well, I think it is for the better.
Sep 23, 2014 8:12 PM
Mar 2009
This was really good. Thought it was the standard Heroes vs. Demon King setup, but it's far from it.

Adlet is so weak but he's so damn cunning and tenacious as hell. And some of the Saint's powers are quite interesting, like Chamo's.

Then when Rolonia appeared, lol. Here we go again.
Nov 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2011
Well that was actually quite refreshing. Adelt is an interesting character while I also like the setting. As for the premise itself, it has potential there too and this story can go a long ways in a lot of directions. Kinda curious to see Fremy's relationship with Adelt and how that will develop later on.
Nov 29, 2014 10:58 PM

Sep 2012
Oh man what a fine read. I never really minded the cliche "Hero vs Evil" set up in the first place, but the mystery was really intense and rewarding.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 30, 2014 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
well according to that poll, whch was closed before the answer was translated,
Jun 30, 2015 8:03 AM

Aug 2010
I really loved this :3

Adlet is such an amazing character. His "Strongest in the world" gets annoying sometimes but I gotta hand it to him, he deserves it :P Haven't seen a MC like him in a while. Not OP but has just the right amount of charisma, brains and muscle with schemes and tactics to survive. And he seems to have fallen for best girl (not the girl he met first :O Is this a miracle?) XD

Fremy is really <3 That scene at the end when Adlet asked "Is it true that being with me makes u want to live" and her nod blushing while lowering her head was HHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG <3
Barion-ZaraJul 8, 2015 8:41 AM
Jul 5, 2015 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
That was awesome. This is the kind of story that i was looking for, haven't read anything this good since Hikaru.
Zefyris said:
well according to that poll, whch was closed before the answer was translated,

[spoiler]At first, i also thought Mora was seven , but then i started to think wouldn't it be too predictable. Still, never had thought Nashetania was seven.

Jul 20, 2015 5:11 AM

Apr 2013
Well, the whole point was that about everyone had reason to be suspected. It's easy to find the real one by sheer luck by seeing "I think X is suspicious" but that's another completely to manage to prove it before adlet does.
Everything is there from the clue to the clear motivation, but well. That's damn hard.
Jul 21, 2015 1:09 AM

Nov 2014
I had never really suspected Nashetania cuz in one part of the story, the seventh had thought that [they'd] let someone else kill Adlet, and Nashetania had made a deathly blow to the heart at Adlet, which he could of died if he hadn't blocked the blades with his arms. It was a real surprise that she'd come out as the seventh

(though that's a fact, I still felt that something's not quite right, especially Nashetania's expression when Adlet doubted her: "The moment she heard his words, Nashetania's expression suddenly changed. The girl that was afraid and seeking help had changed to a lifeless and expressionless girl." It's as if she'd given up hope, and decided to admit a crime she hadn't committed, like how most people would do when they think they wouldn't be believed no matter what they say.)

Btw I'm a little confused. Is "Nashetania" a kyoma? cuz when Nashetania became mudlike: "What is this?"
"A Kyoma's skill. And a considerably high level Kyoma's skill at that," Adlet said.
ttcchenJul 21, 2015 1:13 AM
Jul 21, 2015 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
Explanation for that kyouma skill will be given by Rolonia in volume 3. It's currently already translated so if you keep reading it you'll get the answer soon. But short answer : no, she isn't a kyouma. Kyouma have horns. She's the daughter of two full fledged humans, there is no problem on that part.
Jul 27, 2015 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
I don't think I've enjoyed reading something so much in a long time. I love the anime so I decided I would go ahead and start reading the novel and boy what a good decision that was.

I'm really excited to learn more about Rolonia, Saint of Fresh Blood huh?

Wow Nashetania. I kinda had a feeling but I'm still surprised. I knew it couldn't be Mora she was WAY too obvious. It was either Goldof or Nashetania and Goldof just doesn't seem... idk to have any goal aside from pleasing Nashetania.

"Um, why are there seven of us?" I died.
[center][/center]
Aug 10, 2015 4:12 PM

Aug 2015
Ok ok listen i just read this like an hour ago and reading the epilogue for it did anyone have the urge to slap someone after seeing "why are there seven of us"" like FFS Not again.
Aug 11, 2015 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
Wigglets said:
Ok ok listen i just read this like an hour ago and reading the epilogue for it did anyone have the urge to slap someone after seeing "why are there seven of us"" like FFS Not again.

The situation is completely different though, they're not stuck any more x).
Aug 11, 2015 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
Wigglets said:
Ok ok listen i just read this like an hour ago and reading the epilogue for it did anyone have the urge to slap someone after seeing &quot;why are there seven of us&quot;&quot; like FFS Not again.

The situation is completely different though, they're not stuck any more x).
Yeah but .....asdfghjkl; is all i have to say T.T LIKE NO MORE SEVENTHS I JUST WANNA LEARN MORE ABOUT HANS AND GOLDOF and see them fight the big scary bad guy but i mean i guess that would take away the spark of the book huh? ;)
Aug 15, 2015 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
Okay so the anime took way too long with their releases and had cliffhangers at the end of every episode so i read the entire first volume instead... and jesus... so many tense situations... god... i hated the bunny princess more and more throughout the anime (watched to episode 7) in the first place. She glossed over her 'heavy' past pretty easily too...

Aug 29, 2015 6:46 PM

Apr 2014
I really loved this first volume but really? there's another seventh... I thought the first volume was great, it was an awesome psychological thriller with good action but I'd like to see something new for volume 2.

Anyways...

Aug 30, 2015 12:52 AM

Apr 2013
^Because the whole point was to have seven of them trapped inside the barrier, so that they start suspecting each other and be unable to trust each other. THe whole point was to lead to braves killing each others.

Also, the second volume isn't the same as the first at all, since they aren't in the barrier, and have no clue, there is no reason to not go forward with the quest of defeating the majin, WITH the seventh alongside them.
Aug 30, 2015 4:07 AM

Jan 2008
ttcchen said:
I had never really suspected Nashetania cuz in one part of the story, the seventh had thought that [they'd] let someone else kill Adlet, and Nashetania had made a deathly blow to the heart at Adlet, which he could of died if he hadn't blocked the blades with his arms. It was a real surprise that she'd come out as the seventh.

This makes me think that that seventh was not Nashetania but someone else. The seventh wanted to make someone else kill Adlet and then Nashetania just did what he/she wanted.

I just hope Hans isn't the seventh. He and Adlet are my favorites.
Aug 30, 2015 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
Alright so I started reading this a few days ago because the whole mystery with the seventh was killing me. I wasn't expecting much to be honest and I didn't think I would get absorbed and genuinely enjoy it but daaaaang I was wrong.

I was surprised by how much I liked it! The author developed the mystery with the seventh so well. In the last few pages of the book I couldn't stop reading! It was awesome how the story would make you think someone was clear, then make you suspect them again, then make you feel sure that someone was the seventh and then surprise you. That aspect of the story was nothing short of fantastic.

Another thing I wanted to comment on was the character's themselves. I was watching the anime before starting the light novels, and I thought that most of them had very typical personalities. What I loved is that they were far from it. They all developed so much and I think that each of them has a unique personality, something that I honestly think is very rare and a very pleasant surprise nowadays. Even characters I truly hated I grew a little warmer towards. My favorites are Adlet and Hans ^-^

All in all, for me this series went from something I started out of boredom to something I genuinely enjoy, and I'm really glad that I found it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2015 6:25 PM

Apr 2013
I caved and read the last chapter of this volume after cliffhanger #10 in the anime. And as I thought...

...so dank. Knew it was that bitch. She was fishy the whole time.

And best line at the end by the best girl, "When I’m with you, I want to live."

I'm starting Volume 2. Need more Seventh action.
Apr 15, 2020 12:58 PM
Mar 2015
Reading the 1st volume of this was like mentally re-watching the anime over again that got me into the series. Filled me with great memories from last December of 2019 for me. This was a great beginning!

Can't wait to see where this goes now!

More topics from this board

» Volume 7 Release date ( 1 2 )

Kilvann - May 31, 2016

62 by RivailleAcker »»
Jul 2, 8:28 PM

» This light novel is finished? How many chapters this have?

jpxavowwgamer - Jul 15, 2021

7 by AsTralonTop »»
Jan 9, 3:25 PM

» Chapters in the Novels

VilkaTheWolf - Sep 25, 2015

10 by removed-user »»
May 25, 2023 11:53 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

19 by DatBoi18 »»
Apr 21, 2023 12:06 AM

» volume 6 discussion

Ghoultulhu - Sep 1, 2015

24 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.