Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2009 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
We all have them, EVEN ME! There are only a small handful that I don't like, Sonic X to say the least it's 4Kids afterall, another being The Girl Who Leapt Through time. Not so much bad acting in that, because the cast is really good, it's more of a poor quality sound mixing in comparison to the Japanese and some of the dialog is stale and corny. Even for Bandai I have to say it was not their best.

Last I really don't like Tsubasa Chronicle's dub, really some of the cast members don't fit well into the roles they play (some like Vic as Fai or Sabat as Kurogane are dead knock outs!) it's very hit and miss. Plus I don't like the fact FUNimation edited out the songs in Japanese. I'm fine with dubbing, and I'm even fine with dubbing songs, but don't take them out!

So what about you?
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 16, 2009 7:47 PM

Apr 2008
Aside from the ones you have just mentioned, i think Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni had a HORRIBLE dub... it's sad. I actually STOPPED watching the dubbed version and went hunting for the subbed version online xD They were that bad to me ._. and umm.. oh 4Kids One Piece -_- well... what can i say about 4kids? :] lol
Mar 30, 2009 4:18 AM

Aug 2007
Bleach, Naruto and lucky Star
blah
Mar 30, 2009 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
i didn't like the dub version of air
i almost didn't watch because of the dubs
Apr 16, 2009 10:55 AM

Mar 2009
Not counting to 4Kids English Dubs. I will have to say Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni & Karin. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni all sound older then they suppose to to me. For Karin, most of the characters felt really off.
Dec 17, 2009 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
ReiLuvsChii said:
Aside from the ones you have just mentioned, i think Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni had a HORRIBLE dub... it's sad. I actually STOPPED watching the dubbed version and went hunting for the subbed version online xD They were that bad to me

I found the EXACT opposite to be true. I watched the first season dubbed, started season 2. Still haven't continued. Those are prob the worst subs I've seen.
The worst dubs that I've watched an entire series of is EASILY Elfen Lied. I watched Soul Eater subbed, which was beyond amazing, so just to see, I watched a bit of the dubs. BLECK! It literally left a bad taste in my mouth! Shinigami-sama and Black Star especially. Death the Kid was realitively fine, and I can't complain about Soul, but Maka and most of the others are just unbareable. Don't get me wrong, a lot of those VAs are fine, they were just TERRIBLE casting decisions. Troy Baker, Vic Mignogna, and Kyle Herbert never disappoint, but they can't save those dubs. Also, Robert MCollum as Mifune could work out well.
Feb 3, 2010 1:27 PM

Nov 2009
Probably Elfen Lied, I had to start over subbed after the first episode.
Jul 11, 2010 9:37 AM

Jun 2010
tokyo mew mew or also known as mew mew power.....(was dubbed by 4kids)
Oct 28, 2012 4:27 AM

Oct 2012
Love Hina. It was so bad that i couldn't watch past episode 4
Apr 17, 2013 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
I've never really had a problem with any of the english dubs Ive watched, but I dropped Chrono Crusade because the dub was pretty bad
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
Jun 24, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
I prefer watching anime in dub, but One Piece (4kids) disappointed me. .__. I mean, why even bother? Pokemon's fine, but One Piece?
Lucky Star had some pretty bad dub voices as well.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Jun 2, 2015 4:10 PM
May 2015
I didnt like it how they changed the voice acters after season 1 of shakugun no shana the same with high school dxd born but i do prefer the new dubs because i like the voice of Josh Grelle
Aug 1, 2015 5:21 AM

Sep 2010
Rave Master. I love Fairy Tail so I was really wanting to get into Rave but the dub is just awful. I don't know if it's dubbed by 4kids but it sure as hell feels like it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite English Dub Anime Series

eatingegypt - Jun 3, 2008

48 by Lost_Hearts »»
Mar 30, 2021 7:46 AM

» favorite anime web sites

rave_ash - Nov 6, 2009

7 by HamoNinja »»
Oct 20, 2017 2:58 PM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Series

eatingegypt - Jun 2, 2008

2 by Redstar2613 »»
Aug 1, 2015 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.