Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 16, 2007 9:04 PM

Nov 2007
Thanks for the invite. I might as well start out with the most basic question. I'm a huge fan of World Masterpiece Theater from what I've seen so far. I almost expect greatness before I even put on the first episode. Thanks to fansub groups such as C1 I've had the chance to watch more of them then I imagined I ever good when I first heard about them.

Romeo's Blue Skies - This is probably my favorite one. I've seen it a bunch of times and every viewing was better than the last. The unity and character development is some of the best I've seen. Top notch story telling. It's so hard to get the opening theme out of my head sometimes.

Perrine Monogatari - I'm so happy C1 is working on this one because it's an amazing story if you stick with it till the very end. It's one of the most slow paced shows you'll ever witness, however you are greatly rewarded and soon realize you're watching of the best stories develop. A+

Akage no Anne - Like Perrine, it's as slow paced as they come, but you're drawn in right away. It's another favorite of mine and comes highly recommended.

Daddy Long Legs - Another great one that I got to see thanks to C1. The story was predictable and all, but the cast was nice and it turned out very nicely.

Peter Pan no Bouken - While I like this one, I guess I got spoiled by the others. It was more of an episodic adventure show than anything else. When I see the WMT tag next to it expectations are very high.

Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi) - While the original here isn't part of the WMT library, it very well should be. I've been watching the DVDs thanks to the new company ImagineAsiah and I'm so impressed 12 episodes in. Love at first sight. BUY IT and support the cause. I'd love to see the re-make as well one of these days.

I think that's all for me. : ) What about you?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 16, 2007 11:54 PM

Mar 2007
I think the only one I have seen all the way through is Daddy Long-Legs (which I loved). I have recently seen a little bit of a bunch of others (essentially, the first 1-3 episodes or so):

Anne of Green Gables
Swiss Family Robinson (Robinson Family Lost at Sea: Flone in a Mysterious Island)
Pollyanna
Romeo's Blue Skies
Ie Naki Ko Remi (Nobdy's Girl Remi)
A Little Princess
Peter Pan no Boken
Trapp Family Story
Alps Story: My Annette
Katri, Girl of the Meadows

I have an episode or two of Lassie, Perrine, Cedie, Tico, Little Women, and Tale of Young Grass: Nan and Miss Jo to watch soon. I like sampling all of these 'Wandering Orphan" shows ^_^ I hope to be able to watch more of them all the way through soon!
Nov 21, 2007 2:16 PM

Jul 2007
As of noon on 4/14:

Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette 1-7
Romeo no Aoi Sora 1-33 (all of it, loved it!)
Nanatsu no Umi no Tico 1
Shokojou Sara 1-2 (this could definitely become my favorite)
Perrine Monogatari 1-17
Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki - Fushigi na Shima no Flone 1
Trapp Ikka Monogatari 1-9
Porfy no Nagai Tabi 1-13 (raw)
Tom Saywer no Boken 1
Heidi 1-4
Akage no Anne 1-5
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother 1
AnomalousApr 14, 2008 8:52 AM

oh, these little earthquakes
Jan 4, 2008 11:25 PM

Jan 2008
Akage no Anne
Daddy Long Legs
Ie Naki Ko
Perrine Monogatari
Jan 12, 2008 7:57 AM

Dec 2007
Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari
Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari II
Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri
Ie Naki Ko Remi
Romeo no Aoi Sora
Shoukoujo Sara
Shoukoushi Cedie

OT:
@AnomalousOne
i'd like to correct you on your review of Romeo no Aoi Sora....
the novel's from Switzerland not Italy.....
that's all, nano desu~
Jan 14, 2008 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
spring_onions said:

OT:
@AnomalousOne
i'd like to correct you on your review of Romeo no Aoi Sora....
the novel's from Switzerland not Italy.....
that's all, nano desu~

Duh me! XD Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, one I didn't mention in my first post...
HisokaHajime said:

Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi) - While the original here isn't part of the WMT library, it very well should be. I've been watching the DVDs thanks to the new company ImagineAsiah and I'm so impressed 12 episodes in. Love at first sight. BUY IT and support the cause. I'd love to see the re-make as well one of these days.

YES. If you have access to rightsuff.com, this is where your next $83 should go! It's a great show and a great deal. Easily my favorite Christmas present this year, and I've only seen the first episode.
AnomalousJan 14, 2008 11:43 AM

Jan 14, 2008 11:58 AM

Mar 2007
That reminds me - I think the WMT club's relations need to be modified to show both Ie naki ko, and Ie naki ko Remi, since they are 2 different series. I haven't seen the version with male Remi yet, but have seen some of the one with female Remi, and it was very cool ^_^

Oh, and I really liked Porfy episode 1 :D
MagicalEmiJan 14, 2008 12:02 PM
Jan 15, 2008 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
MagicalEmi said:
That reminds me - I think the WMT club's relations need to be modified to show both Ie naki ko, and Ie naki ko Remi, since they are 2 different series. I haven't seen the version with male Remi yet, but have seen some of the one with female Remi, and it was very cool ^_^

I thought about that, but I'm not sure that I should because it isn't really a WMT series even though it looks and acts like one...

Dec 30, 2008 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
I saw...
Romeo No Aoi Sora (This is the best in my opinion)
Heidi, Girl of the Alps
Tom Soya no Boken
Princess Sarah
Anne of Green Gables
The Story of PollyAnna
Little Prince Cedie
I bet that there is a lot of S T R E S S involved.
But if it means crying alone
come get me
ImeanbecauseIhavetime
Dec 30, 2008 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Akage no Anne and My Daddy Long Legs. I've watched many Tom Sawyer episodes and a few of Heidi.
Jul 27, 2009 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
Completed:

1977 - Marco 9/10
1978 - Perrine Monogatari 10/10
1979 - Anne Of Green Gables 10/10
1980 - Tom Sawyer 9/10
1985 - Little Princess Sara 9/10
1987 - Little Women 9/10
1989 - Peter Pan No Bouken 6/10
1990 - Daddy Long Legs 9/10
1995 - Romeo Blue Skies

I watched more when I was a kid, but as I don't really remember them completely (if any) anymore, I'm only posting what I completed as an adult.
RobdeFRMay 11, 2013 3:50 AM
Jul 29, 2009 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
I saw (completely):

"Alps no shoujo Heidi" - 1974 (RAW)
"Flanders no Inu" - 1975 (RAW)
"Perrine Monogatari" - 1978 (RAW)
"Akage no Anne" - 1979 (EngSub)
"Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki: Fushigi na Shima no Flone" - 1981 (RAW)
"Shoukoujo Sara" - 1985 (RAW)
"Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari" - 1986 (RAW)
"Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari" (Little Women) - 1987 (RAW)
"Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan" (My daddy long legs) - 1990 (RAW)
"Wakakusa Monogatari: Nan to Jo-sensei" (Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari II) - 1993 (RAW)

Watching:
"Minami no Niji no Lucy" - 1982 (RAW)
"Alps Monogatari: Watashi no Annette" - 1983 (RAW)
"Makiba no shoujo Katri" - 1984 (RAW).
RuizuApr 25, 2011 12:11 PM
Dec 22, 2009 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
Hmmm... I used to watch Little Princess and Anette, when I was little... Rest is still waiting for me. I saw only some episodes of Daddy Long-Legs, Heidi, Perrine and Akage no Anne.
Mar 28, 2010 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
I'm going through Les Miserables as we speak, and Ive read the manga for Akage no Anne (which unfortunately ended very abruptly, before the actual end came.)
Jul 26, 2010 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
Les Miserables introduced me to the long list of unknown WMT titles, and I loved it - at one stage, I even put it as my third favourite. Valjean rivals Dantes in the 'greatest character ever league', and Cosette, as a child, was adorable.

After getting to the end of the subbed episodes (23, atm), I wanted to try out another WMT title, and what better one to go with than Romeo - the highest rated and a series already on my HDD.

Romeo had its fair share of flaws, such as Romeo becoming a sweep in the first place being due to him acting goody-goody, saving a bad person, and then willingly becoming a slave... but I can't hate something so moving. It wasn't quite as good as Les Mis has been up to yet, but it got me close to tears on more than one occasion.

My next title will probably be Perrine due to it being one of the few fully subbed WMT titles.
Jul 29, 2010 11:50 PM

Jun 2010
Hellos , I'm new here but not new to WMT. I'm lucky I watched most of them in my childhood years. going here I rediscovered some titles I forgot. ah, nostalgia...

here's my list.

Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari
Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari II
Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari
Akage no Anne
Alps no Shoujo Heidi
Flanders no Inu
Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri
Ie Naki ko Remi
My Daddy Long Legs
Nanatsu no Umi no Tico
Peter Pan no Bouken
Romeo no Aoi Sora
Shoukojou Sara
Shoukoshi Cedie
Tom Sawyer no Bouken
Trapp Ikka Monogatari

Fushigi no Kuni no Alice
Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli
Seton Doubutsuki: Kuma no ko Jacky
Wakakusa no Charlotte

here are some book adaptations that I also love, however they are not produced by Nippon Animation so this doesn't count but still..
Huckleberry Finn Monogatari
Anime Sanjushi
Himitsu no Hanazono
Oz no Mahoutsukai
Robin Hood no daibouken
Kaiketsu Zorro
The story of Cinderella
The Legend of Snow White
Jul 30, 2010 2:24 PM

Mar 2009
I saw:
Akage no Anne (I adore this one)
Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari
Peter Pan no Bouken (in my childhood)

And now I'm watching Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan
Aug 18, 2010 7:58 AM

Jul 2010
Here are my top 9 favorite WMT titles so far.

1. Dog of Flanders
2. Les Miserables Shoujo Cosette
3. Little Princess Sara
4. Ie Naki Ko Remi (yes, I like both versions. Have a problem?)
5. Porfy no Nagai Tabi (Yeah, I know only 5 episodes of it are subbed but I love it anyway, mainly due to my favorite seiyuu of ALL-TIME voicing Porfy in it! YAY!!)
6. Anne of Green Gables
7. Konnichiwa Anne
8. Perrine Monogatari
9. Romeo's Blue Skies (though only seen one episode)

Three of these I've only seen one episode of, but I DO plan on watching Anne, Perrine, and Romeo later in the future once I finish some other anime.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Someone could sub into english this finnish video about WMT?

Ruizu - Jan 2, 2017

1 by LekkivLeek »»
May 10, 6:41 PM

» Katri, Girl of the Meadows (FULLY SUBBED)

vini64 - Jun 19, 2017

34 by ProxyLain »»
Nov 21, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Is The Magic Treehouse anime film a WMT anime? - A Discussion

Pages_Pages - Nov 26, 2022

0 by Pages_Pages »»
Nov 26, 2022 10:04 PM

» What makes WMT anime special

Hydre_Ito - Sep 1, 2020

4 by Pages_Pages »»
Nov 26, 2022 10:02 PM

» WMT series download links sharing topic ( 1 2 3 )

RobdeFR - Sep 4, 2009

113 by trunkschan90 »»
Apr 9, 2022 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.