Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2015 12:32 AM

Nov 2014
I only had access to the dub, which was horrifying, but between that and the super off-model character designs, I found myself rolling my eyes at this way too often. It seemed more interested in cramming everyone's catchphrases and special attacks that it forgot to have real, natural, interesting character interaction. It was just embarrassing.

The plot, for what there was of it, was fine for what it was - universal shonen movie plot #263, or whatever. It's fine, if you went into this expecting anything else, you forgot how nakama power works. But the execution is so bad that I just couldn't get into it, other than talking at the tv constantly for doing it wrong.
Quality Queen.
May 4, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Anyone else think the animation was on point? Like waaaaaaay better than usual?
May 28, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
Erza is cute as always.

3DChaos said:
Anyone else think the animation was on point? Like waaaaaaay better than usual?
Movie/ova quality is mostly always better.

Mod edit: Merged double posts
ArdanazJan 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 3, 2016 6:33 PM

Jan 2016
first, Looks like to be set before the Mage games at the last act in the first season. But a taste of the 2014 season :) lovely texture to the character . Love it, as well the design, Got a little tease at the ending of the first season as well.

Love the movie, better then what i have heard.
Some parts Like the part then you see erza buying the wedding dress xD i didnt know i was watching SAO lol fucki display xD even tho! A Wedding dress?!?! xD Hilarious,She really wants to get married xD (i wonder who will be the lucky one?!?!?My bets its Jellal xD )
Also MOST be the first time Natsu and Gray seeing Lucy naked literary! ;) The Lucy x Eclair moment was wonderful ;-; sooo touchy.. From the knowing he was Eclair Father, to the ending of losing her.. ;-; damn.

Awesome movie, Deleverd lots of feelings and enjoyment,So im Really Satisfying with it. Now its time for the 2014 season
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 23, 2017 11:06 AM

Apr 2009
Once again the power of friendship saves the day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 4:13 PM
Apr 2014
Did anyone else think the phoenix looked like the robot thing from Laputa Castle in the Sky?
Feb 14, 2019 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
The movie itself was okay, better than what I expected. 7/10

Mar 10, 2019 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Blood; concise, flashy battles; fluid, detailed animation in place of slow motion stills... is this still Fairy Tail!? This movie makes me wonder how much more engrossing the main series would be with this level of animation detail. It was incredibly flashy and extravagant, much more so than the series has any hope of being.

I don't get the complaints about the character designs or the art being off. Everything looked fine to me, except with the souped-up flair of the fluid animation and better attention to detail (where it counts, at least).

Being movie length meant the fights didn't have the time to take an entire episode exchanging generic attacks under Adobe After Effects slow motion frames, reducing the battles to a short series of key blows which is MUCH more effective IMO. But I think shounenfags like the exchange of generic attacks (how many times do we need to see FIRE DRAGON ROAR?) to build immersion (which I kinda get, I guess, sometimes) where a brief exchange of strategic attacks would suffice, so I understand that complaint, more or less, even if I don't empathize with it. I found my favorite fights in the series followed this formula as well while people often criticized them.

Story-wise this was a pleasant addition to Fairy Tail lore, it was cool to see drama with a neighboring country -- which we never see in-series, as the entire show takes place in Fiore -- and Eclair's character arc was surprisingly moving. I also found the standard character interactions surprisingly charming, considering I don't consider that a main series highlight.

It was quite interesting watching this coming right off the conclusion of the Tartaros arc. Maybe that might've made me appreciate it more.

Tweetie was cute and I was expecting it to end up being the phoenix. oh well.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 5, 2020 12:07 AM

Sep 2018
Lucy was even more of a useless crybaby in this movie lol, of course she couldn't see the bigger picture at the end and was vehemently against the plan to the bitter end. The animation was pretty lame for an anime film, come on.... Typical shounen plot and twists, 6/10.
Jan 6, 2021 1:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I knew this was going to come down to the typical shonen movie plot but I still didn't like it, for some reason.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 17, 2021 11:11 PM
Oct 2021
idc what anyone says about the movie seeing lucy completely butt naked made this movie a 10/10

Feb 13, 2022 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
Animation and art was great, some cool fights here and there too but the story is as generic as they come.
I feel like I've seen this story in so many different shounen series, the priestess that needs saving etc.

7/10
Jul 29, 4:20 PM

Jan 2016
Had a hard time deciding on rating. If I did see this movie before, I don't really remember it and wasn't on my list. Also I think this movie is before relevance to comments I want to make (I've seen up to finishing 2014). I went 7/10 to 6/10 when Momon died, to really thinking about, and will go with 7/10. I cried a bit, but might be my mental state more so than the movie. I was laughing at dumb stuff but then wanted to cry instead.

Things that annoyed me:
-Guild being completely taken out by 3 people
-Cringe king
-Cringe OP guy
-Council literally being given ONE JOB by her dad, and was like "nah bruv, let the Earth explode!". Didn't they literally comment about it being a threat greater than Zeref?!
-Lucy being selfish preferring world be destroyed over someone who's 400 years old dying (they gonna die either way)
-Momon dying Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q (but as we saw, all good I guess) (I really thought was gonna be like Natsu saves her by eating fire then eats pheonix because they are usually fire)

I am with Erza on that wedding dress, I'm no where close to as delusional as her, but relatable on the marriage thing. We shall be forever alone </3

They gave Gray a hard to take off top it looked like, but he still managed. Juvia lol.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [SPOILERS] Did the end scene with the Magic Council piss you off

KonichiwaKun - Jan 15, 2017

1 by Psi18c »»
Oct 16, 2020 12:05 PM

» Does this seem NaLu or what? XD

MermaidGalaxies - Nov 16, 2011

39 by Andhrimnir »»
Jul 5, 2014 4:45 AM

» 720p quality

drinkbeer - Apr 6, 2013

10 by drinkbeer »»
May 23, 2013 9:03 PM

» what arc is this in

alphastigma117 - Feb 3, 2013

3 by RX-782 »»
Feb 3, 2013 7:01 PM

» Fairy Tail the Movie has been LICENSED

haitogin - Jul 29, 2012

3 by alcorswind »»
Aug 27, 2012 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.