Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
Well, looks like a generic harem... I'll watch more 2 eps if don't see anything new I'll drop...
The text above may contain errors.
Jan 8, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
hmm the character personality is really common and so is their character design..
Jan 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
It was pretty cool how it was making fun of the cliches. Although it did feel extremely generic. I'll give this a couple if episodes and see where this goes. For now 6/10
Jan 8, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2014
Saekano, what a surprise!

i was thinking the fanservice would have killed it in some ways, but they did it in a way that it's pretty much a commentary on how people only give a shit the boobies and not actual story being presented. this is a very self-aware series, and a very good way to redeem a series with a mid amount of fanservice and cliches. and the one who makes this possible is now easily my new waifu, Utaha. Utaha is love, Utaha is life.

now i'm not extremely against fanservice, i just don't like it when its tasteless or takes away from the rest of the show(Akame Ga Kill and Junketsu no Maria). and this is the way i think fanservice should be done, when it takes it straight and doesn't self-destruct the show, instead only twists it to make it an arching exploit(Kill la Kill and Panty and Stocking did a great job with that). this could possibly be my favorite of the season, if it weren't for the rest of the show that i'm hyped up for.
Jan 8, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
Sad it´s look like a total Harem show with no good ending romance.

I got fooled to think that the blonde girl would be the Main girl for some reason...to bad..
Jan 8, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Felt like it was trying to be to ecchi, what Yahari Seishun Love Comedy was to romance. A sort of parody... but it kind of felt bland and generic which defeats its whole intended purpose.

6/10 for trying.
Jan 8, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2013
llcruz said:
I liked this, didn't think it would have fanservice though, but I don't mind at all The art is really pretty too!

Art pretty? You like 3dcgi? I hate it. It is ruining anime.
Ok characters are well drawn, but rest sucks.
Anyway, I liked it, nice special, I hope thet main series will be good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good animation in my opinion.
Jan 8, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
This wasn't what I was expecting.
The art and animation change from time to time, that art from shigatsu, then those awful 3D hands typing on the keyboard...

That fan service came out unexpected, stretching at a hot spring? That... was rather new.
And all that talk, was quite funny. Well, we'll see how it goes.
Jan 8, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
Looks good.
The 3D is meh but waiting for the first episode.
Jan 8, 2015 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
Ferax said:
-then saw that matsuoka is the main male character... ok this is bad, i dont like that

this made me drop the entire show
Jan 8, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
Considering the content, it might just be a OVA-like prequel to give a little introduction of each character in its own distorted way (a warm up!). I think A-1 had a lot of courage to include the content in the first minute, and I'm slightly happy to see they calling their own works as mediocre shit. Ironically, the director previously worked with them in some awful shows, but at the same time he was also involved in some other interesting anime, I think it won't do any bad to expect the show to be a lot better than this prequel.
Jan 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Jun 2013
We've been seeing quite a few meta shows, and harem parodies aren't exactly original here, but I'll probably stick around for the girls and the service. (namely Michiru)

Also getting a little sick of hearing this seiyuu for male MCs all the time.
Jan 8, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Forgot to mention, the amount of CGI is atrocious. Hope it doesn't follow into the main series.
Jan 8, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Well, that was interesting. MC kind of reminds me of TWGOK. I will probavly enjoy the main series, even if this parody was a bit off my liking.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 8, 2015 4:41 PM

Aug 2012
I laughed for about 5 minutes at the cg hands.

Jan 8, 2015 4:48 PM
Jan 2012
I still choose to be on Eriri's team...

Full marks from me...
Jan 8, 2015 5:05 PM

Nov 2007
After seeing this ecchi filled episode, those who are into ecchi will be disappointed with the main series. But those who are into rom-com (and drama), are in for a good ride.

I am #TeamMainHeroine.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 8, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
JivingLotus said:
We've been seeing quite a few meta shows, and harem parodies aren't exactly original here, but I'll probably stick around for the girls and the service. (namely Michiru)

Also getting a little sick of hearing this seiyuu for male MCs all the time.

it's getting quite tiring hearing it multiple times every season.

though i kinda liked it i take it the share amount of fan service was just for the sake of the ova

i dunno music girl or kato best girls so far just like her zero fucks given attitude about everything
Jan 8, 2015 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Stitches327 said:
I laughed for about 5 minutes at the cg hands.
Jan 8, 2015 5:13 PM

Apr 2013
Heh... better wait for the actual episode 1
Looking at the title of the ep, it might be safe to assume that this level of fanservice is only temporary
Not I'm complaining though, the fanservices are well done and sort of appropriate for the scenes
Jan 8, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2012
dropped at CGI hands
Jan 8, 2015 5:26 PM
Nov 2013
That was fun. I hope the series doesn't end up being boring, other than that I have no complaints so far (music girls FTW)
Jan 8, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
Heh, I thought I was the only one tht didnt like the Mc Va.

Another harem, ... the girls arent so bad. Drop
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 8, 2015 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
Meta, such a standard MC. I like the artstyle though.
I have a feeling this won't go anywhere special.
40% chance of a kiss scene by the end of the anime.
Jan 8, 2015 5:47 PM
Oct 2014
Ive read a little synopsis of the Light Novel and it really does seem different to what Ive seen in the preview so Im expecting this to be like an OVA. Main girl seems to be the quiet one, and this OVA isnt a prequel speaking of time, since this events happen some time after the beggining of the plot so Im pretty sure that we will have a decent story on how the MC meets all the girls and maybe some development on their personalities which seem kinda poor at this point.
genetickJan 8, 2015 6:03 PM
Jan 8, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2012
TFW didn't notice Matsuoka voiced MC.

Random/Pointless fanservice.

Sneak the information in as the character's dialogue...wow just like how this anime is doing the exact same thing right now so funny...yeah no.

Extremely average episode,will give the actual anime a few episodes before deciding to drop but seem like this isn't going anywhere.
Jan 8, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
the very first scene can be made into a very good gif
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 8, 2015 6:17 PM

May 2013
Looking forward with this series, hope it turns out good
Tch.
Jan 8, 2015 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
Nice prologue, it was really fun. And that girl with a big name is best girl.
Btw, i don't think the anime will have all this fanservice, this is just a parody guys , you can stop complaining now...
MotoraBRJan 8, 2015 6:33 PM
Jan 8, 2015 6:29 PM

Jun 2014
meh.

Jan 8, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
This is a very meta and modern show in today's anime. Follows the tropes seen in a bunch of other shows a little too well, but having briefly looked at the light novel, this could easily be its aim. The light novel seems to be popular enough in Japan having gotten this anime adaptation and a PS Vita game. Came for the promise shown by the author of White Album 2, will stay to see if it delivers.
Jan 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Nov 2010
That was nice. i like it.
Jan 8, 2015 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
At first I thought there couldn't be a more generic harem 1st episode than Absolute Duo. After watching this, I know how wrong I was.

And I do not buy the self-aware anime cliche jokes while the anime itself is full of cliche. It's like making a bad game but it's fine since the game itself fully aware of how bad it is.

ghosts said:
From some of the conversation in the first part, I'm hoping this was meant to be more of a self-aware jab at fanservice specials rather than an indicator of the upcoming series.

Let's hope so.
I like anime.
Jan 8, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
I enjoyed that, the opening is nice and the animation is also good! I think I'll keep watching this one ^-^
Jan 8, 2015 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't expecting to watch this, but after a series of events here I am.

The fourth walling leaning was somewhat amusing during the first conversation (it actually sounded a lot like a conversation on MAL), but quickly lost its charm. I'm not particularly into ecchi anyway, but the meta humor was very dry and not-amusing. If this was trying to appeal more globally, I don't think it worked.

Eh. What to do. Parodies (in my experience) usually start out bad/mediocre and get better later on, but seeing that I wasn't planning on watching the main series anyway, I don't know if I care to attempt playing the waiting game. I am totally apathetic from an enjoyment stance, which could make the analyzing the show (or the viewers) interesting, but I'm not certain that there will be much of anything to analyze.

I might go with the three episode rule on the main series (making four total) if I can muster the effort. I recall not liking Gurren Lagann much until episode 8, and it had 27 episodes, which is basically a third of the show. Four eps is a third of 12, which is how many eps this has if you add in this episode.

In any case, it was pretty meh.

Edit:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
And I do not buy the self-aware anime cliche jokes while the anime itself is full of cliche. It's like making a bad game but it's fine since the game itself fully aware of how bad it is.

Self-awareness is useful in a parody, but the show needs to be amusing as a result of it. The show was much too forward/blunt with the ecchi elements and meta humor. If it was more subtle about it, I think this could be genuinely amusing/enjoyable.
TripleSRankJan 8, 2015 7:58 PM
Jan 8, 2015 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
that was nice. liked the art, except those 3D hands. and the ED and OP is nice.

Michiru best girl! imo
OSOI!
Jan 8, 2015 8:56 PM

Dec 2011
Really nice OP and ED. And I seriously love the art. Only thing that bothers me is that the skirt is drawn in a way that it looks so short yet it covers the area properly... I guess with the uniform looks longer.

Also... the main heroine for this is the Background Girl A... err Kato. I wonder if she will truly develop as a heroine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
TripleSRank said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Self-awareness is useful in a parody, but the show needs to be amusing as a result of it. The show was much too forward/blunt with the ecchi elements and meta humor. If it was more subtle about it, I think this could be genuinely amusing/enjoyable.

This.
Jan 8, 2015 9:00 PM

Feb 2014
Nothing like I was expecting, sooooo much more fan service than listed ecchi shows this season (wtf?). Did enjoy it and the animation was top notch. Liked the characters.
Jan 8, 2015 9:10 PM

Mar 2013
I liked the fanservice.
Really.....really....really... liked it.
Whelp, this Yoshitsugu Matsuoka guy is everywhere all of a sudden. This is about the 3rd time I heard this guy in the past 5 anime I watched.
Jan 8, 2015 9:52 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
No harem tag trolled me. From the synopsis, I was expecting something more along the lines of Genshiken. Some people have said that this episode was only a parody and that the actual series is not like this. I hope that's true, because if it's only going to be about the girls throwing their pantsu at the MC, I'm not even going to make the episode 3.
BatoKusanagiJan 8, 2015 9:57 PM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 8, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
See, I think everyone needs to be paying attention to what Eriri said in the first few minutes. It ironically flew over the heads of most people here.
Jan 8, 2015 10:05 PM
Jan 2010
Looks like everyone also forgot that this is an Episode 0, and may not have any bearing to the anime series itself.
Jan 8, 2015 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:
See, I think everyone needs to be paying attention to what Eriri said in the first few minutes. It ironically flew over the heads of most people here.

I was paying attention. Your point?

Orix said:
Looks like everyone also forgot that this is an Episode 0, and may not have any bearing to the anime series itself.

No, I did not. And I know episode 0 means 0 importance.
I like anime.
Jan 8, 2015 11:41 PM

Jun 2013
That was a really good episode 0. :o

Fun characters, good character design, good animation minus some weird cg stuff, nice environment. I look forward to watching the main series. I like how the colors change

It's nice to hear Kayano Ai doing a serious voice.

Good OP song, Luna is always good :D Good ED song too
Jan 8, 2015 11:57 PM

May 2013
Utaha best girl. But welp, fanservice.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 9, 2015 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
So a special...before the actual show. Kinda weird but i'm loving the characters. Sayuri Yahagi and Ai Kayano are a pretty powerful duo for the girl voices. My biggest hype for this show is that the main character has Glasses, YES! YES! YES! So there really isn't much left to say about this as it's a special but it does a really good job at getting you hyped for the actual show, so in a market standpoint it gets a 10 out of 10, as a special i'll give it a 9 out of 10.
Jan 9, 2015 1:13 AM

Jun 2014
i didnt like how they animated their fingers when they were typing :/
Jan 9, 2015 1:14 AM

Jun 2012
A standard setup, could be worth watching though.

The art was pretty good, I really liked it
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.