Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2009 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Superb emotional episode ending! (But Mai Hime was better in this matters.)

Snif, snif!
I cry tears of sadness and rage for the girls.
Jun 25, 2009 4:05 AM

Jun 2009
freddyncalm said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Superb emotional episode ending! (But Mai Hime was better in this matters.)

Snif, snif!
I cry tears of sadness and rage for the girls.

If all these characters who will probably die by the end of the series don't come back.. then I will have to disagree with you.

Anyway, one hell of an episode.. now that Arika and Nina are enemies. There is no telling what will happen. I mean, wow, what an episode and what a show.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2009 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:

If all these characters who will probably die by the end of the series don't come back.. then I will have to disagree with you.

Well no one really important died yet so it is possible that they won't come back. The blond girl wasn't exactly the most important character.
Mai-Hime looked like it took a lot from power rangers in the fighting department and this one looks to have Dragonball Z explosions when they fight. How are the others gone a get out alive with such an explosion?
Dec 29, 2009 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
Hi guys
Actually I didn't the twist of events - a lots of animes go berserk like that and it gets on your nerves.
What a dull twist in the plot really. Nina's jealousy really piss me. She's going way too far.
And what's with Nagi - one moment he seeks the real princess then the next he wants her dead! Gatta know whatcha want_
this is turning sour for me
Sep 25, 2012 11:04 PM

Sep 2012
Sunrise is throwing another plot twist folks! Kind of a sugar-coated turd though, it's all nice and emotional but then afterwards you start thinking... "egh... not again..." not to mention this kind of plot was better executed in Mai-Hime. However, I did really enjoy this episode, and Nina looks really cool in her Otome robe thing. But I was hoping that Erstin's slave had killed Major Wang... shoot...
Steam ID - Infernox755
May 25, 2015 7:28 PM
Aug 2008
Nice episode. TBH this show was much more than I expected. It took me 9 years to begin it. Everytime I think of watching it it either not with me or that I think it's a bad version of Mai-Hime. I'm glad I've watched it as it's a good show. Not the best nor the most exciting (like Mai Hime). But still a nice show with a reasonable (to a good) pacing. I know Nina sounds ugly a lot of the time, but shows needs characters like this. I'm interested in the green hair girl, she's also annoying.
Jun 11, 2015 10:01 PM
Apr 2015
Mai Otome continues the tradition of Mai-HiME on fast turn of events! While not quite as dramatic as HiME it is still quite fun.
May 16, 2021 7:53 AM

Mar 2016
That was an awful episode. All the twists are absolutely dull and contrived. It did nothing but get on my nerves and nothing else. No benefit to the story or cast whatsoever, just shitty melodrama.
Aug 16, 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode. The plot (and the drama) flows much better than in Mai-Hime

More topics from this board

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Feb 5, 2009

17 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 3, 2022 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.