Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 27, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2012
Whoa, Sephiroth crying at the end was pretty emotional.

Nice episode, although I wish they showed more normal gauna fighting as well, instead of just the benisuzume...

Got some pretty epic MuvLuv level vibes from this; hopefully second season gets even better. Everyone here should go play Muvluv Alternative.
SleepingEntityJun 27, 2014 10:27 PM
Jun 28, 2014 12:18 AM
May 2014
I see a recurring pattern of every 4th episode being ridiculously packed with awesome. I had hopes for a good 1v1 but this, by far, exceeds my expectations. Nagate sure knows how to work that machine gun.

Looks like Izana's knack of following Nagate around actually ended up saving his life/the mission. A bit of mecha romancing couldn't hurt anyone either.

Nagate having to use practically every bit of his resources from Hyggs to CPP rounds, hell, even limbs, just to take down the OP Benisuzume. That rockets punch, projectile of the season.

Kunato's scene was kinda corny.+1 male for Nagate's harem, along with the genderless, clones, and aliens.

Quite an entrance Ren made there. Nice to see some reconciliation from the Honokas.

Nagate looking like a husband coming home from work there at the end.

5/5 for this episode, a bit on the fence between a 9 and 10 for the series. Eh, 9.5/10. Really glad to see some justice being done with the announcement of season 2.
Jun 28, 2014 12:37 AM

Jun 2012
na35899 said:
does the anime follow manga?

it doest show here... mayb i was wrong

all in all amazing anime master piece in its own way

10/10

In order to answer your question I have to use a spoiler block.

I say this only out of courtesy for the anime only viewers, but please use the spoiler block when discussing things that haven't happened yet in the anime.
"Put a centipede inside the ear. Go on a date to the bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled."
Jun 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Jul 2013
lol Izana's face when Tanikaze was talking with Ren XD

EPIC is the only way I can describe this anime. I normally hate mecha anime because of the jumbled up stories and the absurd use of techno-babble that really means nothing but this anime had almost none of it. It just goes straight into the action as well as providing enough character developments. So much that midway I even forgot this was a mecha anime.

Interesting story, engaging & intense battle, superb OSTs, and sound effect. If there's one thing to nitpick that would be the slightly choppy animation due to frame rate issues but that's really minor.

I am so glad they green lit the 2nd season although we have to wait a year. Objectively speaking this AOTS for me (subjectively it would be Chaika though XD)

9/10
Jun 28, 2014 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
apart from changing Kunato's character, they also changed Izana's, Nagate too not suppose to be so talkative

overall this is a well done series, the anime is easier to see too, the actions in the manga sometimes are confusing

looking forward to S2 :)
Jun 28, 2014 5:05 AM
Jul 2013
Wow! Wow & Wow! I'm glad I discovered this series and can't wait for the second season!!! I don't understand all the posts complaining about quality and frame rate, I've been watching it on a 10 year old laptop and I didn't notice shit. I think it will look stunning in BluRay!!! That's if we ever get it here in Australia.
Jun 28, 2014 8:22 AM

Oct 2009
Fantastic finale!!
Excellent use of animation and sound, really one of the best show's I've watched in a while. So happy that a second season is in the works!!

10/10 my favourite of the season!
Jun 28, 2014 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
Awesome Episode 10/10
I'm glad I picked this anime up. At first I seriously wanted to bash the show because of the CGI but just after the first episode I knew this is going to be something big.
And of course my reaction during the announcement of second season.
Jun 28, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
Soooo saddd this is over for now. I'm happy we're getting a season 2 though! It was just goosebumps for me the entire battle scene. Such a great find :)
Jun 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Hoshijiro placenta... :(
sob
Well, the real question is : what happened to her? Did she dissapeared when Nagate killed Benisuzume? If so, HOW AM I GONNA GET MORE WEIRD TENTACLE MOE? :(

Awwwn, but seriously though, that was a great action packed ending. They really outdid themself in the fighting scene between Benisuzume and Nagate. And when they were in the giant gauna, I was really about to shit myself because of how much I was stressing.

This serie was really great. Wasn't expecting much because of the CGI, but it will make me think twice before putting my bias before a show...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 28, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
minouneetzoe said:
sob
Well, the real question is : what happened to her? Did she dissapeared when Nagate killed Benisuzume? If so, HOW AM I GONNA GET MORE WEIRD TENTACLE MOE? :(

Awwwn, but seriously though, that was a great action packed ending. They really outdid themself in the fighting scene between Benisuzume and Nagate. And when they were in the giant gauna, I was really about to shit myself because of how much I was stressing.

This serie was really great. Wasn't expecting much because of the CGI, but it will make me think twice before putting my bias before a show...

Oh god, you can't believe how right the bolded text is. o.o So much intensity.
Jun 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2012
minouneetzoe said:
HOW AM I GONNA GET MORE WEIRD TENTACLE MOE?

Just wait for the second season.
Jun 28, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
minouneetzoe said:
sob

I agree with you on every point, especially on the Tentacle moe ;D
Jun 28, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
sick ending (other than Kunato)
poor izana never going to tell Nagate how she feels
Nov 23 y u so far away D:
can't wait for season 2
9/10
[/quote]
Jun 28, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
Intense final battle.

Yay, season 2 on the way.
Jun 28, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Second season? Oh, hell yeah.
Jun 28, 2014 11:08 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
Also, can someone recommend me a show that's as sci-fi and good as world building as this show?? I'll love ya forever.

I jusr remembered this is show is VERY similar to Uchuu no Stellvia, it's just Sidonia is more mature and more death is involved, and there is a lot of annoying little girs as characters in Stellvia, but in temr of sci-fi almost the same, all this piloting, humanity extinction, elite four(LOL), "kunato" character and even
Jun 29, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Anime that made ​​me discover the figure of T. Nihei.
Finally, a good product, not epic at best, certain points of the story were a little too much sometimes sweetened, such as shown by Tanikaze gooders against Kunato, excuse me, but it made me a little sick.
As for the technical part and garfica, the series has performed well, despite being made ​​entirely in CG.
Beautiful also the OST and the OP.
Plot and narrative almost optimal, because of what I said earlier.
Perhaps the question about the twins, could be handled better, oh well!
For now, my final grade is 7.5/10 ^ _ ^
Jun 29, 2014 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
Holy s**t! Seeing the ratings, this show went from being an underdog to one of best anime this season. AND NOW WE HAVE A F**KING SEASON 2!
Can't wait to see in action the Gauna hybrid.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jun 29, 2014 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
That was fantastic and INTENSE! 10/10
The gauna at the preview looks cool
Now, I'm excited for season 2!!
pew pew pew
Jun 29, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
sadfacelv said:
I jusr remembered this is show is VERY similar to Uchuu no Stellvia, it's just Sidonia is more mature and more death is involved, and there is a lot of annoying little girs as characters in Stellvia, but in temr of sci-fi almost the same, all this piloting, humanity extinction, elite four(LOL), "kunato" character and even

THANKS! :D
Jun 29, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
Kunato enters in the harem, part1.
Anyway, really loved the show so far and I will surely watch the 2nd season too because there are too many questions that remain unanswered.
Jun 29, 2014 4:41 PM
Mar 2014
Loved this anime a lot. Been a while since I've seen a mech anime and while the CGI was off putting at first, it's not that bad once you get through the first 1-2 episodes. Can't wait for season 2!
Jun 29, 2014 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Too bad placenta Hoshijiro died though, and too bad we won't see Nagate's reaction when he finds out.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 29, 2014 10:09 PM

May 2009
Nagate is so badass. Awesome anime sad that Kunato didn't die but with the second season comes a second opportunity for him to die.
Jun 30, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2010
Glad to see the rankings are raising :D

8.11 isn't bad compared to where it was. I still think it deserves more and the manga is really underrated :(
Jun 30, 2014 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
Went to make an account here but turns out I made one 5 years ago... :S

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the series and can't what for it to continue; loved the cliff hanger at the end. But what I don't get is that if hoshijiro at EBD died when the MC killed frame 702 then where are all the bubbles? The room would just be full of bubbles, wouldn't it?

I also felt the CG improved over time, or maybe I became more used to it?
TrickayJun 30, 2014 1:28 PM
Jun 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
GhostCell said:
Nagate is so badass. Awesome anime sad that Kunato didn't die but with the second season comes a second opportunity for him to die.

I hope that, for once, they show all the gore that needs to be shown when that happens.
Jun 30, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
Trickay said:
But what I don't get is that if hoshijiro at EBD died when the MC killed frame 702 then where are all the bubbles? The room would just be full of bubbles, wouldn't it?

That's why Gaunajiro didn't die:

Numi said:
I don't know if you're aware of this, but placenta that has been separated from a Gauna before its true body is destroyed continues living by itself.

Furthermore, Gaunajiro is the placenta from G491. She has no relationship with the G490.
Jun 30, 2014 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
Onuma said:
Furthermore, Gaunajiro is the placenta from G491. She has no relationship with the G490.

Oh yeah, thanks for clearing that up :)
I guess she must have escaped then?

At least we don't have to wait long to find out.
Jun 30, 2014 8:07 PM
May 2010
Really happy to know there is a second season. One of the best anime this season.
Jun 30, 2014 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
Such great worldbuilding in this.

Glad I gave this a try and glad this is getting a second season too.

Time to read the manga.

Solid 7.5/10.
Jul 1, 2014 6:11 AM
Jun 2014
Hi guys, writting from Japan.
Sorry with my pore english.

Since I went to the movie premiere, let me write about the added scene's for the Directors Cut version for EP12. The DC version was 8minutes longer than the TV version.

Besides waching the whole show on a movie screen,
there was a lot of talk with the seiyuu cast, and I had a great time.
Int the end, everyone in the theater did Shoi, and we all took a picture (don't know what it's gonna be used for).
The seiyu are in the front row.
Jul 1, 2014 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
ouji3 said:

Since I went to the movie premiere, let me write about the added scene's for the Directors Cut version for EP12. The DC version was 8minutes longer than the TV version.

Int the end, everyone in the theater did Shoi, and we all took a picture (don't know what it's gonna be used for).

Your English isn't that bad. I've seen far worse from native English speakers on MAL.

Holy crap, that is a lot of people there.
Jul 1, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
ex_necross said:
Which is a VERY good sign :)
Jul 1, 2014 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
Another anime that was a complete underdog and caught me by surprise! Will definitely watch season 2

Also, anybody notice that this spring season of anime with the worst overall animation had the best presentation for the plot? Haha
Jul 1, 2014 8:10 AM
Jun 2014
ex_necross said:
Your English isn't that bad. I've seen far worse from native English speakers on MAL.

Thank's ex_necross :)

All 600 tickets were sold out in less then 3 miutes.
The director also mentioned that they were able to make the DC version and season2 because sales were doing pretty good.
So I hope we can all keep up the support.
Jul 1, 2014 9:08 AM

Jun 2012
ouji3 said:

Thank you for this info. I had figured they would do the Kunato stuff immediately in the second season. I had no idea nor would I have ever thought they would use the DC to all of this. I'm starting to love these guys.
"Put a centipede inside the ear. Go on a date to the bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled."
Jul 1, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:

Hey, it's better than FGAU spelling by miles ;)

ALSO THAT SEIYUU PICTURE D'AWWWWWWWW <3 cute cute cute. I'm so glad there's a lot of people in that crowd. It means there's fans~
Jul 1, 2014 11:52 PM
Aug 2012
ouji3 said:

I think watching this cgi anime on big screen is awesome. I'm glad the room is full, this anime deserves a big fanbase and I am already talking about it to my friends:)
Jul 2, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
ouji3 said:

so, about the DC version. will it be included in the BD or something?
Jul 2, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
That was a really explosive and awesome final battle. Even though I still can't let what Kunato did slide, that moment with Nagate was still heartwarming along with the one with Ren (holy crap 5 years old???). Looking forward to a second season, man oh ma that teaser at the end.

Overall this is a very solid and thoroughly enjoyable sci-fi series. I'm not a big fan of heavy CGI in anime but I was mesmerized by it in this and felt it captured the atmosphere and space setting very well. There are many comments and questions I have but I'll wait for season 2 as I'm sure that will answer most if not all of them. This was a refreshing change of pace. 8/10
Jul 2, 2014 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
Best 12th episode ive ever seen.

Also why do stupid people type out the shit that happened in the discussion forum. We all watched the show.
Jul 3, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2014
Glad I gave this series a shot despite its CG, which looked surprisingly good, aside from a bunch of really choppy scenes during earlier episodes, that is.
Definitely helped that only the characters and monsters were CG and not the backgrounds, too.

The story was really atmospheric and the action looked great.
Especially that final battle was awesome. Wondering if the placental Hoshijiro dissolved when Benisuzume died or she just escaped. Considering that there apparently was no damage to her cell, let alone an alert, it's porbably the former, though.
Now I'm looking forward to the second season. Glad it will happen.
Jul 3, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Holy mother of God! That Space Fight was epic as hell!!!

Followed this show from week 1 onward, and ended up influencing a dozen buddies to get into this show with me XD

The desolation of space, the horror of the Gauna, hopelessness of the citizens and pilots of Sidonia, and all the gore and death! Story was perfect in oh so many ways. I really have nothing to complain about, bar probably the Kunato sob scene, not because I hate his guts, but because that silly speech was so out of character for Tanikaze, who hardly ever speaks his mind like that....... like ever..... Even the inexplicably weird tears of the antagonist could not take away how good this show was.

The scene editing needs some work though. Seriously, what the heck was up with Ren just popping down from nowhere? Actually, what the heck was up with that entire scene anyway? One minute Mr. K is sobbing silently, next second Ren just pops down and scares the shit out of Izuna and Nagate and introduces herself, no explanation at all about what they were doing. (Actually, can someone help me make a gif of that scene? I want Ren's caption when she stands up to be "I'm batman" XD)

This was one of only three Animes that got me interested in picking up their LN/Manga this season. Glad for a second season, though I'll probably read the hell out of the story before it comes out. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 3, 2014 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Just epic, I'm glad I saved it to marathon at the end of the season--I don't think I could have taken the week between episodes. Looking forward to season 2, which I guess will be winter 2015.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 3, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
rodac said:
Just epic, I'm glad I saved it to marathon at the end of the season--I don't think I could have taken the week between episodes. Looking forward to season 2, which I guess will be winter 2015.

i think its this fall.
Jul 3, 2014 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
The Dwarf Planet Gauna was destroyed. Nagate saves the day.
Pretty good ending.
Jul 3, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
SolviteSekai said:
i think its this fall.

Oh why?
Jul 3, 2014 10:19 PM
Jun 2014
SolviteSekai said:
i think its this fall.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this,
but season2 will probabally start in January 2015.

The advanced movie screening of ep1,2 will take place in November 2014,
so the odds are it will start next year.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

267 by Creepyy »»
Oct 19, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2014

304 by setarcos »»
Jun 9, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.