Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2014 3:15 AM
Jul 2012
1) Does this anime have any gore to be rated R? or is it just bad language?

2) I heard this anime trolled peopled. Does the anime continue to troll to the very end?

3) Is the ending an ending or a cliffhanger?

You can answer 2 and 3 appropriately once you have seen the ending. As of now, take a guess. I don't know if the ending is released yet, but it will be very soon.
Mar 28, 2014 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
1) There's no gore (from memory?), however there is some shock/unexpected violence in a few episodes, but nothing too bad. Episode 10 is probably the only episode that I would say had any level of "gore", but yeah, it was only a few seconds.

2) The story is somewhat 'normal' for the first 7 episodes, then it kind of goes insane until around episode 19.

3)
Mar 28, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2012
1. No.
2. No, everything explains itself. Definitely not what you expect though.
3. Normal ending. Nothing like Hamatora. LOL Pretty much what BW42 said.
Mar 28, 2014 7:28 AM
Aug 2013
1. A little bit of gore, if you can call it that.
2. The anime fucks with you in every way possible, but it never thinks that you are an idiot. And if you are one, then you'll think that this show is stupid (spoilers: it's not)
3. Happy End
Mar 28, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
1) a bit of gore,

2) No, I don't think so. They explain everything (not always directly), whether you think the explanation was satisfactory is up to you.
3) no.
SleepyBearMar 28, 2014 3:09 PM
Mar 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
My best advice for this show is to NOT take the plot ITSELF seriously, but rather what the plot itself is trying to say about Heroes/heroism. This is because the plot will jump around a lot, and people who focused too much on that became annoyed and lost sight of what the writers seemed to want to get across to the audience.
Mar 28, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
My best advice for this show is to NOT take the plot ITSELF seriously, but rather what the plot itself is trying to say about Heroes/heroism. This is because the plot will jump around a lot, and people who focused too much on that became annoyed and lost sight of what the writers seemed to want to get across to the audience.

*thumbs up*
Mar 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Just watch the show
There's really nothing more then can be said
This kind of show requires you to go in blind in order to truly have an affect on you.
Just sit DOWN
and enjoy the ride
Mar 28, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
jimjameswhatever said:
QFT. So much.
Mar 29, 2014 12:02 AM
Oct 2013
jimjameswhatever said:

Wait. The writers wanted to get across something to the audience? I thought the show is supposedly comedy. There's no message to begin with, well at least before episode 7.

And no, people never focused too much to begin with. It's not a serious or dark anime to begin with a heavy-driven plot. It's just WAAAAYY goes over your expectations or imagination that people started getting "annoyed".
Mar 29, 2014 12:31 AM

Feb 2012
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Wait. The writers wanted to get across something to the audience? I thought the show is supposedly comedy. There's no message to begin with, well at least before episode 7.

And no, people never focused too much to begin with. It's not a serious or dark anime to begin with a heavy-driven plot. It's just WAAAAYY goes over your expectations or imagination that people started getting "annoyed".

It seems like you let the randomness of the plot cloud your judgment. I just took it for what it was and tried to be open minded about the show and while I wouldn't have executed it same way myself, I can see what the writers were trying to tell me between the lines.
It wasn't even deep stuff, it was pretty basic if you just tried. Sorry it was beyond your comprehension lulz
Mar 29, 2014 8:22 AM
Oct 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:

It seems like you let the randomness of the plot cloud your judgment. I just took it for what it was and tried to be open minded about the show and while I wouldn't have executed it same way myself, I can see what the writers were trying to tell me between the lines.
It wasn't even deep stuff, it was pretty basic if you just tried. Sorry it was beyond your comprehension lulz

I'm SO SORRY for it to be beyond my comprehension LULZ. Would you mind explaining to this STUPIDLY LOWLY SHITTY PLANARIA OH HUMBLEST OF ALL THEE about WHAT is this PRETTY BASIC STUFF the "writer's want to tell you between the lines"? Morse code? Alien hash tags? Cryptos? LULZ

It's comedy. Period. You said it yourself. Don't take it seriously yet you're contradicting yourself by oversensualizing that there's a "message" from the anime. Sorry this was behind your comprehension lulz
ExplodingGirlMar 29, 2014 8:30 AM
Mar 29, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2011
I dropped this after the gorilla incident.What happened after that? Was it a dream?
Mar 29, 2014 8:39 AM
Oct 2013
raist92 said:
I dropped this after the gorilla incident.What happened after that? Was it a dream?

Nope. Everything was real in this anime's universe. It you dropped it after the gorilla incident, then you probably wouldn't have survived the rest. But it was at least a funny, entertaining show.
Mar 29, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2013
jimjameswhatever said:

I get what you're trying to say. Yes, this anime did gives some 'messages'. Glad there is someone else that take this anime 'messageseriously' besides me.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Mar 29, 2014 10:05 AM
Aug 2013
raist92 said:
You don't deserve the rest then, go back to watching Gintama
Mar 29, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
I kinda wanna watch this too, but I saw a different thread about some guy named Goudou's girlfriend, and how they didn't know who she was. Now that the show is over, is his girlfriend dead or do they reveal her?
Mar 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
Reverb_Shock said:
I kinda wanna watch this too, but I saw a different thread about some guy named Goudou's girlfriend, and how they didn't know who she was. Now that the show is over, is his girlfriend dead or do they reveal her?

Without spoiling, let's just say that we met his gf very early on.
Mar 29, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
Now that this anime has ended, I'd like to know how a normal teenager could teleport ._. (Retardness superpower?)
Mar 29, 2014 11:22 AM

Feb 2012
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:

I'm SO SORRY for it to be beyond my comprehension LULZ. Would you mind explaining to this STUPIDLY LOWLY SHITTY PLANARIA OH HUMBLEST OF ALL THEE about WHAT is this PRETTY BASIC STUFF the "writer's want to tell you between the lines"? Morse code? Alien hash tags? Cryptos? LULZ

It's comedy. Period. You said it yourself. Don't take it seriously yet you're contradicting yourself by oversensualizing that there's a "message" from the anime. Sorry this was behind your comprehension lulz

damn, flipped the wrong switch >_<
so according to you, comedy can't have messages? Messages don't have to be hard to understand. There's nothing to oversensualize (btw that's not even a word), the show is about heroes: What they can be like, what they are portrayed as, how people see heroes, etc. etc. Those are the messages in the show, you daft fool (redundant, I know, I just wanted to insult you :P)
Mar 29, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
ALOT of plot twist which you would somewhat enjoy if you dont take the show too seriously :v
Mar 29, 2014 11:39 AM
Oct 2011
^
a lot of shitty plot-twists

fixed that for you.

Don't waste your time. Watch it only if you want something to laugh at while you're drunk.
Mar 29, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Candor said:
^
a lot of shitty posters in this thread

fixed that for you, don't waste your time reading people's comments.
Mar 29, 2014 1:06 PM
Jul 2012
Enigmatica said:
Candor said:
^
a lot of shitty posters in this thread

fixed that for you, don't waste your time reading people's comments.
Easy, if I start feeling like the show's a drag, I drop it and read Wikipedia.
Mar 29, 2014 6:33 PM
Oct 2013
jimjameswhatever said:

so according to you, comedy can't have messages? Messages don't have to be hard to understand. There's nothing to oversensualize (btw that's not even a word), the show is about heroes: What they can be like, what they are portrayed as, how people see heroes, etc. etc. Those are the messages in the show, you daft fool (redundant, I know, I just wanted to insult you :P)

Nope. Comedy can sure have "messages". It's just that when you take the "messages seriously" as you do, then something is going wrong.

Oversensualizing isn't an official word. Fact. But you do get the "message", do you?

Nah. It's better to be a daft fool than a genius smartass who insult people firsthand if something went against your godly speech.
Mar 29, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2011
bigzzcobzz said:
Now that this anime has ended, I'd like to know how a normal teenager could teleport ._. (Retardness superpower?)

Thank you for bringing up an excellent point

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Just one of many things that was never explained.
Mar 29, 2014 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
mbdsquad said:
raist92 said:

Nope. Everything was real in this anime's universe. It you dropped it after the gorilla incident, then you probably wouldn't have survived the rest. But it was at least a funny, entertaining show.

Well, I just finished it.It seems i had mistaken the genre of this anime. It wasn't as bad as i thought.But it wasn't that funny either.5/10 for randomness.
Mar 30, 2014 3:11 AM

Feb 2012
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Nope. Comedy can sure have "messages". It's just that when you take the "messages seriously" as you do, then something is going wrong.

Oversensualizing isn't an official word. Fact. But you do get the "message", do you?

Nah. It's better to be a daft fool than a genius smartass who insult people firsthand if something went against your godly speech.

I never demanded you to take anything seriously. I watch most anime pretty passively but still make some objective observations. In this case: this show has messages. The End. whether or not YOU take it seriously is up to you. Sorry for making you upset over nothing lol
Mar 30, 2014 7:34 AM
Oct 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
mbdsquad said:
jimjameswhatever said:

I never demanded you to take anything seriously. I watch most anime pretty passively but still make some objective observations. In this case: this show has messages. The End. whether or not YOU take it seriously is up to you. Sorry for making you upset over nothing lol

You sure do love contradicting yourself, don't you? And you can't end without your sarcastic insulting finishing moves either? Maybe it's not your final form either?
Apr 25, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2009
mbdsquad said:

You realize you're being close-minded, right?

Part of the reason why some types of comedy (such as the type found in Flamenco) are funny is because there's a hint of truth or reality to them.

I hate to be the guy who argues using other people's quotes, but I'm gonna do just that this time. Yes, I totally just googled "comedy quotes" so I can sling these at you.

----

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." -Peter Ustinov

"Comedy just pokes at problems, rarely confronts them squarely. Drama is like a plate of meat and potatoes, comedy is rather the dessert, a bit like meringue." -Woody Allen

"As the purpose of comedy is to correct the vices of men, I see no reason why anyone should be exempt." -Moliere

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.