Forum Settings
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
another good chapter. it makes me excited about the 3rd season assuming it doesn't divert and takes it this far.
Mar 26, 2009 8:38 PM

Mar 2008
It was a good chapter but not much text...

I wonder why Nodame doesn't want to see Chiaki...
Mar 27, 2009 6:05 AM

May 2007
Ouch...the feeling of rejection. Now that Nodame is inevitably going to get popular, I wonder what this is going to do to their relationship. It's pretty apparent that now Nodame can handle things herself, so her reliance upon Chiaki should diminish to some extent. It'll be interesting to see how Chiaki handles things next chapter. Can't wait.
Mar 27, 2009 7:51 AM

Aug 2007
It was shore a hard chapter! And the rejection.... I don't like the way things are going .. ;(
Mar 27, 2009 8:37 AM

Oct 2007
great to see Nodame kick ass XD

but why didn't she want to see Chiaki 0__0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2009 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
vindemon64 said:
Ouch...the feeling of rejection. Now that Nodame is inevitably going to get popular, I wonder what this is going to do to their relationship. It's pretty apparent that now Nodame can handle things herself, so her reliance upon Chiaki should diminish to some extent. It'll be interesting to see how Chiaki handles things next chapter. Can't wait.

Oh I get it now! maybe she doesn't want to see chiaki because that would make it seem like she's relying on him and doing it for him, but really she's doing it for herself. She wants to become more independant and professional too because all those reporters are out there....

And definately a bit too much orchestra drawings and not enough storyline, but at least we got to see nodame made an amazing performance.
Mar 29, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
vindemon64 said:

That's a great way to put it! Even though I think Chiaki deserved that kind of treatment, I'm sad that their relationship isn't working out at the moment ;__; Ugh, now have to wait for a whole month instead of two weeks for a new chapter >_<

Mar 29, 2009 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
Maybe, Chiaki will finally realise how important Nodame is to him. I'd like to see how this pans out. Can't wait until the next chapter!
Mar 30, 2009 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with a lot of yous. The chapter WAS harsh. The AWESOME performance from Nodame, the harsh rejection, the awesome of it all. Maybe Chikai will realize that she means more to him than he thinks. Hopefully he isnt a retard and thinks that she is doing this for him, and not for herself.
Apr 2, 2009 5:35 AM

Sep 2007
I also hope that Chiaki will realize how much Nodame means to him... I'm glad that Nodame is doing this for herself but still I was sad that she didn't want to see him :(
Hopefully things will get better between them soon!!
Apr 2, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
YES! You go girl! About freaking time you let him have it! Chiaki has totally taken Nodame for granted til now. He got a little taste of what it might be like to lose her when she got back from her parlor performance and it seemed other guys wanted to be with her, but he always knew Nodame only wanted him.

But now, Nodame refuses to see him just as her career is about to take off. This might finally wake him up and make him start realizing he needs to treat her better and LOVE her unconditionally.

This was a great chapter. I want more!!!!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Apr 2, 2009 2:16 PM

May 2007
To all those asking why Nodame doesnt wanna see him - have you forgotten that she proposed to him and Chiaki thought she was just joking around? :/ I think she's still hurt from that.

Anyway, this chapter was great. It's good to see Nodame succeed by herself. Chiaki actually deserves this kind of treatment from her. It would make him realize how much she means to him~ You go Nodame <3

Apr 4, 2009 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't forget. I read that chapter so many times wanting to punch Chiaki in the face! I mean she was so cute, too, when she proposed! He's such an idiot. I hope he sees that.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Apr 6, 2009 6:31 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
NoyaChan said:
To all those asking why Nodame doesnt wanna see him - have you forgotten that she proposed to him and Chiaki thought she was just joking around? :/ I think she's still hurt from that.

Anyway, this chapter was great. It's good to see Nodame succeed by herself. Chiaki actually deserves this kind of treatment from her. It would make him realize how much she means to him~ You go Nodame <3
you stole the word out of my mouth!

i just spent the last 5 days marathoning both anime seasons and reading allll chapters of Nodame Cantabile. wooo!!!!!! this is one of the best series i've come across. can't wait for the next chapter! :D
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 11, 2010 12:59 PM

Feb 2009
Rejected?! He deserved anything that comes to him. He should have stay and make sure if she was serious or not instead of trying to convinced himself that she was kidding.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 21 Discussion

loghneckbeard - Apr 20, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 11 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 10 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 7 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 12, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 2 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 10, 2011

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 7, 2023 1:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.