Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2007 8:58 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love this episode. Jiguro's background was very interesting to watch. And i just loved Tanda's little proposal. He just rocked this episode. Especially when he brought back Chagum. I can't wait to see the next episode.
Sep 20, 2007 12:10 AM

Apr 2007
Another nice episode showing Jiguro's reasonless fights to protect Balsa. And I gotta agree with faust, I love Tanda's little proposal xD he finally has the guts to say it out loud.
Seems like things are moving pretty fast from now on.

Looking forward for next episode
Sep 20, 2007 12:13 AM

Mar 2007
I agree about the episode, it was good to see Jiguro and Balsa's past. I also agree that Tanda was cool in the episode, it was cool how he brought back Chagum.
Sep 20, 2007 8:42 AM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:

I love this episode. Jiguro's background was very interesting to watch. And i just loved Tanda's little proposal. He just rocked this episode. Especially when he brought back Chagum. I can't wait to see the next episode.

^^

i'd love to see Balsa and Tanda finally together
Sep 20, 2007 11:51 AM

Aug 2007
Jiguro's story was simply amazing and misterious. Tanda stood very well in this episode with the proposal (kinda) and with Chagum's "problem". I actually think La Lunga was the responsable of Chagum "teleportation" to Nayug.
Sep 22, 2007 5:13 PM

Oct 2006
Truly great episode. The battle was awesome. Just as good or perhaps even better than the one on episode 3. Jiguro's and Balsa's background story was great to watch. And finally Chagum starts to learn martial arts. I hope his growth isn't exaggerated though. He seems to have a rather cool outfit in the next episode btw O.O . Looking forward to that.
Tanda's proposal was definitely another plus in this episode. Great show.
Nov 23, 2007 10:50 PM

Jun 2007
I loved how Tanda said that he'd be her "cure." Brilliant line.
Feb 6, 2008 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
Brilliat, nothing more to add to the comments but that it was brilliant.
Aug 26, 2008 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
Things seem to get interesting again ^_^ A good story, always wondered about how she came to be

Nov 15, 2008 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
Does anyone know the very short insert song during this episode ? Fly fly nahji... ?

Beautiful music it is. And I love the ending theme too.
The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Nov 15, 2008 6:15 PM

Sep 2007
Episode 25 has the full version playing and I think the OST has the song too. It's called Nahji no Uta, a really awesome song <3
Nov 16, 2008 4:22 AM

Nov 2008
Thank you very much! I got it downloaded now. Truly beautiful song... :)
The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Dec 20, 2008 4:56 AM

Apr 2008
wow, amazing episode, Jiguro is the man!!
Tanda & Balsa were great too, especially tanda when he brought chagum back :D
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jan 15, 2009 12:56 AM

Jul 2008
Dope episode, especially Jiguro and Tanda.
Jun 8, 2009 1:58 PM

Jul 2008
Loved this episode. And the song that was added halfway through. Chagum's scream when he fell into the other world scared me though. xD
Jun 22, 2009 4:48 AM

Nov 2007
Ahhh so that's how Jiguro met his end, glad it was just natural, I felt that if he died in a glory fight while protecting a foolish Balsa who tried to help would have been a foolish and cliche move so glad they didn't. Overall great episode the pace is certainly picking up.
Sep 25, 2009 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
Fantastic episode! I agree that Tanda was super awesome with his proposal of sorts and his rescue of Chagum. Hope Balsa survives so she and Tanda can finally be together. ^^ Also, I was happy to actually hear the song about the Nahji that was referred to in a previous episode.
Dec 17, 2009 11:53 AM

May 2009
The battle at the beginning of the episode was really awesome. I felt a little sad when Jiguro was lying ill in bed. He's a good character.
Other highlights were Tanda's "proposal" and Balsa teaching Chagum martial arts.
Mar 30, 2010 2:14 AM

Sep 2008
Clairseana - this was the first time we've heard so much of the song, but it's not the first time they've sung it... the very first episode has children singing the chorus as Balsa approaches Shin-Yogo.

Loved the episode - Balsa hugging Chagum and Tanda teasing Torogai about it. XD You mean she doesn't look angry 24/7??? Chagum is once again holding his head high. ^_^ I think he and Balsa are both enjoying the training sessions.

Yikes over the "visit" to Nayug though. Poor Balsa didn't have a clue what to do, but at least Tanda was there to help.

Oh and way to go Tanda!!! You finally let her know you care. ^_^ But you seem to be forgetting something very important... Chagum is still the prince and when this is all over it's not likely that he'll be able to continue living as a commoner. His sense of duty won't allow it.

Now if only Balsa will come to her senses and accept. Tanda certainly can be the cure. ;)

It's nice to see the pace increasing, but I don't want it to end!
Jun 11, 2010 12:26 AM
Feb 2008
I didn't expect Jiguro to go out like that. The guy was really that skilled I guess. I was sure that he had fallen in battle. Kinda bittersweet that he died under more "peaceful" conditions (well in comparison to be ran through. Dying from illness surrounded by loved ones isn't so bad)

Still though the opening battle was probably the best in terms of animation and choreography

Tanda X Balsa moment was kinda sweet. Well bittersweet. Tanda confessed but Balsa doesn't reciprocate but she has a point it is kinda a bad time..though she'd probably find some excuse even if it was a nice summer day methinks.

Chagum's little episode was interesting..don't think we've seen the other world in a while.
Jul 6, 2010 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
"W-What? Mind your own Business" wouldn't have thought tsundere Torogai can be so moe
Jul 6, 2010 11:59 PM

May 2008
Lessons Learned From Anime

#47: If someone is sleeping, sorry, they're actually awake and intently listening to everything you're saying. If you're telling secrets, first make sure you are more than 100 yards away from a sleeping person.
Aug 3, 2010 6:37 AM

Jun 2009
Best battle there is in this anime, Jiguro v.s 6 of the spears.

Jiguro passing down his legacy to Balsa and later a little to Chagum
Torogai's emotion after seeing Balsa and Chagum haha
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 4, 2010 9:36 PM

May 2010
"That you are"

What!? Balsa really is related to Kenshin!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 5, 2010 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
And another fantastic episode. Loved seeing Balsa's past, seeing Jiguro, and seeing the end to that "story"... I actually preferred Jiguro to go out like that - kind of peacefully, not being assassinated by anyone or ever bested in battle.

I like Tanda... so I liked all his moments in this episode. x': I'm still hoping for [more] Tanda x Balsa. I wonder why Chagum so randomly almost got pulled into Nayug, though? Something to do with the egg being ready? Hope Torogai comes back in time.
Nov 5, 2010 2:09 AM

Oct 2010
Oh, just what is it not to love from this episode?

Most of the time my heart was welling up with warmth, and that nahji song was put in way too perfect of a place.
I love the way Balsa was telling her story, I love how realistic those characters react.
I love Balsa's subtle rejection of eye contact after the proposal
I love that sweetest hug ever
The battle with the spears, the Nayug scare
Torogai's face, the winter itself.... oh boy. And I thought I was done with anime... ha.
Jan 7, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
Simply amazing! The fight was spectacular! Nahji insert song was very beautiful and i am glad Tanda finally proposed XD, thank god it wasn't cheesy ♥
Tanda's the MAN!
Feb 21, 2011 7:29 AM

Apr 2009
potatotato said:
I loved how Tanda said that he'd be her "cure." Brilliant line.

Teared up at that a little bit. His smile was so sad. WHAT IS GOING ON. I've never been a fan of mushyness D: But I guess I just like Tanda so much. And the idea of Tanda and Balsa together.

I was so relieved that Jiguro didn't die in that fight, saving Balsa. It would be somewhat cliche and predictable.

Nahji no uta was very pretty, and a great addition to the episode.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 16, 2011 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
All hail Jiguro!!! And thank God Tanda finally proposed...

Give Gakai more stimulants, stat! :D

Shuga said:
I never could have imagined that such clear blue skies would instill my heart with such terror and worry.

Shuga's ironic closing line for the episode sent shivers down my spine as I've felt the urgency and desperation of their plight. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 9, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was great. The proposal, Chagum's training, and TANDA.

Let's not forget Nahji no Uta. That track is brilliant.
Aug 18, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 2011
The proposal!! :D (Wait did she reject him or leave him hanging? o.o)

Flashback was great.

Edit: 2016 watch.
OHMYGAWD TANDA. HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THIS SCENE. YOU HAD LIKE 20 YEARS WITH HER, WHY PROPOSE NOW OF ALL TIMES. -facepalm-

Ah, I hope they do get together in the future though, they suit each other and have known one another for a long time... My OTP.

Pirating_Ninja said:
I really thought Jiguro died in battle . . . Kind of anti-climactic to have him die to a disease.

Happens to all the great characters. Because no other being except fate can defeat them. :D
MirorinJan 23, 2016 8:03 PM
Sep 18, 2012 4:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Best bit was Torougai actually being a total tsundere...LOL

Bad timing Tanda. I don't think Balsa is really into him though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 18, 2012 11:01 PM

Nov 2011
It's training time! Also, nice OST at the end there.
Jun 27, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
ashura said:
Faust721 said:

^^

i'd love to see Balsa and Tanda finally together

Me too!! ^^
Jun 29, 2013 5:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I cried at the scene with Jiguro at his death bed ;_; especially how before, he told Balsa that he grew fond of her and their life together. So touching. The part where Balsa hugged Chagum was really sad yet heartwarming as well, when he said that he wanted to learn to fight on the Rarunga, or make sure that the egg hatches before he dies. I will never get tired of saying how great of a kid Chagum is.

Tanda's proposal was definitely bad timing, despite his sincerity. As nice as it would for them to be together, Balsa just doesn't seem like the type, at least for the moment, to be liking anyone romantically. But anyways, great job Tanda at getting Chagum back from Nayug.
Feb 16, 2014 5:39 AM

Nov 2009
I really thought Jiguro died in battle . . . Kind of anti-climactic to have him die to a disease.

Poor Tanda, got rejected! Oh well, I guess he probably saw it coming.
Mar 16, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
this anime continues to amaze~
Jiguro is a boss
Poor Tanda

Aug 17, 2014 5:28 AM

Sep 2012
Mirorin said:
The proposal!! :D (Wait did she reject him or leave him hanging? o.o)

Flashback was great.

Leave Him Hanging!!!
she say'd she can't think about this stuff right new, it was bad timing, but she did not say NO
Dec 8, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2014
Wow what amazing series, that Nahji no Uta song was so beautiful and emotional it fits the anime perfectly, also i feel sorry for tanda i hope balsa doesn't reject his offer he's so perfect for her and i hope they have a happy ending :)

This anime is so well written, the characters are well developed and they feel human, the world is also well developed and you can feel a lot of effort was spent in its creation, it was never cliche, this anime never ceases to amaze me
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Jan 16, 2015 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Another great episode. He didn't go out defeating the remaining 6.
Feb 15, 2015 1:00 PM
Aug 2014
Spring is coming. Balsa's reason for being a bodyguard and Jiguro's demise were as I had imagined them from early on in the series, but when a story is told so well it doesn't need plot-twists.
Feb 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
R.I.P. Jiguro :( Damn illness.
So we get to know who were the 8 souls Balsa had supposedly taken.
That Chagum's resolution
Tanda has feelings for Balsa.
Chagum is being drawn by Nayug. Interesting episode.
Feb 21, 2015 10:41 PM

Nov 2013
What an intense and good fighting scene, if only they making more like this in this series.

Poor Tanda being rejected ;_;

The best episode so far.
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Mar 18, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2013
That fight scene at the beginning was intense. It's sad that Jiguro had to kill all his friends just to protect Balsa.

Now we know that those eight souls were not actually people that Balsa killed but rather Jiguro's eight friends.

I respect Chagum for wanting to learn how to fight. I hope we get to see him in action though I doubt it.

Tanda wants Balsa's booty and Balsa is not having any of it.

I have a feeling something big is about to happen at the palace.

Great episode. I probably would have liked this episode more if the second half didn't pale in comparison to the epic first half.

8.5/10

May 12, 2015 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
The fight really felt like battle to death with the stone throwing and the stumbling, it wasn't a pretty fight.

Balsa hugging Chagum really warmth my heart.

Tanda's "cure" line was brilliant and I liked that they really made it look like Balsa didn't know what to say. I wouldn't be surprised if Balsa never thought about what she would do after she had saved enough lives. Besides I think that she is to worried about Chagum at the moment to think that far in the future. Also "the three of us living together"? Shouldn't Chagum just go back to the palace if he doesn't get torn to shreds?

I like the way they helped Chagum. First the hunting bit so he could accept the concept of death a bit more. And after that a story about a man who basically sacrificed his own life for one girl (a girl who didn't give up) while he didn't have any complex reason do to it. Btw I was looking forward to learning more about Jiguro and I'm glad they actually let Balsa tell his story instead of just showing a random flashback.
Sep 28, 2015 12:44 AM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:

Poor Tanda, got rejected! Oh well, I guess he probably saw it coming.

It's always a disease though xD
Jan 2, 2016 4:13 PM
Jun 2013
well we're pushing towards the climax. I hope it all turns out well. It's nice to see the star readers admit to their complacency and mistakes.

I really want to see Balsa settle down with Tanda by the end of everything; they're good for each other.
Jan 23, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
man, my heart melted during Tanda's proposal. HGGGG~
I hope that guy didn't get friendzoned.

Ultra awesome soundtrack during Chagum's training!
Nov 27, 2016 1:09 PM
May 2012
Yeah, let's give Tanda some love. He has done so much, really. Dude is awesome.
And I'm glad Balsa didn't have feelings for Jiguro. I would have shat myself again if that was the case. It would have been nice if Chagum asked like 9 episodes ago.
Nice insert song~
Nov 30, 2016 1:00 PM
Aug 2012
just 3 of them, great story of Jiguro filled the atmosphere of this episode with wide rage of precious and true emotions towards all of the characters who appeared within those minutes of this episode...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.