Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ayase cooking with her friends in Econ class?! She's opening up now huh..

Looks like Aina is taking some responsibilities. I just hope she knows what the hell she is doing cause there's no turning back.
Feb 6, 2014 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
I wonder if Aina is going to be the final enemy.
From the preview, next episode seems to be about Chitose background story.

It seems no new episode next week because 2014 Winter Olympics. Episode 6 is scheduled to be aired on February 20, 2014.
melina_putriFeb 11, 2014 9:16 PM
Feb 6, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2013
Poor Aina. Now it seems like she is going to take revenge on the Z/X for killing her parents.
Feb 6, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
Well, I guess we got an antagonist.
Feb 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2012
Aina was a tough girl she watched her parents become food n was able to go on, then broke really really easily
Feb 6, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Feb 6, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
diabolus looks more evil then the dark z/x siegar is apart of o.o
Feb 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2008
Dumb ass! This is going nowhere. Dropped...

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 6, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
This is definitely turning into an infinite stratus type show, focuses more on the harem than the actual story and action, but ill hold on to it, I think its worth it
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Feb 6, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
Asfaria said:
Aina is really easy to manipulate and kind of a hypocrite. In the end, she just ends up giving in to an evil Z/X even after all that stuff she said.

Here's what I don't understand about Aina. Sure her parents were killed by a Z/X, but if a human killed them instead, should she hate every single human and think of each and every one of them as evil killers? No, one normally wouldn't.

What even bothers me more is that Aina fully understands that her friends are good natured people, but rejects them nonetheless, merely because they use Z/X, who she has already been acquainted with and shown to be very nice, going so far as to bake cakes together, and later put themselves in harms way to protect her. It's like being afraid of a killer using a gun to shoot down someone, but trusting an armed police officer (most of the time), to take said killer down. Do you blame the gun, or the wielder? Rhetorical question.

Aina doesn't understand that not all Z/X are not all the same, so simply perceives them all with prejedice. On top of that, almost no two Z/X look alike (unless they're from the same zone). Some are angels, beasts, or demonic monsters. If you think of all of them as the same, you'd have to be blind, or be a pretty damn big hypocrite to still not compare them as other humans with the same criteria.

F*** Aina. She has her priorities skewed. She may as well trust a man handing out free candy from a white van, more than her friends that care for and protected her. I should have known, since she's the kind of person to chase down a goddamn balloon several blocks away into a clearly marked dangerous dark tunnel. It wasn't even one of those more expensive Mylar balloons, but the cheap latex kind that are given out for free half the time! And to chase a balloon seems rather futile in the first place, much like going after a rolling ball in the middle of traffic like an idiot.

To further point out that Aina is a hypocrite, she claims she isn't strong enough to want to take revenge together with a Z/X, but later on grabs hold of the Z/X to do just that; the very same one that possibly wanted to kill her!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't care what happens later. Aina could turn over a new leaf and become good again, or stay an idiot/evil; but if she doesn't die by the end of the series, I'm rating this series a -1 from a full score. So if the show is satisfactory 10/10, it'd be a 9/10 if Aina doesn't kick the bucket and get eliminated. Tennouji has enough smarter women around him...he doesn't need a stupid bitch with shit for brains that gives into temptation.
Estoy_GordoFeb 6, 2014 8:39 PM
Feb 7, 2014 12:29 AM
Jul 2011
@All
Don't Worry! I Think She will be good again and Asuka Tennouji will make friend with her again.
Feb 7, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, Aina's parents were taken by the Z/X, guess is pretty difficult for her to be friends with friendly Z/X huh. Well that solves everything until the end. Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday...

Feb 7, 2014 2:28 AM
Jan 2013
Asfaria said:
Aina is really easy to manipulate and kind of a hypocrite. In the end, she just ends up giving in to an evil Z/X even after all that stuff she said.

I think when she saw that mask she was under hypnosis or sth, making her dark feeling take control over her. We know she is too gentle and too scared to take revenge.
Feb 7, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2013
Aina's reasoning and hatred is skewed, and it's frustrating cause i just want to slap that chick to knock some sense into her. But oh well. Hopefully she doesn't outright die -getting her life force sucked out or whatever- but turns into a baddie that can get her ass kicked. Followed by redemption somewhere down the line probably.
Feb 7, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, what a bitch o.o
Feb 7, 2014 11:35 AM
Jan 2011
OH, dear looks like Aina is gonna be an enemy, she just became a Z/X holder and it has to be that bitch.
Feb 7, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2013
Aina No, do not, oh well, you did.
Feb 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Aina's the bad guy now? Thanks to that woman z/x who looks like Char Aznable.
Oh boy, when I saw the previews for this ep I got a bad feeling. Unfortunately they were correct....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 7, 2014 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Aina, it was sad to see her parent got killed by Z/X. It looked like Aina was under hypnosis by the mask to kill the Z/X, since she didn't really want to kill them anyway.
Feb 7, 2014 11:31 PM
Mar 2012
I really hate it when characters say: My parents were killed by "...." so I hate all "...."

Hating on Z/X yet using a Z/X's power, what the fuck. 4kicks practically said what needed to be said
Feb 8, 2014 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
Wow.. that was boring and... stupid. I never thought that she'll become an antagonist.
Feb 8, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2012
i feel bad for laughing alot when she tells ayase about her parents for the reason when they say Z/X

"Z/X killed my parents"
"i could never use Z/X"
"I want revenge against Z/X"
"Tennoji uses Z/X?"

have not even laughed this hard for an comedy anime xD

and that evil chick was so damn cheesy i could not take her serious, it kinda hard to take this anime serious but what the hell Sawashiro as a VA cant be skipped
Feb 8, 2014 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
I can understand how Aina must feel but she's acting so selfish. It's not Ayase, Fierte or Tennoji's fault what others Z/X did to her parents. I want to slap her so hard, the most annoying character in the whole show. I wonder what kind of bullshit she's going to do now.
Oh, and I hope this is not as focused on the harem, because it bores me.
Feb 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
That was sooo stupid. I never like Aina in the first place so now my feelings for her just dropped below the negatives. It honestly would be just a waste of time trying to save her. She's so weak.. i dont even pity the fact that her parents were killed by Z/X. If she stuck to her principles of not being with Z/X sure i would respect her but she gets broken so easily by that mask and decides to take revenge hours later she claims of not wanting revenge... pathetic
the stupidity is real in this girl.
Feb 9, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
aw the cake they worked so hard to make ;_;
it's too bad aina's so weak hearted >< ugh

i guess she'll be the antagonist from now on :(
just when i was beginning to like her character too!
Feb 13, 2014 3:25 AM

Feb 2013
Asuka is still useless as always. Not progressed at all as well with the storyline. dropped
Feb 14, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
I really dont like Aina now after that I mean i get that she has an issue with ZX's but now she is going to get one basically its like what the hell Hypocrite like massive she is a major Bitch

the episode was okay until then bc it just seriously went down in enjoying the episode because of what Aina said
Feb 25, 2014 12:29 AM

Jul 2013
I thought this'll be a happy burst day party episode but then that Aina...

.. she just separated from the group to what?? to get a balloon for a kid.. a balloon that is practically impossible to get back since its fucking floating!

alexpte said:
I really hate it when characters say: My parents were killed by "...." so I hate all "...."

It's actually kinda understandable at her case since it happened when she was a kid.. you know.. same with being attacked by a bear when you're too young then ended up having a trauma and then you hated bears from then on.. it can't be helped but bears don't think like Z/X so I don't know.. it's understandable and not at the same time
Apr 11, 2014 5:18 AM

Apr 2011
Aww...The cake! What a waste...

After all that she's said, she did it....
Mar 28, 2020 5:16 PM

Nov 2013
Well, Aina isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Even Ayase is able to tell friend and foe apart.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 25, 2022 4:35 PM

Jun 2016
Can't say I can take the sudden hanging about the cast has going on in this episode, seriously. Like, since episode 1, they all could have killed each other, but now they are baking a cake together... Lmao.

Aina, don't do it. Don't fall to the dark side. Anyway, does that mask even count as a Z/X? I thought it was Malice's weapon? Judging by the preview, we might not find out until later on.

May 14, 2023 12:59 AM

May 2009
Well I guess all that lying to the character with no special powers finally caught up to the main characters, for once.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

27 by Cero98 »»
Apr 15, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2014

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 15, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

28 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 15, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

59 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 15, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

31 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 13, 2023 1:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.