Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Max, always have to feel the pain. The parents are really cool, letting such a young child travel along... I always have to laugh when hearing James voice. His voice is so gay in english.
Jan 20, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, so that kid is her brother.
Aug 20, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
May's parents: "Max is too annoying. Let's leave him with naive Ash so we get rid of him!"
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
May 13, 2017 5:45 AM

Jul 2015
Norman: If you were able to enter the Shirogane Tournament, surely you have a lot of pokemon already?
Ash:Yes, but I left them all back in Masara Town.
Caroline: Can't you just transfer them over from the Pokemon Center?
Ash: I want to begin this next journey with new feelings so I wanted to battle with Pokemon I got in the Hoenn region.
Norman: That's an admirable attitude.

First of all, start with a new feelings? You don't need to stop using previously caught pokemon to use new ones. You can have new feelings by using all pokemon you have, not just those caught in Hoenn.
Secondly, Norman what are you saying? What part of it is admirable? This has nothing great to admire it for. It's just making things harder for oneself for no practical reason!

The out-universe reason is simple - viewers won't see a pokemon they don't know from RSE games in Ash's party and won't be uncomfortable when he have some they haven't seen him catching.
Eki718May 13, 2017 5:52 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
I think Max needs to learn some humility...you're an 8 year old brat who isn't old enough to be a trainer, slow your roll.

Also great dump job there by Norman. Now he's free!
Jul 3, 12:28 AM

Dec 2022
holy moly May's lil brother shit talked Ash into the dirt! surprised he had the self-respect left to battle her dad after that verbal annihilation. kid got what he had comin though!
hope Ash gets some Pokes quick, this whole new-character gimped lifestyle doesn't suit him
Jul 28, 4:49 AM

Nov 2020
I really can't believe Ash wanted to battle in a gym with just Pikachu... He really doesn't like catching Pokemon...

That annoying kid Max will be traveling with them... How great...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 75 Discussion

cloudandlight - May 17, 2015

7 by Necrius »»
Oct 13, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 36 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jul 1, 2014

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Sep 24, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 35 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jun 29, 2014

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Sep 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 179 Discussion

cloudandlight - Nov 17, 2018

3 by Frezlaj »»
Aug 13, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 2 Discussion

VVill - Dec 31, 2011

9 by krejola »»
Jul 28, 4:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.