Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2013
I really wish Tenchi, Ryo-Ohki, and his group of girls flew down at the end of episode 13 to come save Kenshi. I think that would've made for a fun way to rap up this series.
I watch dubs
Jul 18, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
It would've been nice to have some concrete connection between the two instead of vague descriptions of the characters every now and again.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 18, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Wouldn't that be kinda like an ass pull or something? I mean Tenchi and friends appear out of no where after not a single appearance or foreshadowing in the paste 12 episodes all of sudden to save Kenshi out of no where?
Jul 21, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2013
Paul said:
Wouldn't that be kinda like an ass pull or something? I mean Tenchi and friends appear out of no where after not a single appearance or foreshadowing in the paste 12 episodes all of sudden to save Kenshi out of no where?

I was thinking that it would be added more as a comedy relief moment to lighten the mood after the final battle rather then a part of the plot. I feel like it would have been funny to write in the reactions of the Kenshi's friends when they see how far technologically superior world Kenshi is from.
I watch dubs
Nov 13, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2013
I get what you mean, but maybe based on how the ending implied a second season there will be some crossover there.

I just want to see the look on everyone's face, especially Lashara when she find out Kenshi is related to the Jurian royal family, aka the royal family amongst any universe, is the younger brother of Tenchi who is God, aka above the 3 being that created there own world, oh and Tenchi is in a relationship with 2 maybe all 3 of the gods.

Yeah you were treating this guys brother as property.

I thought about it the whole time, but honestly outside of Mihoshi, I think even Sasami would one shot Babalun and end the series in 2 seconds. The gap between the weakest non mihoshi Tenchi member and Kenshi is ridiculous. And then he still was miles ahead of everyone except Babalun in Gaia mode.
Dec 20, 2013 5:52 PM

Mar 2013
krownklown said:
I get what you mean, but maybe based on how the ending implied a second season there will be some crossover there.

I just want to see the look on everyone's face, especially Lashara when she find out Kenshi is related to the Jurian royal family, aka the royal family amongst any universe, is the younger brother of Tenchi who is God, aka above the 3 being that created there own world, oh and Tenchi is in a relationship with 2 maybe all 3 of the gods.

Yeah you were treating this guys brother as property.

I thought about it the whole time, but honestly outside of Mihoshi, I think even Sasami would one shot Babalun and end the series in 2 seconds. The gap between the weakest non mihoshi Tenchi member and Kenshi is ridiculous. And then he still was miles ahead of everyone except Babalun in Gaia mode.

It's actually been hinted that Mihoshi is probably potentially the strongest girl in the Tenchi's harem and implied she's another anomaly like Tenchi and Z(She's Washu's great grand daughter).

Ryoko=potential to become equal to a Chousin.
Mihoshi=potential to become another god.
Washu+ Sasami=Chousin.
Noike=Part Kagato female half, and is clone of Washu's best friend using one of Ryoko's prototype bodies, so probably same potential as Ryoko.
Ayeka=Decendent of Seto who may have had some connection to Washu in the past and daughter of Misaki the Counteractora being equal to Tenchi.

So yup probably all of them could could wipe the floor with Babalun, but I see Babalun as been Kagato of this series IE frist and probably weakest boss.

Dec 21, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2013

As far as I am aware Tenchi is not an anamoly he is GOD aka the top dog of the tenchiverse and they just happened to come across him in the universe. Tenchi did not become God through their experiment, he awakened thanks to their meddling, but was not really created by them. At least that is how I read it. Z was not aware of Tenchi's true power when he tried to kill him, he just thought he had only the light hawk wings.

ie Z was never going to turn into a god, and no matter what Mihoshi is she can't really be anything close to Tenchi let a lone the Chousin; the only reason Misaka became the counter reactor was due to a "newtonian system where there needed to be an equal an opposite power to counteract the chousin". So in sort there is no other counteractor and there are no other god candidates. At best Mihoshi could be like Z a failed attempt to create what Tenchi is, but something that is beyond their capability.

And yes I know about the relation to Washu, but a. it was washu in a weakened human form, and b. its pretty far removed.

Also Ryoko does not have the potential to become a Chousin. Its not something you become. They just were and always are, and for some reason there were 3, but its not something you can ascend to.

But I mean I haven't read the novels as they are in Japanese only , same thing with the legendary 100 questions faq that Masaki Kashijima did, so maybe some of those mention something like you brought up.

But that aside, yea they are pretty over powered.
Dec 29, 2013 10:59 PM
Jul 2011
ok, lets get this started...

Yes, I think Tenchi and the girls should have shown up in Episode 13. However, it would be after Kenchi won the battle and because he used a Light Hawk Sword. Regardless of Tenchi being the God that the Chousin were trying to create, the fact remains that the Light Hawk Wings are a symbol of the Chousin's power and as such, they would be interested if someone like Kenchi was able to create them.

Mihoshi is not the weakest of the Tenchi group. Mihoshi has a natural ability to screw everything up. She is like a natural enemy to Washu, which is referenced in the final episodes of the Tenchi series by Tenchi's father when he is putting together the computer and comments on the chain of Power being a perfect circle. As such, if Mihoshi was going to fight Babalun, Mihoshi would win without any question other than "how did she get in here?" right before everything blows up.
Dec 30, 2013 12:41 AM

Jun 2013
slayer6950 said:
ok, lets get this started...

Yes, I think Tenchi and the girls should have shown up in Episode 13. However, it would be after Kenchi won the battle and because he used a Light Hawk Sword. Regardless of Tenchi being the God that the Chousin were trying to create, the fact remains that the Light Hawk Wings are a symbol of the Chousin's power and as such, they would be interested if someone like Kenchi was able to create them.

Mihoshi is not the weakest of the Tenchi group. Mihoshi has a natural ability to screw everything up. She is like a natural enemy to Washu, which is referenced in the final episodes of the Tenchi series by Tenchi's father when he is putting together the computer and comments on the chain of Power being a perfect circle. As such, if Mihoshi was going to fight Babalun, Mihoshi would win without any question other than "how did she get in here?" right before everything blows up.

Like I said, the Chousin imo and my understanding of the work did not create Tenchi. When you think of it even Ryoko points this out , she says whose to say there is not somebody above you as you are above us. Implying that being already exists.

So sure the Chousin would be interested in Kenshi due to him wielding a light hawk wing, but there are already rumors that it was an assit from Tenchi behind the scenes. Because as far as we know, it would be close to impossible for Kenshi to create one on his own, as only Yosho and Tenchi have bee able to do it so far, and Kenshi is not related to Yosho directly, Tenchi and Kenshi are brothers through their father who has only distant Jurian blood.

Im not counting Mihoshi's luck factor. Shown in the flashback, somebody or something brought Mihoshi to the point of ruin. Her luck keeps her okay as a side line character, but the only time she was ever confronted by an enemy in show, Kagato, all she could do was shot her gun at him until it ran out, he did not even attack her back. In a one on one fight, I cant see her beating Aeka, Ryoko, Washu, or Sasami. Noike maybe.

And besides, the Washu < Mihoshi had nothing to do with ability. It was supposed to be a joke. Mihoshi is Washu's enemy because she is so stupid and destroys everything on touch, not because she could actually beat her. Mihoshi is the fox to the hen farmer. She kills the chickens which ticks off the farmer, but if push comes to shove, farmer takes out his shotgun and kills the fox. And then Washu at least after the third OVA seems to be able to finally go to Chousin form, so then its not even a contest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » tenchi muyo! war on geminar 2rd season ( 1 2 )

animeking2115 - Nov 14, 2015

62 by Lilitu_Vito »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Khalid - Apr 5, 2010

31 by Mattinator95 »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Lvhina - May 6, 2009

36 by Lawgun »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scrypt - Jun 9, 2010

118 by Pecx »»
Sep 26, 2022 12:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Antanaru - May 26, 2010

24 by Seabury »»
Sep 11, 2022 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.