Forum Settings
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2013 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice chap. Loved his conversation with his dad. Well it failed for now. But nice courage there. I know his dad is really tough but I like him. He's quite an awesome dad ^^;

His plan sounds interesting for now. Still a bit vague so can't wait to know more about it.

Lol'd at the part when Mikage called and Hajime and Beppoi got in then left saying let's give them some time alone with cool BRO faces only to get back ruining the mood XD

And how the girls were saying how the hell aren't those 2 a couple lol XD

No a month Hiatus T_T
Barion-ZaraNov 7, 2013 8:11 AM
Nov 7, 2013 7:01 AM

Mar 2008
This was a nice chapter. It didn't go smoothly with his dad, but I think he made some progress. In this case I don't think it's unreasonable for him to hold off on giving Hachiken all that money until he has a firm plan with a concrete goal. After seeing his other son wondering around doing random stuff, I'd be a bit conservative with the money as well. Not that his father hasn't made mistakes, but in this case I think being cautious and pushing Hachiken for solidify his vision is the right step.

Interested though in Hachiken's idea. Certainly could be a solid and interesting way forward. Here's hoping it works out.

Mikage's friends really are a great group. If they left Aki to her own devices nothing would ever progress between her and Hachiken. I love how they came up with this huge operation to deliver Mikage's Valentine gift. Just hilarious and great catch there by Hachiken. Made that day a bit special and I'm glad they didn't just leave the present be. Delivering it at any other time wouldn't have the impact.

Think it's clear to that group though. They need to get these two in a relationship before graduation or there is no hope that they accomplish it alone XD.
Nov 7, 2013 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed this chapter. Yes his dad is a hardnose but he is right to not give him the money unless he really has a solid plan. He might need to come up with the money himself but that might ultimately be better. But it seems he is moving into a good direction.
Her friends assistance in timely candy delivery was cute.
Nov 7, 2013 8:12 AM

Feb 2008
His dad's got a point, but the fact that he made that point means that he's not completely against the idea, he's just going to be a hard sell.

I was totally expecting him to think that the chocolates came from Yoshino ;)
Nov 7, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Loved the new chapter! I think Hachiken's dad made the right choice in holding off with the money, but I was also really touched by Hachiken's mom. She's really trying to support Hachicken now instead of just quietly standing to the side and not trying to go against the father.

I'm very interested in Hachiken's idea, so I can't wait to see how it all plays out! I wonder what he's gonna do now.

It's great that all their friends helped with the Valentine Chocolate Operation LOL I think it'll be a long time before they ever become a couple though, hahaha...

Ughhh I'm gonna die... No GNS for a month. Maybe I'll rewatch the series. Too bad the break couldn't have been delayed until season 2 of the anime starts.Hop everything's going alright with Arakawa! Can't wait for Ch 92 ;w; I'm glad she released such a great chapter before the break! :)
Nov 7, 2013 4:05 PM
Mar 2012
Chocolate was given, and Yugo speaking to his father. Good chapter indeed, though sad about the hiatus
Nov 7, 2013 7:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
FlareKnight said:
This was a nice chapter. It didn't go smoothly with his dad, but I think he made some progress. In this case I don't think it's unreasonable for him to hold off on giving Hachiken all that money until he has a firm plan with a concrete goal. After seeing his other son wondering around doing random stuff, I'd be a bit conservative with the money as well. Not that his father hasn't made mistakes, but in this case I think being cautious and pushing Hachiken for solidify his vision is the right step.

I'm glad we're able to see Hachiken's father in a different like, or being more human than he seemed since the beginning of the series. It's good that he didn't totally reject Hachiken's plans, but instead told him that the call was like a useless meeting without a solid plan to back up his proposal. Looking forward to seeing what Hachiken will cook up. Seriously, so proud of him to find the courage to talk to his father and standing his ground. Having his mother's support is great as well, I love how she also wants to see his friends being able to survive in the world and not have to go through something like Komaba did.

Anyways, omg, the faces Hachiken made in this chapter were priceless, he always makes me laugh XD That was cute how Mikage dropped the chocolate down for him, that's really smart. Love how everyone thinks that they should be together already yet nothing's happening.
Nov 8, 2013 4:29 AM
Feb 2012
A really nice chapter, I agree. Not only did Hachiken once again show his kind and responsible side, but there was also a glimpse of romance, demonstrated by the chocolate given to him by Aki.
Too bad there's a whole month without Gin no Saji ahead of us, though...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 11, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
The hiatus makes me sad, but this was a good chapter to see us off with. Leaves the readers eager to see the continuation.
The chocolate bit was also sweet. Overall, good chapter.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Nov 11, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2011
Haha, thank goodness for pushy friends. :P I loved how that played out with him barely catching it. And yeah, I'm very interested to see how things pan out in the business plan. I'm kind of glad that his dad didn't just give him the ok without a solid plan first.
Jun 27, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
Finally... for the first time ever I 100% agree with the daddy.
I can't wait to see what Hachiken has up his sleeves.. woohoo !!!
Nov 10, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2010
AWWW, cutest Valentine's Day chapter ever! <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 3 Discussion

account123 - Apr 22, 2011

12 by thoitrangkratos »»
Nov 12, 2022 8:25 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 16 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 8, 2011

6 by Zankrax »»
Oct 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 10 Discussion

shithousnik - Jun 29, 2011

10 by Zankrax »»
Oct 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 78 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 19, 2013

7 by ChibiTalha »»
Jun 12, 2022 8:16 PM

» Was this a rushed conclusion?

JCDRANZER - May 1, 2021

6 by Adampk »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.