Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though everyone was safely evacuated and Earth was destroyed to then be Wished back in existence we do still miss one of our greatest heroes being Piccolo! Has he really passed away and can't he be wished back? Well some great development so lets see what's next!
Jan 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2009
Even though GT is shit in comparison to DB and DBZ, this is probably the saddest episode in the entire franchise. Being able to wish back any character with the Dragon Balls just desensitizes you to death but knowing that Piccolo won't be coming back actually makes it sad. RIP Piccolo.

This is the last episode of the Baby saga.
loghneckbeardJan 27, 2014 9:24 AM
Nov 7, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
Great now DBGT also ruined Piccolo's character, way to go.

Tyestor said:
Even though GT is shit in comparison to DB and DBZ, this is probably the saddest episode in the entire franchise. Being able to wish back any character with the Dragon Balls just desensitizes you to death but knowing that Piccolo won't be coming back actually makes it sad. RIP Piccolo.

They could resurrect him with the namek dragonballs, so... I hope they at least do that.
Sep 20, 2016 9:36 PM

Feb 2016
And thus ends the Baby Saga.

We'll always remember Piccolo as a hero. Pretty interesting though, so although the dragon balls were moved over to Dende... the black star dragon balls didn't move and were still under Kami/Piccolo.

Maybe he'll come back a little later in the series, there's no reason really for him to even leave. Just completely get rid of the black star dragon balls, don't tell us it ain't possible .__.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 1, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
At least Piccolo went out heroic and honorably, now I could on and on about how hollow and forced this felt but hey it's GT, that's almost a given at this point.
Aug 2, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
"Hey, one of the characters didn't get enough screentime. What shall we do?"
"Kill him?"
"Oh yes, brilliant idea"

Probably the most stupid episode of GT (where did this come from pretty please)
May 14, 2019 9:26 PM
Jul 2017
killing piccolo did seem like a stupid excuse to bring up piccolo, but overall im not mad that a character has to die because we all pass at some point. it was unfortunate that this was his only appearance other than getting whooped on by baby/gohan.
Aug 14, 2019 4:08 PM
Sep 2018
R.I.P Piccolo. (´;︵;`)

You went out like a true noble hero.

Jan 17, 2021 10:16 AM
Dec 2020
They did my boy piccolo dirty
Jan 31, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
Everything felt so rushed honestly. Piccolo's death was very anti climatic.
Nov 29, 2021 12:15 PM
May 2021
SMH, as sad it was in the end it was sensible that Piccolo sacrificed himself to get rid of the dragon balls, by dying on Earth, rather than sealing them, to have a repeat of another incident occur, okay fine, but I still didn't like it.

They could've come up with something better because Piccolo has been around since Dragonball and all through Z. Why now of all things kill him off, to be rid of the Dark Dragon balls on Earth, it made sense, but the way the end result was overall in this episode felt rushed and even though it made sense, but it's just lazy writing.

A good example of why this series is not favorable.
Sep 25, 2023 4:47 AM

Nov 2012
the disservice GT did to Trunks and Vegeta, and to a lesser extent even Pan gets so much focus that I had forgotten GT does Krillin and Maron dirty too. At first I thought Maron & 18 being such bratty horrible people to their dad/husband could be explained away with baby's control, but no they just hate him and are awful people in GT I guess. Then Krillin himself has lost all of what made him respectable and cool.

I had totally forgot they kill Piccolo here too lmao, that's how impactful it was (even tho hilariously that pic of gohan mourning as a meme is one of the most prominently persisting things GT did) it doesn't help that Piccolo hardly featured here, and how he just totally disappears after we last saw him never to seen or mentioned again until now where he's brought back just to die lol.

It's mad how GT took so many beloved characters, completely mishandled them and then the staunchest GT defenders wonder why people complain and disliked it. (I also see these same GT defenders who had such a vicitim mentality over any criticisms now constantly shitting on Super too, and feeling like they now have something they can punch down to) Both Super and GT have their flaws but I'm still wholehearted in the camp of Super being a much better continuation, and at least more respectful of the canon, characters and source material.

Seeing the cameos of side characters as they were saving people was a nostalgic saving grace I guess, but I went into this rewatch hoping my increased GT nostalgia would help me enjoy it more than I initially did. But I'm just as disappointed as I was I initially watched it all those years ago lmao.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 28, 2023 11:42 AM

Apr 2021
No, they took the people, I should have gone to the Nanekuzen planet before, Piccolo oh no.
Jan 18, 11:48 AM

Dec 2020
idk they did all that work & earth was just wished back anyways?

seemed kinda pointless along with Piccolo's death
Jan 20, 4:54 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was thinking this Earth exploding ordeal was a two episode thing but no it’s just one lol, but I’m kinda glad they didn’t waste too much time on this because the problem was solved so easily thanks to being able to just wish things to be back as they were. You also had Piccolo’s death which I agree with a lot of people in this thread that it was kinda pointless and forced, they brought a favorite character back just to kill him lol, it wouldn’t have been bad to kill him off if he was actually more present in GT but he never got the screentime he could have had.

But then again, and this is the GT fan in me lol, Piccolo wouldn’t have been able to really contribute much anyway as the villains have gotten so strong over time, the only ones he could have done something against would be some of the villains that were encountered while searching for the black star dragon balls but he didn’t join Goku on that trip, and when he did try to help he ended up getting blasted by a Baby controlled Gohan lol. So really I’m not upset he didn’t get much screentime, it’s just a shame he had to go like this, but maybe it’s not the end of him, I can’t actually remember if he comes back or not. But all that aside, this episode had some cool nostalgic moments when they showed old characters we haven’t seen in GT yet, so I like this episode just for that reason, as well as the cool visual of Earth melting down which imo was done better here than what happened with it in Resurrection F/Super.

Also oops, looks like people consider this the end of the Baby arc/saga and not the previous episode lol, oh well, if you want to read my essay it’s on that previous episode’s thread. But this next arc is where things get wild, I’m really excited to see my friend’s reaction to this.
Oct 11, 2:07 PM

May 2015
Piccolo's sacrifice makes more sense than in the French dub, because it's more clearly specified that he talks about the Ultimate Dragon Balls, while in French it could be confused than the earthling Dragon Balls which are charged by Dende.

Overall Tsuful Arc carried DBGT.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 59 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 30, 2013

7 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 14, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 64 Discussion

felix1290 - May 9, 2012

41 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Oct 13, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 55 Discussion

Nixarg - Sep 2, 2012

18 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Oct 13, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 58 Discussion

8 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 1, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 57 Discussion

11 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 28, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.