Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ruka ftw. Episode was okay I guess, kinda made me hungry. Poor Hamster lol. Oh and these eyes are kinda intense:

Dat Hinagiku moment. I wasn't surprised by it though. Not just once this episode but twice, Hayate? Really lolol
Jun 10, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2011
Meh again. Nothing else to say honestly.
Jun 10, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Did they just screw up Ruka confession ? Please, give me a break and do things normally for once...
Jun 10, 2013 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Whenever I see HnG I always think to myself how much better it would be if they actually followed a romantic story and not just a comedy/harem -_-

Was fun to see the Hinagiku changing scenes though xD
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 10, 2013 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
So there are two characters featured in this ep. lol @ Baka Test x Spice.

lol @ purple hair with megane girl arguing with Nagi for funny part & game. Wow @ Hina (well, it's expected). Wow, so that's why her question is asked... Ruka is ... lol @ the one to discuss us Hamster.

Green hair girl, so tomboyish. And same condition as Nagi. Oh, so Hikasa-san voices her.

How Hina and her sister were featured were just one thing each.

Maria!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
So it's the otaku trio this ep . It's a decent episode I guess, but definitely a step down from the previous episodes .One of the good things this episode is that Nagi isn't that annoying here so it was fun to watch .

It's really quite nice to see the nice dynamics between Nagi and Chiharu . And never knew Chiharu does the MAHOU MEIDO transformation . lol .

And from what I can remember, Ruka's conversation with Ayumu was much funnier in the manga. I dont remember why though , did they changed something ? too lazy to check .

Well about Kayura ... nothing to say about her other than she's cute and Yoko Hikasa is her seiyuu which is great .

And anyone kind enough to do the stitches for Hina's shots ? thanks . :]]

So next episode is ABOUT MARIA . MY BODY IS READY and hoping that Manglobe does not ruin it next week .

And CHIHARU won it this week . SHE IS JUST SOOOO CUUUTE .@@!
Jun 10, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2011
Boring yawnfest with that maid girl person. It was OK, and then I'm shot with not one, but two Hina changing scenes. I guess that compensates a little bit, but that Ruka scene was a let down. I will say that maid girl person sings very well; I thoroughly enjoyed the ED.
Jun 11, 2013 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Meh, meh, meh. Honestly I skipped the whole episode by going through segments. Only ones I've enjoyed were Hina, and one other.
Jun 11, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2010
>Hayate no Gotoku sucks when Hina or plot aren't on screen/page.
quote: People Who Watch/Read 'Hayate no Gotoku' Even Though It's Clearly Not For Them.

Really. The big plot is great, but HnG is a comedy manga/anime, it's always been. When you willingly read/watch something you can see is one thing, don't criticize it for not becoming something completely different. Sure, you're allowed not to like it - but why stick around and complain?

Heck, I can understand the urge to complain. I tend to let my hatred for Hinagiku show in my comments every so often too. But even criticizing the hard work of, let's be honest, quite a lot of people must have some standards. Say what you don't like, sure - but how about stopping for a while and actually thinking why you don't like it and how could it have been done better?

And possibly the most important thing: all that complaining aside you're watching/reading it. Something makes you keep doing so and I don't think it's every other manga/anime out there being worse. So why not tell us what you do like about it (and, again, hearing why is always nice and can make others see the stuff from a new perspective) to balance the complaints and praise out?

Sure, it's the Internet and time is money, ain't nobody got time for writing essays, but still. Let's keep the good and the bad at least at a 0 if not higher. It's manga and anime, after all, and we're here to have fun.

Congratulations if you read it all, by the way. Stay positive.

And the episode? I liked it. Chiharu is one of the surprisingly few characters who's NOT in love with Hayate. Instead, she can see why the others are. Not only does it add to the believability of the "harem" (just a little, but hey, plenty of harem series don't even try), it also makes her appeal different from the others'. Not to mention the glasses. Glasses are always a plus. Wear glasses, girls.
Jun 11, 2013 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
they had the seiyuu for Holo but still didnt used her... TAWAKE!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 11, 2013 3:39 AM

Mar 2012
More Chiharu is always welcomed. I'm always like her since her role increased in manga. Thought some part on manga get skipped but I'm still statisfied with this episode. No comment on Kayura thought.

And next episode is the long awaited Maria date episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 11, 2013 5:19 AM

Mar 2013
This episode is harem seriously :D but still i will continue to watch this i love this series btw :D
Jun 11, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2008
HAHA Baka to Test to Spice and wolf XD.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 11, 2013 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode!!!

Everyone seemed to have a bit of screen-time with the main focuses being on Chiharu and Kayura. It was a good adaptation from the manga and I remember that scene where Hayate was guiding Kayura around Hakuou Academy and that clock tower scene was one of my favourites. Chiharu becomes aware of Hayate's kindness to everyone to which causes Ruka and Ayumu to misunderstand her. The scene between Ayumu and Ruka about confessions was well animated in my opinion. That BBQ looked very delicious and it finished off with an expected scene of Hayate being caught off guard.

Looking forward to seeing Maria as the main focus in the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 11, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2012
Sasuga Hayate, he's the only one that could penetrated Hinagiku's perfect defense lol..
Keep moving forward
Jun 11, 2013 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
yes Maria episode next week
Jun 11, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2012
was a great episode again!
They're really pulling out the good episodes one after the other now~

And yeah, Chiharu really is one of the few that aren't in love with Hayate (cause she's got feelings for Saku ;P), yet the others mistaked it for that xD

I do feel like they botched the Ruka scene some.

And, while a Maria episode is always great, this looks like stuff that already aired in the first two seasons.

Ah well. The real question is: what is AFTER Maria? Could the beloved Ruri show up!? That'd be an amazing way to bring in more episodes~
Jun 11, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty okay ep, better than the first few, still not as good as the last two.
Jun 12, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
I heard that there is fanservice scene for Hinagiku and so I came.. and I waited and waited and waited... How come it is mostly Chiharu?? And then Kayura? But FINALLY !! Alright, I am satisfied and happy now !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 12, 2013 9:35 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, It's Chiharu's arc this time.
Jun 12, 2013 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode.That Hinagiku fanservice <3

Looks like next week is Maria's turn! C:
Jul 9, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2012
Really good episode, especially Ruka was epic in this episode, oh but Hayate sure is dense :p

But didn't he kiss Nagi in the last season?
Nov 10, 2013 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
BakaTest & Gesooo~
Well, ok episode... But + Hinagiku fanservice it's become a great episode xD

Next ep, it's Maria!! *_*
Long time no see her in action
"Signature removed"
Nov 30, 2017 8:05 AM
May 2017
I've honestly never understood chiharu's place in the show. I think she is a pointless character.
Dec 25, 2019 4:51 AM

Aug 2017
Awesome episode, Hayate really rocking the harem now. Nice Hinagiku body shots. Hayate making all the girls swoon, what a player.

Jun 27, 2023 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
I know about lifting heavier shopping bags but never about walking on the side closest to the traffic. I should do that from now on. lol
Wow, successive Hinagiku fanservice and on white undies too! I want to devour her!

More topics from this board

» Hayate the combat butler season 5??

chrisedmonds - May 5, 2017

20 by _Udara »»
Aug 30, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

60 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 27, 2023 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.