Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2012 12:41 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kind of like that we have Lupin appearing in a solo story but this one is just not very interesting. Lupin's ultimate deception is kind of obvious and the way he escapes a little outlandish even for this series. We don't even find out why the islander thieves were using Lupin's name for crimes or what the ever-important rule 39 was.
Oct 10, 2012 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
It strikes me as odd and very unlikely that the islanders would revere Arsene Lupin and unhesistantly make the decision to "take care of" his grandson who carries on his legacy.

Oct 23, 2012 8:30 PM

Jan 2012
It is interesting to learn more about the past Lupin's in the recent episodes. As mentioned already, there are a lot of questions that aren't answered here. I'll put down what I think is the answer to them.

As for the first one by Fronzel in regards to the thieves using Lupin's name.

The island appears to revere or at least respect Lupin the second because of the book they all study from. They probably use his name in homage of the teachings they received. Of course, I do not know for sure.

Regarding Rule 39
They say that it has to do with how a thief should act. I'm assuming that a thief should act much like how Lupin acts since he is decedent of Lupin the second. Again, I do not know for sure.

The question from Xhexania in regards to why they would "take care of" lupin the third.

It wasn't until after Zenigata(lupin in disguise) told the villagers that he knew their secret and it was Lupin who told him that they decided to take down Lupin. Also, when they found out the person who came on the island was Lupin, someone said that he came to the island for "revenge" since they used his name to steal things. At least, that is what I am guessing.

As to the "take care of" part that was mentioned right when they see the photo, I don't believe they meant it in the way of killing of Lupin. That might have been a translation that was taken the wrong way. That's what I think anyway.

Enjoyed the episode though.
May 26, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Lupin how do you drop the book after all of that?
Jun 12, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
Those villagers were arseholes. At least they got what was coming to them.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 3, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2012
Very cartoony ep. Fun but super far-fetched a lot of the time.
Sep 10, 2015 8:24 AM
Nov 2013
This was a fun solo Lupin episode, and I would't mind more like it. Even though it resorted to using, deus-ex machina, I still had a great time!
Mar 5, 2019 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
How did that crown stay manage to stay in place xD
Look like glued to the table, but Zenigata took it so easily

I thought those people idolized Lupin (maybe only 1st and 2nd) but they tried to kill Lupin 3rd

RIP book, he dropped it at the end
"Signature removed"
Apr 24, 2019 9:01 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was all about Lupin, and his attempt to recover his grandfather's book from those wannabes who, to be fair, were capable as thieves. lol But it was still cool, and though he suffered a bit and even dropped the book in the end, he was able to win against that village of thieves. And I think this is the third time already or something, but I love how Zenigata says "I will catch you next week", gently breaking the fourth wall. xD
Dec 3, 2019 2:41 PM

Feb 2017
I'd like to know all the rules in the book. Not that I want to become a master thief or anything like that...
Dec 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
lol that theft sequence at the beginning.
Oh, it's a Lupin Arsène fan club. A bit of a samey episode, but nice to see the legacy that Lupin III's grandfather have left.
Sea 1 x Book 0
Dec 12, 2021 6:43 AM

Sep 2018
Episode in which an aspect not always so discussed and visible is investigated, the character of Lupine during the narration demonstrates with a show of strength the value of a Thief, those with a capital L who have an ethics, not thieves. Pleasant and fun as usual, perhaps a little less than the previous ones, but always enjoyable watching this episode.
Jan 20, 2022 3:14 AM
Apr 2021
It was so good .I loved Lupin's character designs here.Looking for the next episode
Apr 7, 2023 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
For sure, one of the weakest episodes on the show. 
Dec 8, 2023 7:56 AM

Aug 2021
Why didn't the imposter know Lupin's face? Where did Lupin find the Zenigata disguise?
Oct 5, 5:56 AM

Aug 2021
Poor Lupin, so much trouble picking up the book only to drop the book at the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 23 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 18, 2010

37 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 5, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 16 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 4, 2010

17 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 15 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 22, 2012

27 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 14 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 2, 2010

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 4 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 12, 2010

26 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 3, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.