Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2011 9:07 PM

Apr 2010
All I have to say is... HORY SHIIT!

This episode was really good. I am really glad I've been watching this from the start, makes me feel like I've been part of this awesomeness since the beginning ^_^

I reckon they chose Phryne to perhaps re...create...... the human population O.o? I dunno man, but I certainly want to find out. And it seems Phryne and Nessa are the same person, one just a younger version of herself.

Or maybe Phryne has some kind of special gene that enables her to becoming this uh "key"... because that exam looks quite similar to another physical exam I'm thinking about. I'm sure you all can guess which exam I mean. And also, I remember someone mentioning how Clain's mother looks kinda familiar to Phryne, but I don't think that is something really significant.

Anisamar said:
though, someone tell me how red hair changes into brown when you grow up

This is very possible... even if someone has red hair when they were younger, their hair can change colour when they grow up, and becoming red to brown would be rare but it's actually possible if I'm correct. But then again, I think Nessa's/Y.Phryne's hair colour is artificial.

Clain kinda reminded me of Touma Kamijo and MISAKA10031 with the whole Sisters incident :P
If you didn't understand what I mean by that then go watch "To aru Majutsu no Index".
Mar 13, 2011 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
That bishop being Prhyne's father came as a surprise that he was a sick perverted bastard wasn't so surprising i feel sorry for Phryne tho.
He seems like one of the worst possible father's a girl can have not only smelling his daughter in such a perverted way but also forcing her to have a check to make sure her hymen is still intact.
Not to mention using her friend as a bargaining tole to make sure she does it.
Luckily Nessa came in time to stop him from doing so.

That Phryne's little sister was actually a clone of her when she was young was also pretty surprising and what's even more surprising is how many clones there are.
The way the clones where treated also wasn't very pleasant, they where just used as tools and sacrificial lams.
It just makes me wonder what kind of childhood Phryne would have had not only with all those clones around but also such a father.

Diaz is really suicidal going in to a enemy's base in such a way and using such weaponry which he was using for the first time based on his statement.
I wonder if his ship survived that blast tho i am not to sure wether he was the one that caused that blast or the Phryne clone did.
What i am sure of however is that the Phryne clone knew what was coming and that she saved both Phryne and Clain.

Nessa was pretty upset and it was interesting to see how the woman tried to deal with that tho they could not prevent her from going into a enemy base.
It's nice to see her use the powers she has after last weeks episode tho she is only using them out of her anger which makes me wonder if she will use them again anytime soon.
Mar 13, 2011 7:20 AM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Heck yeah Cleo! Glad you are like others on the same wavelength.
Oh lol, you think I'm always siding with the bad guys?
It's more like this: if a series is ambiguous about a character, I'm willing to go along with that, and follow the 'not guilty, unless proven otherwise' flow.
I guess we'll be clashing a lot, as I'm not as quick to judge as you are, but that should make the discussion more fun right? Agreeing on everything is boring.
Phryne's dad: no doubt at all, he's clearly having sexual pleasure at Phryne's expense.
Not only Phryne but could also be all these other clones, who know what he was doing with them besides he has a knack for a women's smell so he mentions while being with Phryne.
Yumekichi11 said:
The only reason I see for the virginity of Phryne is that the key has to do something with the hymen or the ovaries of the women. At the very least the key may need a clean place in the womb to work out properly.
cleo said:
No need to go all technical imo, I was indeed thinking along the lines of simply 'virgin birth'. And as birth clashes hard with death/destruction, having 2 vessels for the 2 keys seems logic - but that's just my logic.
Well no intention in being technical, just being clear about it. Also problem is Nessa can't give birth if she is only a doppler, this is where I wonder if Nessa may be more of new of human/doppler. We shall about that but clearly she either a vessel holding the key of destruction for Phryne or will become something more than a doppler as the series progresses.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 13, 2011 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
Why what a great episode, I am loving the way Fractale is going, these past 2 episodes full of action, good animation, freaky characters and some sad outcomes (if that makes sense).
Mar 13, 2011 5:53 PM

Apr 2010
Some questioned answered, even more questions brought up. What in the hell. Quite a cliffhanger, and even though Fractale as a show is fairly confusing, it still manages to keep your eyes glued to the screen the entire time. It's very engaging and is overall a good, entertaining show.

For once, I decided to listen to a friend's suggestion of watching an anime... and I'm glad it ended up being Fractale as the suggestion! It's interesting.
Mar 13, 2011 6:55 PM
Dec 2007
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
Why what a great episode, I am loving the way Fractale is going, these past 2 episodes full of action, good animation, freaky characters and some sad outcomes (if that makes sense).
I agree, except for a few hiccups and choppy pacing at parts, I have to say Fractale has improved after that extremely poor first half-season. Let's hope the climax and finale don't dissapoint.

Mar 14, 2011 8:29 AM

Mar 2010
Very good episode
Mar 14, 2011 8:35 AM

Jul 2009
So that's where the animation budget from last week went.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 14, 2011 8:52 PM
Sep 2009
Well, that was the best episode I've seen this season, hands down. Fractale has just proven itself well worth my time, and maybe the season's best.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Mar 15, 2011 2:39 AM

Sep 2009
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu sad ep T.T
Mar 23, 2011 3:52 AM

Oct 2009
OMFG KANADE I LUB YOU!!!

Anyways that father is a fucking creep, I want him to die -- painfully if possible.

Why do they need Phryne's virginity anyways? Fractale huh.
YanofliesMar 23, 2011 4:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2011 3:10 PM
Mar 2010
Very important episode!!! Phryne is the "key", she must be vergin, but Nessa?? who is Nessa?? we only know that she is Phryne's child aspect....
There are other three episodes, what we will see??? I think Climax will be in 10th episode....

next to 9th ep
Mar 30, 2011 6:10 PM
Oct 2007
Very nice and intriguing episode. No boring moment, my eyes was glued to the screen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2010
that pervert man is phryne's father?? omg. and what's with that device that needs the legs to be apart?? it's suspicious..

clones of phryne reminds me as well of misaka mikoto's clones..

this ep. is..it's so sad..really..

and the revelations are so disturbing..and the end is a cliffhanger again!!>:o!
Apr 2, 2011 8:35 PM

Mar 2009
Clones huh.
Apr 6, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
SUDDENLY A RANDOM CONVENIENT NUKE SHELTER APPEARS!

Fucking bullshit man.
May 16, 2011 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
Very interesting, I'm glad Phryne's father is dead now
May 22, 2011 5:31 AM

Dec 2009
great episode.
Parts of this ep. where a bit awkward though. I'm glad I watched it alone. Still, it didn't hinder the enjoyability.
Jul 10, 2011 2:12 AM
Jul 2010
Best episode so far. Wouldn't have guessed that girl that looks like Nessa was just a Phryne clone nor that the Fractale System worked based on that (I guess?).
Jul 15, 2013 11:36 PM

Jun 2012
Thats one fucked up nigga.
Sep 9, 2013 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but this is the part where I'll stop thinking about what the heck is going on. Just enjoy the ride.

I love this animation
Dec 6, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Oh boy what an interesting episode especially that nice cliffhanger! Well things sure don't look all too good but I'm sure they will be fine! So let's see what happens next!
Jan 10, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2013
The clones! D:

Nessa and Phryne are one in the same! D: Whoa!!!

Creepy pervy "dad" - ewww.

The ending! I hope they are okay!!!

Dias came to help too! so he's not so bad!
Sep 2, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
I feel sorry for Phryne for having a sick fuck for a father
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, after did a nearly death prank, but actually saved by fractale system of healing, Clein found a truth behind the identity of real Nessa. She's just Phryne clone, that might keep fractale system to worked. But why its looks not alike the teen Phryne? Possibly its related to Doppel Nessa. The temple faction, or should i call, order from high priest, might creating the sample of the clone to be looks like Nessa. So i may have guess Doppel Nessa actually the pure and real Nessa, not the opposite. But the real question is, why using Doppel Nessa? Should've been answered it by looking at Phryne character desc spoiler to know it detailed. However, i still believe more explanation will be able a few next...

So, after seeing a little bit of poster of this anime which i look closely how same hair color between Phryne and Nessa, i may a little guess over incoming episode plot:

Confused? That's how this episode flow. I actually don't understand much of its half, but, one thing for sure, die you creepy father!

Also, watching Enri was so damn glued worrying about Clein lives. Man, talk about character development. Definitely a tsundere type i like...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.